Name a memorable line from the movie that wasn't a quip or 'He may be your father but he aint your daddy'

Name a memorable line from the movie that wasn't a quip or 'He may be your father but he aint your daddy'

Hard mode, describe the plot

Insane mode, Explain character motivations

I am groot

You're letting them kill Martha

What are you trying to say OP? What is your argument?

Don't be a passive-aggressive little bitch, just say outright what you mean.

>Name a memorable line from the movie that wasn't a quip or 'He may be your father but he aint your daddy'
Everything was a quip
>Hard mode, describe the plot
It had no plot
>Insane mode, Explain character motivations
They have none

If you need us to explain the characters motivation you either haven't watched the movie or are genuinely autistic, it wasn't difficult to understand.

Don't believe in yourself, believe in me

Man I love black cocks so fucking much, also Batman vs Superman was pure kino

The best and most memorable lines of any comedy action movie are usually the quips and jokes, so fuck you.

Ego finds the Guardians after hearing about the events of the last movie. Peter tries to bond with his dad, but when he learns the horrible truth about his origin, he and his friends murder the shit out of his father, the planet God.

Meanwhile, Yondu's authority is questioned amongst the ravagers after an embarassing confrontation with his old friend John Rambo. Eventually, a mutiny takes place when Yondu elects not to kill Rocky Raccoon, and a guy called Taserface takes over. Yondu, Rocket and Groot all break out of the spaceship when Yondu learns what danger Peter is in.

Together, everyone helps defeat Ego, but Yondu sacrifices himself to save Peter's life, making Peter realise he had a father figure in Yondu all along. The ravagers, including Rambo, all honour their fallen friend, and Rocket realises people love him even though he's an asshole.

Also Nebula and Gamora work out a lot of their sibling rivalry, and Drax makes a friend who is weird like him.

>Character motivations
- Peter wants to know his family
- Rocket feels alone
- Yondu wants to be accepted
- Nebula wants vengeance and recognition of how she suffered
- Ego wants to complete his plan
- Gamora and Drax don't exactly have big character motivations but they're interesting playing off other characters.

Is that enough?

Immortal user is fed up with the universe because the only thing that survives are the fungi on his cum rags so he makes a son because together they have enough cum to cover the universe.
When son realises that cum rags are somewhat disgusting he rapes his son to battle his sexual frustration.

OP will surely ignore this post like the stupid faggot he is. Good job though, user.

I practically hated this film but when Quill said "I had a pretty cool Dad" I felt kind of sad for some stupid reason. Felt like the only line said with sincerity in this whole Seth Macfarlane-esque Marvel flick.

It's literally Fast and Furious in space. There is no need to explain anything else about it.
Its just a collection of actions scenes and jokes edited together

Fuck of matey. This movie is RLM approved.

What do you want? It's just Family Guy in space, they don't need any of that shit

This

Are you autistic, user?

> Name a memorable line from the movie that wasn't a quip or 'He may be your father but he aint your daddy'

This is the true hard mode.

>WE DON'T DEAL IN KIDS!

That story arc was great.

Well, congrats on btfo of OP.

Other than the blue guy with the arrow and Snake there were no other characters with comprehensible motivations.
Really nothing made sense and everything was done/said for the sake of making something "funny".
The movie overall is really shallow, action scenes were ok but few and they try to make the movie be emotional when you really don't care about any of the characters and what happens to them. Also not once in the movie you feel tense because everyone portrayed is so overpowered that there is no way that something bad can happen to them.

>Peter, this is the sea.

Agree with everything here, and it points out that Drax didn't do anything important other than be the comic relief, even though at the end of the first movie he wanted to confront the purple guy, in Vol 2 he makes no mention of it

Well done user, thanks for your unique contribution!

It wasn't difficult, it's a really good movie.

Can't let him do too much, or Marvel can't make a billion dollars off the Infinity War cuz Thanos is already dead.

To be fair, it's probably not super smart to go after Thanos right away. And it's only been a couple months.

Because there was no lead on him or any other opportunity to even learn where he is, so hes just chilling with his new family until then. His prime motivation isnt vengance anymore

I liked drax in this just fine. He was rather concerned about his new found family and tried to help them as best as he could. Like counceling with Peter about his gamora issues, calming gamora when she was about to slap mantis over egos dead children, saving the guardians from the Sovereign fleet by hanging on a rope and trying to confirm peter is save when rocket left the imploding ego planet. He didn't really have an arc but i understood him.

However, he COULD HAVE joined nebula in the end in her quest to kill thanos. But then again i'm rather sure Nebula will die in the beginning of Infinity War. She's made peace with the guardians. There's no where for her character to go so better kill her off.

He wants to kill Thanos because Ronan was his pawn, but he's not ultimately focused on vengeance in this one because Ronan was directly responsible for the death of Drax's family.

He still loves revenge and violence but isn't completely driven by it because he's had a huge part of his vengeance delivered.

>Getting baited into writing two paragraphs to defend a kids movie

Lmao

Ok James Gun, do you have no better things to do today then explain your capeshit on the internet?

I-I was b-baiting, jokes on y-you

>James Gun

who?

>i-it was bait

kys

.>ITT people are really upset that a space comedy is not deep enough for them.

I'm personally upset people are saying it's an actual good movie, if they were saying it's the dumb space comedy about farting raccoons it really is I would have no problem with it. I enjoyed mostly, although I'll never rewatch it again

Space Odyssey still managed to be deep

>Name a memorable line from the movie that wasn't a quip or 'He may be your father but he aint your daddy'
>"N-name a line from a comedy movie without it being a joke, THAT PROVES THIS SUCKS"

Are you seriously this mad about what is the equivalent of an early 2000's/late 90's comedy but set in space because it's not high art?

>Plot: generic bad guy is bad just because and it's defeated by the power of friendship or some shit
wew what a piece of shit

>James Gunn
>who?

Is that a "literally who?" or "figuratively who?" ?

>James Gunn

Oh, why didn't you say so?

The CGI in the scenes where the large blob was swallowing up towns looked really bad

Infact the CG just got worse the further along the movie went, Egos planet was prequel tier and the final battle looked like the final act of Pixels

It is a genuinely good movie for its particular genre which in this particular instance is a light space comedy. Still light years ahead of the last two star wars and less pretentious as well. People go to cinemas for entertainment and this is exactly what this movie is.

Dubs confirms kino

t.martymcdubber

>space adventure movie about friendship has a generic plot with a villain thats gets defeated in the end
Wtf I hate it now???

>movie has a shit plot and nothing to make it up for it
Damn right you hate it

DUDE LET COMPLETELY STOP THE MOVIE SO WE CAN OVERPLAY A BARELY FUNNY GAG AGAIN LMAO

I really can't handle it when lots of people enjoy something, what method of suicide do you recommend guys?

*Chick hit by rock chunk*

5 second delay

Drax: "Watch Out"

Zozzled hard

Watching Manos.

nothing besides characters, visuals, comfyness, soundtrack, emotional moments and jokes*

>characters, visuals, comfyness, soundtrack, emotional moments and jokes
All shit

Ok

I haven't watched it but sounds like the definition of a 'just turn off your brain bro' popcorn flick

kek'd irl

That's weird..
I just watched the movie and oddly enough I can barely remember anything worthwhile.

Sometimes the things you're looking for are right beside you all along.
Quill finding out his heritage after the foreshadowing on the first movie and the Guardians learning to work together as a proper team (the first was more of stuck together situation)
Quill wants to know who what he is. Gamora feels love for the first time and confused what to do. Drax is just being his funny self. Rocket is having trouble being accepted as a team/feel loved. Groot is a baby give him a break. Yondu is kicked out and rejected by the person he respects the most and try to make up for his mistakes by the one thing he's proud of: Quill.

What now fag? Stop whining and accept that even a fun movie can be good. Not everything has to be edgy and dark.

There are no character motivations in movies made by committee, only studio motivations

Peter - To justify a reason to have a movie about an insignificant side quest
Gamora - To promote inter-racial relationships
Drax - LIterally comic relief the character
Rocket - To move the barely existent plot forward
Mantis - To move the barely existent plot forward
Yondu - To advertise Disneys upcoming Mary Poppins live action
Nebula - To advertise future MCU sequels (Remember Infinity Wars goys!)
Baby Groot - To sell toys

>Can describe the plot in less than a sentence
>Vehemently defends it still

So many shills itt

Of course its that, did you expect some arthouse shit from Marvel move about talking racoon and meme tree? It is very good in its genre though

Name me a movie which plot you think you cant describe in one sentence and I'll prove you wrong

What is a summary?

So we all agree at least that despite being given important jobs throughout the movie Groot felt terriby forced and was a completely transparent marketing figure right?

I'm not even meming but he was literally there just to sell toys

He was a funny sidekick, didnt add to the plot, but added to overall atmosphere

>that totally obnoxious, obvious, and transparent dance scene in the beginning that went on for entirely too long
I didn't think the "ZOMG BABEH GROOT IS SO KAWAIIII~" thing was real until I went to the theater

>gets mad when no one can summarise the plot
>someone does it in a sentence to make it easy
>gets mad when someone summarises the plot

what's your endgame here?

The argument is the movie is a forgettable waste of time with no artistic merit.

>Name a line from the movie that wasn't a line from the movie

Stop being autistic.

>Name a memorable line from the movie that wasn't a quip
I don't use my head to fly the arrow boy, I use my heart

"You broke the Ravagers code when you delt in children"

Ego is a gigantic cosmic being that created an avatar and fucked off around the galaxy procreating with a bunch of aliens to try and produce an heir to aid him in spreading himself across the universe via seeds he'd planted across numerous worlds. Years later, he goes to meet his son, Peter Quill and takes him to his planet which is really a protective layer for his brain that lies at the heart of it. He teaches Quill how to harness his power, grants him cosmic awareness and almost succeeds in brainwashing him into completing his plan before letting slip that he's the reason his mother died of cancer. Turns out he's had countless kids and killed them all when they weren't able to use his power. Quill goes off the deep end, tries to kill him, everyone else aids him, he eventually does it and realises that planetdaddy wasn't really his daddy, Yondu was.

Ego wanted to spread himself across the galaxy as a god.

Quill wanted to connect with his estranged dad

Yondu wanted repentance for having delivered kids to Ego, then wanted to save Quill, someone he saw as a son.

Nebula wanted to kill Gamora because in a roundabout way, it's her fault she's mostly machine

Drax was happy enough just doing shit with his family, same as Gamora.

Rocket wanted a family, but didn't want to let people too close and so did obnoxious shit to drive them away.

Mantis wanted to learn more about things off Ego.

Baby Groot is a meme.