Kimmel apologizes for saying all children deserve health care

WE DID IT, REDDIT
youtube.com/watch?v=SToeM55KMzU
>"I would like to apologize for saying that children in America should have health care," he stated. "It was insensitive. It was offensive, and I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=URr9Sqg1dl4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Kimmel is a fucking loser.

He's laughing to the bank

Using your children to push politics and gain tv ratings and youtube views. You should be ashamed Jimmy Kibbler. Modern late night tv is so shit. I miss Johnny Carson smoking a cigar telling nigger jokes. Fuck this generation of faggots

Okay, people need to stop go "awwww..." when their see infants and pretend like babies aren't fucking disgusting. Kittens are cute, human babies look like skinned rats

america is barbaric

that display of fake tears was fucking pathetic.

I'm so confused. How was it insensitive?

>sorry I offended you by saying all deserve to eat

He's being supremely passive aggressive.

go to bed grandpa

Dont cut yourself on that edge buddy

>Sup Forums doesn't understand sarcasm

>cry more for a lion than your own son almost dying

wtf is his problem?

It's amazing how "give jews your hard earned money" solves every problem worldwide.

Remember when comedians and late night hosts would walk out and fire off joke after joke after joke and you would laugh and have a good time. Now it's all politics and crying. Why? Because it's EASY. Writing jokes is actual work that requires talent.

FUCK DRUMPF AND FUCK WHITE """PEOPLE"""!!!!!

Sarcasm you idiot.

The point is that he used his own son as an example of how everyone should have healthcare, even though he's rich enough for none of this to even affect him.

Of course, he's being sarcastic/passive-aggressive, but that's what people were calling on him to apologise for.

All children deserve health care and you should pay for it because I'm rich and my child almost died.........AND NOW GIRLS JUMPING ON TRAMPOLINES!!!

Democucks on healthcare in a nutshell
>DO YOU LE THINK LE ALL LE PEOPLES DESERVE LE HEATHCARE FOREVER FOR FREE ON GOLDEN PLATE AND A SMILE
>Thats not how insuring people works
>YOU WANT LE BABBIES DEAD LOOK AT HIM HE WANTS BABBBBBIES DEAD

>showed a pic of his own child on the operating table full of tubes and bandages
Absolutely disgusting.

>inject personal sob story to make emotional appeal for your political agenda
>see right through it
>"OMG how dare you! His son almost died you know?"

Isn't this what's called a strawman?
I don't think anyone was saying that children shouldn't have health care.

>Rich folk shouldnt try to make poor folks lives better.

You're why we're stuck on Earth as slaves instead of out among the stars.

>Americucks will get angry and defend a health care system made by billionaires to take as much money as possible out of their pockets while delivering the least possible care as "freedom"

The only thing more funny is when they demand further tax cuts for the billionaires.

yeah but he's a comedian so you shouldn't take it seriously, he's just trying to entertain, lol you're so sensitive.
but what he said is also true and conservatards are such heartless retards

>Says nothing wrong. Does nothing wrong. So many people in this thread butthurt.

why Sup Forums? why?

>poor people would help us get to space
heh

*tips fedora*

Actually the main problem with American space funding is literally the exact same as the problem with American health care. Republican senators would rather funnel money to fat inefficient plutocrats than spend money responsibly. So Alabama controls the fate of NASA.

He's speaking to the division of humanity and how we could function vastly better working as one cohesive unit.

It's like that with Chris Pratt recently, only unlike Kimmel, he's never outright said anything negative about Trump so they assume he secretly supports him and therefore deserves support unlike Kimmel who has been mean to daddy Trump before.

>Sup Forumstards gives more proof of how illiterate they are

Americans believe that healthy and rich are blessed, thetefore universal health care is againts God's will.

It boils down to this. Make your own opinion about American conservativism.

Except their are people demanding that exact thing,

Calm down kiddo and look at all the countries who have implemented a single payer system. It's possible, it has its flaws and there are trade-offs.

They're literally the only ones that are paying taxes in the states, you inbred libtard.

You're retarded. NASA budget shrank massively during the Obama years, and the agency was mostly concerned with outreach to Muslim countries and similar endeavors rather than space-exploration.

Holy shit...you nazis are souless.

This is really going to a whole other level of retardation.

what was NASA budget as a % of GDP under Bush and Obama respectively?

No, that's black people's fault actually.
See: black protests of NASA around the time whitey was on the moon

>Republican senators
And Democrat senators funnel the money to "dem programs". Making this a partisan issue is retarded.

>again
>poor retards
>working at all
ok, kid

absolutely btfo'd by newt

>how everyone should have healthcare
I can't wait for the time were you get out of your mommy's house and get a taste of the real world.

That's not accurate and calling someone names won't change facts to fit your fox and friends reality.

The income tax accounts for around 37% of total rev and the top 1% pay around 35% of that. Notwithstanding the fact that income effects create a feedback-loop where your get rent seeking behavior, your assessment is still wrong.

Stick to simple topics and name calling.

lol you might be a psychopath just throwing that out there.

Why are liberals so smarmy? Makes my skin crawl.

can someone tl;dr this for me

are kids gonna die or not. i don't care about this "its expensive" stuff. kimmel made it sound like babies wont be saved anymore

It's because they always take the logical route if you completely ignore the economic consequences

This is the most ironic post in this whole site...

just who do you think is gathering and refining the raw materials?

>slavery should be legal so everyone can have health care

100% agree. Not like use conservatives. Btw have you seen this awesome new molyneux video yet? youtube.com/watch?v=URr9Sqg1dl4

Babies look like miniature fat bald old men

So liberals hate money (other than their own)?

It's a load of bullshit. The current plan they're working on is hardly different from obamacare, they just have to pretend It is so they can score political points on both sides while slowly pushing us towards nationalized healthcare.

>retards in this thread actually believe Obamacare was a good idea/worked and didn't just fatten the pockets of the healthcare industry instead of saving the average Joe any money
There's a reason stock prices continually soared for the industry during the rollout, they are making bank and the savings are not being passed to the consumer. Too many fucking concessions made for the benefit of those fuckers (remember "if you like your doc, you can keep him"?).
>b-b-but muh poor uninsured people
That's what Medicaid was for.

Getting rid of the safety provisions for pre-existing conditions will make it nearly impossible for most families to afford the healthcare needed. So in some cases, yes, babies will die.

Literally the only people who aren't repulsed by babies are faggots and women, which one are you?

WE DID IT MY FELLOW 'PEDES

PRAISE KEK!

>he actually believes the propaganda
>we don't have safety net programs
>everyone should have as many kids as they want regardless of their income

Babies won't die, there's a million charities for babies. There's not so many charities for poor white trash adults who can't afford health insurance. that's why they clog our emergency rooms where they can't be turned away and just rack up massive debt they never intend to pay off. It amounts to the same either way, those of us who have money will pay for those who don't, one way or another.

>accuses someone else of propaganda
>does nothing but spout propaganda.

Ok buddy.

Obama killed the monster that was Constellation, but he didn't have the balls to kill its zombie child SLS. That thing is going to literally eat the entire NASA budget if it's not cancelled. If Trump/Pence want to show they're truly different, they'll tell Alabama to fuck off and cancel that shit. But it appears they'll take the easy way and let NASA be burdened down with that monstrosity. Hopefully they at least take up the USAF suggestion to fund low cost reusability justified via military usage.

Kek

they don't understand the concept of zero-sum

if there's a problem then of course we should spend rich people's money to fix it!

there it is

a charity's existence does not guarantee funds reach the needy in time. And yes you're right, we need a better system bc one way or another we all pay.

all these parents need to do is take their babies to the ER, where they have to be treated

Then file chapter 7. That's the loophole that the liberal elite want to close. Now a normal middle-class person will have zero recourse for debt. They did it with student loans and now they'll do it to health care

You know, he could just donate a few million he has to charities or send a check to the government with the note "Use this for healthcare" and help lots of people way better than doing a sob story.

>we need a better system bc one way or another we all pay

every man pays for himself and those he wishes to pay for...what's wrong with this again?

The liberal elite?!? What? Also just filing bankruptcy is not a viable option for a lot of people and how does it not make more sense to reform the healthcare system into a proven viable system that covers everyone instead of taking the risky permanently damaging option of filing chapter 7?

>common sense
>somehow propaganda
It's like you think we lived in a hellscape before Obamacare where babies were just dying off by the bucketload and no one was doing anything about it

no children have health care

>"PAY FOR MY SON'S HEALTHCARE Sup Forums"

What do you do?

When applied nationally, the system falls apart and we end up with the same broken system we've always had.

He didn't say WHEN I have to pay

>implying the american healthcare system was even good in the first place
it was a fucking shitshow, if you want decent healthcare you need to tear it all down and start again instead of this toe in the water pandering to everyone bullshit.

>send a check to the government with the note "Use this for healthcare" and help lots of people way better than doing a sob story.

The worst thing about this is that it probably made sense in your head somehow

None of that was common sense. And no we did not live in a hellscape, we just lived in a country with the worst healthcare system out of any of the major 1st world nations.

>When applied nationally, the system falls apart

it worked fine for 200 years until we started socializing healthcare for the poor and elderly

This is what communists actually believe, amazing.

>put your money where your mouth is
Makes fucking sense to me. If he had actually donated money to any sort of cause related to this, you know he'd have mentioned it.

Just let poor and/or old people die

But it didn't work fine. It worked well enough. That does not mean we shouldn't change it in order to improve healthcare as best we can.

>it worked fine
You do know that the USA has for a loooooooooong time been considered to have one of the worst healthcare systems of any first world country right?

Of course not, but statistically it's not really much of a problem in this country, the larger problem is the logistics of getting the child to treatment quick enough. There's still enough vacine=autism-tier retards in this country who reject the help freely offered to them when their children are small and they end up terminal for an illness that could have been treated. That was the most infuriating thing about my very short stint at Children's Mercy, especially from black mothers.

>implying it's gotten any fucking better when it's gotten worse
>not knowing the actual reasons healthcare is shit in 'Murica

He asked for a comprehensive health care system that would cost him personally more money. I think that fits. Also, why bring up donating to charity. That's not the point. Charities can only help so much. It would have been counterproductive.

aye

but at what cost?

Why not just let people write to him and pay for the family that has the biggest sob story?

I never said it has gotten better, although more people are covered. I said we should improve our current system. That's inarguable. and Trumpcare is not the way to do that. It's Obamacare but worse.

then what changed?

lies

>it's a wealthy person's obligation to help the poor

Since when?

>"We need healthcare for everyone!"
>Hires accountant to minimize his taxes as much as possible

>It's Obamacare but worse

how exactly?

From my perspective as a healthy young person, being able to buy disaster insurance rather than paying $4k a year for some shit that I'll never use anyways seems like a much better deal

The only people that lose are the baby boomers that blew through all their money

Not much of a problem? It is a major problem to those affected and when we could actually fix the problem, why not fix the problem? And what does the vaccination denial retards have to do with anything? Help those who can be helped. We'll deal with the retards after.

you do realize the US has the highest cancer survival rates of any country right
the premium comes at a cost

>when we could actually fix the problem, why not fix the problem?

The "fix" will cost $32 trillion over the next 10 years. Are you willing to have your taxes quadrupled?

Trumpcare literally makes this shit mildly affordable to young bachelors like me. It's still shit don't get me wrong but fuck the alternative.
Obamacare is a straight up fucking bachelor tax that is bleeding me dry to pay for fat youtubers.