Why does Lucas get so much shit when this is the 3rd best Star Wars movie?

Why does Lucas get so much shit when this is the 3rd best Star Wars movie?

Even if you don't agreewith that, it's certainly better than the new Disney ones, no?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YLFhbLSl1CU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>3rd best
Not even close. All 3 of the OT are better. TFA is arguably better as well.

Return was kinda boring

Three is one of the best. FA is garbage with no iconic or memorable moments.

youtu.be/YLFhbLSl1CU

>Sup Forums revisionism

3rd? It's not even better than TPM.

I liked TPM but Revenge didn't have child actors so that's a plus

Honestly, I'd take child actors over that romance dialog.

I truly...
Deeply...
hurt my face from cringing.

It's the fourth best IMO, definitely better than anything Disney has done.

True, but not enough Sheev

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH THIS LOOKS LIKE A GREAT SITE FOR A CONDO AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!

Oh there was plenty of Sheev, but you know what there wasn't?

A retarded-ass Yoda fight scene.

When it came out Revenge was quite well recieved from fans and critics. Everyone agreed it was a step up from the first two prequels and a decent end to the trilogy.

I watched the prequels last week and had a blast, I still can't understand the hate, especially when the same people who hate it love the disney films

Gen x was triggered by Jar-Jar because George ruined their muh childhood

I am 100% fine with Jar-Jar these days with the understanding that he was intended to be like evil sith Yoda.

It kinda pisses me off that fan reaction ruined what would have been an incredible story-arc.

>he was intended to be like evil sith Yoda.
what?

I'm a millenial and jar jar triggers me. Grew up with the OT before the PT even came. kys "muh episode 1" faggot.

Spinning wasn't a good trick.

100% not kidding.
Remember all those quotes from Lucas about how they needed to get Jar Jar working because "He's the key to all of this"? There was another thing from his voice (or mo-cap?) actor implying there were huge aspects of the character that weren't revealed.

SO, add some analysis by autists to this, and people noticed some things about Jar-Jar. Shit like:

He was down in the engine room during the escape from naboo, and R2 rams into him because he's tampering with somthing. This, right before the hyperdrive goes out.

Also, Jar Jar does the "Jedi mind trick gesture" towards Qui-gon the moment before Qui-gon decides that they needed a navigator for the planet core (which we find out later, they didn't need at all)

There's other little shit, and youtube videos to explain it.

btw: Its pretty clear in light of these revelations that Jar-Jar was actually intended to be the titular "Phantom Menace" in TPM.

Unironically made me think

There's a reason I say he'd be like Evil Sith Yoda.

Cuz it'd be like pottery.

awwww did George Lucas ruin your precious toy commercials? :-(

Lucas was right after all, it rhymes

>people think RotS is a top-3 SW movie
>people think RotS is better than mediocre

I don't understand it and I never will.

top 4 at the very worst

no
even rogue one is better and that movie is a turd

Because it fucking sucks. Rhe prequels are fucking boring, poorly structured messes and no amount of shit posting will change that. Good day sir.

>Why does Lucas get so much shit when this is the 3rd best Star Wars movie?

Because it was not a good movie. I watched it when I was 11 years old, an I think that if I was even a little older I would have hated it. But honestly, the problem is that so many Star Wars fans refuse to admit that in this entire series, there are only two movies which are objectively good: Episode 4 and Episode 5.

Everything else is down to nostalgia, nothing more. Star Wars is a genuinely confusing series in that sense, I don't think we've ever had anything quite like it.

The emperor and luke scenes are better than anything in the prequels