Why do you think she created Steven at the expence of her own life?

Why do you think she created Steven at the expence of her own life?

She and Greg could have fugged without her forming functioning ovaries.

rose believed all life was precious
so she mightve accidentally gotten preg and decided to keep it

also gems never gave birth before so they prob didnt know itd go down like this

She formed ovaries on purpose.

with Pearl's "you're j-just a phase :^((((" shtick, the ambiguity left after Greg asks "have you loved other humans before" and the fact that the fence was put up so Rose would be less sad about dead humies, I guess Rose probably fucked scores of humans.
I think her hybridization plot was because she thought the human race could bring something unique and of worth to Gemkind, whether it be gooey sentimental bullshit like "love" or "creativity" or something actually tangible, only time will tell.

She knew, she made videos and stuff specifically addressing the fact that she wouldn't be there to bring up lil Steven.

Her and Greg at least ten years before Steven was born. They did plenty of "fugging".

And the reason was Rose knew how earth, and humans, have the capacity to change Gem's. Gem's spend millenia without ever changing, and only doing so rarely on spur of the moment occasions. But contact with humans seem to increase the likelihood of change, and in many cases change for the better. Steven is meant to bring peace to the universe by changing the gems, all of the gems, for the better.

Greg and Rose met ten years before Steven was born. They had plenty of fugging.

Interesting theory. The Crystal Gems did see humans go from pre-Ur hunter gatherers to modern civilization. Must be a shock to a race that has only changed slightly in 5000 years.

>" and the fact that the fence was put up so Rose would be less sad about dead humies
I'm pretty sure that one is a fan-made comic, not canon.

I thought there was at least one reference to that in a flashback episode.

I had a theory that she loved humans so much that she wanted to do one or more of the following things:
1) Experience childbirth like a human
2) Have a human son (Rose wanted Steven to embrace his human side rather than his Gem side in my theory)
3) In a way, become human through Steven

I'm not so sure anymore though due to my bias for the new "Rose is actually evil" theories. I still want to know what the fuck is in that chest and what Bismuth is.

Did Greg marry Rose? Did Greg ever consider Rose to be his wife?

>rose believed all life was precious
aside for her own apparently

Most likely this and maybe a bit of this too

unrelated but this reminds me of when Tumblr bitches ganged up on a suicidal girl for making Rose not a huge she beast and making a human Garnett white in fanart.
Literally the worst fandom on that site

gems arn't alive, they're more like macroscopic viruses than life forms proper

She gave up her life for all life. That's why you must believe in Steven.

Giving life while ending self. Seems like a natural fit for a tree-hugging life-loving immortal warrior without a home. Also she likes human men, they are so much fun.

Her art got more attention and she friends with a few e-celebs now because of the incident. All of the tumblr faggots that bullied her accidentally helped her in a way.

Because she and Greg wanted a child, and Rose wanted the child to be both human and a Gem.

All Pearl said was that humans should stay on the other side of the fence.