Unpopular opinion thread

good art + bad story > bad art + good story

>Unpopular opinion
literally everyone who saw the secret of kells agrees with you

kells wasn't a bad story, it just barely had a story

Nah

Bad art + Good story is better. I'd rather read a book than stare at art.

so almost entirely Sup Forums

Dunno about that; badly executed comics for example don't really "default" to prose that easily, while even an uninteresting story can become so (to an extent) through a competent enough visual storytelling component. The former requires for the reader to process the material and isolate the usable parts, while the second one can remain worthwhile(ish) on its own merit: which one displays the best or worst -relative- use of the medium?

I feel like this would be proven if someone did a serious study on it. Just look at all the completely brain dead movies released every year. They always make more money than any random "deep" drama.

>random "deep" drama.
How many of them have good stories?
Remember, you said random dramas, not the best of the best

OPM has shit art and a story that keeps people interested (ONE's version, at least)

>bad story
fuck off

But that implies most Bendis comics are good

>unpopular opinion
Everyone who likes anime would agree with you, we just like to see cute girls doing cute things the story don't matter anymore
Go back to Sup Forums retard

I agree. No matter how much people shill "Sweet Tooth". I hate the art and will never finish it.

Of course the best comic have both.

Maybe you should just read books then fag

The OPM webcomic graphic is ugly and it would never be popular in the west with that style.

If Watchmen was drawn like Order of the Stick you wouldn't fucking read it.

Much like that obscure Homestuck thing that never took off.

It's more likely that a badly drawn webcomic gets better art than a badly written webcomic gets better writing. If you fuck up your characters and plot early on you've done fucked up your story forever, unless you do some bullshit and retcon the first few chapters.

3 vocal autists doesn't count. It's shit AND has shit art.

No, thank you.

I have no problem with stick figures, you triple nigger.

But people read Order of the Stick.