What does Sup Forums think of Oswald the Lucky Rabbit?

What does Sup Forums think of Oswald the Lucky Rabbit?

Other urls found in this thread:

espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12750497/how-espn-traded-al-michaels-oswald-rabbit
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

literally who

I dig him, I liked the first Epic Mickey, want to play the second one at some point.

He has a qt girlfriend

I love him. His history is pretty interesting and the way Disney finally got him back (they traded Al Michaels for him, it's amazing) and how they worked it into his background in Epic Mickey made him really endearing and a good foil to his little bro. I'm glad he gets attention at California Adventure and such.

>Anonymous 05/07/16(Sat)22:04:25 No.8256
>Just got back from Disney World today
>Got an Oswald plush
They had Ortensia too but I'll just get her later.
Kinda regret not getting the ears though.
Other than that they didn't have all that much, hope there comes to be more merch for him.
>Tfw like him more than Mickey
I think I just like underdog characters.

Please share or sauce an article?

You mean the Al Michaels trade? Here's a recent article about it

espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12750497/how-espn-traded-al-michaels-oswald-rabbit

Pretty unlucky, all things considered.

Is that Dot Warner?

I like him more than Mickey.

Hoping he makes an appearance in Kingdom Hearts 3.

>they traded Al Michaels for him
That must have been a weird conversation.
>Yo Al, pack your bags, you're headed to NBC.
>Why?
>We traded you for the rights to an obscure cartoon character so we could use him in a video game.
>What the hell, man.

Remember, Disney traded a man's life to get the rights to Oswald back

>Trade some sports dude for Walt's first original character
>A bad thing

I'm not saying it was bad, I just think it would have been weird from Al's perspective.

i would like to live in a whord where oswald became the face of disney and mickey is just an obscure character

disney vs warner would be completely parallel
with 2 bunnies and 2 ducks

just imagine this scene but with oswald instead of mickey

also from what i have seen i think oswald would have conserved his personality over the years instead of slowly becoming more appropriate like mickey

Drawfags anyone?

>also from what i have seen i think oswald would have conserved his personality over the years instead of slowly becoming more appropriate like mickey

Walt Disney started toning Mickey down because he felt the pressure of preserving him as this saintly mascot who needs to be loved by everyone. He and the crew started shifting Mickey's personality to other characters because in Walt's view any wrong move of Mickey's that was received negatively would be a huge blow. As we all know, he was just shooting himself in the foot and making Mickey boring.

In the hypothetical scenario where Disney history is the same except Oswald is the face of the company rather than Mickey, the same thing would have happened to Oswald. In fact it probably would have been even worse, because when Oswald was thought up, Disney would give any number of vices to a character just to preserve a good gag. That phase in Mickey's career was pretty brief before they started really establishing rules for his personality. So like Mickey, Oswald would have been developed further, shaped into something more solid, and then he would be sanitized to maintain iconic status. So, a completely different animal than the Oswald people talk about today.

more like oswald the lucky faggot

Fuck yes, he'd be great if they follow Epic Mickey's story somewhat. At the very least he'd be perfect in Timeless River.

Guess I need to find some old b&w Mickey.

>get license to old ass character
>not do anything with him outside of video games

This was pretty neat

Go to bed Raph

>Wanting Oswald drug down to New Mickey Mouse Wabbit tier bullshit cartoon
They should reair his old stuff, as well as Mickey's and old greats like the skeleton dance.

I don't.

What's funny is that that's exactly what happened to Oswald before he came back to Disney. Universal sanitized him hard, to the point where he's completely unrecognizable, completely missing the point as to why it worked for Mickey. Disney sanitized Mickey in such a way as to make his as versatile as possible, not to make him bland.

Take Super Mario for example. Mario is the everyman capable of doing anything and being everything, because he's a blank slate. The moment he's gets a personality quirk that sticks, then he's defined by that from then on, limiting what he can do. An apt example of this would be Sonic, since speed is all there is to him and it defines him, therefore limiting what he can do. He can't work outside his main games and formula.

Mickey is also this. Mickey can be a sorcerer, a clock cleaner, a ghostbuster, a key blade wielder, and more because they made him as versatile as possible, which is required of a mascot in order to make him last.

Forgot muh pic

Is that Felix the cat cross-dressing?

>Wanting Oswald drug down to New Mickey Mouse Wabbit tier bullshit cartoon

Disney has very much proven themselves with the Mickey Mouse shorts, user. It's a guarantee they won't make it that if they do something with Oswald.

rude

Would rather have Ozzie's KH incarnation be as different from his EM version as possible as either King Mickey's brother, his Nobody, or an appearance as an NPC.

>Oswald is Mickey's Nobody

Fuck, that's dope.

Have you seen the new Mickey Mouse shirts on youtube? They are fantastic.

They are Wabbit tier in style and animation, and Ren & Stimpy fart humor in substance.

>implying
A lot of anons and I actually enjoyed it.

and you're an idiot spouting memes, since none of that is even remote true.

not that user, but those shorts are retarded as fuck

How? Are you even going to bother explaining wy you don't like them?

>not that user

Uh-huh, sure.

I hope they do something with him in the future. There was rumor a while back of a Mickey Mouse feature-length movie in the works, and I'd love to see Oswald in it in some capacity.

>tfw it's canon that Oswald is an ancestor of Judy Hopps

KILL THE MOUSE TAKE HIS HOUSE was fun

He should appear in the modern shorts

Comics Mickey is more or less Tintin. Main Mickey could be more like that.

So Judy has a bit of cat in her?

IIRC, Al Michaels liked the trade because it sounded like something that would be used in a trivia question.

Better be hand drawn cel instead of cgi or flash

I enjoy them alot, they have good gags. Ive never been a fan of computer 2d animation, but they make it work with those shorts.

I honestly dont get anyone having a problem with them, unless they just...suck at life

Maybe to a simple-minded retard like you.

Wait what

Name one thing that it does better or makes it more charming than the classic B&W or In Living Color shorts? The new shorts are like that one embarrassing friend you have in the group.

The main thing is that there's a good chunk of comedy that comes from Mickey getting hurt. I like Mickey, but Donald and Goofy are funny because they get hurt a lot. Whereas Donald gets hurt because he's a dick and Goofy gets hurt because he's a klutz, though, Mickey suffers from coincidences and bad luck.

Another thing is that Mickey is an interesting character once more. He's shown to be quite clever and uses his head to get through problems. On top of that, Mickey doesn't always win. Most of the time, Mickey gets a happy ending, but there are plenty of shorts where Mickey gets the short end of the stick too, like the one about the Running of the Bulls or trying to watch over Goofy as he sleep walks.

I wanna fuck that bunny.

I have a love/hate relationship with Oswald

I worked at The Disney Store in '07 when the first line of Oswald merch rolled out. No one gave a fuck. It sat on the shelf for months. Towards the end of the campaign we were showing Oswald cartoons in the store and wearing Oswald pins to try and get guests interested and drum up sales, but no one cared.

I wound up buying a couple little Oswald statues (MSRP $50) for .49 on deep discount just to clear space in the back.

Oswald's a cool character, but I can't see him without thinking about mountains of Oswald mugs and plush toys shoved onto an uncaring public.

Not to Oswald man, not Oswald.

If he's so lucky, then why is he a nobody?

You know it was nice seeing Horace and Clarabell again too...

He needs to be in the next KH.

I wonder what people would have thought of him if they ever went with the original idea to make him the final boss in Epic Mickey

>KILL THE MOUSE

>TAKE HIS HOUSE

I prefer Felix the fucking Cat.

I think he means in an artistic sense since both are Disney rabbits.

Possible plot point in Kingdom Hearts 3?

Dear god I hope so.

It'd definitely be fitting, though I wonder if they'd have the balls to do that, let alone remember to do something like that.

I'd personally like to see him as Kairi's Disney partner as a parallel to Riku and Mickey. It may feel too forced to have him use a Keyblade first time he appears though.

I think that there's definitely an audience for Oswald merch, I'm one of them, but Disney probably should have advertised him a bit more, and it makes me wonder just how many people knew they were selling Oswald merch, because I most certainly didn't, and it's really one of those characters only the eagle-eyed will catch.

Difficult choice because Minnie can also fit that bill, but it'd still be cool to see him.

>the next Kingdom Hearts will essentially be this

Makes me wonder if whether or not he is in KH3, if he'll talk or not.

You really have to search for him.

Who's Sora/Roxas' partner?

Sora has Donald and Goofy, Riku has Mickey.

I always imagine him as Aqua's Disney Buddy.

Besides, didn't KH2 make Pluto Kairi's Disney Buddy?

Eh, seeing Kairi's fighting, she should get a genuine battle-ready partner. Would like Max Goof to go with a whole "Rookie Princess and her rookie knight guardian." but Disney apparently hates him right now.

Really, would rather have Oswald be a "sidekick" character a la Donald, Goofy, or Pluto. Despite how important in Disney history he is, Ozzie isn't that major enough to wield a Keyblade.

People probably would've ignored him. That's what made the first Epic Mikey so good; it made Oswald a tragic, sympathetic character that people can feel for, while being fair to Mickey as well.

It's a bit more complicated then that: Blot just took on Oswald's form in other versions of that particular ending.

well it's also worth noting that Mickey back then reflected a lot of Walt himself, so as Walt got older it's not surprising that Mickey mellowed out as well

Why does Disney hate Max?