Why do people who watches anime have inherently bad taste and shit opinions about movies?

why do people who watches anime have inherently bad taste and shit opinions about movies?

They're usually 12 years old.

Because television is the lowest form of art, and cartoons are the lowest form of television.

Because weebs are scum of the earth. There's nothing inherently wrong about anime as a medium, it's the otaku-pandering anime that has ruined anime's reputation.

Low iq

>theatre
>wrestling
kek'd

Friendly reminder this is an anime board, no need to thank me, just try to integrate yourself with the culture next time before you post :)

shouldn't you be posting a bad trasnlated eva quote as a thread?

they're usually young. people grow out of anime and video games by the time they are 18.

Because they're usually always Sup Forumseditors as well
Their mind is governed by video game sensebilties

18 year old here, I used to fucking browse Sup Forums and Sup Forums religiously but when you grow up you realize that shit's meaningless and juvenile.

Television and western cinema are lesser forms of art, see how their stories and visuals are easily adaptable in anime form but if you do the opposite it doesn't work.

Anime is the apex aesthetic

Anime is the ultimate pleb filter.

people in general have inherently bad taste and shit opinions about everything

>Mfw watch nothing but anime but when I do watch movies it is usually art house or foreign movies

Just for the record I loathe Capeshit and any 80s pop culture film

you're still ignorant. there's anime and video games that you won't appreciate until you're much older.

see what I mean? just look at this, what the fuck.

this looks almost random

plus most people are fans of both music and film.

television shows are usually shit yes, but you clearly haven't watched any good films if you think that

not him, but care to list any?

They're brainlets.

what if you read james joyce and play computer games. checkmate atheist.

>great gatsby
did Quentin make this?

film includes music in a way, it's a much more complicated audiovisual medium that has far bigger potential, although good music is usually easier to produce than good film

You're not reading correctly. You're jjst looking at words

Cowboy Bebop and Metal Gear Solid for one.

post the original please, im interested

it was a hypothetical scenario, i do neither of these things

What?

hahahaha

Underage get out

This is a joke right? Both of these are just mixes of multiple things turned into juvenile media

How can the west even compete?

Imagine being so autistic you go to an anime website and get mad about people there liking anime

They simply can't

Asians and Indians can't tell a story worth shit. They eat up our cape shit movies because Hollywood has the structure of storytelling nailed down. Their exports will do as well here.

it's not even juvenile, the story telling and characterization is very nuanced and adult oriented.

>why do people who watches

"Will never do as well here."

because every anime show basically boils down to either mentally slow schoolgirls doing 'cute' things or an autistic loner who is chosen to pilot a giant robot and save the Earth from some invading force. That's it. It's either complete robot fantasy or highschool, the last time a Japanese person's life they're allowed to not be a faceless oppressed worker drone.
Any person who bases all their entertainment viewing on these two tropes is going to have bad taste.

Imagine being so new you don't realize this board was made after moot decided he wanted a bigger audience
The best part? You probably only started using Sup Forums after 2013 too and because of outsider pandering like bane, got or star wars 7

Sick projection bro I've been here since before abatap

source?

The Japanese don't seem to understand the concept of good storytelling. Everything has to lean towards one extreme or another, a post-apocalyptic world with kids getting tortured or a magical highschool where every type of girl wants your dick.

There's no concept of a middle ground with 99% of these fucks. The good writers that do come around don't get funded by these magazines and thus cannot get their work out to the masses.

One thing which seems to bind most of these writers is the characters. Shows like Attack on Titan and Death Note might have complex storylines (even though both become shit halfway through) but the characters are never given any real thought to.

Light Yagami is a highschool kid who gains a God complex after finding a notebook which allows him to kill others. There's no slow decay of his morals, it just happens overnight. He's ruthless and morally fucked from Episode 2 all the way till the end.

1/2

Now look at Breaking Bad. Walter White is a highschool teacher who learns he doesn't have too much time to live because he has cancer. His pride forces him to decline a former colleagues offer to pay for his medical bills, and he takes up the meth trade. By the 5th season, he is very similar and comparable to Light Yagami. Just like Light, he's incredibly ruthless in his actions. Just like Light, he's comfortable at the thought of killing those who oppose him. And just like Light, he takes advantage of someone less mature than him.

Difference is, Light is like this for 99% of the series. The decay and transformation that Walter experiences is genuinely terrifying and something the audience may feel could happen to them.

When Light and Walter meet their ends, its Walter who you truly feel sorry for. Light is just a dickhead who realises he isn't a god, but Walter is one who redeems himself somewhat after everything that he did. You understand how he ended up reaching that point and that is what makes you feel for him.

Anime is shit because characters follow specific and worn character archetypes like the Tsundere, the Loli, and all other dumb shit weebs splash their money on. These characters are there for weebs to escape their shit lives and turn their brains off for le epic moments.

TL;DR - Shit audience gets you shit content (see: capeshit), unless there's enough opportunities for others with more talent and brains to come up with their own content.

2/2

>Why are emotionally stunted manchildren homosexual pedos retarded?

You already know senpai

bright pastel colors and childish character designs with writing/dialogue that appeals to muh dik. so this is kino... I'm home

Because they waste time on watching bad anime instead of movies.

This is so degenerate on so many levels and yet autistic anime fags and Sup Forums children will defend it as some bastion of white culture against western jewish media.

Same reason people who make grand sweeping statements cant into grammar

While as japanese lack subtlety; their world building is (usually) unparalled.

there's anime that you can still enjoy in your 20s, but it's rare

most anime fans are underage and exclusively watch mary sue shounen crap or whatever low quality crap panders to their interests

>japanese cartoons
>white culture
no, this is where the autistic "the jew fears the samurai" meme comes into play

I was wondering why I wasn't smart recently. I was thinking about how I need to be more smart. And then I realized all my friends and accomplices who are smart watch sports. Football, baseball, basketball. They all increase your intelligence by watching them. If you want to get more smart you need to watch football, baseball and basketball in large quantities. You'll notice over time that your brain gets bigger and you get smarter as you watch more sports and root for your team. Root, root, root for the home team! Root for your team at a sporting event and watch your brain grow.

yeah there's definitely a good amount of anime that have narrative and characterization comparable to good, mature live action but it's outnumbered and outshined by the pandering, childish shit because the culture of manga and anime is similar to kpop, quick manufacturing for quick turnover which leaves very little room for artistic integrity

fpbp

They have absolutely no culture to speak of so they try to co-opt a culture to feel involved.

>says the frogposter

Isn't it the same for Sup Forums and board culture? Most of you are just fitting in posting memes and internet slangs all day instead of actually discussing television and film.

what did he meme by this?

Pretty sure that's sam hyde's joke. Why don't you take a seat?

I think it's just a pyramid of culture and intellectuallism, if you like opera and theatre you think of movies as being incredibly dull and tedious and if you like intelligent movies you'll probably think anime is dull and tedious. If you aren't autistic you can enjoy them all though.

underrated post

There have been studies that show autists enjoy anime more because the expressions and interactions are portrayed in such simple ways

>If you aren't autistic you can enjoy them all though.
This this this this x 1000000

>If you aren't autistic you can enjoy them all though.
This is the cop-out for the child of anime and videogames
It is a sickness, a meme pushed by those that only actually enjoy infantilized media

Taste test Favs

>Book
>Movie
>TV stuff
>Musician
>Anime
>Vidya
>Sport (lel)

Spot on. It's sad because most anime have amazing soundtracks and eastern animation allows for cool shit to happen on screen, but that isn't enough for me to watch something.

On top of the absence of character development, the absence of worldbuilding makes things nearly unwatchable. No effort is put into the world and nothing feels believable.

It's not about being simple, autists are hyper sensitive so it is easier for them to understand some less complex expressions than other more complex expressions. That doesn't mean they don't understand complicated concepts and emotions though, it is just preferable as a visual medium for them.

There should be an additional category, faggots who fall for bait

Gravity's Rainbow
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
Luther
Mogwai
Ghost in the Shell (movie)
Baldur's Gate 2
Basketball

Go back to Sup Forums

Gamerfag detected

Imagine being a person with actual taste in that board and having to be all like "damn, Sup Forums, you fuckin' fine, all on-topic with your moeshit and current season discussion. I would totally spend time here, both as user and the real me." when all he really wants to do is watch another classic series. Like seriously imagine having to be a person with taste and not only refresh that board while Sup Forumsutists flaunt their disgusting MAL profiles in front of you, the thousands of series barely concealing their lack of taste and preference for sophomoric crap, and just sit there, refresh after refresh, hour after hour, while they kept circlejerking. Not only having to tolerate their monstrous fucking taste but their haughty attitude as everyone in that board tells them they STILL GOT IT and DAMN, Sup Forums POSTS LIKE *THAT*?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch their sweaty fucking hands contort into types of shitposts you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been watching nothing but a healthy diet of classics and later alleged cult series for your ENTIRE POST HISTORY coming straight out of tokyotosho. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on their dimpled stomach as they pretend to be little girls, replying suggestively at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to sit there and revel in their "on topic (for that is what they call it)" waifu discussion, the waifu they worked so hard for, watching thousands upon thousands of shit in the previous months. And then someone starts another thread, and you know you could kill every single person in this board before the FBI could track you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're a person with actual taste. You're not going to lose your temper over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

when they were children their brains poured out of their ear

nothing too strange for weebshits