The H8ful 8ful

>NO ONE COMES UP HERE WITHOUT A DAMN GOOD REASON
What was the reason?

Snow.

You know nothing, Jon Snow.

Sometimes a nigga just gotta get to Red Rock, senpai.

Money, law enforcement, and loyalty to a fellow gangster. Now that I think about it, the gang was the most morally right, but do the ends justify the means? If they were successful I mean.

For whom?

For John Ruth the reason was hanging Domergue.

For Mannix, the reason was that he was the newly appointed sheriff of Red Rock.

For the old dude, it was to find his son.

For Warren, it was to escape southerners who were hunting him down.

For the rest, it was to free Daisy Domergue.

It's a weird tagline for a movie, you have to admit.

What? I'd argue that bringing a criminal to justice is more morally right, regardless of whether or not it's motivated by money.

The Hatful Eight.

Because they all have hats.

Was it gay?

To make a shitty The Great Silence homage.

THE NIGGER IN THE STABLE?

If the story had been told from domergue's gangs perspective instead of starting out with Sam Jackson and Kurt Russel saying how terrible daisy isthey would probably be more sympathetic than the bounty hunters. Instead we just see them kill a ton of innocent people, so they look pretty bad. Saving your sister or friend from being hanged is pretty noble imo.

the destruction of that priceless guitar

It's a respectable thing to do, sure, but the fact remains that they're criminals and more than likely deserved what they got in the end. You don't get a $10,000 bounty on your head on accident.

Fair enough

Why was there a scene of some white boi sucking his BBC again?

To show that blacks are superior to whites in every way.

realism

kek was that what it actually was? aside from the setting, I'm not seeing it. Its been a while since i've watched the great silence tho

It was a fake story.

Warren killed the generals boy but he didn't make him suck his dick. Warren says he had the boy walk in the snow "on the coldest day in wyoming" he says, for about two hours before the boy dropped and asked for a blanket.

Now I don't care who you are you can't walk naked in the snow on the coldest day and not drop for 2 hours.

I haven't heard that comparison made. Tarantino himself said he based it on old episodes of stuff like Bonanza where the main characters would be held hostage and there was a mystery to solve. In fact I actually saw an episode of Big Valley just the other day which was that exact kind of thing, it turned out it was all a big trick to bait out one of the guys who planned the assassination of Lincoln.

You're probably right but the fact remains that Tarantino actually filmed that scene, which makes me raise both my eyebrows, first alternating and then both at once.

I don't think QT wanted anyone in the Hateful Eight to be too sympathetic, that was the point.

A lot of the visual look of the film was borrowed from The Great Silence and The Thing.

>nigger
What did they mean by this?