Blade Runner confirmed to be in Alien universe?

Blade Runner confirmed to be in Alien universe?

Other urls found in this thread:

alienanthology.wikia.com/wiki/Lambert
collider.com/prometheus-blade-runner-connection/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What do you guys think.

Are they seriously trying to tie all of this together? Why? Why does all of this bullshit need to be in the same universe? Why did Prometheus have to suck donkey dongle so fucking hard? Why did Ridley Scott sell out and become such an unbearable hack?

Are they doing this so that they can franchise this shit? This just seems to be the fate of everything now: Marvel, DC, Star Wars, Ghost Busters and Transformers? The term "cinematic universe" is the most cancerous concept to ever infest the pitiful soul that is Hollywood.

>Blade Runner confirmed to be in Alien universe?

It always has been. Read pic related from Aliens.

Also there was some shit on the Prometheus Blu-ray about Weyland Corp being in competition with Tyrell or something

what's there to get? who´s that guy ?

did you niggas really take this long to understand that prometheus was primarily a sequel to blade runner and only superficially a prequel to alien? no wonder people got so butthurt about prometheus, they literally didn't know what they were watching.

>go to university
>end up as a space trucker getting killed by a bug

THANKS TRUMP

T H I S
H
I
S

Fuck off, eat shit and die

more evidence

>tfw Ridley Scott agreed for this to be made solely because he wants to expand his lore onto every film possible and then 5 more Alien sequels

wew lad

he is Prometheus

This is also in the same universe as Blade Runner and Alien

there's always been an implied tangental connection, why not?
>androids
>offworld colonization and mining

don't forget Soldier

All I know is the new trailer has finally delivered both a blade and a runner.

P U R E S T
U
T
T
E
R
Y

>Gender:Male (natural)
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

gay reddit horseshit
ridley came up with that shit 30 years later when he was drunk, doesn't count

that running shot of Ford was so embarrasing

as opposed to synthetic

>ridley came up with that shit 30 years later when he was drunk, doesn't count
And now he's not only drunk but an old and completely demented cunt who happens to be the executive producer of the new blade runner, I wouldn't be surprised if he made them shove some random Alien backstory in the production design

nope, that's obviously a replicant and not the creator/forebear/whatever aliens from fucking prometheus

>obviously
>

>Lambert
>Female (unnatural)
alienanthology.wikia.com/wiki/Lambert

The dog is like "fuck this shit"

>male to female
BRAVO SCOTT

So shes trans? Sooo confused

check this out
collider.com/prometheus-blade-runner-connection/

Hasn't this been confirmed since Prometheus?

Did you notice the silhouette shot of Ryan Gosling that is the same as the original Blade Runner logo?
L-A-M-E.

Only if you go by Aliens. Just another thing James Cameron ruined.

>Blade Runners vs Aliens

Ridley why ?

Better than that shit AVP

>Just another thing James Cameron ruined.

The only thing James Cameron ever ruined was your mums vag in 1987.

Fuck!!

Why does this piss off Sup Forums so much? Why is Sup Forums always so mad at everything?

I think this would be cool and interesting.

Blade Runner and Alien were already hinted at being in the same universe.

>OMG IT'S AN EGINEER XDD
Except it's got human skin color and it's not twice the size of a normal human. In fact there's nothing at all that suggests it's an engineer, so take your red arrow and shove it up your ass you "le ebin nerd culture conspiratist" fuck

The idea of Alien and Blade Runner being in the same universe doens't piss me off. But the absolute retardedness and over-reaching that it takes to think that's a fucking engineer does piss me off.

The Dark Knight trilogy also takes place in the Ridleyverse

This. You can already link the two with the androids.

I guess this is a thing now.

natural male master race.

As does Boy and Bicycle, his best film.

j/k

But it is his best film, he's a fucking cunt.

These are neat

This is retarded Youtube fan theory tier

>engineers are designed by humans
>engineers went back in time and designed us
>we created god to create ourselves
o fug

I'm not mad personally, I just never understand the appeal of the "cinematic universe" thing. I know other people go wild for this stuff, but I just don't get it. Little easter-eggs, references & connections between fictional "universes" must work on some kind of pleasure center that my brain just doesn't have.

To me, it usually feels like an advertising gimmick. Cross-overs, tie-ins, overt references to other movies, those types of scenes hit me on the same level as obvious product placement in the middle of a movie. It breaks my immersion in the story & ideas being discussed, by calling attention to the artifice of the whole thing.

Alien & Blade Runner are completely different to me, the ideas, aesthetics and mood have nothing to do with each other. If they spend a bunch of time in Blade Runner laying groundwork to connect the two universes, it'll be time wasted for me. Not mad, just a difference in taste

>I just never understand the appeal of the "cinematic universe" thing
probably because nobody has ever done it properly.

you're supposed to tie in a bunch of different movies and have it all come together in one super climatic ending of a movie or trilogy.

To me, one of the most convincing aspects that show they share the same universe is the way the androids act. In the original blade runner, their emotions were all over the place, they acted every bit their "age", though having the complete tools of a fully developed body and mind. Batty would smile then start crying, looking confused while it was happening when he was told that Quorra was killed. They have a fascinating longing for something intangible, and Batty explains that all they crave is time; they're suffering an existential crisis that they were never supposed to have changed upon from their implanted memories.

David in prometheus is remarkably much the same. He will cry without betraying a single other emotion, he pokes and prods at his crewmates to see how they react to several things they like or dislike, like a child experimenting with his surroundings. I've always observed that there is no doubt he was closely briefed on how androids in Ridley Scott's universe comport themselves, and no doubt he carefully researched them in blade runner. I am anticipating a much larger range from Fassbender in Covenant, because that's supposed to be the guy the David androids are actually based off of, which is another marker for how androids work in the Aliens universe, every Android is based on an actual existing person who was chosen to be replicated for various reasons that made them particularly outstanding enough to be mass produced.

>Why did Prometheus have to suck donkey dongle so fucking hard?

pic related

Nigga, you do realize that most likely less than 98% of the people who watched the trailer noticed this right? There is practically zero percent chance that this is "advertisment" or anything else, it's just an easter egg, nothing more.

>converted at birth (male to female)

Did not know this.

Wtf? I love Lambert now.

Wow this looks like it's going to be awful. Leto especially looks terrible.

Leto looks awful in this, he always seems to have an over the top "I'M ACTING" persona that is off putting.

The same shit

The movie is going to be shit, right?

It should have been Gyllenhaal