Isn't Nightwing just a poor man's Batman? What does his character bring to the table thats different from Batman...

Isn't Nightwing just a poor man's Batman? What does his character bring to the table thats different from Batman? Same thing with most of the Bat Family's stand alone books. Thats probably why most of them get canceled after a few issues.

>What does his character bring to the table thats different from Batman
Not being Batman.

You know batman is one man right?

Gotham is a big ass city

Guns and associating with degenerates.

Didn't he beat Batman in that fight?

>Same thing with most of the Bat Family's stand alone books. Thats probably why most of them get canceled after a few issues.

Kek, Azrael had a 100 issues run, that's more than pretty much every side character not named Superboy or Supergirl.

Dick shines in Teen Titans and Outsiders.

From an in-univrse perspective, he's proof that the idea of batman can be improved upon.

He's Batman, but not insane and moody.

He's hotter and nicer.

The point was that he had to survive the fight.

Really?

Dicky G is what Batman wanted for his life after his parents died. Someone who strikes fear into the hearts of criminals yet is able to enjoy himself and have relationships. Bruce lacks empathy towards is comrades and comes across as cold and heartless.

Dick does not. Though he suffered a similar tragedy in his childhood, he was able to look up to a father figure and become a stable, functional, efficient individual, yet still fight a relentless war on crime.

Bruce has stated many times how proud he is of Dick. He's essentially his son, his magnum opus.

>but not insane and moody.

Dixon nightwing was 10 times worst than bruce. and dixon bruce was the worst bruce

Also, have you read a single nightwing issue? Christ half of them are about WHY he IS NECESSARY to Batman.

>Partner building
>Teamwork
>Being a goddamn human

Read more comics before posting on Sup Forums

>nicer.
>as cold and heartless.

Guys. Dick is a manipulates people and women even more than bruce, Remember when he went to visit Barbara and then fucked her and the next day he gave her the invitation to his wedding with star fire?

The difference between dick and bruce is that dick cares about what people expect from him so he can pretend to be nice and then blame bruce when he fucks up.

He literally uses "dad used to beat me" as a excuse all the time.

>manipulates people and women

Are you suggesting women aren't people?

Fair enough.

But I'd ague that he's nowhere near as sociopathic as Batman. Dick doesnt entirely shut folks out. Sure, he may be a cunt sometimes, but how many times has Bats been kicked off the Justice League? How many times have Robins quit? Died? How many story arcs are about Bruce finding his humanity again?

Point is, Dicky G is a part of the Bat-Family. He'll be cold here and there, but hes not a ruthless bastard like Bats

Pretty much everyone at DC that isn't Batman is a poor man's Batman.

Yes, I am

Good to see there are sane men left

This image is problematic. Delete this before I notify Escher Girls.

If women aren't people then dick did nothing wrong

He's a tumblr-friendly Batman.

Bruce is far too serious and scary.

Let's be honest, would you be comfortable in a room with Batman? He is tall, muscular, mnacing, confident in himself, smart. Just by virtue of being so well rounded makes him socially intimdating.

That's the most beta thing I've read this week

there both white cis scum

>Thats probably why most of them get canceled after a few issues

What? Tim carried a solo for almost 20 years and the only reason he didn't last longer is DC shackled him to Titans so that would sell. Dick's had a solo for most of the last 20 years and I'm pretty sure Cass still has the longest running Bat girl series and even Azreal lasted a hundred issues.

Batman's like the one guy with spinoff characters that last.

A little unrelated, but isn't the point that Batman can't connect with your average person just pounded home by the fact that he keeps befriending, training, and growing to love all these kids he takes under his wing? He is too skeptical and cynical to believe in any adult and so finds camaraderie with innocent children that he helps guide toward what he believes is the right path.

Nightwing and the rest bring the human connection for Batman. Without them, he is all the more likely to close himself off from the world. That's how you end up with old man Bruce from Beyond.

He's been shown scaring the piss out of harder men than you.

>but how many times has Bats been kicked off the Justice League?

1 time actually He quits the league.

>How many times have Robins quit?
0 Actually, he has fired dick and tim.
>Died?
2, both times they died by going rouge
>How many story arcs are about Bruce finding his humanity again?
Usually after he loses his girlfriend, superman or one of his sons.

Cas has the longest running Batgirl book by like 20 issues, with 73.

Interpersonal communication and leadership skill. He was supposed to be the leader of the Titans and a second generation of superheroes.

Second most beta now.

by just being in the room? with innocents?

>Thats probably why most of them get canceled after a few issues.
They keep going just fine and get propped up by crossovers until they get cancelled for editorial reasons.

>Cass got cancelled so Batwoman would be the token female bat book
>Tim got cancelled so he could be Red Robin
>Red Robin got cancelled for New 52 so he could prop up Teen Titans
>Nightwing got cancelled twice so he could be Batman and a spy
>B&R and Grayson got cancelled so he could go back to Nightwing
>Steph got cancelled so Barbara could be Batgirl for New 52

The lesser known ones like Batwoman, Jason, and Batwing are the ones that have more trouble, but even the first two did just fine until the end of the runs.

But yes most of the batfamily is superfluous. Which is why Dick being away from them and doing his own thing is the best. Same with the others. They just gotten find ways of not making them Batman-Lite. Dick being a spy was a nice try, and him being a globe trotter may be fine but we'll have to see.

Didn't Steph had bad sales too?

She had low-mid 20k in the months leading up to New 52 which is fine today and was fine back then too. The month I'm looking at had GL as the highest DC ongoing at 74k, just to give you a taste at how low sales were back then.

Grayson is still going. He has a rebirth issue lined up.

Correction OP
Nightwing is a poor mans batman for an adult superhero gimmick

Dick Grayson is not a batman clone
He is basically the opposite of Batman in every way
He's like the Spider-man to Batman's Daredevil

and he failed as Batman so he wasn't really an improvement

Bruce crafted Batman to be a certain way not because you have to be that way to do the job but to do the job successfully you have to be like him.

I have to say this is exactly why Dick is a bad character
Bruce is the way he is because of all the harsh things he has to do to himself to be Batman
Dick is able to have none of the personal hangups specifically because of Bruce shielding Dick from all tragedy to just blatant bad writing where Dick ignores all tragedy to keep him at status quo

That Barbara thing was a recon in an annual and bad story.

>He literally uses "dad used to beat me" as a excuse all the time.
Except he doesn't?

meh I don't believe that
Commisioner Gordon
Leslie Thompkins
Alfred
Renee Montoya

Batman has plenty of adults who are friendly with him.
The Bat family is more of a "these people are inspired by what I'm doign" They won't stop no matter what I do better train them so they don't get themselves killed."

More.

It wasn't a retcon
His relationship with Babs is a retcon in itself as she was made younger by Dixon because
????
Now you have Dick in his teens involved with two women and flitting between both for a decade and culminates where he cheats on one with the other before his wedding day.

Bruce's tumblr fan base is probably bigger than Dick's especially after the Grayson controversy war.

>Sleeping with Barbara while with Kory wasn't a retcon
>however his entire relationship with Barbara before and during Teen Titans was a retcon

Are you okay because the second one helps the first one exist

This is the perfect example of /co doesn't read comics.

Bruce didn't craft Batman, a Bat flew through his window so he decided to use it as a symbol for his costume. That's it.

Congrats you understand how he came up with the name and costume
Everything else he did up to that point is irrelevant apparently

Man what the fuck are you talking about.That he trained or some shit.So have a shit ton of heroes.

Nightwing is what happens when you take Bruce, give him a good life, while being Batman. Dick isn't as bright as Bruce, but he's a lot more personable. So he's able to rely on other people's strengths. He's also more acrobatic, and uses weapons more often than Bruce.

He's more like a poor man's Daredevil.

>Nightwing got cancelled twice so he could be Batman and a spy
>B&R and Grayson got cancelled so he could go back to Nightwing

aahhaha holy shit that's hilarious.

>which is fine today and was fine back then too.

It was just-about-floating back then. Much better by todays standards because they never count digital sales, which can make up for it by a lot (probably why Injustice is STILL going).

I can't wait until they try to do something with him again only to go back on it in a couple years

he brings the fact he's his less broody son.

I think he can do something that Bruce as a character can never do, he can grow.

Bruce is always Batman, that's it, he's always angry, having no fun at what he dose.

But Dick, he is always reinventing himself, first as Robin, then as Nightwing, then as Batman; Dick is always changing as a hero and as a character adapting to his new hero status.

I find him more interesting than Bruce, but it's kind of hard to write him with DC not wanting him to outgrow Nightwing

Lmao, I've been on Sup Forums all day and this is probably the most retarded post of the day. Congratulations.

>I don't read Batman, the post

I don't care if you prefer Nightwing, but don't try and disparage a character you obviously know little to nothing about.

But Batman doesn't kill...