What's your onion on the Multiversity?

What's your onion on the Multiversity?

3deep5me.

>OP here

I REALLY liked Doc Fate's Earth, and wans a World's finest with him and sweater vest Pratt

I lose some of the details, but loved the individual stories

I expected it to be better.

i loved it, especially Thunderworld and the idea behind Ultra, never before has a comic scared me like that

threads were better than the stories

All the different Pax storytimes were amazing

First time i've bought floppies in years

Yeah but thanks to Ultra I consider the threads part of the story

i missed the threads, how did people reacted to Ultra comics?

Red onion on a burger, preferably

Pretty good. I love the multiverse and I wish more people worked on it. There's so much potential here, but it seems like Morrisons's the only one who cares about this.

>onion

I'm fucking dead

It was really cool for the most part but the nazi issue kind of irked me...

>muh safespace

Pretty much. I was hoping that at least one of the Rebirth ongoings would actually focus on one of the new Earths.

You mean you're a newfag not that you missed them

Why though? It was basically Red Son meets WHTMOT

Your mum is safespace. I didn't like issue because I thought it was the weakest one storywise and because certain things were done in poor taste, like the "Arbeit macht frei" sign. It could have been and has been done better.

Or maybe i simply wasn't paying attention to the threads? Maybe i only started catching up later? No need to have a brain fart there user

It's okay if you're a newfag. No need to get so defensive

if you think so them its pointless to argue

>muh safe space

The Just Rebirth when?

Hopefully never.

>Onion has layers
>Multiversity has layers
>There are layers between the fictional world and ours that the Gentry breached to fuck the comic world and the Justice Incarnate breached to fuck us up.

OP Planned this.

Is OP trying to imply that Morrison is an ogre?

remember reading a comics with that title where it happened in an utopian future where superheroes where treated like celebrities and they were the children of the regular heroes, like Batman was Damian Wayne, Superman was Kon-el, etc except for the Atom who was still Ray Palmer for some reason

this one?

Well he IS scottish

Yep it's this one, thanks user.

>JUST
Pretty apt, given what the Gentry do.

I think you guys are onto something.

I still don't really get Pax Americana. I've seen people's explanations of it, and they make sense, but I'm still not really sure how I was suppose to go from what we got to:

>the president was going to have the atom resurrect him Jesus style

I guess the Gentry stopped the plan by getting the scientists to get rid of the Captain Atom, and Captain Atom just let them because he was an even worse Dr. Manhattan? But what was the guy who killed Nora O'Rourke? And why? Based on the metal arms, he seems to show up in other parts in the story (kills the scientists who killed Captain Atom and interrogates Peacemaker, but I don't think we ever get a shot of his face.

And checking again, his metal arms seem different than Nora's murderer. The murderer pretty clearly has sleek robot arms, while the guy who kills the scientists and interrogates Peacemaker seems to have arms like Colossus and can turn the metal on and off. Of course, going back makes the President's plan easier to see on the page. I should probably just reread all of Multiversity.

Anyway, Pax had A+ paneling.

Go to the bridge scene. Captain Atom says that he knows that the scientists can't kill him. Harley probably knows the machinations of the Gentry along with their eventual failure as well, although it's not essential information to know on Harley's part. If Captain Atom is to be believed, sometime after the events of Pax Americana the resurrection will occur.

Alternatively, another interpretation is that Captain Atom is affected by the Gentry upon reading Ultra Comics before his black hole assassination. Given that he's somewhat atemporal, a case could be made that the gentrified Captain Atom planted the algorithm 8 in young Harley's mind, knowing that Harley will want to get assassinated. Nora discovers the truth of algorithm 8, that it was a lie all along, and has to be silenced.

I believe Morrison stated in interviews that Captain Atom did in fact come back to resurrect Harley, so the first reading is probably what he intended.

There are two guys with metal arms, one you see interrogating Peacemaker, which is Sarge Steel. The guy assassinating Nora has two metal arms instead of Sarge's one, so people have speculated that he's Iron Arms, another Charlton character. The point is that both these guys probably work with VP Eden against Harley.