Spooky Comics

Spooky comics, pages, panels, whatever you've liked recently.

Nameless is amazingly designed, trippy as hell and felt like reading the Invisibles again. I genuinely couldn't tell what was real towards the end. Thanks to the Sup Forumsmrade who recommended it to me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vVkDrIacHJM
mediafire.com/folder/rfxx0kbqmjzek/Horror_Film_Comics
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

House of Penance. I didn't realize it was based on a real woman till I read an interview about it, that makes it even more crazy.

That looks promising. I have been interested in the Winchester House since Alan Moore used it to such eerie effect in Swamp Thing.

Nameless would have been fucking amazing as an Avatar bloodbook. Just the designs on the door inside that ship triggered primal instincts of fear and wrongness within me.

Yeah, I liked the first issue a lot. Bertram's art works great for a spooky story, much like Burnham's. Something about the way they do details. I imagine Quitely would be a great horror artist as well for similar reasons, though I can't think of any he's done off the top of my head. Same with Kuder.

You should check out Strange Embrace.

Thomas Ott is probably my favorite unsettling artist next to Josh Simmons,Al Columbia and Richard Corben

I found the psychological aspect more terrifying than any gore could be.

Where can I download this?

That's what I'm saying. As a cosmic horror story it was amazing, the mindfuck aspect screwed everything up.

The Arkham two-parter was simply amazing

>Quitely would be a great horror artist
Yeah. He has drawn some disturbing shit in his time.

>little Xavier eyebrows
That shit will never not crack me up.

Description looks get. Getting now.

I got it off kickass

Mindfuck is like, the corner stone of cosmic horror.

This looks like a fun rabbit hole to get lost down. Thanks a lot.

are the Flinch anthologies any good?

>writer touring new england in search of inspiration
That always ends so well...

Well for the MC of Providence none of it has gone well.
Just a fantastic series.

Is there a reading order for Alan Moore x HP Lovecraft comics?

I've read Neonomicon and the one before it but those came out a while ago.

It's The Courtyard, then Neonomicon, and then Providence.

Because Providence is playing with some time shit so it's both prequel and sequel to the other two.

Don't know about Flinch but I am going to check out Ghosts and some of the others from it's set.

Excellent. Might as reread the whole thing, then.

Does yuggoth cultures and other growths tie in at all?

No.
Providence brings the whole saga full circle with just the only other two.

I despised Neonomicon and Providence is just so good that it made the thing retroactively worth reading.

I really liked how this page showed the enemy not fully physically in our universe.

Kind of reminds me of the twist about President Eden in Fallout 3...and Wizard of Oz I guess...

The Backwater Gospel

For anyone interested in a short animation

Forgot link

youtu.be/vVkDrIacHJM

Morrison can do a real good spooky Batman when he wants to. Both Arkham Asylum and The Clown at Midnight are top fucking tier.

Yeah, I especially liked how Arkham Asylum tied into the Hypercrisis. Talk about cosmic horror.

I don't think I've actually read the prose issue. Should probably give it a shot.

This motherfucker.

The problem is, it's too close to a nightmare to be scary - it just is strange and weird when you're awake. And a bit perturbing.

The design is off putting as it is but that is truly the biography of a monster.

Just to be clear: you're saying things need to be a little more mundane to be scary?

I always found Hellboy to be very eerie. Liked the way they used cooler colours to melt things into the background. Was startled when I finally saw them.

>the crooked man
>unsettling gaze and laugh
>hates America
>causes problems
>crooked...
MY GOD HE'S BACK

The opening pages of Big Guy and Rust.

Jesus Christzilla, that was horrifying!

One of the ultimate 'only read it for the art' comics.

Would be interesting to see more comics where ships have sigils and mystical components.

Not that guy, but ever watched Brimstone and Treacle? Not the Sting pile of shit film, fuck that piece of shit, the one BBC didn't air for 12 years. Shit's fucking TERRIFYING, and it's just about a dude.

Knowing it's by Frank Miller I can only imagine. I still have nightmares from Hard Boiled.

What's creepy is that Charles was the twin that was trying to murder the other.

Fuck off Sup Forums.

I wasn't disagreeing with their opinion, just trying to clarify their stance. Humans are the most terrifying monsters of them all.

Will try checking out this film soon, tho.

nice to know all your knowledge of the character comes from that single panel
read a book, faggot

Now I want a What if... Cassandra Nova founded the X-Men.

Avoid the flick, check out The BBC series, that's fucking amazing. The film is crap.

The '76 or the '87 one?

Imagine THIS!

You kind of got that in Here Comes Tomorrow and E is for Extinction.

It's the same one. BBC just refused to air it for 11 years.

That was great, loved the style

Jesus wept!

And yeah, I guess so but from the beginning, tho. X-Men could be nightmare fuel.

Thanks. Probably shouldn't watch it tonight.

>I read a story from flinch about these people paying this woman to smuggle drugs through a baby then read in the news that some one actually did it. I pictured a man in Mexico reason a issue of flinch & saying to himself I can do that

I'm pretty sure the comic got the idea from the smugglers, not vice versa.

There's an old story about a couple losing their child while vaccinationing in Mexico. It's found when someone tries taking it across the border, claiming their child is motionless and quiet because it's sleeping. When the baby is examined it's found to be dead; sewn full of drugs.

Just got to this page in Irredeemable. Pretty unnerving.

Does anyone know what is up with the domes in Neonomicon? Are they explained later?

Yes, it's touched upon in Providence. Protection from asteroids like the one in the Color out of Space.

Thanks for using spoilers. I'll find out when I read it tomorrow.

OMG !!! Have been looking this comic FOR AGES!!!!

Read it once, then erased it. Then wanted to read it again and could not even remember the title.

Always thought it was by Steve Niles, so weird is this shit.

There is another Alan's-Lovecraft comic that many keep forgetting or haven't read:

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen -Nemo Heart of Ice.
2 volumes. 1st ends with a rape scene (it's Alan Moore, so no surprise) 2nd is a complete ripoff from At the Mountains of Madness

How can 90% of you never read this beauty called Green Wake?

Whoa, I hope that's an urban legend.

Wut? What was the first one? I read only Heart of Ice and was pretty sure it was the first one in the Nemo miniseries. Do you mean the first issue of LoEG 3rd volume?

How many issues of Nameless are there? Is it a closed story or more volumes coming up?

It is a single story in 2 volumes like the previous League. 1st volume is Nemo's daughter trying to leave her father's legacy and abandoning the Nautilus. She got raped while working on an English tavern. 2nd volume starts with her summoning her old crew , taking revenge on those sordid Londoners and then goes all Mountains of Madness

mediafire.com/folder/rfxx0kbqmjzek/Horror_Film_Comics

seconding this, I've read the comic and I still don't understand if it's closed or there is more in the future.

Is Rat God any good?

I liked it, though I'd basically read anything Corben.

Heart of Ice was definitely the first Nemo trilogy book, which does end all Mountains of Madness-y. Then it's Roses of Berlin, with her against Chaplin's character in The Great Dictator and all the German extraordinary gentlemen. And lastly, River of Ghosts, with Janni trying to leave a decent legacy by ridding the world of She and the remaining Tomanian war criminals.

It was 6 issues. The trade has the entire thing. It's complete.

Oh yeah, same.

Sweet list. Reading through it makes me wish there were American Horror Story comics. Nothing elaborate. Just one shots telling a tail of terror with a character or two.

>family-dinner.jpg

Next time you are recommending comics can you resist the urge to spoil them? Your focus on the rape scene especially just makes you sound like an edgy twat.

Jodo and Moebius

Sorry...

Pim & Francie Golden Bear Days incoming...I always post this on /x/ when there's a spooky comics thread...
>mfw /x/ calls Multi-Force "the skeleton jelly comic"

Reposting Eyes of the Cat page

This one would be awesome as an animation

Is this from a book or comic or something?

It's a comic, I suppose, but it's more like an illustrated book.

Rise of the Hollow Men from Jeff Lemire's Superboy is a pretty good adaptation of The Strange Case of Charles Dexter Ward by HP Lovecraft. The underground sequences are pretty faithful.

To each their own.
Surreal horror gets me much more than "humans are real monsters and real life is scary" bullshit.

Tell me more.

Can Jock fuck off, please?
His art is shit and when it comes to comics he couldn't build up atmosphere even if he tried.

Because it got shitcanned.

*to horror comics

1. That's not Jock
2. Get some taste, faggot.

Yeah it's a comic but it's a palimpsest of old pages, you can see stains on them, some pages are taped together and torn...someone on the Al Columbia FB page said the book (Pim & Francie: The Golden Bear Days) "feels like evidence from a crime that hasn't been committed" which I thought was pretty apposite...seriously though it's a very, very good comic (and it IS a comic, there's speech ballons etc--that's the only place where text appears--it's just there's a lotta splash pages and stuff), highly recommended, it's OOP but I think you can still get it for cover off the Fanta website...
Yeah, Al Columbia's very influenced by the Fleischer cartoons. You can see it a lot in his post-Biologic Show stuff, his anthology stories like "I Was Killing Before Killing Was Cool" and all that other great, uncollected shit from Fanta's old Zero Zero anthology...

Lel, it may not be Jock but I agree with you...I liked him when he started with the Lenny Zero stuff from The Megazine but since he started getting US work he's become the hackiest of hacks...

He asked about eyes of the cat, didn't he?

What's Black Christmas of Sup Forums?
I don't usually find slasher movies scary, but that (and I mean the original, not the shitty godawful remake with) was just terrifying.

Yeah. The one identified as from L'Incal team. best team