So how wide an area does a green lantern sector cover

So how wide an area does a green lantern sector cover

Divide the total volume of the universe by 3600, boom, done.

Did that ever made sense. How is a single GL supposed to watch over tens of thousands galaxies?

It's not like the universe is that big.

I always assumed the Green Lantern Corps was confined to the Milky Way. It policing the entire universe is a little silly.

I'm sure its different in the comics but in the cartoon series the Lantern corps are only divided amongst Guardian Space and with only a handful outside of that area. Its not like they watch the whole universe.

Well they are Guardians of the Universe. Makes no sense to just limit to just the Milky Way.

They don't watch over all of it, do they? There are previously uninhabited sectors like the obsidian deeps (where rot lop flan is from) and 3601 that the manhunters took over one time. And at least in GLTAS, most of that took place in "frontier space", where the guardians were still trying to gain a foothold.

They're mostly uninhabited and Lanterns can make wormholes to get from any planet to anywhere to anywhere at the Speed of Plot.

>at the Speed of Plot.

I think sectors were made long ago when the universe was smaller.
I mean it often seems like one sector is usually galaxy or even Star system size
Or at least that is all one GL usually focuses on.

Guardian Space is divided into 3600 sectors. The sectors with higher density of people are smaller. Guardians have shown that what they deemed "there space" isn't all the Universe. There's still large "Wild Space" that they leave unpatrolled. This was plot point for one the GL books, Guy went into uncharted space.

I suppose more specifically how large is the sector earth is in?

I imagine Green Lanterns are only called in for Really Big Shit. They're not going to stop a purse snatcher on Qward or whatever, but if there's like, a Despero or Mongul in the sector, they'll go punch him in the dick.

>Or at least that is all one GL usually focuses on.
Yeah I always wondered about that. Why were the earth lanters just allowed to constantly hang around earth while potential space hitlers run around their sector

Hal got in trouble in the 80s for focusing too much on Earth and telling some aliens that came to ask for help to fuck off, the guardians banned him from earth entirely for a year

I like to think it's been getting smaller over the years as more shit happens on Earth that takes the human GLs' attention away from the other sectors. Eventually it'll just be our solar system and adjacent Lanterns like Arisia will have jurisdiction over most of what used to be 2814.

It really bugs me how "special" Earth is, like, I know the reason, but it's not valid in-universe, why is Earth's the only sector that gets SIX fucking Lanterns?

This is probably a stupid question, but I don't remember seeing a galaxy in any comic I've read.
So, is it confirmed that galaxies exist in the DC universe? Or is their universe just a huge chaotic lump of stars, nebulas and systems.

In DC it's the center of the multiverse.

It is the place where life originated in the universe.

Marvel too. The Nexus of All Realities is in Florida.

That's why Flordia is so crazy.

They don't, they watch like two planets each and let everything else go to hell. Which is why stuff like the Psions' breeding nexuses and the Dominion's everything are allowed to exist.

And why the multiverses best superhero lives there.
FLORIDAMANNNNNN

Not DC but I remember seeing a chart that detailed the relative locations of the Kree, Shi'ar, and Skrulls across the Local Group

The presence of multiple aliens from existing galactic powers, plus multiple aliens representing the last remaining examples of at least two species, constant targeting by hostile extraterrestrial groups, and a penchant for churning out people who violate the laws of physics.

Even in universe, have you seen the sheer amount of shit that goes in there and gets pushed back? Mogul; Darkseid; Starro; the alien alliance including Khundians, Dominators, Thanagarians, Durlans and Psions; Darkseid; Imperiex; Parallax (which gave trouble for even the guardians to contain); Maggedon (that destroyed a world of mega heroes specifically created to stop him); Renegade Kryptonians; the Blackest Night; Darkseid.

And that's just alien bullshit, not counting shit that started on Earth, or magical shit.

Motherfucking Darkseid the New God of evil, a force so powerful the area around New Genesis and Apokolips is out of the Guardians jurisdiction, has come to Earth and been defeated so many times he probably has frequent flyer miles.

A single human keeps the entire planet of Raan safe by himself. A single human was capable of destroying the Green Lantern Corps. Another human brought it back.

Earth has six GLs as an attempt to make connections, because when shit goes down and the corps are not enough they get the Earth Lanterns to call on the Justice League, and to keep on our good side, because if Earth ever gets the technology to be a major player in space they will be able to crush everyone else.

I say Marvel is even worse. At least with DC when shit goes down on Earth its somewhere in the US. With Marvel 99% of the time it's NYC or at least an hour drive from there.

Listing all that stuff doesn't make it more impressive but for every aditional fluff it gets more and more ridiculous.
Just seperate your franchises already