Civil War Spoiler Thread #7

Best Crew Edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c2WTNWptTjA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

BvS vs Civil War

which was better

There was always a chance, granted, not enough of one to warrant the blind hype we saw BvS given with all the warning signs against it, but all the same it could have happened.

Still, feel sorry for DC fans.

>still no sticky
Triggered.

Please no console wars bullshit.

What a nigger

Didn't like Lang basically dropping everything and potentially never seeing his daughter again just because.

She was his world. That was literally what Ant Man was about.

Oh no! The Brooklyn Orphanage has lost funding and is going to be shut down! Only the prize money from the 144th annual Brooklyn Breakdancing World Championships can save it!

He's still a superhero, a world with 5 super assassins running loose is not a safe world for his daughter.

He didn't.

They thought a crew of Super Soldiers were going to fuck up the world.

Thank you Based Russos!

He clearly didn't expect that result. All he knew was that Cap needed him to stop a slew of Super Soldiers and they'd be going up against some other Avengers because reasons. He also probably didn't expect to end up in Underwater Hell Prison even if things went south.

Thank you Based Russos!

WB shareholders need to be linked to this

Meant for

Dude, BvS had Superman & Batman fighting a giant Ninja Turtle with laser eyes with Wonder Woman and Italian Flash!

All Civil War had was some broke ass bug heroes.

But dis be a Civil War thred so keep it on topic.

>I wouldn't save the world my daughter lives in against 5 superpowered Nazi controlled peoples
You don't deserve to be a father implying we will get laid and get spawns

Toasty user strikes again!

>spilling his spaghetti whenever Wanda is there
Dumb toaster.

Needs more Paprika

Just got back from the movie. It was allright, though it didn't make sense. Scarlet Witch should've won the fight herself.

Spider-man was shoehorned as hell, but was fun.

So, did they got sick of him walking around naked or do you think he just wanted to look pretty for Wanda?

I would pay good money to watch this.

god he looked cringeworthy

THANK YOU BASED RUSSOS

Yeah, but then again, it was Captain America asking for his help.
Against a Stark.
I mean, I'm sure he had to debate it intensely, and there will be reprications in his next film, but I can kinda understand why he'd do it. He's that kind of fanboy.

Any good ship baits in this?

The Russo Brothers Reveal Three Relationships They Want to Explore in Infinity War

>Joe Russo: Certainly Scarlet Witch and Vision. It’s a very compelling story. Obviously, it’s one ripped from the comics that, for many years, there was some very interesting storytelling and characters. One character is searching for how to identify with humanity, another who is on a journey away from her humanity towards becoming a very powerful being.

>Anthony Russo: I would also say Captain America and Iron Man is central. Can those guys ever repair their relationship? What is their relationship ever going to be like moving forward from this?

>Joe Russo: Should they repair it?

>Anthony Russo: That’s as complicated as anything. The other relationship that’s still exciting to us is, again, Cap and Bucky. The wonderful thing about this movie, which started in Winter Soldier, is that Cap had a belief in him, that there’s still a human being inside the Winter Soldier that he can save and that he can reach, and he’s gone to incredible lengths now, with incredible faith, that that’s waiting for him if he goes there. He’s found that human being inside Bucky Barnes, but who is that guy going forward? Just because he’s found and he’s there, he’s still this crazy, bastard hybrid of who he used to be in The First Avenger and this killing machine.

>Joe Russo: If he’s not Bucky Barnes or The Winter Soldier, then who he is?

>Anthony Russo: He’s somebody new now. What kind of relationship will him and Cap have moving forward?

Robot fucking confirmed.

>He said Bucky and I felt like I was 16 again

What do you mean?

T'Challa/Widow if you're desperate.

thank you based russos

Does Vision not have a bedroom?

He was just floating in the dark living room with Clint showed up.

BvS had better 1v1 fights and visuals.
That's it.

why does he look like handsome Squidward

>tfw Tony watched his parents get murdered by Bucky

I was waiting for it to come up the whole movie and it still hit me like a fucking truck. I didn't expect him to actually have to WATCH it...his fucking face man.

I know that trying to kill Bucky was wrong but I couldn't even blame him. Who would've done any different in that situation.

"I don't care. He killed my mom."

T'Challa has a new bitch Bucky

>Setting up vision

This makes me happy and then sad when I realize hes going to get killed off in later movies for the mind stone.

>If there is one obvious hint in Civil War at what’s in store with Infinity War, it’s when Vision says he wishes he could control the infinity stone in his head. When we spoke with Markus and McFeely, they confirmed Vision’s line is a tease:

>"That’s the most blatant set up I can think of. Yeah, I mean the only thing is just putting them in the bad position so that when Infinity War does happen, they are not going to be a unified front, and they’ll be unprepared for Pearl Harbor."

I-is Vision going to go nuclear?

He phased into Wanda's room basically naked before so they made him get clothes and told him to use the door.

youtube.com/watch?v=c2WTNWptTjA

>Do you even remember them?

>I remember all of them

It's difficult question. For me BvS had at least 15 minutes when I thought it was great (those 15 minutes surrounded by shit piles). Civil War was meh-to-ok movie with some good fun during the group fight.

Overall Civil War is better but it's a consistent minor letdown

also, the scene when Falcon and Cap are "in hiding" so they sport baseball caps and sunglasses for sth like 20 seconds is hilarious.

THANK YOU BASED RUSSOS

The amount of nightmares he must have.

harbor'dWhat if instead of Vision going pearl harbor he's the one who gets pearl harbor'd?

I doubt he needs to sleep, but on the other hand they probably still gave him one because it's the normal thing to do.

Probably. That collective good line is also a warning bell, it's never good when a robot suggests that.

How would you guys want to see a thunderbolts movie play out?

A movie based on the original comic where Zemo escapes and forms his "hero" team out of villains?

Or some sort of adaptation of ellisbolts where Ross is in charge of a task force of villains including Zemo?

What villains would you include? Where would you introduce them?

I personally would be happy with either. Moonstone could be introduced in Captain Marvel, Beetle could be a small time villain Spidey beats up, Atlas could be in either Luke Cage or Antman and the wasp, and you could introduce Songbird and Fixer for the first time. Abomination is also on the table.

Yeah. Not sure why Wanda didn't just mindfuck everyone on Tony's side and pin down the ones she couldn't get to immediately. That bitch is so OP that dragging Ant-Man into this probably wasn't necessary.

I guess the real answer is that it wouldn't have been as interesting to watch.

Sounds like he should have just let Iron Man repulsor him to death.

spider man was shoehorned because they got the rights as they were finishing up. notice how they only pulled RDJ for the scene and that he's only in one major scene and then an after credit. there's only do much you can do at the last minute and still have the script be good

Seriously though, how did the Russos do it? Two directors more known for sitcom work and they go ahead and make a more competent superhero movie than Joss Whedon, Zack Snyder, Shane Black and Kenneth fucking Branagh.

Steve is probably the only reason he doesn't kill himself or let himself be killed.

Even on the plane when he said "I don't think I'm worth all this trouble" or whatever. Steve had this look on his face like suicide watch.

most likely he's going to get the solar gem to replace the mind gem.

Vision will actually prefer the solar game I think. It means Less mystery and less power for vision to worry about.

>>vision happy he's growing less powerful
>>wanda said she's growing MORE powerful

>Spider-man was shoehorned as hell, but was fun.

The faster marvel made him relevant in a movie, the faster they secure him as their own property again.

Now if only we could do the same about Fox and the F4

I'd like to see Martin Freemans character lead a task force with Zemo at the brain of it

agents of SHIELD already has the secret avengers. forming another one in the movies doesn't seem likely. they're all confused and angry right now

she's still learning. remember that she hasn't really faced a whole lot of conflict compared to say, Thor. by part 2 of infinity wars she will be where people want her to be

They are big comic book fans, so that probably helps.

But to be fair, so is Whedon.

>civil war was meh to ok

lol

4 people (with Markus and McFeeley) who get along and can really hammer out a script before shooting. They stay true to the characters and Feige goes out and grabs help for cinematography, score, choreography, etc.

I get the impression that Wanda doesn't like using her powers excessively - especially against the weaker Avengers - for fear that she could kill someone.

I mean, we saw what happened when Vision actually turned his laser on a person, and Wanda's powers are far stronger and harder to control.

A mix of both would be good, like Legends of Tomorrow. Mostly heroes but with like Abomination and Taskmaster as the token bad guys who do what has to be done when things get bad.

Is the movie is grossing worse than expected

It was meant to gross $200m+ during the opening week. But it won't even reach $190m, it's expected to take $175m

What's going wrong?

>Tons of comments before the movie came out about how Aunt May is way too hot and young-looking
>In the movie Tony keeps bringing up how hot she is

>also, the scene when Falcon and Cap are "in hiding" so they sport baseball caps and sunglasses for sth like 20 seconds is hilarious.

They do this in every film where they hide. Have you not seen any of the other movies?

It wouldn't count anyone out just because of their credentials. You never know someone's hidden potential

It reminds me of people who dropped out of school but went on to be successful entrepreneurs. That doesn't mean shit if you have legitimate talent and someone to give you a chance.

Top 5 MCU movies?
1. Civil War
2. Guardians of the Galaxy
3. Avengers
4. Iron Man
5. Winter Soldier

Guys, guys guys wait!!!! what if bucky also killed peter parker parents

>Muh numbers
Get outta' here.

Dunno, man. I saw it this morning at 9:50 and it was packed. I thought I'd have an empty theater that early in the day. There were lines in the lobby for upcoming showings when I left.

That list is pretty close to mine, I think.

First Avengers movie was really competent. It had a completely different mood than Russos' movies, but it was crazy good.

Second Avengers movie was bad; maybe Whedon was over his head, maybe he started pushing his shit too much, maybe it had too much outside influence, I have no idea.

Russos can still screw up in Infinity War; we should not take that one for granted.

1. Winter Soldier
2. Civil War
3. Ant-Man
4. Cap 1
5. The Avengers

It's been up in Asia asia for a week now and I can say it's strong here.

Even watched it 3 times now.

yes, I understand why was he shoehorned (secure movie rights etc).
But it didn't make sense plot-wise. It just didn't. Iron Man risked a life of the kid he pulled out off his ass, gimme a break.

I said it because it really was.

It will have strong legs with all the good reviews though

It will be fine

I wonder if Steve would have still been on Bucky's side if he'd killed Sharon during his Triggered episode?

I don't know why she thought she could take him.

oh shit I forgot about Ant-Man.

1.Civil War
2.Guardians of the Galaxy
3.Avengers
4.Ant-Man
5.Iron Man

Iron Man
Guardians
Winter Soldier
Avengers
Ant-Man

Civil War doesn't make the 5.

They're used to scripts where an ensemble has individual arcs that they have to juggle. Really good eye for timing and pacing. Most importantly they trust their actors which is something Whedon definitely struggled with.

Also they're comic book nerds that just want to see cool shit on screen.

Civil War
Guardians
Winter Soldier
Ant Man
Avengers

It's better than Avengers, objectively.

Avengers was just more hype because it was the first movie of its kind.

steve forgive bucky for howard stark as well.

>Steve and Sam's Bizarre Adventure

How did Stank knew Peter was Spider-Man?
He sent the radioactive spider, right?

Whedon struggled with a lot of things.

>jokes during serious moments
>character death for no reason except MUH DEPTH

These flaws were obvious back during his Buffy days and he still hasn't learned.

These are definitely the top 5 for me, the order maybe being a bit different, but Civil War is definitely my new #1

It's in my top 3 cape flicks of all time with Spider-Man 2 and TDK now.

>just because

When Captain America needs your help, YOU FUCKING HELP.

Will this glorious mother fucker ever make an appearance in the MCU?

Only if the rights revert.

I don't know how Fox can hold onto them, but they are making so much off X-Men they probably don't want to give up their Fantastic Four.

Someone pls edit them to be Dio and Pucci witht he menacing sound effects.

oh my god PLEASE get FF from Fox so that this can happen

>That theme whenever BP showed up

I don't think shes very cool with just mindfucking her friends

After the colossal box-office failure with F4ntastic, I wouldn't be surprised if they sold off the rights to Disney or Sony. I don't even really care all that much about the Fantastic Four, I just want to see Doom fight the Avengers.

Was the movie better than the comics/event?

Leave the Avengers to me.

>Avengers in IW are completely stumped about how to deal with the Infinity Stones
>"This is a big risk but...I know a guy"
>Giant Text Card
>LATVERIA

If he comes back, I'd love to see him wear a goofy ass purple suit.