Homestuck

Why couldn't the trolls look like this instead?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ptSacF8xb8k
kickstarter.com/projects/14293468/homestuck-adventure-game/posts/1453119
reddit.com/r/homestuck/comments/4huyx6/tensei_is_up_to_something/
reddit.com/r/homestuck/comments/4g5mc8/volume_10_news_from_rj/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If Karkat looked like that no one would ship davekat.

I fail to see how that's a bad thing

CRAB PEOPLE CRAB PEOPLE.

But would Dave still be into Karkat?

Probably.

You are now imagining the Penis Ouija scene with this design.

When will we get word from the Huss again, or is he lost to the void forever?

He probably doesn't want to/doesn't know how to talk to us after so many people found that ending to be incredibly disappointing.

>Trolls with big heads
> Humans with small heads
Human manlets

That's a big Karkat.

Honestly, when I read shit like this the whole situation with Hiveswap boggles my mind. He HAD to know that making games is no laughing matter and that even if he wasnt woking on stuff himself, managing a team of people to make it for him would still be a huge time sink, especially if he was planning on doing all the writing himself.
Was this just incompetence mingled with a naive childhood dream to make a video game, or was he already getting fed up with homestuck at this stage and wanted an excuse to work on something else, or just an insecure jew grab because he thought homestuck's popularity was at a peaking point it would never reach again? (And funnily enough this ended up being a self-fulfilling prophecy)

Im boggled at how incompetent the devs are. 99% of sources still say that Hiveswap is a 3D game

So I'm at act 6, and we've just pulled a Stone Ocean or some shit because the protags are all kid versions of the parents now for some reason

But screw that, here's what I wanna ask

Does Roxy being obsessed with Wizards means that Rose's whole thing about her mother loving wizards "ironically" just to spite her was all nonsense?

Everything about Rose's mom doing things to spite her ended up being bullshit. She was genuine.

Well the Hiveswap page itself says it's a 3D game

The official fucking trailer says it's a 3D game

Which is a shame I FUCKING LIKE THE 3D aspect because it looks and sounds like Luigi's mansion, but if it ain't 3D anymore you should FUCKING LET PEOPLE KNOW

youtube.com/watch?v=ptSacF8xb8k

I got a feeling

Grr, angry at Rose. Very angry at Rose. Roxy seems like a sweet person

Does anyone have [S] Collide's soundtrack in WAV or FLAC format?

Why does it seem Hussie has become some absurd internet aristocrat, unwilling to engage with the unwashed masses about the progress of his game?

Like jesus fucking christ dude at least have the dignity to take the old trailer down

I can't tell if he's being flippant or if the man is just depressed or something.

Do you think the aspects the players had influenced how their new world/universe they ruled over turned out?

That's the Strilonde divide. Dave idolises his Bro to be the pinnacle of coolness and totally awesome in every way, but really he's kind of a weirdo fetishist who maintains a dangerous neglectful household and does everything facetiously. Rose hates her Mom and assumes everything she does is some kind of ploy to make her feel bad/worthless, really she cares deeply and honestly for her daughter but is a little distant, so uses her insane wealth to show love and try to enhance every aspect of Rose's life with grand loving gestures.

I think he's overwhelmed and scared right now. Game project was a failure and even if the product turns out good most people will have lost interest by 2018 or whenever, people didn't like his ending, he's trying to work on the game but realizes now that he'll have to do an epilogue in an attempt to fix the ending, etc. Hussie's in a bad place.

DEAR TOBY

I WROTE YOU BUT YOU STILL AIN'T CALLING

I LEFT MY FACEBOOK, AIM, AND PESKERLOG AT THE BOTTOM

I SENT YOU TWO MUSIC REQUESTS BACK IN MARCH, YOU MUST NOT HAVE GOT EM

THERE PROBABLY WAS A PROBLEM AT THE STEAM PAGE OR SOMETHING

SOMETIMES I MAKE MY STORY TOO SLOPPY WHEN I PLOT EM BUT FUCK IT WHAT'S BEEN UP MAN HOW'S YOUR WAIFU?

What's the most up to date release date given for Trashswap?

>Keep an eye out here for developments. There should be plenty of other news in coming months too.

Almost a month and not a peep from the guy, in fact he's gone backwards and erased all internet presence. It burts.

Do you think he might be gearing up to cancel the game and then leave his internet persona behind forever?

>hussie steals the money to create a 1:1 replica of the felt mansion to trap Ryan north in
I fucking knew it

The Kickstarter update on Christmas

kickstarter.com/projects/14293468/homestuck-adventure-game/posts/1453119

what are the odds vriska will appear in hiveswap?

Well if Homestuck 2.0 is really trying to be sold to the mainstream media, you don't want a bunch of easily googleable dirt on you sitting around, or a reputation as a snarky jackass who tells his fans where to shove it. So I think he strategically scrubbed himself out of the public eye to assist Dante's purposes. But it will work in his own favour too for if everything goes tits up or he just gets bored, he can maintain the silence and easily never come back. I mean it's clear that the majority of the work on Hiveswap is being done without him, as long as the KS/merch money keeps feeding it he doesn't have to interact with his own brand in any form at this point. How/where is anyone going to harass him to give us the epilogue? The majority of the fanbase already moved on, the 4ums got nuked from orbit, what's left of us is fragmented and disincentivised to care. MSPA can fade away into the vaccuum of the internet along with such classics as Applegeeks and Mac Hall.

>Act 7 was 24 days ago
It feels like it was just yesterday. The disappointment is still completely fresh in my mind.
On the plus side, 6/12 is a mere 36 days away from now.

What do you guys think will happen if (*when) the epilogue doesn't drop on that date?
Is what's left of the fanbase going to be cut in half again?

>>Also, while it may seem like a shame to let go of the 3D assets that were made during the previous iteration, I would point out that over the last year we have actually stockpiled a massive amount of incredible 2D art assets that are still perfectly usable, and will still make it into the game. So we aren't missing that much of a beat, aside from the last few months of reorganization.
>> Below is a pretty decent sampling of the great art we've accumulated. It's just the tip of the iceberg, really.

This is fucking pathetic

AND BEHOLD

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

THE PROOF OF CONCEPT YOU KEK- ER, KICKSTARTER BACKERS GOT FOR YOUR MILLIONS OF DOLLARS

SUCK IT DOWN

Honestly if it wasn't for sticking around to see newreader lose all hope I never would have assumed we'd get anything on 6-13. That final edit felt more like a fuck you than sincere gesture

shes gonna be the main character dude lets be honest with ourselves

He'll probably make a newspost announcing a shirt sale and nothing else.

Actually that reminds me, the shirt contest going on ends in 6 days. He might make a post then.

Jeez, this Hussie guy sounds like a total jew

Oh hey look, it's Dirk.

Here's Dave and Karkat too.

And here's Eridan.

TLDR: Rose is a fucking cunt, Dirk needs to stop being so ironic

You know, considering he already put in typing quirks, why didn't he just have Dirk "talk" "like" "this" "in" "quotation" "marks?"

John: does this mean we're not going to fuck?

Why are you doing this

>john shares jades need to breed and it only triggers in times of emotional distress
>death of mom
>death of rose
>going stir crazy from 3 years
>getting fed up with terezi's prank list
>beating up caliborn
It all fits

That sounds like a massive pain to write
Even more than Terezi

DIRK: user we dont have fuckin "quirks" we are just human beings

Do you hate diversity or something, shitlord?

Music team members on Leddit are basically pinning down 6/12 as the day that Volume 10 drops, so there's at least that and a potential Newspost alongside that to hope for.

You aren't even the real dirk shut the fuck up

meant

I can at least recognize the one on the right as a badly dressed Karcuck.

sauce?

DIRK: "user", "we" "don't" "have" "fucking" "quirks". "We" "are" "just" "human" "beings".

I don't think the 6/12 is confirmed yet for anything but Stuckhome v2

So when john went back with his retcon powers did he actually rework the alpha timeline keeping all his friends the 'same' or did his powers create a new alpha time branch, rendering himself in the same position as DS?

>did his powers create a new alpha time branch, rendering himself in the same position as DS?
This one.

The latter.
With the retcon, the cast split off into two groups:
-The entire Game Over (pre-retcon) cast, all of which died except GO John and GO Roxy.
-The entire post-retcon cast, all of which survived except retcon John and retcon Roxy, who died and were replaced by GO John and GO Roxy.

Which is incredibly fucked up.
But hey, this is Homestuck, horrifying implications get swept under the rug by the dozens. None of this will ever be brought up seriously because ~ultimate self~.

Are you sure? John is quite big

It's a new alpha but the old one still exists

Doesn't "Ultimate Self" fly in the face of (Vriska) and Davesprite?

I just realized that the whole Ultimate Self thing is the reason why Ms. Paint got with A1 Jack right after Spades Slick died. I fucking hate this ending so much.

Fuck mourning when you've got someone else who looks just like your dead boyfriend.

Reminder that Homestuck is a comic about not dealing with your problems, not dealing with loss, and not growing up.

It's a reverse coming of age story.

#wow #woah #sodeep

Sauce:

reddit.com/r/homestuck/comments/4huyx6/tensei_is_up_to_something/

Sauce II:

reddit.com/r/homestuck/comments/4g5mc8/volume_10_news_from_rj/

It's not much to go off, but it's something.

>Homestuck was pandering to my age regression fetish this entire time

Bravo, Hussie.

Man that's some fucked up shit like, yeah they are fundamentally the same person but shit they were fucking dead and gone and yet here they are fucking your grandson/daughter/mom/nephew

That ultimate self shit raises way more fucking questions than it even tried to answer.
Shit what question was it even trying to resolve? Why DS didn't want to kill himself?

No, it was a coming of age story for John. In the end John's maturity contrasted with how little had the rest of the characters had developed.

>people think hussie will come out of his cave to announce vol 10 even if it comes out

all communication regarding vol 10 was done via what pumpkin, hussie himself no longer manages anything homestuck-related

Roxy developed

And uh,

Well that's about it really

They just left the other Roxy's body there on Derse, which is even weirder.

Well Jane learned the importance of uh
Jake got some uh
Dave is gay maybe
Rose spat in gods eye and god blinked
Jade had fun making the frogs?

Yeah, Roxys "plot" was nice
kinda like her ass

The fact that Dave never addressed the whole sword thing or even actually did anything like bury bro when he had the chance really irks me

Did anyone actually do an acrobatic pirroute off of something

HODOR

Dave did back in 5.2.

Dirk was alright, being a shitty friend and having Dave tell him exactly what sort of asshole he can potentially become, causing Dirk to pledge he won't turn out that way.

The old alpha was abandoned for the trip to the new one but ultimately the whole "retcon" seems like a giant predestined event so the "new" alpha timeline may as well have been the alpha the entire time along with the old one. The surrogate universe even when out of the way to kill of that universe's Roxy and John for the new ones.

dave does it off bros sword

character development among the kids was kind of uneven

dave learnt to be hero and acknowledge bro's shit and the pressure it put on him
dirk realized he was being a fuckwad towards jake

john became a strong and responsable young man
jake was bullied, beat up time traveling leprechauns, and knocked their leader out

rose got a gf, talked to a teen version of her mom, and had someone solve her alcoholism for her
roxy stopped drinking all by herself and brought her skelly bff back to life

jade was told she was meant to be lonely and unimportant and then she got punched
jane [LAUGH_TRACK.wav]

the fuck is a stuckhome

the BETA

IT'S HERE?

quick hsg I need a bunch of viable fan kid names

CHECK YOUR EMAILS

>Karkat will never wear a page outfit

how hard is finding names with four letters

Dude Goodguy
Did the beta actually happen?

Jane decided Jake wasn't worth obsessing over and learned some perspective from her sprite self, that's about it.

I don't get why Hussie had to make the retcon a meta thing when he could have just done it the regular way
Like modifying Act 5/6's pages to add Vriska back, making a newspost about it like "sorry guys i didn't like the way the story was going" and bam, done
Instead he had to make it an in-story thing and soil the pre-Act 6 comic with arms and oil splotches and passwords
Introduce a power that raised too many questions
PLUS kill off the entire main cast, make it clear that they're ghosts forever and the copies replacing them are not them
And then pretend these copies goofed off and had a happy ending and lol who cares about the others
Did he mean to piss us off on purpose??

Did Caliope get more development than jade even?

Bill goalend
Nina korbison
Olga drumse
Josh grimby

OH SHIT TURN ON YOUR TVS
HUSSIE'S A FUCKING MADMAN

>WHAT'S BEEN UP MAN HOW'S YOUR WAIFU?

should be 'HOW'S YOUR MONEY' cuz toby is sure as hell rolling in it

Eric Evenson