The man in charge of telling the Avengers the government should handle superheroes literally created the Abomination

>the man in charge of telling the Avengers the government should handle superheroes literally created the Abomination

so why do people think stark was right again

Abomination is cool bitch

Does anybody actually care about this guy? We don't reference Hulk characters here.

a) Abomination wasn't a superhero

b) they don't necessarily know or believe that he was created by Ross

c) do you even Hulk, Ross never gets called on his shit, he's a walking military-industrial complex

I wonder if they're gonna make him Red Hulk.

He might as well have been an OC. He had nothing to do with the Ross from The Incredible Hulk.

I thought it was pretty cool they brought the character back. Incredible Hulk is like the MCU movie everyone pretends didn't really happen

Well actually he just gave Blonsky a variation of the Super Soldier Serum that apparently didn't agree with him. Blonsky went ahead and mixed it with Gamma Radiation and turned into Abomination. Still probably doesn't look good on your resume, but after SHIELD turned out to be half-Hydra and Tony Stark accidentally made Ultron, being partially responsible for an ersatz Hulk looks pretty good by comparison.

No, the man in charge of telling the Avengers the government should handle superheroes is literally the Secretary of State of the United States. What they're just all going to collectively go "Yeah, go fuck yourselves!" and keep invading other countries whenever they want? What if they put a warrant out for Stark's arrest? He loses control of Stark Industries, the Avengers lose their funding, they're all fugitives from the law, more vigilantes than ever, and then what? Maybe some of them die, have to kill US soldiers to escape, or get arrested, gaining them even more ill will? Who fights Thanos then?

He didn't create Abomb though, Bolonski went awol and shot himself up with gamma blood. Bolonski turned himself into Abomb, Ross turned him into the US Agent

>They don't necessarily know or believe that he was created by Ross
Technically he wasn't. He gave a guy mild enhancements, who went power hungry and sought out more from a guy Bruce Banner himself worked with.

That's because Bruce and Betty aren't around for him to act like the Ross we know.

they're supeheroes brah. they could kick ass bare naked. you think Captain America is going to let 'lack of funding' stop him when Thanos invades? also they have BP to fund them.

Because it didn't

yeah, it did.

... It didn't?

What the fuck?

They could if they do mocap with him.

The UNITED NATIONS isn't the US Government.

It was never said Ross was going to be in charge. It would be a panel of representatives from the UN

But he is a speaker of the UN.
If even their representative is such a flawed person - how we can speak about benefits of superheroes being controlled by government?
Govenment makes mistakes - independent heroes makes mistakes. So what's the difference?

president ellis is terrible. His VP tried to kill him, his first sec of state was hydra and his newest sec of state is Thunderbolt Ross.

Red Hulk when?

man the UN is just a bunch of governments poorly glued together. if the Avengers were to work for them they'd end up doing jack shit since at least one country would veto everything due to a severe case of hydritis. which government on Earth would you trust with the Avengers?

And Iron Man created Ultron and Wanda helped Ultron to the point that he almost destroyed the world. They should both be in jail. These movies don't make any fucking sense

I would trust the hell out of Latveria to make the Avengers work for the greater good.

Thunderbolts

He also, according to Agents of SHIELD accidentally let a HYDRA leader grow an Inhuman-producing operation to give himself a superpowered army, before an unaligned, illegal splinter of SHIELD had to stop it.

I just love that Ant-Man is a criminal again. His daughter must be crushed

Daily reminder that Latveria is a permanent member of the Security Council.

non canon

GENERAL ROSS IS THE RED HULK!?

>Thunderbolts movie
>First mission is to hunt down the Hulk
>Second and Third movie is also about hunting down the hulk

I'd watch it

A better question is how did that not tank his political career? I don't know what party President Ellis represents, but I feel like his opposition group in congress could have raised such a giant stink about the man because of that he'd never be able to function.

Isn't he also a fugitive now? I guess they didn't show whether he went with Cap or not, but if he did, he's basically got to hide out in Wakanda or something, right?

Do you remember the words Bucky said after the brainwashing session?

I mean he could probably just hide out at pym's

I'm pretty sure that's the point. Important people don't get punished for their crimes, they get to atone.

He had no other choice but to go with Cap. I assume they all had to go with him. The BP film was basically confirmed to be about T'Challa coming into conflict with the US government because of this because otherwise films like Ant-Man and Wasp can't happen

He didn't create the Abomination you dummy, Leader did. He just gave a guy bootleg Captain America powers.

That governments ultimately answer to someone else. If the Avengers answer to no one, they're overlords.

>governments ultimately answer to someone else

Yeah, large corporations.

Tony Stark and Cap were in it.

> Knowing the government and Stark are the bad guys.
> Upsetting the status quo of a formerly together-superhero-scenario.
> Initiating and maintaining an 'upper-hand' role through the story-arc.

Think Star Wars 4,5,6; Tony's playing a classic baddie role.
(wait for the retcon in 1,2,3)

Ross is also a fucking dumbass if he actually thinks the invasion of NY and HYDRA infiltrating SHIELD is the Avengers fault. Ross needs to shut the fuck up and reflect on the fact that he cause Abomination's rape on NY before he starts criticizing others.

He might not had physically created Abomination, but his prior enhancement on top of his current one turned Bolonski into Abomination. You can probably claim that it was because of Ross that Bolonski became mental unstable and power hungry. They gave him an untested physical enhancement for godsake. Ross is fucking lucky that it didn't killed Bolonski.

It's not even him that's weird.

>Oh hey Avengers... so, I know you stopped millions of deaths.
>And I know that less than a year ago it was revealed that the US government + previous Soviet government + untold numbers of other governments/black organizations were controlled by Hydra... even SHIELD, the guys you used to work for

>...

>but, could you maybe just let some governments order you around now?

In history Generals have been held responsible for their soldiers fucking up.

Also he freaked out when he knew Banner was tried to cure himself because he wanted to capture him and dissect him as the Hulk.

He's still a sketchy asshole.

>If the Avengers answer to no one, they're overlords
More like lawless mercenaries, they don't have the power to be overlords because they're not ruling anything.

>Also he freaked out when he knew Banner was tried to cure himself because he wanted to capture him and dissect him as the Hulk.
Yeah, I'm sure having a team of superheroes at his disposal is a dream come true for him too.

I never got this argument.

Who does the US answer to? Themselves, and general global opinion. What about with Russia? etc.

Same as the Avengers.

You can argue that the US can't impose its will completely because it lacks the power/unity, but the same is true with the Avengers.