For the couple of years Marvel has been introducing new female lead comics and new female characters in general

For the couple of years Marvel has been introducing new female lead comics and new female characters in general.

And yet for some reason they can't help but to writte them as comedic, vapid and almost not important to the rest of the continuity.

They always fight lame villians, the plots involve the characters being fans of each others for some reason and they always make a point about having childish artwork that would work better as a webcomic for FREE.

What compels Marvel to aim so low when it comes to female characters?

Does Marvel has a single female character worthwhile?

Even She-Hulk was turned into a tumblr joke.

...specially since she used to look like this while still being a compelling character.

I didn't know Maisie Williams was in marvel.

strong female characters can't have flaws.
That's why everyone hates Korra because of how many flaws and mistakes she has.

>What compels Marvel to aim so low when it comes to female characters?
I think it's an identity problem.
Marvel only has a couple B/C list non-mutant female characters, which means that those characters don't have a ton of established history. And what history they do have is old, and in the eyes of a lot of current readers/writers, "problematic".
So they're trying to take their characters and fit them into the mold of what vocal "readers" think female characters should be.

What about Captain Marvel or Thor? Or Black Widow?

I think that people hate Korra because she has backwards character development at some point.

She starts learning a lot of shit about being a better person and Avatar and yet she gets emotionally wrecked during most of season 4.

Having your past lives being torn apart from your soul? Fine.

Almost dying by poison in the hands of a guy that you almost kill with your bare hands regardless?

WORSE TRAUMA EVER! not even the Avatar can handle that!!!!

That can't have anything compelling happen to their female characters.

They'd be ripped apart by Twitter and tumblr and whatever for sexism.

Captain Marvel fucking sucks.

They try to create a fake fandom and hype around her by having he be popular in universe, which failed.

Whor was just a bland character.

Black Widow is forgetable as fuck.

Is Maria Hill the most forgotten Marvel character?

Because that's precisely what that audience wants, for whatever reason.

you're changing your argument from OP now.

Cute posters are the worse cancer.

????

They have taken the "quips" of the movie to an extreme to make some sort of quirky based editorial line.

This will sound weird but I think it is in part based on "geek" culture as a whole. Of course this is all my own opinion... The modern day "geek" assigns a great deal of their identity based on their interests. To me their like of their interests are often vapid and egotistical "look at me" type affair. It is kinda like how you can like comics and other things but these people just want to talk about the geeky things over and over again when they may not have the actual interest or enthusiasm behind it.

Of course we shouldn't discriminate against these people but it does open up a pretty bad pandoras box when a large amount of things lose their uniqueness and are essentially the same thing.

Why bother with other genres or interesting stories when you can easily have this pop culture based lingo speak. As if conjuring up the knowledge of Star Wars or Star Trek is somehow interesting and better than something original.

We have become a very pop culture reference based entertainment society. When it doesn't really mean anything to "get a reference" especially when the Internet exists. It is almost like the cliche image of the fat male know it all nerd has now be taken over by quirky popular people who recognise the significance of something without actually probably watching the original source but they know about it".

This is just a couple thoughts. I bear no ill will to these people. Enjoy what you like. But I do think the surrounding culture has an effect. Of course this is just my anecdotal experience of things.

female buyers

I hate this new ''geeky editorial'' that Marvel is going for.

Is just an excuse to have characters make pop culture references, having them talk about cosplay, fan fiction, etc.

Kamala is the worse offender, it baffles me that she has such a following despite being a pretty bland character.

All you can do is support the books that avoid it.

hold on, did i travel back on time?
feel like i have already seen this thread with that same image

I don't know man, this trend seems to have no end in sight

Its the new X-23 as Wolverine title shit?

The argument was all of Marvel's female characters are like THIS and I refuted it he just said they suck.

Fiona is that you?

He does two things, user. He either

1. shitposts in already made gwenpool threads, hoping to generate butthurt
2. creates his own threads with gwenpool as OP to generate butthurt.

Common posts are related to "muh anatomical accuracy" "Muh Gwen Stacy" "Muh cash grab" and "muh comics are a deep and sophisticated artform that should be respected as a medium"

You have. There's this one autistic user with a severe hateboner for Gwenpool who makes constant non-stop Gwenpool threads to remind us how much he hates her, as well as shitposting every Gwenpool thread into oblivion.

If people don't catch the bait then he just makes a new thread.

Carol's current book is pretty good though. KSD's was hot garbage, sure, but Reed's run that preceded it and the current run are both solid. Nothing particularly special, but neither suffers from the same problems that everyone attributes to the character that were all pretty much purely from KSD's run. Her character is also fine in Ultimates and A-force, even if Caldwell draws her with a severe man-jaw in A-Force.

>somebody is talking shit about muh waifu!
>muh paranoid autism is tingling!

Your life = shit.

A-Force just changed artists and it looks like shit.

There is this thing about Marvel having books aimed at a female audience with terrible artwork, I don't get it.

No, a lot of people already noticed, OP. It's the same reason why there's 27 posts yet 14 unique posters.

They suck because most of them are written by women.

Almost dying several times is a fair basis for trauma for anyone. Not really seeing how losing out on the experience of previous avatars is more traumatic than multiple near death experiences.

You sound kind of dopey. Why would you assume that something as abstract as being severed as past lives would be traumatic, and why would you think being MOTHERFUCKING POISONED TO THE BRINK OF DEATH wouldn't be traumatic?

>shitting on Gurihiru

>My fragile ego cannot bear the thought of multiple people disliking shallow cheesecake
>It must be one guy

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

>27 posts yet 14 unique posters.

Sometimes people posts multiple repplies in the same thread.

Shocking, right? Welcome to Sup Forums!

why is she talking off her clothes?

>multiple near death experiences.

You answered your own question right there.

She has been in WORSE scenarios, like the blood bending shit.

Having her get emotionally wrecked because poison is fucking bullshit, specially since she almost killed the guy despite being poisoned.

The whole arc wasn't ''muh poisoned body!!!'' it was ''I almost die!!!!''

Tree of wisdom? More like tree of angsty sue writing.

It's because the culture became trendy and is now being invaded by hipsters, who are demanding that the culture change to suit their tastes.

The good news is that the hipsters will eventually leave, because trends fade.

The bad news is that they'll leave only when they've forced everything to change first, and realize that their changes have killed what they might have originally liked about it.

But we'll rebuild. It'll take time, but once they're gone, things will get better. Just gotta wait it out.

>He thinks they're gonna leave
>Things are gonna go back to the way they were

That's why you got so rustled at being found out, OP.

Female characters are pointless.
When was the last time a female character in comics did anything interesting or noteworthy.

All I can think of is Talia fucking Batman to have Damien, and that was just a setup for him to become the new robin anyway.

This is exactly it.

Like, not even the poison thing specifically. It's just that she spends most of the series repeating the same character development notes over and over.

She might as well be a no-name background character. That's how relevant she is to anything at all.

autism at full power.

Please reply to this post.

>When was the last time a female character in comics did anything interesting or noteworthy.
Valentine's Catwoman run was good
Of course if you get out of the cape ghetto this stops even being an issue

its because she is brown and a muslim. tumblr sjw love that. As a female, I dont go near the comic 100% because she is a muslim since they pushed that so hard as something of value about her. No thanks Kamala.

>tfw Gamora ongoing is still kill
I was gagging for some warrior princess action so bad I actually went and bough the first 6 issues of fucking Angela.
When Gillen was still on it, pre-[OPINONS].

It's just what Shulkie does, okay?

I'M GOING FOR IT
I'M BITING

I don't get it, the better aesthetic and gorgeous body only makes her more compelling, she's not compelling in spite of it.

Calm down mate, there are 3 gwenpool threads in Sup Forums right now, I know you love the artstyle but retain yourself from making more than 1 thread about her

Gwenpool isn't my waifu. Songbird is.

>Your life = shit.
Coming from a chronic shitposter, that's rich.

He only made 2 of them.

What is Sup Forums opinion on Storm ?
Is she a strong independent black women that doesnt need no Wakandan man ?

I didn't say they're gonna go back to the way they were. They won't.

I just said things will get better.

>realize that their changes have killed what they might have originally liked about it
This.

It's why SJWs are never content and want more and more media to cater to them. If they want to be a part of it, it has to be on their terms, dammit, or they're being oppressed, so they sanitize everything they touch.
But the "problematic" elements are what attracted them in the first place, trying to not offend anyone and prioritizing a "positive" message over quality KILLS creativity, removes stakes from a story and limits what writers/artists can and can't do.
So now that they took all the bite out of the comic/game/movie, it's just not interesting anymore, so they move on to the next while trying to defend their now lame and bland piece of shit as an accomplishment, or make excuses to hate it.

Female heroes are just so cute and quirky! Which is good, it protects them from ever being held accountable for anything.
Even when they are killing men in the hundreds, you can't take them seriously for even a second. They're just too darn cuddly-wuddly and silly. Hah, women. Always with the pink clothes, funny reddit memes and their fangirling, it's so adorably non-threatening and endearing.

I guess they're called the weaker sex for a reason. So cute and infantile!

I think that the ''fangirl'' angle is what bothers me the most.

Like why waste time developing a character when you can have her like whatever the hell geeky dudes like, comics, fan fiction, not drinking, etc.

I honestly hate so many female super books having the same cutesy art style. Its just opens it up to ppl not writing interesting stories for them and just safe boring stories like op said.
Just look at Hellcat. Her writer refused to use avillian because he raped somebody. Like Jesus fuck that's what villians do. And she writes Patsy like she's 15 instead of the grown woman she is.

>current year
>reading Marvel

>And yet for some reason they can't help but to writte them as comedic, vapid and almost not important to the rest of the continuity.

You mean just like in real life? Glad Marvel finally started to get realistic and is moving away from the SJW nonsense.

Oh fuck off! There is nothing realistic about any of this shit, if anything it reads like ''first world problems, the comic!'' which is even worse

>having childish artwork that would work better as a webcomic for FREE
That's one real shitty opinion if you are talking about the art of Gwenpool

>There is nothing realistic about any of this shit, if anything it reads like ''first world problems, the comic

So it's very fitting.

user, in your own words, what exactly do you expect from female writers who are proud of being womanchildren caught in eternal adolescence?

I meant the fact that women are dumb and unimportant, but okay.

Part of me has this feeling that out there, some excutive is laughing at how much this infantilizing shit is being laped up by people and how writers and audience alike don't understand how patronizing it is.

And by infantlizing what I mean is: so many of these characters now act like the mirror to the cliche millenial stereotype that it is fucking hilarious.

I babysit the girls at works kids all the time and that's exactly the kinda stuff we talk about. Except the squirrel girl part, I get them good comic books

Korra is TOO flawed though, and never learns from her mistakes.

Maybe bcuz all their books are comedic

OP why do you persist in responding to yourself?

Not OP

>women are dumb and unimportant

You have a mom, idiot, without her you wouldn't be here shitposting.

When she dies, think about how dumb and unimportant she was for you.

They diversify their casts, but not their creators. These characters are still written mostly by white straight guys.

not the same guy, stupid retard.

Because women don't like reading non-comedic and vapid storylines.

These books aren't that successful

She's so forgotten that even tumblr barely even gives a halfhearted fuck she was whitewashed for the MCU.

Kamala's Miss Marvel run is leading digital sales

Ok OP

I hope you like it because female-driven society is already starting to result in the total infantilism of women until acting 12 is the norm.

Mediocre numbers still.

You are real bad at this
I really don't care either way

It's just the newest meme. everyone is OP now

I hate teenagers.

What you don't know is that waifu fags are doing this delusional thing about going on threads that are hating on their waifus by calling every single detractor ''OP'' and ''You make this thread every day!''

Is like they try to pretend that just one person hates shitty characters like Squirrel Girl, Gwenpool or Whor

Nice try, OP.

You clearly made this and every thread bashing Gwenpool, EVER.

But why would he do that to me? I love Gwenpool.
You didn't capitalize the first (You)

>comic books shouldn't be comedic

into the trash it goes

No you idiot, is more like

>Comic book is aimed at a female audience
>It has to be comedic vapid shit by default

Most of them don't seem to be very heroic. They can do heroic stuff but they seemed motivated by petty or personal bullshit most of the time.

Still the GOAT. I just hope they don't meme her up when the Thunderbolts movie is announced like they did with the GotG

I'm glad someone explained this was a particularly bad troll

>are you a wizard

>What you don't know is that waifu fags are doing this delusional thing about going on threads that are hating on their waifus by calling every single detractor ''OP'' and ''You make this thread every day!''

You mean you're the one who made those posts since you said Gwenpool is your waifu in another thread?

>For the couple of years Marvel has been introducing new female lead comics and new female characters in general.
>And yet for some reason they can't help but to writte them as comedic, vapid and almost not important to the rest of the continuity.
>They always fight lame villians, the plots involve the characters being fans of each others for some reason and they always make a point about having childish artwork that would work better as a webcomic for FREE.
>What compels Marvel to aim so low when it comes to female characters?
They're trying to pander to tumblr but every cell in their bodies knows better and is fighting against it. That's why it's all dog shit, deep down the people working at Mahvel know it can't be good.