There was a thread a couple days ago about this but I still want a debate on this

There was a thread a couple days ago about this but I still want a debate on this.

Why did Dr. Pepper never actually make it in Europe and lost hard to its competition (((Coca Cola))) and Pepsi? Does it really only boil down to marketing failure?

I've only gotten the chance to drink Dr. Pepper maybe 10-15 times in my life, it's veeery rare here in Sweden (atleast where I live)

Coca Cola worked with the cia during the cold war.

Nu/pol/ won't tell you this because this is gonna turn into a jerkoff about which soda tastes better than which

Ever had this, user?

Out of all the things that have come out of Texas, Dr Pepper is something I don't like so much.

The taste is just too overpowering.

Haven't noticed that circlejerk, especially on Sup Forums

Nope never seen it in my life

The few times I've drank it, it was amazing. Tastes pretty much like Coca-Coly cherry, just a bit sweeter. Definitely tastier than Coke in my opinion

I pick Dr. Pepper whenever it's an option.

i drink only water.

This. Fuck all that syrup shit

It used to taste nice but they changed it and it's fucking vile.

pretty much only because of good marketing and logistics. Same reason the Mars bar is big in europe but not in America. No one in America really put the time and money into the bars marketing

Im assuming this includes vodka

I bet you have never had one of these Sven.

Dr. Pepper is my favorite pop. Much better than any other flavor in my opinion.

Coca cola is one of the rare products that is actually worth the amount people spend on it.
Dr. Pepper is alright but it should be sold at less than half the price if it wants to be successful.

You can get Dr. Pepper at most shops in Germany. Don't think every country is as backwards as your reindeer fucking shithole, Svenson.

Last time I was in Europe I noticed that anywhere aside from the UK weren't big on soda and preferred to drink wine and beer over it because of the sugar, so prices went up.
Dr. Pepper does fine in North America because of the demand so it clearly never made it over because Europe's demand isn't worth investing money into because it wouldn't make enough profits.

Coca Cola is simply objectively better

newfags

>stopped drinking regular soda back in early 2000s because family thought atkins would be a cool idea
>drink nothing but diet soda for like 10 years
>regular soda tastes like pure sugar to me now

even fucking juice is too sweet nowadays. i started cutting it with sparkling water.

This, i might have a soda maybe once or twice a year. How can you willingly injest liquid sugar?

I have tried Dr Pepper once and didn't like it at all. It was way too sweet, and tasted like some really shitty cheap chemical candy. Tasted like lovehearts in liquid form, and I could only sip it in very small doses at a time.

>hurr I like something, why doesn't everyone likes it
Because it tastes like shit, I wouldn't drink it if I get it for free. Worst soda ever

>aside from the UK weren't big on soda and preferred to drink wine and beer over it
What kind of retarded statement is this? We don't drink beer here in Germany instead of soda. Do you think we are drunk around the clock? Seriously, you North Americans always have such fucked up views about Europe it's not funny.

Coke owns dr pepper silly sweedy.

Doesn't Coca Cola own Dr Pepper?

Actually there is Dr. Pepper in Europe. I have it at the grocery stores nearby and at the vending machines at work and surprisingly people drink it pretty often.

This. Fucking this. Only this.

I have a theory about why black kids are more athletic than white kids:

black kids grow up drinking kool aid, which is flavored water with sugar

white kids grow up drinking soda, which is water, corn syrup, sodium, sugar, and other bullshit

It's a thousand times better than shitty Coke or Pepsi.

>Being so poor you can't afford sweet treats and have to claim you only drink water as a point of health
I bet you never eat cake or cookies because "those are unhealthy as well"

Except it isn't. Maybe it's for gays, idk, tell me

Actually i exaggerated with soft drinks and fucked up my stomach and now i can't eat spicy foods or foods that are hard on the stomach. Feels bad man.

Actually we pretty much do that here in Franconia. Beer with your lunch is pretty usual, used to be even more common a few decades ago.

Poor people drink fucktons of soda man.

I will take a large 1 combo, a large 2 combo, and a large 3 combo.

Oh, and a diet coke please.

Dr Pepper is fucking delicious I heard that in Texas at football games during the winter they will drink Dr Pepper heated up, always wanted to try it, anyone know if it's any good?

or maybe its just because blacks are physically superior.

Irn-Bru.

Because it entered the market too late and it had to compete against either extremely powerful global brands or against local ones that catered to the local tastes.
So yes, it was marketing, what else would it be?

I took huperzine-A last night and had a crazy lucid dream about being in a cherry coke factory

No i dont eat cake or cookies either, the law firm i work at has a fridge full of every kind of soda you can imagine and there are treats like cake and cookies at least 3 times a week. I just care about my health ya know?

>Defending drinking liquid sugar

Want to know why your obese?

>I bet you never eat cake or cookies because "those are unhealthy as well"

Average Amerifat diet advice,

It's fucking disguting desu.

Son of a bitch, I wish I could fucking find that.

I can only find Big Red, and it tastes like shit

I actually get sick for eating stuff that's too sugary. I prefer my sugar intake through berries and fruits and through that I never even have cravings for sugary juices.

Others can enjoy that addicting shit all they want and cloud their heads, but I prefer my life at minimum sugar intake

Well before the Cold War.
Since WW2, as a reward they were able to soak up the nazi drink of choice Fanta

I have fallen in love with the usa, you guys have _everything_

Is this really a thing?

I thought this was just a giant meme?

Dr Pepper rare in Sweden? Wtf are you on about Mohammed? Unless you live in like JukkasjÀrvi you'll find Dr Pepper in any store and gas station. Trust me, I've travelled all across the country and in a Dr Pepper fetishist

Actually sounds decent

>Dr Pepper is sold in moderate amounts in the UK
>UK is in Europe for the time being
>It has since been bought by Coca Cola?
>He thinks Pepsi could beat anything?

What the fuck are you on about? Stupid Swedish cunt.

I got 44 oz of doctor pepper for 89 cents

Dude, I just bought many cans of Dr Pepper even at the little bus station news stand on the streets of Vilnius in Lithuania. It was canned in Warsaw. So it "made it" at least in Poland and the Baltics, I guess... BTW, it tasted just like Dr Pepper in Texas. Legit.