Worldwide Box Office $105,956,739

Worldwide Box Office $105,956,739
Production Budget: $144,000,000

>How does this make you feel?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6ZrsJsvL30g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

t-there's still time for it to break even!

anyone have the fixed trailer

I still don't understand how movies cost that much. Just...how?

Beause woman don't get paid as much as men for the exact same work, you mysogynist pig sexist white cis male scum hetero-normative transphobic black lives matter

It makes me feel real fucking good.

like an idiot
i;ve been shitting on this movie, praying to kek that it would bomb and it didnt happen
i feel so helpless right now
i guess wasting time being racist and politcally incorrect didnt help me one bit but even further my depression.

Because they don't actually cost that much. It's highly inflated for tax reasons and to minimize payment on anyone making an after-profit cut (most aren't stupid enough to contract for this anymore though, since "hollywood accounting" is notorious).

This movie made people money, just not on paper. It's still a win for them.

And it's a loss for the dignity of the internet anti-feminist crowd (Sargon, etc) and the tumblr crowd, who both take up pop culture media as their cause celebre while the west burns.

Do any of the women get friendly with men in the movie?

If not, that is one problem with pop grrrl power movies.

It doesn't matter if they are fugly. It only matters that at least one of them, other than the nerd or the nigger, gets some man time.

It's like the Illuminati wants us all to stop breeding or something.

Tell Hollywood to put some "Female Lead shows interest in a man" scenes in modern movies and watch how they Jew their way out of it.

Boycott all movies and TV!

It is bombing. Did you not read the OP? They might not break even on the costs of making the movie.

Don't worry mate, you are an idiot! The production budget was actually less than the advertising and products - breakeven point is estimated around $300 mil.

TFW no China release

Everything about this, from the decision to make it all women with the knowledge that neckbeards would react exactly as they did, to the articles talking about its success or failure, and the reviews ad articles about the reviews, is all a manufactured controversy. It's clickbait. Everyone's getting paid, you're doing their work for them. Stop caring about this bullshit, it's literally Kardashian-tier.

Ghostbusters will probably make back their budget (or get close), but it won't make tons of profits.

It makes me feel good that it flopped worldwide, how else would anyone feel?

happy and warm inside

If you've watched ANY TV or looked at ANY social media platforms you can tell their advertising budget was enormous. This movie is tanking so hard.

Nobody has commented on my paint art work :/

I see nothing unusual there. Did you add some hidden jew silhouette in the backround or something, fäm?

Happy.

By the way I keep trying to get through the original ghostbusters again and I find myself turning it off after 30 minutes tops. It's strange because I actually love 80s movies in general.

Has it not aged well?

They fucked up hard.
Makes me happy to see that dumb bitch rage on twitter.

Because actors/actresses get paid an obscene amount. Also the directors and everyone else's on set salary. And CGI costs a lot.

lol studios only get about half to 60% of the overall gross, so it would have to make twice its budget to break even

>Still needs 400 million to break even

lefties take a bath on pushing their agenda all the fucking time.

they'll be happy to turn this mess into a franchise if it comes close to or breaks even. they already planned on doing it regardless.

Makes me seriously wonder what tard took a 144 million dollar bet

I don't understand how anyone lost dignity over this film, barring McCarthy, etc. It's a shit film that made shit returns. It has taken it two weeks to *barely come close* to breaking even. I would tout that other 'blockbusters' have no trouble making well beyond their costs on the first weekend after release.

(((Who))) indeed

>Movies usually make around 50% of the its total gross in the first week
>Two weeks have passed and probably cant even break even
oh im laffin

long live nigress rip

Don't forget the blonde one is an edgy lesbian!

I really would have liked to be in the room when Diversity Busters got green lit, just to listen to the insanity of how it made any fiscal sense.

I love Haram-bae :D

>CGI
they have crappy CGI
>kek

Their budget including marketing is probably pushing $300 million+

And that's not even taking into account their marketing budget.

so are you saying we should only hire women to produce cheap movies?

pretty good. desu.

if they willing to throw money down the drain why not reboot Starship Troopers?? and make a sequel to Dredd.

is it something obvious that you don't actually see until you know about it?
i hate those

When too account for royalties and advertisements it's about a 200 million dollar loss lol

Not to mention opportunity cost and damage to the franchise value

You spend your time talking about ghostbusters. A children's movie. It's the exact same problem with gamergate.

These losers pick battles where they have legitimate grievances (cultural marxism) but focus it in areas where the general public will either not give a shit, or will countersignal because they subconsciously or consciously default associate the defenders of the product to be weak nerds, and they don't sympathize with them.

Pick better battles. Because all these battles do is cement the (again, legitimate) anti-cultural-marxists in the public eye as basement dweller losers.

It's the difference between some loser dixie-tier wannabe politician making tranny bathrooms the center of his campaign, versus Trump's "lol who gives a shit look at these people dying save the west." Both are right and are likely in full agreement with each other, but Trump understands messaging far better.

We can worry about messaging in kid's movies and the .0001% of the population practicing their fetish in a bathroom when we actually have a society again.

And thats just production budget, add to it the marketing that cost like 100m.

Sony is desperate for a franchise.

No one said it was good.

yes

It cost a lot of money to bring Harambe back from the dead

God that movie was fucking amazing, made the Stallone one look like the shit that it was

Score one for the good guys.

My friend went to this movie and made sure to bring a jug of bleach with him just in case he couldn't stand the movie. Near the end of the movie he could no longer stand it and went to drink the bleach, only to find to his horror the bleach had already drank itself.

Next movie will be without ghosts so it can be released in China

Don't forget the costs for marketing, 144mil is just for production

Even if it breaks even it's still a failure. The time spent making the movie would have been completely wasted. Time is money. Really, it is.

I get your point. Don't climb the molehills before the mountains.
GG. user was a cool guy today.

You paid to make that post.

>Starship Troopers remake
>Dredd sequel
I'd pay good money for either of these

jeez. I always took for granted that any movie could turn a profit on the global market. hence why we have so many terrible movies.

see the /cfg/ threads

>Because they don't actually cost that much. It's highly inflated for tax (((reasons))) and to minimize payment on anyone making an after-profit cut (most aren't stupid enough to contract for this anymore though, since (((hollywood accounting))) is notorious).

ftfy

Do you guys think Paul Feeeg can sleep at night knowing what he's done?

Top fucking kek

no surprised it failed. normies aren't going to actually go spend time/money on something this pandering and contrived, the extent of their involvement will just be virtue signaling on social media
>HURRR MANBABIES GOOBERGROATERS BTFO WOMEN STRONK

>also unsurprisingly funny movie that I'm going to see four more times

Feminist detected

Don't forget the 100-150 million spent on advertising

Don't forget $100000000 for marketing.

youtube.com/watch?v=6ZrsJsvL30g

The chances that they saw it 4 more times is pretty much 0. They just are still trying to convince themselves it was really good/trying to convince others it's worth seeing.

I figure a film like ghostbusters 2016 is one that gets much much worse each time you watch it.

>it's another babby doesn't know that production budget != entire budget episode

It might just happen now that Deadpool took off

>Worldwide Box Office $105,956,739
>Production Budget: $144,000,000

Corrected for paygap(womyn earning 70%):
Actual box office: 15,136,677 Harriet Tubmans (that's 10$, ameritard)
Actual Production cost: 10,080,000 Harriet Tubmans

Actual profit already 5,000,000 Tumbans

Sup Forums BFTO

It smells like napalm in the morning

did we really even need another ghost busters?

ITT idiots that don't realize that the movie will begin making a profit on the DVD release. This movie will be a success. Get over it.

this

Feig said it wouldn't be a success unless it pulled more than $500m in the box office. So don't count on it.

>that hat
need to rewatch this movie soon

Oh really? it was a shit movie and everybody will see that it is.

>milo got banned from twitter over this
>ISIS has an active twitter account
what a time to be alive

Who THE FUCK would buy it on DVD

>Breaking even is a success
Its like I'm really in Sup Forums sales threads

I actually saw some of the movie, its full of product placement. There is an actual full length Papa John Pizza advertisement in the middle of it.
It made its money back before it was even finished.

KEK

Shouldn't you be watching your wife's son while she's with Ja'marcus, Paul?

But how was this movie so expensive to make then? If women get paid less this should have been the cheapest blockbuster ever.

Women being in romantic relationships with men is sexist. It implies that women are only good as objects to satisfy the desires of men.

it's not a good product

they will lose money on it

it still made too much fucking money

YOU ONLY HATE THE NEW TOTAL RECALL MOVIE BECAUSE YOU HATE MARS!!!

Kek

The Production Budger alone was 144 M

The Marketing Budget for it was about 100 M

And thats not including the 100mil they spent on advertising.

Judge Dredd 2: Dreddnaut

Starring: Ryan Reynolds and some alt-left 'woman' that randomly fucks him up his robotic ass like the good goy he is

Underrated as fuck

Actually, you can make a movie for about $100k if you paid talent and art direction (director, music, etc) the same as staff (gaffer, grip, BB).

Which raises the question:
If you're guaranteed to make more from 1 movie (as an actor) than an NFL player will make in their career, why would you ever do more than 1 movie?

You bet your ass the Blair Witch movie will do better than this crap.

Wrong. Look at how hard the entire media empires and even the fucking UN and Google fought against gamergate. If it didn't "made a difference", they would have ignored them. But these hold outs of resistance, even if it's hobbies, matter.

So good. Mediocre movies don't deserve to make money.
If the movie stinks, just don't go!

It's simple why this happened:

You put out an all female cast on a nerdy movie. You turn it into a chick flick. However, most normal girls don't care about Ghostbusters. Most girls have little interest in it.

You alienate men with the unnecessary female cast. Most young dudes never even saw GB. An all male cast maybe would have attracted them because men are funny and relatable to young men.

>tomato sauce on bananas

WAKE ME UP

I think a female cast could of been cool. But they also sort of made it feel like a chick flick for some reason.

I just can't understand what they were thinking. Unless they thought the hardcore feminist demographic was an untapped market for summer blockbusters...

>Worldwide Box Office $105,956,739
>Average ticket $8

>over 13 million people watched this crap.