Is this guy serious?

is this guy serious?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lL0WayC7jW0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_Old_Man
youtu.be/2mhUIIhcTb8
youtube.com/watch?v=ER6lPaxhWeA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I've never understood people's fascination with Norm. He's good, but he's just not that good

He's a real jerk.

>Sup Forums hates Norm now

he gives hope to people that aren't clever that they can still be funny

I think you fellas are overdue for a trip to the rope store. Followed by a trip to the rickety chair store

What did he do/say? I haven't watched the special yet.

Lol I remember when norm said that line but didn't really mean it XDXDXDXDXD He's the best comedian for exclusively smart people like me with refined tastes love you norm!!!!

No surprise to me that Norm's style can be so easily be adapted to hateful Sup Forums memes

>hurr kys
Wow so clever. I love Norm now.

hes a veteran comedian thats pretty much it

so does Sup Forums hate any comedian that gets a netflix special?

Seriously unfunny, yeah. Perfect for low IQ Americans.

i just meant in general

nothing, hes truly /ourguy/

he's one of the last remnants of an era where comedians were actually funny and had a unique take on things

How have things changed so quickly? Let me guess, none of you are from North America.

>people think he's funny, but I don't, so must be because they're pretentious and not because they actually think he's funny.

I'm not actually a welder!

Read this in Norms voice.

So Sup Forums, why do you like Norm?
Personally I just really like a pretty normal but slightly offbeat sort of guy just telling jokes and being a clever cunt without having any particular sort of gimmick to his act. He's just an entertaining guy to me.

Just very good delivery. His jokes aren't that good, but it doesn't matter. He can make 9/11 funny just by delivering the line in a funny way.

this, he's a master of setup and delivery in my opinion.

when has 9/11 not been funny?

Timing and delivery is great. On old, but a great example:
youtube.com/watch?v=lL0WayC7jW0

before and during. immediately afterwords it started being funny

Yeah, you pretty much nailed it for me.
He just sounds like a rambling old guy but then he perfectly times this amazing delivery.
His moth joke is amazing.

His delivery annoys me
Like I get why some of his jokes could be funny, but his dry and understated delivery ruins what could have been a funny joke

I get that his way of stretching out jokes when the audience can already see the punchline in sight could be seen as funny to some, but it just irritates me t b h

Norm was exposed a scumbag alt-rightist. He has to be taken down a peg.

Great delivery and he never gets very political or smutty. Also he can get pretty edgy without it being cheap.

eh..I've never understood people's fascination with Norm. eh He's eh good, .... but he's just not that good

>exposed a scumbag alt-rightist
What?

Do you like Steven Wright?

*as a.

Pure charisma and charm. He once did a roast where he just read lame jokes and everything he does just comes off as good natured even when he's shitting on co-workers or others.

He's not for everybody, but like others have said he has perfect timing and delivery. I also appreciate his complete dismissal of the pretentious comedy club intellectual that worships Louis CK and George Carlin, and aspires to "educate" an audience with their worldview without any sense of what a joke actually is. The comedy club is supposed to mock the poetry club, not become it. Like him or not, Norm understands that.

I was wondering when was he exposed as an alt-rightist scumbag? He always seemed pretty relaxed about politics if you ask me.

he doesnt think trumps hitler

check his twitter

his shtick worked a lot better when he was younger. It's easier and a bit more funny when you got a dopey guy in his mid 20s-early 30s playing the fool > when he's in his 50s

He's just offensive on twitter, but that's his thing. He was always offensive, not in a nasty way though.

I disagree, the delivery is half of the charm to me. Understated comedy is underrepresented comedy at the moment.

Haven't you heard, friend?
Everyone who isn't an extremely moronic leftist is on the alt-right.
Just like everyone who isn't an extremely moronic conservative is a cuck.

fuck off barfyman

Yes and No.

He's a comic, so no matter how serious he is, you are not supposed to take him seriously.

Norm is one of the few remnants left of comics who aren't afraid to say things that might be deemed offensive or cause someone to cry and complain about them.

He's what comedians call 'A comic's comic'. Meaning that if you are not a comedian, or a huge fan of comedy, you probably won't understand or appreciate him and his genius.

He seems pretty reasonable if you ask me. It's seems this is a foreign concept in America these days.

Reminds me of Mitch Hedburg. Sort of an easy-going comedy style that pitches jokes in a unique delivery that are kind of dumb but kind of brilliant.

I'll start liking him again when he makes a public statement disavowing Trump.

He reminds me of that tragedy.

Why do you care what his politics are? He's a fucking comedian.

Also; forget what the media tell you about Trump, even forget his approval rating. Name one thing that Trump has done wrong, then, prove to me you aren't some little faggot and say something he's done right to show you aren't just being a dick.

Someone explain the Kermit Jagger the Frog joke to me please.

I think you're replying to bait, but who can tell anymore

I like norm, he comes off a bit autistic, there was some interview he did on the radio with some radio retards and he got super serious and talked about how he didnt have sex anymore and all he did was read books. He also once said he has never driven a car in his life.
He said something once about how bad comedians say things to make people clap, not laugh. i think about that a lot when i see all these lib comedians on stage denouncing trump or just spewing the socially accepted political views.

He is more /lit/ than Sup Forums

Also doesnt believe in science.

He fucked a frog

he has a beautiful face
like a flower
a cauliflower
his face looks like a cauliflower

>People actually get offended by what Colonel Sanders says

explain for the folks at home what Brexit is

that and he has the hots for kellyanne

can't blame him

He's 50/50, sometimes boring, but when he hits he hits hard. I think half of his jokes are crap on purpose to make the great ones work even better.

Yeah, he's kind of this weird Andy kaufman situation where you don't know if he's fucking around or not and he's just doing it to make himself giggle.

kek

Seriously?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_Old_Man

>hateful Sup Forums memes

I love him because he doesn't give a shit.

aside from finding him hilarious, i just love listening to norm talk about shit. art, death, religion. he's really melancholic , seems to have a strong death drive, and that (and his natural charisma and charm) makes him interesting.

>there was some interview he did on the radio with some radio retards and he got super serious and talked about how he didnt have sex anymore and all he did was read books
that interview was pure radiokino tho. it was hilarious how concerned the lady got and norm just keeps chugging along, sounding half drunk.

Hated this cuck ever since I found out he voted for trudeau.

Loved his voice ever since Dr Dolittle. Joke that won me over was his cancer bit though. Something like
>it's pretty sad when someone dies of cancer we say they "lost the battle" like that's great, the last thing they're known for is being a loser

fucking kek that second one

His gimmick is his weird voice you dip.

Dirty Work and Screwed fuckin hilarious. Also, he hosted the espys and proceeded to own it.
The way he speaks is just years of drug andor alchohol abuse.
I canceled netflix after the mst farce and bill nyes fiasco and that faku white peeps trash.
This brings back good memories
youtu.be/2mhUIIhcTb8

youtube.com/watch?v=ER6lPaxhWeA

bloody hell, that last Espys joke... can Norm host the Oscars, or at least the Golden Globes

norm is the most based comedian alive, too bad he's a lazy fuck

The venue would need a designated safe space for the massive butthurt that would ensue, some of those athletes looked pissed. id rather him jus present an award preferaby one of those newfangled non gender identity categories. Imagine...

I recall he hosted the Canadian film/tv awards recently but could never find it in good quality. Don't think he was that edgy on it though

>My roommate said to me, 'I'm gonna go shave and use the shower; does anyone need to use the bathroom?' It's like some weird ass quiz where he reveals the answer first.

I fell in love with his delivery and comic timing when I saw his B O R E D moment on Conan, the whole thing is the funniest bit I've ever seen. The way he improvises on the spot after Conan dares him to, the way his rambling voice and smile makes him appear as non-malicious like a curious kid but then he'll go to brutal deadpan asshole while keeping the smile in 1 second, it's beautiful comedy. He gives off this vibe that it's an innate natural gift and he's always so nonchalant, but you can tell it's actually the result of a lot of hard work. He understands the power of contrast and subverting expectations, he's far more literate than the average comedian yet is never pretentious.

Listening to other comedians' telling anecdotes about him is very interesting, they all have deep respect for his craft. He'll always be a comedian's comedian.

i liked him more when he didnt tripple fuck me over with his podcast. Gonna see his special now.

Norm is weird to me, because if some real jerk also like him it makes it nearly impossible for me to dislike them. case in point, jay mohr and jim bruer.. andy kindler can fuck right off though.

>I ocasionally enjoy stuffing my mouth full of oxycontin.

Oh, Uncle Hector. Uncle Hector— He was a- he was a great man, my uncle, you know? Uh- uh, he, uh, was an old fella, he- he- he actually rode the rails during the Depression. You know? He was a hobo... as you might call him. I don’t like that term. Railroad bum. But he wasn’t a bum! He was just a good, honest man during the depression searching for work, you know? He had no money, so he’d travel the country trying to find work and he actually rode the rails, Uncle Hector. And uh, he told me an interesting story. He’d go through—this is in Canada—and there’s a town called Kitchener in Canada. And the railroad cops were tough, boy. They were tougher- tougher than the real cops, you know? They had a law of their own, the railroad cops… But there was not a railroad cop tougher than Kitchener Leslie. Oh, boy. He was well known- he was well known for beatin’ hobos to death. He’d beat him to death. And, uh, so, what the, uh, railroad bums would all do is, as Kitchener approached— the railroad bums would all hop off before they got to Kitchener to avoid being beaten to death by Kitchener Leslie. Anyways, my uh- my uh, Uncle Hector—a good man, you know—and he walked into a mine one day. This is a story I think the young people could learn from. During the height of the depression, when there was absolutely no work, my Uncle Hector walked into a—I won’t say the name of the mining company but it was MacIntyre Mine. He walked in, he had his lunch box with him, his, uh, work boots and he said, “Sir,” he said, “I want a job.” And they said, “We have no jobs.” And he said, “Well, five hundred people work here at MacIntyre Mine.” He goes, “I don’t think there are five hundred men here better than I.” He says, “As a matter of fact, I don’t think there are two hundred men better than I.” He says, “I think you’d be strapped to find a hundred men better than I.” And by golly, he got the job. What do you think of that?

Uncle- Uncle Hector worked in a mine. And it’s a hellish job, the mine, as you well know. The darkness, you know? It’s coal infested. So he worked in the mine and by God he worked hard. And after a week of working hard, he said to the shift manager, he said, “By golly I’d like to have a lady. I work hard. Where would I find a lady here in town?” “Well,” they said to Uncle Hector, they says “We don’t have, uh, we have sex with animals here.” [audience laughter] “By God,” says Uncle Hector, “I’m not gonna do that. Why, I’m a normal fella.” “Well, then, uh, be to your own devices then.” Uncle Hector continued working in that mine. He worked long, he worked hard, he worked for a looow wage. But he was a man. [audience laughter] Uncle Hector, after a couple weeks passed, he started to get a little itch, you know, as you and I say. The ladies, you know? But he kept it under control. And again he asked, “Are you sure there’s no ladies here?” “No, we have sex with animals.” “Ah, my God.” Six months passed and Uncle Hector couldn’t take it any longer, he told me. He said, “By God, I- I’m just a man. I’m weak, you know? I’m not a saint. You know, and I was born in sin, I suppose, and I couldn’t resist. I just needed it.” So he said he walked by a pasture and there was a pig. So Uncle Hector said, “Well,” he said, “I walked up and I began having sex with a pig.” And he said, all of a sudden, he saw all the miners around him, looking at him. They go, “Uncle Hector, what the hell are you doing over there?” And Uncle Hector’s like indignant, he’s like, “What? Why, you’re the guys that told me that you have sex with animals!” They’re like, “Uncle Hector, you damn fool! That’s Kitchener Leslie’s girlfriend!” [pause] Of all the animals...