I know he's a sanctimonious, self-aggrandizing (first he compares his brother to the Unabomber...

I know he's a sanctimonious, self-aggrandizing (first he compares his brother to the Unabomber, and then himself to people with HIV/AIDS) and lacks any redeeming qualities outside of his legal expertise, but...did he really deserve to have his career completely ruined like it was last night?

One thing's for certain at the very least, he was finally able to admit that he hates Jimmy.

Yes. Everything he has done in the show was done to keep Jimmy down because of his petty hatred of him. The sandpiper case was big and Jimmy would have needed help with it but Chuck only did that more as a means to take it away from him, not out of sincerely wanting to help. Jimmy decides to strike out on his own with Kim and the first thing Chuck does is steal her hard work right out from under her because he knew it would hurt her and Jimmy. This entire incident was him doing everything he could to get Jimmy out of law. Nothing he did was out of trying to help his company but done to stick it to his brother.

It's the rank hypocrisy of it all. Like, the viewers are in a position where we can see what the end of this all is, and we know that Jimmy becomes even more crooked than he currently is. But prior to the end of the first season, the worst thing that you could say about Jimmy as a lawyer is that he resorts to cheap tricks.

He acts like the law is this sacred thing that must be protected at all costs, then he uses it as a tool of vengeance against his brother. What makes it even worse is, from the preview for next week, it looks like he's going to keep going after Jimmy, which might get him released from HHM, because Howard has GOT to be done with this shit at this point.

>which might get him released from HHM, because Howard has GOT to be done with this shit at this point.
I hope so. I'm really looking forward to next week's episode because I want to know how this is going to go down between Chuck and Howard as that incident in the court made them both look like fools.

Even beyond Chuck's very public meltdown, Kim implied that Howard only has his job due to nepotism right to her face, in from of the New Mexico bar. He has probably never been so humiliated in his entire life.

How the fuck did Howard go from being the bad guy in season 1 to being so damn pitiable in season 3?

He was never the bad guy to begin with. He only played the role because Chuck forced him into that position. I got a feeling between all this and Chuck's continual bullshit that we'll get to see the real Howard call him out on his shit.

I am so looking forward to that scene, where he finally does. I expect we'll get a very good acreencap for 'this is the moment where you can see his heart rip in half.'

I have never been happier to see a man getting dismantled in public. I hate the way they all cater to his special snowflake, oh-so-delicate genius ass. What a fucking prick.

He is right about Jimmy though. He's a monkey with a machine gun, and he needs to be removed from the legal profession.

He wasn't until Jimmy fucked him over because of Sandpiper. Worst thing that he did up until that point, as a lawyer, was try to use a couple of idiot skaters to get a client. That sign trick that Chuck was so outraged over in the court room was completely legal.

Stop getting Howard to defend you online, Chuck.

And youre only a lawyer cos of your daddy Howard.

Right? Why the fuck would they accommodate this bastard so much

It's funny how they go into full SHUT IT DOWN mode when they find out that he is coming.

>Howard has GOT to be done with this shit at this point.

Oh god I hope so. Howard is probably even more a victim of chuck's bullshit than anyone else. Think of the nice relationship that COULD have existed between Kim, Jimmy, and Howard if chuck was out of the picture

He's a partner in what we've been told the largest and most successful law firm in Albuquerque. Howard has to jump through these hoops to keep Chuck happy, or he'll pull out his stake, which would ruin HHM. And that's something that Chuck wouldn't have a problem doing, as utterly heartless as he's shown himself to be.

Chuck did nothing wrong you morons. Jimmy is a criminal that ruins the lives of everyone around him. Even when Kim hands him a job on a platter, he gets himself and her fired. He deserves everything that is coming to him.

Howard never deserved any of this

>inb4 that retard that doesn't understand what battery is shows up again

>sneaks a battery into his brother's coat, almost killing him

Jimmy and Huell should be in shackles

Chuck is technically right, Jimmy can't be trusted (as we know he will eventually become Saul)

But a lot of it is Chuck's fault, he keeps keeping Jimmy down and everytime Jimmy gets close to straitening out Chuck knocks him down again.

If he had hired Jimmy at HHM in the first place he could have kept an eye on him and guided him to being more 'professional'. And again with the Sandpiper case, Jimmy was doing legit legal work and found a huge case all by himself, but Chuck couldn't stand to let him keep it.

Jimmy is a criminal, but Chuck had many chances to prevent it if it weren't for his own jealousy and prejudice against his brother.

It's less about him being a precious snowflake and more about those close to him (Jimmy in particular) being enablers. All this has done is reinforce Chuck's delusions and make even more disinclined to seek genuine help.

That being said, for all his faults, Jimmy bent over backwards for Chuck and all he ever got in return was scorn and underhanded sabotage. I was pretty satisfied with how that episode went and honestly, I feel bad for it.

Chuck's vendetta against Jimmy is so severe and so out of control that he even involves his girlfriend! Kim worked her ass off for that account, and what did Chuck do to get it aside from have a conversation that couldn't've taken more than a half an hour. In Chuck's world, Jimmy is so awful that not even his girlfriend deserves to have a legal career.

B
R
A
V I N C E
O

>dying to a fake disease

I think from Chuck's perspective he's trying to save Kim from being hurt by Jimmy, like their father with the store.

>that shot where the camera is slowly zooming in on Chuck during his hysterical rant
>calms down and the camera zooms back out to the shocked looks on everyone's faces

Some of my favourite camerawork in television has been on BB/BCS.

>like their father with the store.
"Your wife used up all the bulls in your neighborhood already and is still hungry for the BBC? Well, of course I'll lend you the money for a first class flight ticket to Ghana, my good sir!"

I would agree if not for Fargo. The cinematography in the second and third seasons are incredible.

It's a live-action niggerwalk comic.

Huell!

Chuck should have had Jimmy shanked in jail when he was in lockup for giving a "chicago sunroof"

i was waiting for Chuck's Cuckening all series, but now i felt sorry for him as the courtroom meltdown was happening

Same for Jimmy and Kim. Ain't no one walking out of that hearing feeling good.

howard's the real victim in all of this

>Chuck explains that the flow of current causes him pain
>This is somehow disproven by him having a battery in his pocket
>even though current doesn't flow through a battery unless it is attached to a complete circuit

kim was not fired

Howard was never the bad guy, that was just a red herring for the first few episodes. He's an anti-hero if anything. Sort of like Hank or Marie in Breaking Bad.

It's like he's not content with just the respect that comes with being a kickass lawyer. He always have to have more and more attention on him. I can't wait to find out these are the exact reasons his wife left his crazy ass. Jimmy at least has a good heart and makes his own way. Chuck's just a needy piece of shit.

it doesnt matter to chuck, he treated the batteries he put in the tape recorder like they were hot coals

It's like you don't understand that Chuck has a legitimate mental health issue. We all know the electricity allergy isn't real, but Chuck is a little bit crazy and he thinks it is real. In any case, Chuck is not doing this to get more attention on top of the attention he gets for lawyering.

Chuck answered positively that he had a hard time putting batteries in the recorder. So, if that was true and his illness is not a bull, then he should've felt the battery in his pocket

>Howard was never the bad guy

Right. All I'm saying is that he was portrayed, and perceived as the bad guy.

I don't think anyone doesn't think Chuck has real medical issues. I see him in the same light as an addict, whose compulsion is destroying everything around him, and he refuses to get any help for it, insisting that he has control over his situation. If it wasn't for his pride, he wouldn't be in this situation in the first place.

No, I get that he's crazy, but it's also just the outer manifestation of a deeper flaw, sort of like Munchausen Syndrome. Chuck's found something fringe, nearly impossible to diagnose, and refuses to seek treatment for it because everyone around him enables it to greater and lesser degrees, which feeds directly back into giving Chuck the very same attention he craves.

Jimmy's tied up in it somehow, too, like he got more attention when they were kids or something, so now Chuck acts out to make damn sure everyone keeps their attention firmly focused on him, nevermind the fact that Jimmy's personable and fun to interact with and Chuck's a judgmental, superior, snobbish prick. That never enters into Chuck's calculus. He just sees other people getting attention and can't stand it, regardless of who it is, so he unconsciously manufactures an illness specifically tailored to force literally everyone he comes into contact with cater to his "special needs."

>first he compares his brother to the Unabomber
Is that supposed to be an insult?

Howard is not "pitiable", hes pretty much the only sane, well-adjusted character in this whole situation

And the only person in Chuck's life who is willing to do the hard thing and get him the help he needs is that doctor in the hospital. Everyone else, and I do mean everyone, refuses to be straight with him.

If Chuck didn't have his head so far up his ass, he'd wake the fuck up and commit himself after the debacle at the hearing. He could see it as an intervention (hell, most of his friends and family were there in that room) but he'll instead see it as Jimmy declaring open war.

You're not wrong, though he does come off as sort of spineless.

I understand why the firm would be more likely to appease him but from hospitals, to the New Mexico Bar Association, all that shit they would just tell him to fuck off

Being the person who has to jump through hoops and play family counselor to Jimmy and Chuck is pretty pitiable. He never signed up for any of this shit, he just wanted to be a lawyer, not an errand boy for his whackjob partner.

They're about to be left with no choice. He's on the verge of destroying his own reputation and dragging them right down with him. At this point, the wise decision would be to ask him to retire in exchange for them covering his treatment.

I think you're absolutely right. Jimmy's doing it because he's family, everyone else is doing it either because of Jimmy or because they're afraid Chuck will torpedo the law firm.

Yeah, the bar is probably going to have competency hearings for him because of that. Between the meltdown and the condition of his house, the man is very evidently unwell.

Yes, he deserves it. He used his power and name to ruin Jimmy's career even before it started, and he talks about defending and respecting the law while bending it, so yeah.

It's not exactly this cut-and-dried, but basically, Chuck keeps the letter of the law while shitting on the spirit of it, while Jimmy respects the spirit(for now, at least) and really doesn't give a shit about the details.

I wouldnt say hes spineless, or any of the other stuff, it basically goes with the territory, hes working with the partner who made the firm with his dad, its just a generational thing, think of him as an assistant coach on a team that has a head coach and hes next in line to be the head coach

I mean, I don't think anyone goes through law school expecting to crawl through stranger's backyards in a ten thousand dollar suit so that they can help their mentally infirm partner entrap his brother.

I get that he HAS to, but I'm pretty sure Howard had a long conversation with his dad after the hearing.

Howard got mad at Kim because he trusted her appraisal of Jimmy and got him a job at Davis and Maine where Jimmy promptly fucked everything up right?

Yeah, that's more or less what happened.

>did he really deserve to have his career completely ruined like it was last night?

Why do people keep saying this and that Chuck was BTFO etc etc?

It was repeated a few times that his personal mental issues had nothing to do with the trial.

Jimmy is still guilty of felony because of the confession.
Chuck still won. Jimmy lost. Just fucked things up with his exwife who he wasn't with to begin with.

I like how you can defend almost anyone in this show, they all have motivations and no matter how petty they are you can kind of see their reasoning.

You're missing the point. This isn't a trial. That leniency that Chuck and Howard were talking about at the end of the previous episode swings both ways. They're under no legal obligation to disregard Jimmy's mental state at the time of the crime. Their only concerns are ethical, and if they believe that Chuck's a jealous fucking nutjob who manipulated his brother into a false confession, that makes his actions look *way* worse than Jimmy's.

Chuck made the issue relevant when he had that breakdown, which completely ruined the entire case that he had. Now, Jimmy just has to keep his nose clean for a year and the entire thing goes away without any negative ramifications against him.

Let me break it down for you. Jimmy just convinced the bar that his brother is very mentally unwell, that Jimmy has been as good of a brother as possible to him, and that his brother is hateful in return and has tried to entrap Jimmy in false charges because he doesn't want him to be a lawyer. The break-in can be explained as "I was trying to get my mentally ill brother to feel like he wasn't losing his mental faculties, completely unaware that he was taping my 'confession' with the intention to destroy my legal career. I didn't act as best as I could've, but can you blame me?"

I don't think it matters if it's really fake or not fake.

The confession is on tape. He confirmed it was his voice. That's all that matters. Lock Jimmy up

Well, except for Hector Salamanca. He's just a massive piece of shit.

Are you kidding? He was emasculated by somebody else making more money than him. He has every right to act like a piece of shit.

It totally matters, especially if the man who made the confession can give you a solid reason for why he would lie. He did, and nobody in that room has room to doubt whether or not Chuck's definitely suffering from some form of mental illness, and maybe harboring some irrational hatred for his own brother.

That tape was all they had, and now it looks like a manipulative. irrationally hateful prick tricking his own brother into admitting to something he didn't actually do just to placate his mentally ill sibling.

Yeah, it always goes back to earlier events, like Hector killing Gus' partner in the first place.

You're missing the point, Jimmy has proven how much of a nutjob Chuck is so it's pretty likely the court is going to believe that the confession was a lie to help Chuck, this is something Jimmy briefly mentions at one point in the episode. So at this point everything's pointing at Jimmy being the victim in this, not Chuck.

I just believe that if anyone confesses anything on camera or recorded or written, true or not, that confession MUST be taken seriously as true
Otherwise whats the point of confessions, they should all be automatically thrown out?

And Jimmy created enough reasonable doubt to completely discount the confession. His brother covered the living room in tinfoil, completely screwed up simple paperwork, is living in a death trap and has an irrational hatred of him.

The confession is just s concerned brother trying to keep Chuck from throwing away his career in the eyes of the court.

no you fucking idiot because he is claiming that he is innocent and "confessed" to chuck in order to help his mental state. he didnt say the stuff on the tape under oath.

theres a difference between a confession that he didnt know was being recorded to his mentally ill brother and a confession under oath or to a police officer in questioning

woman detected

still has an electric field and his bullshit before explained that just a battery put into and out of a taperecorder hurt him

plus it's never enough that people just turn their phones off, thus cutting the current. Nope fuckers always gotta dramatically carry them and the battery yards away for this guy.

Yeah I think most accept he has some sort of schizo. Even his state attorney right away went into saying his schizophrenia and mental health weren't related as a defense. The doctors have used that word. I think maybe even howard used it in the beginning.

Also whatever happened to Howard wanting Chuck to be put into a mental place or sign over his rights to the firm for a pay off like in the beginning of s1?

thought chucks ex wife would testify about the phone scene at the start desu where he only got ill when he saw the phone even though it was on the whole time

I just hate him so much.

so when Jack Nicholson admits to ordering the code red on camera you take that as a confession that must be taken seriously in the court of law? the concept of "acting" and pretending on camera out of context of truth is beyond you?

He IS right about Jimmy, but that has nothing to do with what's motivating him. He simply uses that fact as justification for actions motivated by envy and petty hatred, there's no altruism here, morally he isn't much better than his brother.

Exactly. It's just a convenient excuse. Chuck's hatred for his brother goes way, way back.

I wonder. Do you think Chuck ever helped out at the store or was that "beneath" the delicate genius?

Howard was opposed to Chuck getting committed or pulling his stake out of the firm. He was treating Chuck like a full partner even when he wasn't able to leave the house.

The mentally deficient have no business being in law. The 'diagnosis' alone should have disbarred Chuck.

you have problems

he wasn't even charged with a felony you moron

I'm hoping that he uses that incident as a reality check and seeks help. At least have him go back to being a top lawyer.

I'm pretty sure this incident isn't near the bottom of Chuck's downward spiral.

He kept the diagnosis secret, made sure that no one knew what was going on because he knew it would lead to him getting disbarred.