IM MARY POPPINS YALL

>IM MARY POPPINS YALL

legitimately made me laugh out loud, first time ive laughed during a movie in years

Ego did nothing wrong

Quill did nothing

Raccoon was the only one who did anything wrong

It's the setup that sells it

"Whose Mary Poppins? Is he cool?"
"Uh, yeah, he's pretty cool"

Mantis a cute

>ywn see Yondu help in the fight against Thanos

feels bad man

I was actually surprised by how fucking evil he was. I thought he was just going to be a smug asshole.

>kills hundreds of his own children
>gives Peter's mom cancer, presumably did fucked up shit to all the other mothers
>his plan to make everything "him" would have killed trillions of people
>broke Peter's walkman

All the other villains seem pretty tame by comparison.

he was an atheism 101's view of god just rolling out a perpetual death-and-try-again until a decent son is fit enough.

The plan to make everything "him" was basically "omg patriarchy just splurging everywhere, pure ego opening franchises, pure cancer reproducing" and Quill had to discard his god privilege to save black ladies in other planets because real-fathers-actually-blablabla

>implying he's not being revived

dont worry, good job we have this convieniant super bomb with some batteries taped to it, that should take care of the this planet/celestial.

i wonder how they willl defeat thanos, probably throw a rock in his way so he stubs his toe, and as he falls to the ground iron man says "the bigger you are, the harder you fall" then somone will say it was not the rock that tripped him, he fell by the weight of his own hubris. well played marvel

how?

I DROPPED THE CUBE

>if you kill me you won't be a god anymore!
>the time for white men having power is over! we don't deserve it! this narrative where my father suddenly turned out to be a nazi proves it!

You get a (You) for those digits and a tip of the fedora for your post

I got this reference

Can someone pls explain what the fuck this movie was even about?

I'm usually smart when it comes to complex movies. I understand End of Evangelion for example.

it wasnt very subtle. Plus the blue guy and the racoon were legit more touching in their characters being assholes pushing others

Meanwhile Quill just sat there

I unironically enjoyed the hell out of this movie and the first one. I am not sorry. I liked it. I enjoyed the funeral scene and felt bad

>my boss' wife's son

Dubs don't lie. It was an enjoyable movie.

CAN WE JUST SEE ALL THE CELESTIALS AND OTHER COSMIC ENTITIES ALREADY? TIRED OF WAITING

>t. Tazerface

Kej

Literally the worst part of the movie.

lol, worst part is that it would be so fucking faithful if it went with that.

Quill didn't say it like that. His line was more of a feels moment followed by Yondu's great delivery of the Mary Poppins line.

Its loose jokes like these that make the whole thing enjoyable. I just didn't expect something so stupid to be said by that particular character so it took me by surprise when I lol'd at it.

The five main characters from the first movie represent the five coping mechanisms from the Elizabeth Kubler Ross grief process. Peter Quill tries to diffuse conflicts by making deals so he's "Bargaining", Gamora rejects Peter's romantic advances so she's "Rejection", Drax is obviously "Anger", Rocket Raccoon is "Depression" (something people say in this stage is "I would have died eventually anyway" Rocket says "My species doesn't live that long anyway"), leaving Groot as "Acceptance" since he accepts the sacrifice he makes to save the others without hesitation. Ronan represents Death and the Guardians are how we cope with its inevitability. Other things people do to cope with death is make art, write music, dance and crack jokes which the series is littered with. Ego represents Life as a concept with the only goal of acquiring information and submitting all other life forms to its dominion. Ego is immortal and in this way offers Peter a way to cheat death and side step all of the grief that comes from confronting it. Peter's heroic sacrifice calls to mind Gilgamesh who accepts his own mortality as part of what makes the human experience beautiful.

Get over it.

You were too tricky for your own good, Thanos!

>roll credits

Not even trying to meme, what did she mean by this? Did I miss something that puts context into that line?

>immortal
>dies
pic one, heres a tip its the second one

Anyone else think that Zune product placememt was weird?

Zune is dead. They were beating it mercilessly.

Dubs can lie

If some fuckin dweebs back on earth can do it (see: Daredevil&Iron Fist) then these space motha fuckas gotta have something

Nah, it'll help Microsoft sell millions of them this quarter. They might even beat out the Creative Rio for top MP3 player.

She was just sarcastically telling Gamorra to not make a big deal about saving her life. In terms you would understand, she was being "tsundere".

>Netflix/ABC/Hulu/Freeform marvel tv
>canon

Lel

Amelia...

Do you want to see more of teenage Groot or back to adult Groot?

emotionally manipulative disney shit and I loved it

Teen Groot! Make him super obnoxious and rude!

Soul Gem

>Ego talking to Peter about he can shape his destiny
>"Yes, my son, it's all yours"
>"I'm gonna build some weird shit!"

I fucking lost it

In a loose description, its about family relationships, understanding who you are and being grateful for what you already have.

>OOPS, I DROPPED THE CUBE
>You were too tricky for your own good, Thanos!
>Thanos gets arrested by the police
>roll credits

me too XD

I won't even be mad

Yall do know even without the Gauntlet Thanos is a near unstoppable force who can tank just about anything right. The Guantlet is supposed to be overkill, but Thanos getting to it is what makes the story.

fuck you faggot

You are dumb.

i liked the movie, but sometimes it felt like the writers were just thinking "ok how can we fit a joke into this scene"
i feel like it was a little too try hard when it came to the jokes.
that pacman scene was pretty stupid. Theres a cool fight going on and he turns into pacman? come on, we get it, guardians of the galaxy is cool and funny. just tone it down a tiny bit, youre reaching too much

>Ego did nothing wrong

He murdered Peter's mom. Why didn't he just take her and Peter with him? Simple.

spin off of him as a cree battle slave would be interesting

Adult. Teenage groot was funny. But we dont need more of it.

>atheism 101's view of god just rolling out a perpetual death-and-try-again

Atheists didn't write your retarded Bible.

He had no reason to believe Peter was going to be the single kid that inherited enough of the celestial genes.

He also had other alien bitches to go fuck

But that actually happened. Thanos is obviously feared in the movie universe since all of the aliens call him the most powerful being in the universe, but casuals that make up most of the revenue for Marvel movies don't know that Thanos actually really is an incredibly powerful being and likely won't understand the end of this Infinity saga when he ends up defeating himself.
>an Earth kid from the 80s
>first thing he thinks of is an 800 foot tall Pacman statue
>it's out of place that he turns into Pacman when he realizes how to control the power
Thinking with your heart does crazy things.

He literally explains it in the movie that if he stayed with Peter's mom for any longer, then he'd abandon his purpose just to live with her.

Ego and Yondu were the best part of this. Ego is easily one of the best MCU villains, not that there's much competition, Kurt Russell was great.

why? so they can do literally nothing impressive?

"hurr durr look at my celestial magic, I can make tentacles that die to bullets."

They've teased that we've not seen "final form" Groot, so I'd say we're getting a bit of adult Groot then final form groot in Avengers

I KNOW RIGHT!!!! LIKE OMG LOL XD
I immediately got out my phone and tweeted i'M MERRY POPPINS YALL XD" and like got thousands of RT's on my twitter! XD XD XD

Taserface felt forced but the worst part is easily the intro with le cute dancing babby grott

I'm so glad he'll be back to adulthood in time for the next movie

>lol I have super powers, son
>I too have super powers, father
>epic DBZ fight scene
>with the power of love and friendship, you are defeated father

Yeah, great villain.

The fact that he actually did fucking love her and that his "ego" won out in the end is fucking heartbreaking. Marvel Studios (James Gunn really) actually gave a villain some nuance.

one in a long line of scenes that made me go "yeah I get it"

Damn, an intellectual on Sup Forums...

Empathy puts ego to sleep.

>single kid that inherited enough of the celestial genes

So what? He needs his children on his planet to find out. Instead of leaving potential vital resources scattered around the galaxy, bring them to your planet.

>other alien bitches to go fuck

A god can't master two timing. Ashley Madison, nigga.

>I found love
>but I should kill her because reasons
sad that this passes as nuance for Marvel

He loved a woman but his mission and calling were far more important. He knew this and there was a very brief moment that he actually thought of abandoning eons of planning and seeding for a single Earth woman who he grew fond of. But in the end his ego got the best of him. That's greek tragedy my main man. Simple but gut punching.

>muh mission
wanting to kill all life to reboot the universe because life was disappointing except not really because he found love... yeah, no, it was shitty

I thought it was akin to dying giving birth (or more like from conception/growing inside her, the tumor from the brain creating/processing a celestial kid/seed) so he "killed" her just as Quill "killed" her

If he simply killed her bc he's a meany that's really bad (though the other case isn't that nice either)

Dude, he has been around for millions of years. Of course shit was gonna be disappointing. To him, HE was the height of possibility. Except for that one brief moment with Peter's mom. The only time he ever even placed someone before himself and his insane quest.

>Mr blue sky
>worst part

They actually did it. They actually fucking made a movie about Reddit. No dog whistles, no allusions, just pure straight Reddit pleb shit. Every fucking line is a meme. EVERY SINGLE ONE. There isn't one joke or quote in this movie that wouldn't get you at least 50 upvotes. If you were a Bernie Sanders supporter, this flick is for you. If you own a fedora this flick is for you. If you like taking turns with your girlfriend getting rammed in the ass by imported black cock this flick is for you. If you're a normal fucking person who votes Republican and enjoys films about ideas, characters, and interesting settings this piece of shit flick is not for you and given the fact that there are no movies like that anymore because critics and audiences can't get enough meme superhero space shit you're better off just finding another hobby or killing yourself.
Fuck Reddit, fuck memes, and fuck whoever likes this piece of shit movie

Also the way Yondu said it was so sincere and innocent. He was so happy to be Mary Poppins and thought Peter was looking up to him in that moment. Thinking about it is making me feel.
It was such a genuine moment.

Nigga what the fuck is a Reddit movie and what qualification does it need to be Reddit? At this point it seems people only say that being they are too stupid to come up with a valid response.

Peter not wanting to hurt his feelings or take away that moment from him was great. He let him have it. Pretty great relationship.

I'm a powerful bad guy. The key to conquering the galaxy is within my grasp. Do I fly my spaceship and get it myself? Or will I (Thanos, Ego) sit on my ass and get some shady punk (Loki, black guy, Gomorrah, Nebula, Yondu) to do it and screw everything up?

The song is good, the GCI twig trying too hard to be cute is not. The scene just dragged on, it could have been 2 minutes shorter

It was just a perfect dad moment

>this
He will age more in-between films. When next we see him he'll be a young adult

So Ego's the greatest bad guy anyone in Marvel has ever saved the world, err, galaxy from right?

>would have killed billions, maybe trillions

In the great scheme of things, what are Loki, Ultron, HYDRA to this guy?

No fucking shit idiot. It's exactly what happened in the comics.

>hurr if it happened like it did in the comics it would be so faithful to the comics LOLXD

>implying Sup Forums isn't 100% memes

This.

>Is he cool?
>Yes, he's cool.

People killed by Ego in this movie: 0
People killed by Yondu and Rocket Raccoon in this movie: countless, including themselves

>People killed by Ego in this movie: 0

That's a little bit harsh to people from Missouri

He probably killed some when all the planets started to convert and remember the boneyard of all the offsprings inside the cave.

>in this movie

Is that how you dismiss Peter's mom and hundreds of his brothers and sisters?

>He probably killed some when all the planets started to convert

Everyone in that Dairy Queen and some cops, at the very least

He also confesses to murdering Meredith Quill

and all his alien kids

No, he will be fully grown at least. Guardians 2 is so far the only MCu movie to not take place in current times. It's only a short few months after Guardians 1 and look how much Groot has grown.. His next appearance will be in Infinity War, which takes place at least 4 years after Guardians 2. At this rate he will be full gown by then.

I haven't seen GOG 2 yet

Is it on par with the first movie? Humour wise and all that jazz