Origin in a page

>Origin in a page
More like this?

>American explorer
Wasn't his father a Scotsman?

>suddenly namor is a mutant
why in the flying fuck did marvel did this

Obligatory

You shitting me? He's been a mutant forever.

Hyperion?

>though a mutant, unlike any other of his kinsman
What about Namora? Or was she still dead around this time?

Marvel's been referring to Namor as "The First Mutant" since at least the 1990s, but there were hints as far back as the 60s.

It's because Namor has powers that no other Atlantean has, caused by his X-Gene.

>Marvel's been referring to Namor as "The First Mutant" since at least the 1990s, but there were hints as far back as the 60s.

i know user, but it feels like everything is getting so homogenized in the mu, why didnt they made a different kind of mutant instead of the xgene. like the avengers, every fucking character has been in it

>why didnt they made a different kind of mutant instead of the xgene
Celestials

how about 2 panels?

Yeah I'm pretty sure I read an issue just last month that referred to Namor as a mutant, either in Lee & Kirby's first 10 Fantastic Four issues or in Avengers #1

Two for the price of one

What makes Namor a mutant though?

Feet wings

Maybe the wings on his feet

Does this count?

Holy shit i never knew i wanted this team up, how dose this play out.

American of Scottish descent desu~

Holy shit that art is so bad

he has been explicitely a mutant since the early 90s when the X-Men were superpopular

also, he was an excellent x-men

he was an X-man? did he do anything on the team?

Weirdly just like Namora and Namorita. Pretty much anytime a human/Atlantean hybrid is born they get ankle wings and insane strength

This honestly would have been a lot better without any words at all.

If that happens every single time wouldn't that be a case of a hybrid species, not a mutation?

How come Namor is considered a mutant when Spiderman isn't ?

True, but I think the idea is to show whether read or seen few words and images can both summarize Superman's origin story swiftly and succinctly.
The specifics of his powers are another matter, but that's not a character's origin.

if you're born with it, you're a mutant
if you gained it later, you're a mutate.

however mutates tend to have mutant children

maybe its maybelline?

But Marvel's mutants aren't usually born with their powers, they're triggered later in life. Who's to say getting bitten by a radio-active spider isn't a mutation triggering event?

nice

Actualy Stan Lee said they came up with Mutants as a way to make more characters without having to invent more new ways for people to gain powers.

No, mutants are born with their powers,

There's no trigger. It just happens. Like puberty.

No, they are not.

Mutants superpowers are a normal part of their biology

Namor is best when he doesn't give a fuck about mutant bullshit, they are all just surfacers to him. He's too busy being the pimp-king of Atlantis.

Also hack writers doing the whole SPLIT BEWTWEEN HIS TWO GENETIC HERITAGES! bullshit rarely comes off well

I completely disagree.

Doomed planet.
Desperate scientists
Last hope
Kindly couple

Those 8 words give me goosebumps every time I read them and perfectly sum up Superman's origin.

I agree that it would totally work without words, but I think the words Morrison used were fantastic.

But then I am biased, it is one of my favourite pages in all of comics.

I've seen worse. It's not John "everyone I draw has a weird block head" Romita jr. levels of bad

>Remember that Offensive lineman who sacked you and forever dashed your dreams of making the cut in the big game?
>IT WAS ME, JAY!

That's a two-page spread you dingus.

That page is from an entire one-shot full of them. Look it up.