/HELP/

How come comedy movies aren't funny anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wthAZpvoszA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Modern Hollywood PC Culture and shitty millennial generation afraid of speaking their mind.

the inbetweeners 2 was hilarious

youtube.com/watch?v=wthAZpvoszA

>2016

Lazy writers don't write jokes or funny lines, just situations and improv. There's also no visual comedy, just several angles cut together in post production. It's just lazy.

I thought
>brothers grimsby
was hilarious as fuck and clearly not PC but of course I will get booed at for my opinion here. How dare anyone likes Sascha Baron Cohen. Fuck the opinions here. He does good comedy.

that shit had me dying dude

Glad you liked it, too. Can you recommend other good modern comedies to me? By modern I mean 15 years old. I liked everything Sascha Baron Cohen has ever done, Zoolander 2 and Superbad. That's all I can think of - sadly.

Update: Oh I actually thought Tropic Thunder was amazingly hilarious and clearly not PC. I've watched it in the theater and I had people walk out on it. I had never experienced this before but it made me and the girl I saw it with laugh even more...this makes me realize. I saw it with a lady friend (not fat or stinky or anything) and she laughed. I could never watch this movie with my Vietnamese girlfriend. She wouldn't laugh at all. Now I feel bad. Good thing there are hardly any comedies anymore so I would fall into that pitfall.

Hollywood is more pc and the definition of "offensive" has shifted from dirty jokes to racial humor. Raunch isn't nearly as edgy and offensive as it was 15 years ago. South park destroyed the concept of people getting offended by something gross and now people are offended by making fun of other people.

Scary Movie, The Other Guys, Hot Shots II, Popstar, Hot Rod, This the End

CAN I PAINT HIS YOOHOO GOOOOOOLD?

Good points. I didn't dare to say those names here but why not. I used to love Scary Movie when it was new. Was THE FILM friends and I would always quote. Haven't seen it in a decade though. I liked The Other Guys and I was wondering how that cop movie with that angry Australian and Ryan Gosling might be like. Hot Shots is great.
What about At the world's end? More action than comedy though. I have never heard of Popstar.

Fascinating blog post faggot

>austin powers was funny

t. Millennial

Young people nowadays only laugh at Rick and Morty and Youtube shit.

Hollywood isn't gonna make a movie no one will go to.

very toight, yes

Trainwreck is funny

The Nice Guys is pretty funny. Popstar is Andy Samberg Lonely Island

Fuck off

comedy goes in cycles and gets dated relatively quickly, you can't tell the same jokes forever

plus because people are generally lazy, comedy tends to just get more lol extreme as time goes on instead of clever

no u

This. Nostalgiafagging or literally retarded. Michael myers is terribly unfunny.

Have you even seen Waynes World?
Its hilaroius you faget

i loved Spy

It has a few good jokes, calling it "hilarious" is terribly misguided

You're just sour.
Its legit funny

Austin Powers is the Madea for White People

Nah, Madea is a parody of a stereotype, Austin Powers is a parody of a movie genre.

whoa

Shut up nerds

So funny

The only joke is the second movie that made me laugh was when fat bastard described his shit has a "turtle head" sticking out. Lost my shit. Way too many product placement jokes too, "get your hand off my heiny" was the only mildly funny one.

Tropic Thunder was probably the best comedy of the decade when it came out desu

Faggots.

Literally.

Well, then there's no pleasing you.

>brothers grimsby
>hilarious as fuck
Noose your moose

Just rewatched it. It was really great with multiple levels of humor and an insane budget for a comedy movie. I doubt we'll get another like that any time soon. "What we do in the Shadows" is a great comedy that came out like 2 years ago.

The Inbetweeners US was great too.

But when you alt right cunts speak your mind you're never funny, you're just annoying.

>>>/reddit/

You've become too jaded, cynical, self-aware and ironic.

waynes world is good, but so i married an axe murderer is objectively meyers best movie

It's all ironic

Whats not ironic about this scene is that the song has been stuck in my head for the passed 10 years.

Comedies aren't funny anymore because the real world has become an absurdist parody

Laughing at bill nye's shitty attempt at liberal propaganda was way better than trying to laugh at old comedy movies of my childhood. They weren't even good for nostalgia. Also posting on imageboards is like interactive comedy gold where I can contribute.

Most will Ferrel stuff is pretty funny still.

Also this was funny

pic related is pretty funny dark comedy

the seinfeld reboot will be great
the new kramer is black tho

its an abstract feel