Why didn't you like Batman vs Superman Sup Forums?

Why didn't you like Batman vs Superman Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_XD
derpibooru.org/507065
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

BECAUSE IM BATMAN XD

Disney XD

>XD

Gal Gadot was chosen as Wonder Woman and absolutely raped the iconic character with her pathetic performance.

Because it wasn't a good movie.

Why is the Riddler dressed as Superman?

because not muh superman

Would you believe it's an elaborate riddle?

Anyone getting into shape for comic-con?

I did. A whole lot, actually.

Nah, I'm going as what I always go as. A fat guy

Sad kind, or regular?

My nigga. Do you man.

It's not that I didn't like it, it's just that there were things that I didn't like about it, and those things were more numerous and easier for me to articulate than the things I did like about it.

Found it boring.

>Sad kind, or regular?
What's the difference?

Please stop hurting my feelings.

>I'm hurting your feelings
Oh god now I feel terrible

The bad outweighed the good

Not enough Superman, sad Superman, the dreams, Wonder Woman, Luthor, Mercy, the conflict between Batman and Superman, Doomsday, Martha Kent. I think that's about it.

It's ok. I'll get use to it, but sometimes still stings.

Ah well you convinced me. Darn it

I loved BvS. Saw it 3 times.

But I did.

saw it 3 times too
first time was disappointing
second was enjoyable
third was exhausting

It was boring. And when action did happen it was just indistinct visual noise.

Because
>NOT MUH SUPERMAN
>NOT MUH BATMAN

Are Superfags still mad? I remeber how much they bitched about a movie about the Trinity having Batman and WW and not only Superman.

Because Sup Forums told me it would be bad

Why did Superman use the Kryptonite spear himself? Would it not have made more sense for Wonder Woman, a being who is nearly as strong as superman at full strength to use this spear that doesn't weaken her on Doomsday?

A lot of good concepts and themes poorly executed by shitty directing and shitty characterization.

Because it was very poorly made.

No Superbat.

Sup Forums please leave

Also HISHE and cinemasins GTFO. Fucking hate your bias.

>Killing Superman in his second movie
>Lex Luthor played by Jesse Eisenberg.
And no I dont give a shit if you think hes Lex Luthor JR as they stated he was Luthor in the credits
>Doomsday was a combination of human and kryptonian DNA. Looked like neither
>Luthor was able to use the Kryptonian ship by using the excuse "They're all dead" even though he used Kyptonian finger prints to get in the ship in the first place
>All the Superman is Jesus symbolism
>Batman kills a shitton of people, but lets the man who created Doomsday and kill Superman live
>The whole "Lets stop fighting because our moms have the same name"
>Superman didn't toss the kryptonite spear to Wonder Woman
>Superman appearing out of the blue and stopping Batman's vehicle, then leaving
>The entire Lois and the bullet plot line that lead to what was established like an hour before
>Lex Luthor's reason for all of this is not clear as he can't speak coherently
>How Luthor found out everybody's identity with no explanation
>Jimmy Olsen being CIA, what was the point?
>That Batman dream within a dream with the Flash that won't be explained until later movies
>When showing who's going to be in the JL movies, they didn't show Green Lantern for some reason

Overall I'm glad I saw it. I remember people clapping when Wonder Woman appeared, though I probably won't see the uncut version.

But I did. Worst Luthor though.

It's flipped, and he cropped out the ponies. I know because I drew that.

Too much JL setup
Too many Darkseid teasers
Too much focus on Batman
Not enough focus on Superman
Too cynical

Badly written and badly made.

At this point the entire future of the DC cinematic universe is resting on Suicide Squad and the Batman movie to be directed by Affleck. Thing is, if what we're hearing about reshoots on Suicide Squad is true then WB have panicked over the BvS reception and studio meddling is rarely a good thing. Especially from the morons at WB.

Give it another decade and they'll probably be rebooting everything again.

Superman sucked. He was just sad all the time. When he was Clark he was actually cool. When he wears the suit, he doesn't explain his point of view when people are flinging their fear of him in his face, he just takes the abuse like Oliver takes Felicity's

Also I really hated that the fight had no dialogue. Like Supes says one line about his mom, Bats isn't having it so Supes just says fuck it and starts to fight. Neither side explained themselves to one another. Not saying they have to have a tonight show interview right then and there but cmon. Know why you're fighting each other. Luthor's plan worked way too well. There was no scene where they tried to make one another understand. We as the audience know why they're fighting but so what

Also too much setting up future movies
Also everything with doomsday could have been cut and instead put in a future movie
Also superman death scene was rushed and unnecessary. I feel like they just wanted to do death of superman just to say they did it. Would have been better in a future movie would have felt like it meant more. The way it happened was silly too.

>Also I really hated that the fight had no dialogue. Like Supes says one line about his mom, Bats isn't having it so Supes just says fuck it and starts to fight. Neither side explained themselves to one another. Not saying they have to have a tonight show interview right then and there but cmon. Know why you're fighting each other. Luthor's plan worked way too well. There was no scene where they tried to make one another understand. We as the audience know why they're fighting but so what

But you said it yourself

>Like Supes says one line about his mom, Bats isn't having it so Supes just says fuck it and starts to fight

Superman approached Batman, said he needed his help, and Batman proceeded to break out the sonic bat-cannons and kyrptonite.

>The Batman is dead. Bury it.
>nevermind I need your help now!

I wanted more fights

Sorry to break it to you kid, but David Ayer outright said the reshoots were his idea and had nothing to do with BvS.

>Superman is an emo piece of shit
>Lex Luthor was an autistic Joker wannabe
>Batman killed people and was an overly sensitive asshole
>Wonder Woman was played by Gal Gadot
>the conflict was fucking retarded
>shoehorned JL teasers
>MARTHA

Zack Snyder needs to go back to music videos.

user. You know about en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_XD right?

OP just wanted to shill Barneyshit anyway.

Because I'm a DC fan.

Oh you're one of those. Carry on then.

Power creep ruined it.

Batman v Superman is like if someone promised you a Sonic/Mario crossover game and then you pop the disc in and you get Shadow the Hedgehog instead. And you go "...fuck it I'll play it anyway" but the disc is scratched so half the levels don't load, and then suddenly midway through the game it swaps over to Pac Man instead.

Exactly fucking this.

Pros

-Cavill as Superman
-affleck as batman
-Montage scene of superman saving people, he's just a guy trying to do what's right
-Warehouse fight
-Alfred

Cons

-wonder woman and jl shoehorn
-Movie has no focus
-Lex undeveloped
-Poor editing jumps everywhere
-bad writing

I'll also add that this movie could have been amazing but they fucked up and wasted God tier casting of batman and superman and their first meeting

fat bf is trying new diets and going to gym to look better without having been asked to do it or anything, I event told him I didn't care, that I like fat boys depending on the case (aka him i.e.) and that was it. He still wants to do all that because of having a reason for it.

Being lonely is really the source of many terrible things

For a quick reminder, OP is actually a horsefucker in disguise.
He takes MLP pictures he's seen on the site just so he can post them and make threads.
I've seen them done with humanized Tree Hugger, vectors of cutie marks, Huevos, Ember, etc.
This is one of them.
derpibooru.org/507065

You can tell he just wants to shill his shit since it's just one line and not very descriptive.
I can always tell since he suffixes his thread topics with the board he's on, most likely because he wants to spread his shit everywhere.
I know because he tried doing a Spiderman thread but ended up putting in Sup Forums text instead of Sup Forums.
I can probably give you a sizable list of the threads I've seen him make.

He's really trying to challenge Rule 15 with this shit, but as someone said, even if they think a rule is stupid, we still should abide by it until then.

I liked it well enough but the editing was baffling

Nobody cares

But did you see her crotch?

>movie ends
>most people in the theater leave
>I stay behind
>there has to be an after credits scene
>just has to be
>credits end
>remaining few people get up to leave
>there just HAS to be something
>sit staring at the blank projector screen
>lights come on
>theater worker is sweeping up popcorn
>sink lower into seat so he doesn't see me
>he eventually comes to my row
>"oh, I'm sorry sir, I didn't think anyone would be this early"
>he finishes and turns off the lights, projector not even on anymore
>complete darkness for about half an hour because I couldn't handle the awkwardness of running into theater cleaner
>have to sir through the next showing of bvs in one day

I cried loudly the whole time, pretty sure I ruined everyone else's time.

Short answer: it was not good.

Longer: not well edited or well-paced. Poor motivations, characterization, bad dialogue, and generally poor to mediocre and lazy scripting.

Also, it was not, by even the most open-minded considerations, conceptually consistent with any canon of any of the major characters, by and large, although I will grant that some conceptualization could be considered adaptations of various individuals as is often the case (e.g. Alfred taking Oracle's role, for example, as well as some Robin like duties, as in being able to actually pilot or other active in an active manner while Batman is out on missions).

This is why I haven't liked any of the DC movies apart from the NolanBats films. Snyder clearly hates Superman and thinks everyone on the planet does too.

Well, no Snyder, I happen to really like Superman and I don't appreciate this hateful messianic treatment.

Snyder is a fucktard and the MoS universe has Nolan's fingerprints all over it.

The only people who didn't like it were idiots or sociopaths.

Wanting to be Nolan, maybe (not that TDKR was any good), but Snyder has such obvious hatred for Superman. He went into this with the "normie" mindset that Superman is a perfect boyscout GOD and ran with it.

People who hate Supes totally bought it as it fit their expectations while those of us who like DC comics and particularly, Superman, are standing here with our hands up asking why anyone would shit on our 'ole friend Kal-El like that.

because MAN OF MURDER 3 years ago

Ronnie is that you? I'll get you some chicken nuggets if it'll make you feel better.

Dude, Nolan had his hand in the development of the movie.
Secondly, dude just does not fucking understand the character or the altruism that goes into him.

It's not him.
He's got everything he needs to do a truly action oriented batman with pseudo intellectual garbage that's thrown in there but not really expanded upon because that shit is dumb. Or an incredible hulk movie.
Or a Thor movie.

Superman is not his bag.

I honestly thought it was very inspiring how despite having such horrible parents, Clark still turned out to be a real hero. Jonathan "hiding your powers is the most important thing" Kent, Martha "you don't owe them anything" Kent, and Jor "lol just be their king or something" El.

I severely doubt this was the intended interpretation by Snyder though.

>omg my Superman is so deep only few people can understand it!

top fucking kek

Superman has not ever been the type of guy who would put his team in danger or ask them to make the tough call over himself. Much less someone he doesn't even know.

No, despite what the supercockpolishers who write some of the pretentious slobber that passes for superman stories think he's not DEPP at all.

He's quite simple.

MoS and BvS is what happens when people want to take a beyond simple concept and make it deep.

It don't work.

Actually, I don't.

To be perfectly honest, while "Captain America: Civil War" is the more technically proficient film, I feel like "Batman V Superman" is overall a much more memorable movie, even with how much flawed it is.

Plus to be honest, I think "Batman V Superman" had the more engaging, intense fight sequences of the two films.

>It was an hour longer than it needed to be
>Scenes felt mismatched and poorly edited together
>Full of pointless cameos that had no impact on the plot to try and build up the Justice League movie
>This includes Wonder Woman, who had no character arc and could have been removed from the entire film without anything changing
>Batman came off as a whiny baby with poor motivation for his actions
>Superman and Batman never really talk to each other at all
>Lex's plan and motivation made no sense
>The action scenes just weren't that impressive
I'm normally very forgiving of movies, I liked Man of Steel, I liked Spider-Man 3, but BvS was just really, really bad.

He takes MLP pictures he's seen on the site just so he can post them and make threads.
I've seen them done with humanized Tree Hugger, vectors of cutie marks, Huevos, Ember, etc.
This is one of them.
derpibooru.org/507065

You can tell he just wants to shill his shit since it's just one line and not very descriptive.
I can always tell since he suffixes his thread topics with the board he's on, most likely because he wants to spread his shit everywhere.
I know because he tried doing a Spiderman thread but ended up putting in Sup Forums text instead of Sup Forums.
He also won't post anything in the thread he's made unless he's trying to target me specifically, in which case he'll most likely try to ignore my arguments by frogposting.

He's really trying to challenge Rule 15 with this shit, but as someone said, even if they think a rule is stupid, we still should abide by it until then.

Do you really think OP even cares?
The only reason he even made this thread was solely to post this MLP image:
derpibooru.org/507065

Well shit, nevermind, I was five minutes too late.

That's ok, I hate them all as well.

>>Killing Superman in his second movie
Which had vastly more contextual importance then his death did in the comics as it sets in stone for this universe that his intent was noble and good the whole time.
>>All the Superman is Jesus symbolism
Wasn't any such imagery until the end. And only in 2 shots in mos, fuck off.
>>Superman didn't toss the kryptonite spear to Wonder Woman
Her & her lasso was the only thing restraining Doomsday.
>Lex Luthor's reason for all of this is not clear
He explained it perfectly fine to Clark on the roof, he wants to blemish his image to the world. If he can't prove god is not all good then he can do such to the next best thing.

>>This includes Wonder Woman, who had no character arc
Doesn't need to have a arc yet she is meant to be mysterious and badass.
And yet she did have One, choosing to come out of the shadows and fight.
>and could have been removed from the entire film without anything changing
Finale would not be half as badass.

>Too much JL setup
>Too many Darkseid teasers
All of 2 fucking scenes, fuck off you autistic mother fuckers.

What are you talking about, I liked Punisher v Sentry.

this.

Cavill and Affleck actually have a lot of chemistry in real life but why is none of it on the screen???

It was okay. But my standards in cape films have *greatly* elevated since 2004, so when a cluttered mash-up of four comic stories (with a lot of inescapable hero ethics problems sunk into the script by a director who actively disliked capes) gets extruded into theatres, and on top of that, it's about the two biggest, greatest, most beloved, most iconic heroes on earth, who are written so poorly that if you took off the emblems on their chests and pointy ears on their cowl they would be unrecognizable as anything but pastiches and expats. So I personally am not mad, just disappointed.

Wrong. The League clips, Batman's "dream", Lex's rant in the cell, Batman saying "let's make a team," the deleted but will be in the extended version Communion scene...

- Clark's Dropbox was full of work about Batman
- Despite Perry ordering Clark numerous times to cover sports, Clark insists on writing about Batman
- Clark immediately asks 'who is that?' when Bruce arrives at Lex's function
- Alfred commenting on how a next generation of Waynes is unlikely
- Bruce unconvincingly complimenting Mercy Graves on her shoes
- Bruce and Clark's interaction at Lex's function. They are clearly flirting. Bruce calls Clark 'son'
- Clark is heartbroken and distraught when telling Lois he has to kill Batman or else Lex will have his mother killed
- Bruce: "I'm a friend of your son's"
- Bruce waiting a considerable amount of time from first switching on the Bat-Signal to when Clark arrives
- Bruce's expression when Superman is standing right in the middle of the path of the Batmobile
- Bruce being devastated after he finds out Clark's mother's name was also Martha and after almost killing him
- Bruce shaking when informing Alfred about how he HAS to take down Superman
- Bruce going to intimidate Clark's bully, Lex Luthor
- Bruce's email to Diana was lacking the charm of a straight billionaire CEO
- The way Clark aggressively walks towards Bruce during their fight
- The smirk Bruce gives when Clark arrives at the Bat-Signal: "Well, here I am"
- You could say that he hesitated to kill Clark even before Clark mentioned Martha
- Bruce training extensively and intensively to ensure he looked super buff for when he goes to fight Clark

- Bruce went to Clark Kent's funeral even though it would have made more sense for him to attend Superman's funeral (free publicity for him and his company if he is seen respectfully mourning a fallen hero instead of a random journalist he met once)
- Superman literally ripping out Bruce's heart is to symbolise how heartbroken Bruce would be feeling after his boyfriend turned on him and took over the world
- The anti-Superman protestors were clearly based on anti-gay protestors
- Bruce watching the news report of the bombing, he is clearly shocked by the events but also concerned for Superman
- Zack Snyder deciding to kill Superman to prevent gay shenanigans between Bruce and Clark while they go around recruiting the rest of the JL together
- Bruce kills, and compromises his morals, when rescuing Martha because his feelings for Clark are so strong he would do anything to protect those who Clark loves

This is one of them.
derpibooru.org/507065

He also won't post anything in the thread he's made unless he's trying to target me specifically, in which case he'll most likely try to ignore my arguments by frogposting.

I didn't like the overall story. It felt like a 2 hour nonsensical boring build up to just one fight. The story contradicts itself every 2 seconds.

I still don't know why Lex even bothered with Batman or Superman. He could have just unleashed Doomsday on top of Wayne Manor and kill Batman in 2 seconds. Why did he even unleash Doomsday in the first place? I get that it will be explained in the sequel, but that takes a lot from the movie.

>I still don't know why Lex even bothered with Batman or Superman
He wanted to prove how Superman could not be all good, so he pitted him against the one man he knew who would be most capable of taking down Superman.

>He could have just unleashed Doomsday on top of Wayne Manor and kill Batman in 2 seconds.
He didn't want to kill Batman

>Why did he even unleash Doomsday in the first place?
Kryptonian ship did some crazy shit to him