Justice League Dark To Release In 2018

- The Dark Universe script is going through final rewrites . The film will feature John Constantine, Zatanna, Zatara, Madame Xanadu, Deadman, Etrigan The Demon, Doctor Fate, Swamp Thing, Anton Arcane and other cameos and mentions.

- A good portion of Guillermo Del Toro's story and ideas from his old script remained in the script but Doug Liman made a few changes.

- Swamp Thing and Aston Arcane will be the center of the story.

- Enchantress will be mentioned. Her reappearance and actions in Suicide Squad disturbed the balance of magic in the world.

- The studio is aiming to start filming in July with a possible September/October 2018 release. date.

If they haven't got a cast yet, there's no way this movie will be out next year

Will based Keanu be back as Constainine?

Given the sudden amount of attention and new this is getting, if they cast within the next few.weeks it's possible

Wait what? This is finally getting made? Not sure if I believe you. Feel out of nowhere.

Will based Matt be back as Constantine?
Is Daddario confirmed for Zatanna?
Also source.

This art fucking kills me. It's good, it's not fantastic, but it's more than competent, the artist has skill, but good lord, the fucking photoshop effects look so disgustingly out of place, like someone took someone's else's art and through those on. Comics are a mess.

Another huge crossover team-up with none of the characters set up beforehand?

Didn't they have a cast in mind last year?

Is Del Toro still involved?

Hopefully they actually use a blonde Brit this time

>no source

I was excited for about two seconds and then I realized it's just a troll thread.

It's a good thing that all their main heroes films are fleshed out well and coherent enough that they can start to expand into the rich tapestry of other DC characters.

dare I ask, source

>team-up needs to establish characters beforehand
>What is Ocean's Eleven
>What is Seven Samurai and Magnificent Seven
>What is Reservoir Dogs
>What is Mystery Men
>What is Guardians of the Galaxy

Can we ban all marveldrones already?

Good sample size.

Will marvelcucks ever reecover?

None of those are team-ups of existing characters. Those are all stories of characters that only exist within those specific stories. So nice false equivalency there.
>spoiler
Except for this, and what a deep and well written cast of characters they are!

>"I love early horror films, be it The Exorcist, or Carrie, The Omen," he said. "In the same way that for Bourne Identity, I went back to '70s paranoia. I'm never going to do something that's straightforward, but I'm not going to do something campy either. I have a take on it that isn't like anything else out there. At the end of the day, I make character-driven movies."

I hope the success of IT will finally have Warner Brothers pull the R rated trigger. The lower budget the better since they'll probably Jew it up less that way.

it was one interview

>September/October 2018 release
and then Aquaman 2 months later? come on at least TRY

They're already releasing Aquaman 2?

who's set to direct?

The guy who directed Edge of Tomorrow. He's about to release a movie starring Kick-Ass and John Cena lmao

MAKE IT HAPPEN

>muh false equivalence
>one small detail because you aren't comparing something to itself changes everything

Nigga what difference does it make that the characters are already existing? How does that change anything in the need to set them up before?
Fallacyfags that don't know what they're talking about are cancer.

They'll give the role to that chick from Bladerunner 2049.

Literally who are these superheroes

Didn't we get Ant-Man in July after Age of Ultron in May?

Eiza Gonzalez will probably get it.

>what difference does it make that the characters are already existing?
That's the whole point. If these characters have their own stories and their own casts of supporting characters, them coming together means something. Shoving them all together into one big movie builds off of all that. Unless of course you shove them all together to start with, in which case none of them get any decent development or characterization and they become a bunch of 1-dimensional caricatures engaging in pointless fights and CGI explosions.
You seriously can't see that?

YEEEEEEEESSS!!! What a time to be alive!

>Nigga what difference does it make that the characters are already existing?

Exactly this. Also:

>What is Star Wars?
>What is LotR?

X-Men
Guardians of the Galaxy
Watchmen

Who's the front girl with black hair?

Zatanna.

mystery men is reddit personified

a DCuck liking this flick is instant proof that the only reason they like DC's trainwrecks is contrarianism

anyone who likes mystery men should be perfectly happy lapping up whatever bland reddit garbage marvel shits out as well

Watchmen's characters only exist in Watchmen. The X-Men characters only exist in X-Men. The Guardians characters only exist in Guardians (so far).
What is the point you're trying to make?

You just revealed how little you know about comics, but by all means, continue spouting bullshit.

>I hope the success of IT will finally have Warner Brothers pull the R rated trigger.

The success of a movie that's not out?

he's obviously talking about the cinematic universes only you moron

This would only make sense if the work is adapting 1 to 1 a team-up story that builds up from set-up characters.
But this isn't the case and it has never been the case, the movies do their own thing with existing characters. Always have, there's nothing lost by not setting them up beforehand.
Again, cannot see the difference.

>Unless of course you shove them all together to start with, in which case none of them get any decent development or characterization and they become a bunch of 1-dimensional caricatures engaging in pointless fights and CGI explosions.
Name me that team-up movie with decent development and characterization that isn't just 1-dimensional caricatures engaging in pointless fights and CGI explosions. I must have missed it.

There's no way they can make this film fast enough. What might happen is, if they do end up making this movie, it takes the December spot from Aquaman while Aquaman is fast tracked to a summer spot.

>comics
Movies. This Sup Forums. Not Sup Forums. We're not talking about the comics. We're talking about the movies. Please pay attention. The Watchmen characters only appear in Watchmen. The X-Men characters only appear in X-Men. The Guardians characters have so far only appeared in Guardians, but when they do eventually appear in Avengers, people will be excited BECAUSE we know who they are now. They won't have to spend time introducing the Guardians to us in that clusterfuck. That's how it's done.
What is the point you're even trying to make here?

> I must have missed it
Why are you arguing on behalf of doing these team up movies if you yourself admit they suck? What the fuck are we even arguing about anymore.

You seem to know an awful lot about reddit. I don't, mainly because the only times I've ever been there is chasing links I ran across here. Can you say the same? I bet you can't.

I love Mystery Men. Can't decide whether I like it or "The Specials" better as a send-up of superheroes, but I like them both better than Kick-Ass. Suck a dick.

Because the argument "team-up movies need to be set up beforehand" is stupid. It's literally the first thing I've said.

Also I like Constantine.

jesus christ why are they rushing so much.
are they really so butblasted about marvel?

You like Constantine because you've read decades' worth of stories about him. You don't like him because he appeared as part of some clusterfuck team-up.
Some guy in a suit said they've got to make some of that Avengers munny.

>John Constantine, Zatanna, Zatara, Madame Xanadu, Deadman, Etrigan The Demon, Doctor Fate, Swamp Thing, Anton Arcane
lmao the only ones Ive ever heard of are Constantine cause of the movie with Keanu Reaves and Swamp Thing cause he had a cartoon when I was a kid.

I watched Justice League Unlimited so I vaguely know who the orange devil and the magician chick are.

kick-ass is also garbage

possibly even worse than mystery men

why is there nothing but super hero movies for the next 80 fucking years who cares

deadman and doctor fate were in JLU as well

pretty sure doctor fate got some decent screentime compared to everyone else who was mentioned

>You like Constantine because you've read decades' worth of stories about him

Do you like Boromir? How about Gandalf? Based Eomer, Eowyn, or Theoden? Would you still watch a solo movie starring any of those characters?

Kick-Ass isn't garbage. Kick-Ass 2 is.

>Daddario
>Zatanna

My dick wouldn't be able to handle this. Dear god.

Also, could hollywood please fuck off, and stop ruining good things?

All of these are characters whose histories are told completely within Lord of the Rings. Justice League Dark will not tell us the complete stories of these characters. They'll be shallow and superficial. You know this, yet you argue. For no reason at all. Stop.

i haven't seen KA2, but i do suppose the first one had some strong points

it's hard for me to get over hit-girl though

Is Keanu playing Constantine?

>assuming shit
Nigga I've seen the tv show.

And that's some pretty flimsy shit you're writing there. Reading him for years changes nothing for team-ups because they're largely isolated from the character's own story arc. Unless you're talking about events, which only need set-up to explain continuity of events, in the same way a sequel is set up by the previous movie. You don't need to have read everything leading up to the event to enjoy it, much like a team-up doesn't need to set up the characters before.

You still haven't given a sensible argument as to why team-up movies NEED to set them up beforehand. Man, you haven't even given me a movie where it's done well.

> they're largely isolated from the character's own story arc
See this? This is the problem right here. The team-up is sold on name-recognition, yet these characters in the movies won't be the people from wherever we know them from. They'll be pretty much just a bunch of new people we're expected to transfer our affinity to. It's going to suck.
>you haven't even given me a movie where it's done well.
I wonder why. Could it be because team-ups are stupid?
>You still haven't given a sensible argument as to why team-up movies NEED to set them up beforehand
Because the movie is sold as a team-up between characters we're supposed to give a crap about. Why would we? Because we know them. How do we know them? Because they've appeared somewhere before. Where have they appeared before? A bunch of different places. Written by different people. Written differently. Sometimes to the point they're not recognizable as the same characters. If they're not the same characters, why do we care? I don't.

>Why would we? Because we know them. How do we know them? Because they've appeared somewhere before.
Why would you care about them during their solo movies then? It's just irrational. You can start caring for them during the team-up movie. Who says you can't?

In a solo movie you have time to establish and develop the character and their supporting cast properly. In a team-up movie there's no room to go in depth with them since you need to not only introduce them all but stick them in the middle of the action too. The movie will be too busy for its own good.

Stop acting like every last person in the theater read Tolkien. Also, you just stepped all over your entire point. We don't get Gandalf's full history in-movie, nor Boromir's, nor the Rohirrim, nor the men of Gondor, nor even Aragorn's for that matter. We get superficial broad strokes for all of them, yet you're acting as if your equivalence applies to one and not the other.

Just like Seven Samurai, right?

>Swamp Thing
>Constantine
>Zatanna
>Etrigan
>sexy swamp-witch Enchantress

This will be the first actual DC kino.

That's a different issue. I was talking about "caring about the character." The point was that somehow people aren't going to care about the characters enough to go see them in a team, but then why would they care enough about them to go see each one in a solo movie? Why do they suddenly "care" if it's in a solo movie and become apathetic if it's in a team movie? Doesn't make much sense to me.

it'll probably be ass like Suicide Squad, but I'm down for some goddamn Swamp Thing (and Constantine) adventures.

not if they fuck it up like they did Suicide Squad

Suicide Squad could have been great, could have been kino

instead, it was all go go go and no substance

why would this be any different?

You mean the audience-loved, ACADEMY AWARD WINNING, Suicide Squad?

yes, that's the one.

the one where I got HYPED for Joker scenes to be crushed and shit on by DC

the one where we are introduced to a cast of misfits and then they go go go go go blow shit up and something and then go back to jail

Thanks for your 20.50 ticket, see you in 2 years for part 2

The shitty part is, they probably will see me back in 2 years for part 2.

fuck them anyways

>The shitty part is, they probably will see me back in 2 years for part 2.
Hey don't feel bad. Suicide Squad was normie bait to balance out the kino that was Batman v. Superman. I think that their strategy of having top quality films followed by ones that will be loved by a Reddit-tier audience is a good one, as opposed to the MCU's strategy of going full Reddit.

PLEASE

You mean the story that wasn't sold as the coming together of a bunch of characters people were supposed to care about to begin with? The movie where all characters were original and only existed within the confines of the movie? The movie that was made by competent people?

Woo! I'm actually looking forward to this
Perhaps they just haven't announced it yet?

IT'S TIME

Matt Ryan is based

A movie is sold on its premise. A team-up movie is sold on the premise that these characters are coming together. The premise is predicated on people caring about who the ones teaming up are. A solo movie's premise is much stronger since it has to have more going on.

Will we ever get a John who's scouse on the bit screen..

Seriously, I'm tired of people giving DC no chances and shitting on it for every aspect

DARK?!
WTF!!
Why not Justice League Fun?
uhhgg

Oh boi, release HYPE EGINE!

Please ,Charles or Debhora or Zack The Based Attack Genius Kinogod Saviour of Capemovies Snyder, or whoever is main word in casting. PLEASE cast either Miller or McGregor as Constantine. They both fitting character very nicely.

They could use him as Nic Necro

Matt is DCCW already and according to Ezra Miller's comment and decades of DC fucking with parallel worlds left and right in comics there's a little, but still a chance of crossover between DCEU and DCCW (maybe just between Flashes, but I hope not only), so it's actually will be cool if we get all 3 actors as Constantine (Keanu - Matt - whoever they cast as DCEU one hope it's my pics) in one frame, which will be epic, MCUcks can't even dream about something like it.

Mystery Men is superior to Redditors of /MEME/xy vol: (((2)))

Isn't he doing Broadway now?

Rock is with Mammario so it's 99% she will get role in DCEU, maybe not exaclty Zatanna, but still.

And now with Cavill in MI6 (heh, just like name of Bong's special ops CIA-esque right?) maybe even Cruise will visit DCEU.

we need him back as Constantine

Not to mention that it was nearly a direct lift of all the beats from the Squad's first appearance with a couple of nods to their early comic series thrown in for good measure.

This, I will even dare to say this is was actually WB's try to cash on those sweet sweet sheckels from Disney's Marlel movies with all those 30 cuts in 5 seconds scene type of action, forgettable villain and reddit-like humor. And it actually worked (aside from critics ofc).

>early horror films, be it The Exorcist, or Carrie, The Omen
>early

good to know this shit is in capable hands

You're just talking in circles now, and it's tiresome, unless you mean to tell me you're pissed that we didn't get the Silmarrillion, the Hobbit, and stand-alone movies exploring the origins of the Fellowship before we got LotR, too.

There's more than one way to tell a story. Get the fuck over yourself.

DC is using Matt Ryan for all Constantine stuff

Aren't they putting the cart before the horse a little?

Let's see if Justice League flops or not first
(It will)

For most of us that is early Grandpa

Why is Zatanna so perfect bros?

Sadly, they probably can't use Matt Ryan since his Constantine's been integrated into the Arrowverse

>Another Del Taco's project without Del Taco

Why is he so lazy guys? Why is he now a fat mexican weeaboo?

>Let's see if Justice League flops or not first
>(It will)
"Let's see," and then immediately show bias

Looks like capekino's back on the menu, boys

>Anton Arcane

I can't wait to see him back, peak of DC films

>Etrigan

Sold
And I'm a marvel chad