What if: The Russos made AoU?

So we all agree that Whedon was a hack and fucked up Age of Ultron.

So let's entertain a thought. Turn the clock back. What would Age of Ultron have been like under the directing of the Russos instead?

Going in with the same basic premise, what would be changed? What would stay the same?

How about not killing Quickslav for one

No Quiptron

It wouldn't have ended with Cap and Tony on good terms.

>The 'romance' between hulk and romanov would be scrapped
>no farm scene
>no cave scene with thor
>thor would receive more screen time
>quicksilver lives
>cap would be more consistent with WS
>team would actually show outrage at tony
>cap and tony leave on bad terms

Do you think they'll have Thor actually be Thor when they direct him?

I think the farm scene was a neat idea and I liked that take on Hawkeye, but what would happen with the team instead? And the cave scene was executive stuff, so either they'd have to figure out a more organic way to tease Ragnarok or it's just be the same shit

Quiptron cranked up to 11.

A day old glitchy mad robot obsessed with evolution, with cat videos and dank memes for parents, that trolls the Avengers with human lives as a distraction while it builds an unstoppable army of new bodies.

Tay meets Skynet. Humanity must be snuffed out to make way for something new. Hitler did nothing wrong.

>So we all agree that Whedon was a hack and fucked up Age of Ultron.

I feel that's giving Whedon a little too much of the credit/blame. Both he and Disney have gone on record as saying that movie was mismanaged to hell and back.

Avengers 2 would be civil war. Cap 3 would be about USAgent as originally intended.

You could probably run a bit of setup in the immediate post-Hydra battle by having him contact Asgard and have some shit go down. You'd need to cut Thor out of most of the party scenes though.

The Russo's would not have Bruce fall face-first into Black Widow's breasts like some fucking anime.

>The 'romance' between hulk and romanov would be scrapped
But that worked well
>no farm scene
Why remove one of the best parts of the movie?
>no cave scene with thor
But that was really funny
>thor would receive more screen time
I'm all for this
>quicksilver lives
Eh, he didn't match up to X-Men's version and speedsters fuck up all stories. Killing him was the right move.
>cap would be more consistent with WS
Didn't really notice that he wasn't beyond not obsessing about "muh Bucky"
>team would actually show outrage at tony
They already did, but expanding on this would be better
>cap and tony leave on bad terms
Nah, at the end of the day Avengers isn't Civil War and it's meant to be a feel good summer heroics movie. There was subtle drift that lead into Civil War for the more astute watchers without making it a downer end for the masses already.

Hi Joss!

Beyond being a little overstuffed and Ultron's motivations being totally muddled I don't really see what everyone's problem with AoU is to be honest.

>Hulk and Widow romance worked well
good one user!

Suicide is painless

Cap 3 wasn't bad, but if you think it was anywhere near AoU's level, there's something seriously wrong with you.

It was sweet and gave those characters a reason to be in the movie, the whole metaphorical monster vs literal monster thing was a neat way to have them bond and the romance also generally tied into the themes of the film well. I don't really get what the issue is.

It brings so many changes

And I can take or leave them if I please

I really liked it. Not saying that it was flawless or without dumb moments, but it was fun.

Could be because I really like Banner in MCU, though.

He was saying the Russos would IMPROVE AoU, dumbfuck

It still would have been bad because Ultron was a bad choice of villain.

I don't think Whedon is a hack.

I mean the guy has made plenty great stuff.

It's funny, 5 years ago I hated him and Sup Forums loved him. Now I think he's okay and Sup Forums thinks he's the worst.

>So we all agree that Whedon was a hack and fucked up Age of Ultron.
No, we are not.
AoU had its share of problems, but still was one of strongest superhero flicks in terms of action and character interaction.

It's odd to me the selective memory involved in being a Whedon fan. Dollhouse and two or three seasons each of Buffy and Angel were pretty awful and people just...poof, forget they ever existed, just 'cause Firefly and Dr. Horrible.

Not serpent society user ?

Ultron would look more like his comic counterpart

Pietro going comatose but not dead.

Widow actually playing with Banner feelings to keep him tamed.

Abomination released.

Hawkeye family assassination.

Not sure if they were intended to be the Cap 3 villains but I'd rather they weren't since half of them are mutants iirc