Daily reminder that Tom King is human garbage as per unanimous Sup Forums decision

Daily reminder that Tom King is human garbage as per unanimous Sup Forums decision.

Daily reminder that OP's gonna get waterboarded Guantanamo.

Just a reminder that King is going to make Batman an intresting hero again. Literally one of the only writers dc has that's worth following.

>as per unanimous Sup Forums decision.
For we are the low, the cursed, the beggar.

I don't understand why Tom King is garbage. More imput please.

Bearing in mind I have read 'Omega Men' (which is depressing as fuck, but it's supposed to be) and 'Vision' but not 'Grayson'.

Is it to do with that?

>I don't understand why Tom King is garbage.
He'll replace Dami with Duke.

I don't know who those people are.

You don't want to see Jorge Jiminez draw shirtless Dami and Jon together?

Do you want to fit in or not kid? Quit asking questions.

>I don't understand why Tom King is garbage. More imput please.

I think the general thesis is that Tom King is knocking it out of the park right now, and soon we'll find something terrible about him and go from worshipping the guy to loathing him.

He isn't. He's doing brilliant work and most reading his works are loving it. But because he's so great there folks on Sup Forums who keep forcing the "Sup Forums wil turn on him" meme. The only person who actually hates him is the autistic damianfag.

>soon we'll find something terrible about him and go from worshipping the guy to loathing him.

By "something terrible" you mean "continues producing high quality work" or "tweets praise for a female creator" or "writes a black character"

OP is fucking with Tom "did I mention I'm ex-CIA" King

He wrote a book where someone said that using Indians as football mascots was wrong, this is the equivalent of molesting 2.5 female staffers.

Tom is a cute

I would give him a slow hug with plenty of warning so I don't accidentally set off his ptsd

>"writes a black character"

tumblr got mad at him for depicting the redskin images.

So is
>Sup Forums will turn on King
just a meme now?

Imagine the meme arrows when he actually does it!

No, it happens to all writers
>Sup Forums loved Slott during Spider Island
>Turned on him during Superior
>Sup Forums loved Synder during Court of Owls
>turned on him during Death of the Family
>Sup Forums loved Hickman Avengers
>turned on him right before Secret Wars
As soon as King does something like have Bruce call out Talia for raping him, or admit to Superman that he needs help locking the Joker in the Phantom Zone Sup Forums will scream he was always a hack and has never been good.

>As soon as King does something like have Bruce call out Talia for raping him, or admit to Superman that he needs help locking the Joker in the Phantom Zone Sup Forums will scream he was always a hack and has never been good.

You realize you are memeing right?

Slott and Hickman were turned on when they started writing poorly

Snyder was generally seen as overrated since day one

>THE TURN

pls no, I love him

A more recent example is Ewing who won over a lot of people with Loki and Mighty Avengers despite Land and now a bunch of characterfags are mad at him because of Maker and Galactus.

You are now reminded of Hallie Berry's Catwoman movie. How does this make you feel user?

Oh, so it's just a meme. Not him but I was wondering why Sup Forums kept on making these threads.

Wasn't there some controversy over him going full SJW?

>>Wasn't there some controversy over him going full SJW?
No. It was just some folks here freaking out over a line he had Grayson use.

I hate Tom King because he called me a jerk for buying groceries when I "could have been overseas fighting those damn Saudis".

Yes it is.

>Sup Forums loved Hickman Avengers
>turned on him right before Secret Wars
Nice revisionist history.

Oh, well.

Grayson has been fantastic from what little I've read of it, the first eight or so issues.

>Bruce call out Talia for raping him
It wasn't rape. And no one turned on Morrison for what he did with Talia's character.

he's good but way overrated on Sup Forums

and he can't ever shut up about being in the cia

Please man, I was in the storytimes where everyone was loving the Bromance between Thor and Hyperion, and when the Illuminati fought the Not Justice League, people fucking loved that shit.
Sup Forums is very weak to Morrison's wizardry so they are willing to turn a blind eye towards him when he does something like that. And it was rape.

We need Bill Wilson to finally make an appearance in a Batman comic.

>people fucking loved that shit
Yeah they did. Liking some moments doesn't mean they loved the whole run. And I'm reffering to far earlier around. But I'm not trying to say people hated his run. There were folks on both sides. I specifically remember this around Infinity where folks would argue over it.

>And it was rape.
No it wasn't.

No one cares

>and he can't ever shut up about being in the cia
Only because literally ever interviewer asks him about it

You cared enough to respond.

He is literally traumatized, no bully

I'm crying

Please don't. I'm sorry.

Alright don't need to ride his dick so hard

Kingfags are the next Morrisonfags. I look forward to laughing at their attempts at explaining the depth of his work and completely unwarranted feelings of superiority they'll feel towards us telling us "you just don't get it because you're not smart enough".

With that said. Grayson is shit. Omega Men is good. The man is overrated. But the worst thing about all of this is how desperate comic book fans are for a good writer. Lemire's "gone" and so is Soule. Comic books are in such a shit state that I don't think there is a single marvelous (and no this isn't a pun) comic book being released right now. Everything is satisfactory at best. This doesn't happen in any other form of art.

>Morrison
>Bad

>"you just don't get it because you're not smart enough".
This was completely accurate with regards to the Futures End issue of Grayson.

What are past marvelous comic books that have been published?

Fuck , king make me feel optimistic about WildStorm in New52

>He'll replace Dami with Duke.
Scott Snyder replace Damien with Duke.

It's a shame that we lost an AFRICAN Batwing just to get more generic black americans.

If you are going dick ride, you do it like a pro or not at all.

He doesn't give a shit about WS. Only Seeley and Orlando care.

Tynion pls go

A lot of people think King was developing the spy world of Grayson. They are wrong

Don't bully PTSD-kun

That's cause Sup Forums collectively refuses to get off of Morrison's dick. definitely the most overrated comic writer.

Snyder was supposed to be the savior of Batman after he wrote the Black Mirror arc, since it was a return to a more low-key detective tone that had been missing during Morrison's tenure.

As soon as he got put on the main book based on the strength of that, he abandoned it to just do Morrison 2.0. That's when people turned on him. He reneged on the promise he had.

This.
King is good but he's already being heavily overrated. There were actually anons trying to say Omega Men was as good as Watchmen. For what it's worth, I think Omega Men and Vision are probably the best cape books to come out of the Big 2 since Dial H, but that says more about the quality of the Big 2 than the quality of the books. And Grayson is indeed shit.
Dial H is probably the most recent one from the Big 2. Prophet is the best mainstream comic book of the decade so far. The Big 2 haven't been putting out a lot of great work recently.

>As a Tom King fan I feel persecuted

Holy shit. Are Kingcucks the new Nightwingfags, where any criticization is basically a personal attack?

>detective tone that had been missing during Morrison's tenure.
Black Glove, Batman and Robin, First arc of Incorporated.

>changes a character to a spy just because he can
>has said character uncharacteristically use a gun because he can

Fuck this guy.

I warned you

I warned you all about THE TURN

It's probably the Graysonfags who've latched onto him. I love all his work but the insecurity is seriously grating

>writers get to chose big character directions

You're a funny guy, user

Didn't read Grayson I see.
His OOC appearances in Detective, Batgirl, and Starfire don't count.

He shot a gun in #8.

If he weren't shirtless all the time and if Midnighter didn't act as Sup Forums's self insert, Sup Forums would literally hate the book.

>it's a "he didn't use his gun" argument

el em eh oh

Here's where you move the goal posts and use the "well he didn't use his gun that much" argument.

>Sup Forums turns on writers for writing bad stories

That was justified and that thing isn't even human.

Sup Forums also loves writers for writing bad stories. See Dark Knight Returns and League of Extaordanry Gentlemen

Using a gun is using a gun. Bruce would slap his shit silly if he found out.

>meet King
>be excited to meet my new favorite writer
>get to the booth and meet this middle aged balding man that can't stop shaking
>he stutters when speaking with a half nervous smile on his face
>tell him I really enjoy his comics because the characters have conflict and they don't just punch different bad guys in the face every arc
>as soon as I say "conflict" his smile disappears and he stares off in the distance
>after I'm done talking there's a solid 2 minutes of silence before he mutters a "y-yeah..." while still staring off in the distance

Well, he literally claims to have been a spy, which is an unfalsifiable claim because no agency actually confirms or denies it, so he's full of shit.

Go throw his name up on the kind of board where people like that actually congregate and they'll sniff his butt to figure out if he's legit. Chances are they're already doing it, because he's a prick.

"be indicted for human trafficking"

The CIA does not confirm or deny the employment or former employment of individuals.

Also, 90% of the people they actually employ are working for a little bit over minimum wage to try and sift data at a desk. So if he did anything for them, 90% chance it wasn't that interesting and he's still a fucking liar.

Hey, I turned on Hickman before Secret Warriors was done. OR DID I? Yes. BUT WAIT I WAS HIM ALL ALONG. No, I wasn't.

Guy's a hack.

which is funny cause that's cause BM was in Detective which is more grounded/gritty stories and Batman is the superhero book.

Because he signed a DC exclusive.

What's the reason for Sup Forums hating King, the writer who did nothing wrong?

Duke is black and he's probably about to get more popular due to writing Batman

New 52 Batman approves of gun-using Jason

He was in the CIA, he must have done some bad things.

That's why New 52 is shit.

But what did he do wrong as a writer?

>And no one turned on Morrison for what he did with Talia's character.

Made her interesting for once?

Incorporated played like a blockbuster action film from the start. Getting into huge fights and chases in exotic locales, crazy villains like Lord Death Man, having sex with Catwoman, etc...

And there was nothing "low-key" about Black Glove either. Perhaps the beginning with the cops, but that's about it. And in BnR, while the whole thing with Sexton/Joker was a mystery, it really wasn't a detective story.

see

He made her pure evil with no nuance.

She was laughably evil and not in a good way

And Damian ?

He's not black so he may as well be 100% white.

fuck off

Cut him some slack. He's a rape survivor, having been repeatedly anally and orally violated by Jerry Sandusky for over twenty five years. That would make anyone a bitch.

So if I understand it correctly. King is a hated writer because the current Robin is going to black.

Sup Forums, you're retarded sometimes.

It's quite unfortunate for King that he's going to have to work with Janin/Finch instead of Capullo, I know that's going to reduce the quality of the book quite a bit.

But I like him more than Snyder so we'll see.

Duke isn't even going to be Robin.

It's just characterfags who are upset that Damian may end up like Tim in a few years.

>The current Robin is like 9.

There was a recent interview where King said Duke was going to be the first Robin to say that Robin doesn't need a Batman.