What is happening with Bill Burr's life recently, unrelated to interpersonal relationships?

I heard he's been having some mixed reactions from audiences, specifically in regards to his career as a comedian, actor and voice over actor.

I'd like to expand on that topic, and solely discuss issues that are directly related to his career.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s6rS5seKj9c
youtube.com/watch?v=3VdNNO5Xm3k&feature=youtu.be&t=1792
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I enjoyed his latest special on Netflix, desu

but it was total shit

What's happened is the audience for comedy has changed and his shit hasn't changed with it.

As it is now, he can't perform on any college campuses. He can't do big media. He can't just go out and perform in front of a crowd that doesn't know who he is already, because he'd bomb because comedy crowds have changed and don't wanna hear his shit.

And that's all he has, he's a painfully limited actor, and his career is basically podcast focused now, which it's going to be a lot of the time for comedians like him, because at least that way they can guarantee the people listening already like them and he can talk all the shit he wants there with impunity.

>What's happened is the audience for comedy has changed and his shit hasn't changed with it.

I think you're really dogging the real issues here. You can beat your drum and say that, but you're just not right. Burr has maintained a connectivity with his audience his whole career. Unlike say, Michael Richards, who went on a tirade against NIGGERS, Bill Burr has kept himself really engaged with the status quo and has never overstepped his boundaries. He isn't out there killing dogs or anything, he's just a regular guy, he likes football and smoking cigars and black lives matter. Bill is the man.

Yes, he can connect with his audience, the one who have already followed him for 10 years. But show his standup to some 20 year old who's never seen him in anything, and they won't connect with it.

He's still going to have a career of course and make money doing what he's doing because his old fans won't leave him. They still like what he has to say. He can't generate new ones though.

>He can't just go out and perform in front of a crowd that doesn't know who he is already, because he'd bomb
Why would he bomb? His comedy isn't that strange or edgy.

His pissed of his old audience in getting whipped by a 5/10 negress and I doubt many millennials get much out of him.
I'd say he's just old, but Carlin got much better with age. His early material was crap.

I never liked his stand-up. I liked his podcast for a bit, now I hate that too. The way he tries so hard to be so nice all the time and positive is fucking irritating.

It's because he started watching anime 2 months ago.

This shit is literally crack for nerds. It's crazy how much it infects people and changes everything about them.

>The way he tries so hard to be so nice all the time and positive is fucking irritating.

lol are you even talking about the same guy anymore? he'll turn asshole at the drop of a hat and call someone out immediately if they are being fake and annoying.

he was an idiot for marrying that bitch but you might have retardation.

Most people these days watch anime casually. Weebs just take it to a new level, but every popular thing has fanatics.

You haven't heard him talk about how he lived on a futon and he realised that he had to stop thinking negatively? He always holds off on people by being self-deprecating but it isn't in a funny way, just a pathetic kind of way

If he get's divorced he will be one of the best comics ever

Do you have any souurces to back up that he gets negative reception? Nothing seems wrong from my view, dont try and force the just meme onto this guy

To be honest I feel the same. It's horrible to say but I think a divorce would elevate his comedy like it did with Louis. But I don't think he's as creative as Louis.

Usually this one is what people reference. His set is great. But the audience reaction sucks ass. It speaks to his talent that he was even able to pull anything out.

youtube.com/watch?v=s6rS5seKj9c

I'm a nerd and the only anime I've ever been able to get into are Death Note and Cowboy Bebop, and FLCL if I'm being generous. I do like Avatar and The Legend of Korra but don't really consider them anime.

>I liked his podcast for a bit, now I hate that too.

There was some really great content on his podcast when he was a more edgy, angry man. Really good stuff. But lately he's really mellowed out, and just isn't as funny anymore. His wife sucks. Bill should have listened to his grandma

Ever since he moved to LA and married the nig-nog, his comedy has become more and more SJW-tier. He fucked himself.

>I'm a nerd
What you mean is "a redditor"

You are not a nerd.

>he's just a regular guy, he likes
>black lives matter.

>5/10

You're generous, user.

Zombies is the right word. This is too much for them? Good god. We need to spread holocaust denial around a little more

>Most people these days watch anime casually
most people don't watch anime faggot

test

>He married a model-like girlfriend

>His latest special was awesome

>He writes for animated comedy show

Y'all just jelly

Japan is an ancient, creative, and intelligent culture. It's no surprise our godless, culturally bankrupt, multiculti shitholes over here in the west produce so much rapt fascination with Japan. God bless the Japanese people.

>To be honest I feel the same. It's horrible to say but I think a divorce would elevate his comedy like it did with Louis. But I don't think he's as creative as Louis.

All he needs to do is fucking be more honest. He's not as clever as Louis CK but he is more naturally funny. He just needs to stop giving a fuck about what he says.

>I think you're really dogging
>beat your drum
>NIGGERS
>He isn't out there killing dogs

>delet all your recordings Bill
>delet all the super bowl recordings
>delet all your shows

What did the lovely Nina mean by this?

He's peaking. That's all that's happening. His career won't go higher from here most likely. So he should cash as many chips as possible before he loses what remains of his edge.

Reaching the peak is bittersweet and fleeting. You can bask in the warmth of your accomplishments, but the side effect is your material will stop being relevant. You will be famous and expectations towards you will change. You're no longer the plucky struggling comedian that happens to be funny. You're a "star" so you must be funny or you suck. Some can stay on that peak for the rest of their lives. Most tumble down the other side.

Athletes are the best visual examples of this.

I saw him live a couple years ago and he was honestly terrible. It was so fucking tame I couldn't believe it. Literally TWO good jokes the entire set. The rest was "What's up with Mondays?" tier

>Athletes are the best visual examples of this.

in school this dumbcunt football player was made school captain cause he was good at football

he asked me for help writing the graduation speech, i gave it to him and he said it was fucking gay

he then read out what i wrote and made everyone cry and say he was a great writer/speaker

i was glad when he busted his knees and never played football, and im glad now hes a regular personal trainer earning regular personal trainer money, with an earning ceiling of sweet fuck all

dont take credit for other peoples work and especially dont call the work fucking gay before you steal it, you dumb cunt

>He's peaking.

He peaked 10 years ago and has already made most of the plummet down into a quiet, rich, unfunny retirement with his hideous and ungrateful shrew of an ape looking wife.

nia is

>48
>ugly
>lazy
>unfunny
>unsuccessful
>horrible person
>black

what was bill thinking?

Remember back when he was funny and he'd rail on successful men for falling sucker for "gold digging whores"? Ironic as hell

he's a seasoned comedic vet who has won over crowds that started out actively heckling and hating him

frankly he didnt put the time in on the last special and it shows

he's spread too thin working on his shitty cartoon and becoming a dad at almost 50 years old

i saw him live a few years ago and he riffed completely off the cuff about some shit that happened to him that day and it was still grade A hilarious. he's off his stand up game because of all the other shit going on

>bill married an ugly nigger when he could have married a qt like this

Bill, kill your dog

>bongiest bong to ever bong

>implying you wouldn't bong her in the bong and bong inside her delicious bong bong

>a qt like this

You mean an inbred like this?

no i wouldn't get the fuck away from me freak

She's male

youtube.com/watch?v=3VdNNO5Xm3k&feature=youtu.be&t=1792

>Valentine's day
> Take Nia out to expensive sushi place
>Colin Farrel walks in
>She stares at him the whole date
>Confront her in the Uber car on the way home
>Get home
>She hits you
>She makes you sleep on the couch

stop being so tsundere

ooh, hot labels

The English are just ugly. Africans and Koreans are usually pretty ugly too, but nobody thinks to call them "inbred." I wonder why that is.

He peaked awhile ago. He's reached a steady state now, but he's not going any higher, and if Netflix keep paying him for specials he can live extremely comfortably.

Unless he gets divorced because his wife will literally rape the shit out of him if that happens.

During O&A he said he was dating a girl who got violent with him easily. We didn't know her name then. But it's not hard to believe now.

I hope he's just trying to get her to admit to hitting him in case the shit hits the fan so he can get custody

An honest, proud, independent woman like Nia?? She would never do that to Bill. How could you even think that.

>he can't do big media
Except he routinely appears as a guest on all the late night shows so you're objectively wrong. He's one of Conan's favorite guests.

i think its hilarious you kids talking shit about bill. You wouldnt say this shit to him after a show, hes jacked. not only that but he wears the freshest clothes, eats at the chillest restaurants and hangs out with the hottest dudes. yall are pathetic lol

>bill mentions prenup
>nia goes "you wouldn't dare get a prenup against me"
>bill goes "as long as I have enough for a sandwich" *chuckles*

What the actual fuck

Pick related The "Guys" having a laugh at all you nerds.

did werewolf kill them

>Update Podcast #9??
>they still dont know I'm a Lycanthrope

Yeah as a guest because he's a comedy friend. Let's see him make a movie where he's the star.

what is it with these threads acting like bill was a god tier comedian, nia showed up a week ago and now he's trash, they've been together long before he did your favourite joke about how shit women are.

the problem is he was partly joking but you take it at face value because you already hated women anyway and think he's /yourguy/

You phrased it in a way that made it sound like his views or his comedy were responsible for him not being able to appear in major media.

He's never been a movie star and he will never be a movie star for a whole host of other reasons that do not include anything that has changed about him in the past 5 years.

I seriously hope she has a life ending heart attack so our guy Bill doesn't have to put up with her shit anymore.

he's been pretty open in the past about not wanting that shit

he liked the role on BB because it didnt require a huge time committment

Weird that she wants him to use roku and delete his recordings when she's the one belittling him for how easy it is to use. I mean it is but maybe he doesn't want to waste his time learning it, so why won't she use roku and he uses his dvr? In the house he paid.

>he can't star in a movie!
>that's why he's not funny
Solid logic there. He's also a bad cook, how am I expected to enjoy his jokes

hey faggot, marriage and a kid means she went from annoying girlfriend to billy's balls in a vice for good.

is it true she used to hang around the one comedy spot due to family connections trying to get her hooks in on any of the promising acts?

Just say that he's not liberal enough for 2017, why are you walking around like a retard.

Everything you've read about her is true. The golden digging, the domestic abuse, the ritual sacrifice, she's done it all.

>FUCKING STRANGLE THAT MUTT I BOUGHT YOU, BILL!
>DO IT NOW!

That's funny, considering his bit with "what is she gonna do if he sleeps in the bed, he's stronger than her, it's his bed, she can go sleep on the couch"

I've been a Burr fan for a long time, but his last special was weak as fuck to me. I don't think it has to do with his woman being black, although I think him being married might have had an impact. Another user suggested that the college kids don't like his views, but he has always been willing to compromise for just below the most extreme liberal audience. I don't wanna say he's one note, maybe he is, but he can tell stories like a pro and you can always find more of those these days.

Personally, I think he's just getting fuckin old, he got married, he's settling down, and all that anger is turning into apathy. Also, he's trying to get more acting gigs, because it's easier work than having to tour all the time...which is why during his last special he seemed to be dragging these 'skits' out a little long; he's trying to show off his acting chops to possible employers. Fucking disgusting to watch as a viewer, but for him, it probably beats sending in audition tapes.

what are u talking about? he's regarded as one of the best by all comedians right now. plebs gonna pleb.

>The way he tries so hard to be so nice all the time and positive is fucking irritating.

thats what happens when you get old, get married, have kids, and are a millionaire. you tend to love life and be nice.

Bill is fine, but marrying nia and having a kid have mellowed him out too much.

Bill's comedy came from his anger, he isn't angry now.

Here's what I ask you what you've done and what you've become.

And then you lie. Either by telling me your life is great or that you are okay with the fact that it's not.

His life is still better than yours. I'm sure people love him. Who loves you user?

He used to talk about how he wouldn't let women get away with stupid shit and how he's not pussywhipped.

Now he basically licks his nog wife's toes and talks about how he's an idiot and how she's right.

Basically, he's a fucking castrated man like every other liberal comedian. It was fun while it lasted but now he belongs in the same trashcan that Louis CK is in.

>tfw someone in your group of friends is the first to have a kid
>at first talks about how amazing it all is
>gets a house with his girlfriend, gets a car
>skip to a year later
>gf dumped him, living on his grandparents sofa, sold the car
>has done jail time because of a fight he had with her
>just talks about how shit having a kid is now

he fell for a meme of the kind most foul

hes an idiot and sucks at having kids obv. a lot of people do it right without fucking up their lives.

thats what they all say

When men have kids, their test levels drop significantly. It's like neutering a dog - he has literally lost his balls. True story.

im in finance and law. hes popular, lives in a shithole. who loves me? my family

im not that needy. why do you need to be loved and popular?

everyone hates having a kid

that meme about getting a weekend away from the kids isnt just a crazy coincidence all parents have. they hate the obligation. they can't do it for very long and send the kid to daycare/school/work/grandparents very quickly.

if the kid turns out ok you say it was great, if hes a loser you dont.

When do speech writers ever get credit. Take a lesson from Hillary fag.

His latest special doesn't live up to his past few. It wasn't horrible but it wasn't on the level he's been on for a while now.

Also he's becoming more and more obviously whipped as time goes on. Just the other day Nia was being really annoying on his podcast. Granted he was giving her a hard time but she couldn't go along with it and literally chewed into him making for an uncomfortable listen.

Also he's a dad now. Granted he's staying true to his past self and still spends plenty of shit talking and trying not to be a stereotypical dad and talk about the same shit other fathers do. But the contrast between his podcast 5+ years ago and today is fairly large now that he's a family man.

Overall I still enjoy his work and his podcast. I just hope as time goes on he doesn't soften up too much and I hope his next special is better.

it was moreso when he acted like what i wrote was fucking gay and laughed at it like he was intending on throwing it away

then he just gets up there and delivers my words from his faggot mouth and everyone starts crying like he's some poignant cunt

stolen glory

dumb cunt wouldve gone all through school doing the same thing to people, just stealing their ideas.

ive seen his '''' person training busines''' its just steve jobs quotes and motivational posters. cunt acts like he's all wise and shit but he's fucking retarded.

why are you guys hating on bill burr? what kind of pussy ass bitches are you?

>lazy
lol

>that fucking acronym part

my sides