Heathcliff is stickfighting with a beaver

Heathcliff is stickfighting with a beaver.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-Tdu4uKSZ3M?t=40s
youtu.be/MpaQ6xaQ4k4
youtu.be/T0nS1wRaA64
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The beaver is a tough fighter.

what the fuck how is this the real comic

Why the hell would he be fighting a beaver?

Because.

Heathcliff needs to prove that he's bad news.

These comics are just so damn consistent, it's amazing. I think I'm coming around the bend and starting to unironically enjoy them.

Can we see an anime fight scene of this?

>starting to unironically enjoy them
That happened to me sometime last year. It's like finally becoming enlightened.

Isn't "beating the beaver" slang for female masturbation? Because it sounds like it.

>YOU WERE MY BROTHER, HEATHCLIFF

There can be only one

>IT WAS SAID THAT YOU WOULD DESTROY THE GARBAGE APE, NOT JOIN HIM

You ever hear about the tragedy of Darth Lasagna, the Lazy?

>it's a Universal Press Legend

>He became so lazy that the only thing he was afraid of was mondays. Which eventually of course, they came. Unfortunatelly, he taught his apprentice how to be bad news, then his apprentice kicked him from a table in his sleep.

Pussys and Beavers have a long complicated history.

Man this is a really weird Usagi Yojimbo arc

Usacliff Heathjimbo

I kek'd to this. I need to go to bed

And when I think Heathcliff doesn't find new ways to puzzle me.
That is what I like about it, always something different.

Now you know why it's popular.

All the simple, wearied pensioners just want something utterly bland, consistent and ever-present. Heathcliff will always be in the funnies, he'll never hurt their feelings and he'll never change.

>the ham helmet is the soul of a warrior, Usacliff

Only people with advanced tastes can understand the marvel that is Heathcliff..

grandma has unsettlingly-shapely legs.

Where's this kid's actual parents, speaking of?

It really is something amazing.

They were sacrificed to appease the garbage ape.

>Dark Spirit Heathcliff has invaded!

the kitty korners are the best part, it's a bleak window into the type of people who are taking these at face value

I wonder how many of those are bullshit. Some of these just sound incredibly far-fetched, but then again, animals can be fucking weird some times.

Wait, is that an edit or real?

That's an edit.

youtu.be/-Tdu4uKSZ3M?t=40s

Love it

youtu.be/MpaQ6xaQ4k4

>not using the transparent PNG version of the faces (just below OP)
ONE
FUCKING
JOB

That hunter's instinct though. It understands the dustbuster is part of the vaccuum family, but it's the smaller and weaker of the herd.

>A pussy and Beaver

A+++

"Puss"

Anyone who names their cat one of the ugliest slang terms for vagina has to be insane no matter what the answer is.

I haven't slept in 19 hours, Heathcliff is hilarious right now.

This is an actual joke, I think. A dirty one at that. A pussy and a beaver is fighting each other using a phallic symbol. There are two birds (possibly Tits) observing the event. "It's hard to beat a beaver" implies you need practice in order to fully satisfy a woman.

Good one, Gallagher. Looking forward to the next one.

This so fucking surreal

Same here. I've been up for almost 26 hours. The more sleep deprivation takes a toll on my sanity, the more heathcliff starts to make sense. Alternatively, you could just squint your eyes and shoot yourself. That works too.

Old Snake vs Ocelot edit when

>snake eater starts playing

Heathcliff is the only media that can make me feel emotions in the current year. I check every day to see if there will be a Heathcliff thread.

Hey that's my post! I'm on a Mac, so it truncated the file name and I lost the joke part of it. Honestly it works better that way.

Do you usually feel emotions in past and future years?

When you read Heathcliff daily, everything is possible.

OH COME ON
YOU DIDN'T EVEN TRY TO MAKE A JOKE GATELY

life is a joke

>denoting an amount of time you've been awake that is under 24 hours
You are a gigantic pussy

>bib
>not a helmet

Could someone hand me an isolated Garbage Ape and the colorized Bad News please?

You know that idea that Jon from Garfield writes the Heathcliff comic actually would make a lot of sense I think

nvmd, got bad news, still need garbage ape tho

jedi vs sith

Friendly reminder that Heathcliff is better than Garfield

youtu.be/T0nS1wRaA64

>Gately
This one is by Gallagher, his nephew. Gately's comics were mostly just black and white rather than colored.

Is Heathcliff some sort of meta anti-humor? Is that the joke?

suggestions?

It's a bit too airtight as a straightfaced irony gag going for like 40 years or whatever. How do you go that long without even a hint that you're joking about being awful?

I think the joke is supposed to be the audience that likes this kind of dry, unfunny, cutesy PC humor, and are comically unaware that they are the butt of the joke. See

meant for

>Garbage Ape is throwing the garbage into Heathcliff Poster
10/10, as a professional Heathcliffologist, I approve.

It's just nonsense. It wasn't this absurd before the creator died, but it wasn't exactly by the numbers either. It was like a poor man's Garfield.

This is the greatest of honors.

Touched it up a little bit

Wow, it's bizarre seeing Heathcliff with detailed facial expressions.

Dunno, but Urban dictionary claims it to mean: "As a male to pound the vagina like a jackhammer."

Nicely done

Well its 26 hours now, if it makes you happy. Help me

Heathcliff shoops are fun to do

the real mvp

The real cause behind the sjw calarts toon rampage impacting the industry negatively nowadays is the fact Heathcliff was denied the movie he deserved a few years ago which halted the development of a new golden age of animation.

I can only picture Heathcliff films as being old style silent films with captions.

I can only imagine it as surreal stop motion movie using paper Heathcliffs cut from the strip itself. Probably directed by Svankmajer.

I wonder what happened to that project. It would be so fucking bizarre to see Heathcliff among all the psuedo-edgy self-referential CalArts type shit that's in-vogue nowadays. A rare gem of sincerity.

there was a single press release in 2009, or so google claims, then nothing

it had the guy who did that weaboo singer cartoon attached to it

The comic is anti-funny but what do you guys feel about the cartoon? It's not great but I find it mildly enjoyable.

>none of the original gnostic charm
>no garbage ape
>casual bait catillac segments with humor unworthy of Heathcliff and a waifu, a commodity pious scholars of Heathcliff lore dismiss

It's shit

Is there a beaver villain? Please let there be a beaver villain.

That's a shame, I would have gone to see it. I hate live action adaptations of family cartoons, though. Never seems to translate well.

I wonder if this week's sunday strip is going to have a joke in it; last week's was really cute. Actual jokes remove what makes Heathcliff so distinct, though.

Says the man with lucky seven trips.
checked, checked and checked.
Also I won't judge heatcliff relationship with a cupcake, its current year for fucksake, if heathcliff wants to date/fuck a cupcake it's none of my business.

7 AND 7 AND 7 AND AN EMPTY WORLD OF ZEROES, THE DEMICLIFF CAN NOW MANIFEST TO REMAKE IT IN HIS IMAGE

The Garbage Ape is, as his name might imply, an ape preoccupied with garbage. The Garbage Ape appears to be based on the phenomenon of garbage cans that are overturned during the night: the Garbage Ape is most often shown at night, and when shown is generally depicted as flipping over the garbage cans of humans (or occassionally even stealing them).

The Garbage Ape is relatively unique in the Heathcliff universe as a character that receives Heathcliff's unconditional love and respect. The Garbage Ape is never attacked or mauled by Heathcliff as other characters might be, and is never a victim for the sake of a punchline. Heathcliff's love of the Garbage Ape is well-documented, and repeated often within the strip.

The Garbage Ape's color is extremely varied, ranging from black to brown to even pink in some strips. Whether this change in color is canon (perhaps a result of the Garbage Ape's fur being staind from the garbage that gives it its name) or simply a stylistic decision is unknown. The existence of the Garbage Ape's sidekick, Trash Chimp, gives rise to the possibility that there may even be multiple Garbage Apes in the Heathcliff universe. Aside from the Trash Chimp, nothing is known of the Garbage Ape's family or home life.

The fact that the Catillac Cats' designs didn't look remotely like Heathcliff's always bothered me.