Which one of those fallen giants will die first?

Which one of those fallen giants will die first?
I know they are both le too big to fail, but surely, after years of only bad movies, SURELY its time one of them closes down.

Post your bet and explain why you picked that way.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12930282
deadline.com/2017/03/suicide-squad-box-office-profit-2016-1202052792/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

WB iw doing fine desu senpai.
Just because Snyder makes you butthurt it doesn't mean they're struggling financially.

Sony is the real dumpster fire.

this

strawpoll.me/12930282

Marvel studios will be dead by mid 2020's

Unless Disney can unload espn than it's going to fall before WB .

WB won't make it to February

They've got at least 6 Pan sized bombs this year

WB is non ironically the best film studio. Will be alive forever.

Kubrick

Nolan,

Blade Runner

lots of other classics like Matrix. Takes risks.

1930s-1950s
Grand Hotel (1932), Mutiny on the Bounty (1935), The Wizard of Oz (1939), Gone with The Wind (1939), The Maltese Falcon (1941), Mrs. Miniver (1942), Casablanca (1942), The Treasure of the Sierra Madre (1948), A Streetcar Named Desire (1951), An American in Paris (1951), Singin' in the Rain (1952), Gigi (1958), North By Northwest (1959), Ben-Hur (1959).

1960s-1970s
How the West Was Won (1962), Doctor Zhivago (1965), Cool Hand Luke (1967), 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968), Bullitt (1968), Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory (1971), Dirty Harry (1971), A Clockwork Orange (1972), The Exorcist (1973), One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest (1975), Superman: The Movie (1978).

1980s-1990s
The Shining (1980), Chariots of Fire (1981), Risky Business (1983), Amadeus (1984), The Color Purple (1985), Lethal Weapon (1987), Full Metal Jacket (1987), Driving Miss Daisy (1989), Goodfellas (1990), Unforgiven (1992), The Bodyguard (1992), Natural Born Killers (Director's Cut) (1994), The Shawshank Redemption (1994), The Matrix (1999).

2000-2010
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001), Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001), Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002), Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003), Million Dollar Baby (2005), The Departed (2006), The Dark Knight (2008), The Blind Side (2009), The Hangover (2009), Sherlock Holmes (2009), Inception (2010).

Now do 2010-2017.

BvS and Man of Steel are absolute kinography

I'm only interested in WB movies this year

2010 - 2017

Dark Knight Rises (2012), Man of Steel (2013), Gravity (2013), Batman v Superman (2016)

I seriously hope you aren't being genuine here.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm willing to bet that they won't even have a single movie this year that WON'T make a billion

this, basically. WB has a huge back catalog they can mine for remakes. And they have what, 5 mre harry potter films coming down the line in the next decade? They'll be fine.

Sony on the other hand is confirmed to be run by idiots and have no viable franchises. They're fucked.

Intersteller (2014), Mad Max Fury Road (2015), Kong Skull Island (2016)

WB shill they weren't the studio behind interstellar and Mad Max but one of the distribution companies

>Fallen giant
>WB
WB was the #2 studio last year by a mile, user. They also led the pack with regards to money earned vs. money invested. I guess Sony's hitting a rough patch, but if you're going to cry for a studio, cry for Paramount.

Now look at this year

With all the money laundering going on in Hollywood, I don't trust these stats.
This is the accounting approved, tax payed numbers. And then straight out of nowhere a company goes bankrupt, despite its official stats being okay,

>35 vs 16 films

Naw dude they've fallen hard.

They do a lot more small budget films, some of those are very profitable.
See: The Conjuring 2: Electric Boogaloo

>Now look at this year
What? Lego Batman and Kong? Both did relatively fine. Compared to other studios they also haven't released anything major yet like their DC movies, Dunkirk, It, Blade Runner or any of their trademark small indie style films that cost nothing but could hit big and make them a ton of money.

Oh wait, this is a console war Disney shill thread trying to shit on Warners because MUH MARBEL instead of containing actual information on studio health and success, isn't it? Figures.

>Oh wait, this is a console war Disney shill thread trying to shit on Warners because MUH MARBEL instead of containing actual information on studio health and success, isn't it? Figures.

Didn't mean it to be so, maybe I am misinformed. Chill.

Holy shit, are you stupid? Disney only makes blockbusters that cost a ton of money and could bomb spectacularly (Alice, Petes Dragon, etc. last year). They could hit big, but their bombs eat up their profits.

Warners is the biggest indy and small film distributor of the major studios. They specialize in small art films that cost nothing but make fucking bank. It's their trademark.

Riiiiiight

WB just had their second best fiscal year in 2016 and Sony burned 700 millions, so obviously Sony. Even Spider-Man is going to flop

They don't own Spider-Man anymore do they? It's back to Disney-Marvel hence "homecoming" they got chucked even in the title

Why is it when the financials come out that Sony movies are reported to make money Sup Forums ignores it?

As for WB, the blunders are exaggerated by marvel.

Warner Bros. is the lamest studio. All of their movies seem like they're 20 years out of date.

No Spiderman is being rented by Disney, and then the money made off the movie won't even go to Disney

Sony is a little piece of shit of a company they make the least amount of money and own the least amount of assets, they make money because their movies are so shitty and low budget like their Redisent Evil Underworld Adam Sandler shit

Warner Brothers is actually more profitable than Disney, because they have few flops and none as cathastrophic and the movies that do good aren't from franchises bought at 4 billion a piece. They don't spent $200m in marketing for every tentpole flick like Disney. Not to say that WB is an actual studio that is probably going to rake the oscars while Disney makes absolute trash children flicks

tl;dr despite what the shills say WB is a better studio than Disney

In the grand scheme of things Disney is the second most powerful media company. They have yet to muscle in on the tv industry, music industry and the cable news shekel but they're getting up there. Time Warner owns a movie studio that barely breaks even The JUST network (CnN) and HBO and that's pretty much it

>they make the least amount of money

No one in our neighborhood likes Warner Bros. We call it "Warning Bros." because the logo is like a warning that you're going to see a terrible movie.

Can you read shill? WB is MORE profitable than Disney as a studio, the movies they make are from IPs either created by them or bought 50 years ago like DC, and they do pretty well with them. And Disney is in tv alright, he has ESPN about to sink the whole ship.

So sorry shill, until they make atomic bombs like Alice flop or John Carter, WB is still a better studio

>IPs ... created by them
what like harry potter and lord of the rings

>So sorry shill, until they make atomic bombs like Alice flop or John Carter, WB is still a better studio

John Carter:
Box office: 284.1 million USD
Budget: 250 million USD

And Alice made a billion.

Movie IPs, I meant
>book rights
lmao

lmao Disney has far superior IPs nobody gives a fuck about the Matrix shit but parents will fucking buy the lion king and Mulan blu rays for their kiddies

Are we talking movies or toys here?

Both. We are talking about how much profit you can squeeze out of a product I don't think there are Matrix toys? In any case Disney owns all the toys

>John Carter:
>Box office: 284.1 million USD
>Budget: 250 million USD
>+$200M marketing budget
>only half of the gross is rental
For perspective, they had to ask the shareholders for write offs because a bomb like this would have bankrupt a smaller studio

you didn't include that
Bugs Bunny >>>> Mickey Mouse

yet, they ruin themselves with that DCshit capeshit

Whoops, I am thinking of the wrong Alice movie.

Not only are they doing great financially, but artistically WB is the studio that has won more relevant oscars since the year 2000.

Now let's guess which artistically bankrupt and about to be bought for pennies on the dollar big studio is the one that has won less relevant oscars in the same time period

Paramount.

Literally.

Damn Disney shills are getting TOLD ITT

>And Alice made a billion.
We're talking about the second one, which bombed hard last year.

Is there anything more pathetic than Disney shills? Holy shit every day with celebrating a company people have said are too powerful gaining more power.

> muh artisitcs

>WB 3 votes
I fucking knew it there were only like three or four Disney shills in this board. That's why these threads always have 5 post per IP

Man 1/4 of the posts in the thread is you calling people Disney shills.
You bring the IP/posts ratio up more than anyone else.

Hahahahaha
>Disney
>making money off its movie division

Try again dumb dumb. ESPN is going to destroy Disney if it can't fix it or get rid of it.
>bbbbutttt this movie made money
It's not enough . Not by a long shot

3 more fresh reviews than Blunder Womyn

WonderWoman plz

Sony might be fucked, they've had a large number of really big bombs the last few years. Also, nothing really that screams big hit coming down the line.

WB will be fine. They have the new fantastic beast potter movies and tons of old IPs to mine from.

I thought Disney owned Miramax and those guys used to make KINO in the 90s, why don't they try to make decent movies once in a while?

That was my first post in this thread boyo

ESPN may be winning cable, but cable is dying itself.
ESPN pays 3 billion per year to show 12 hokey games. Protip: they don't make it back.

note the position of CNN on the chart

>2015
>Expected to increase in 2016
>ESPN actually had mass layoffs in the beginning of 2017
Disneyshills not only can't read, but can't keep up with information apparently.

>WB
>Failing
Literally only Sony needs to worry, and they'll die soon enough.

lol they are losing viewers every months and the costs are increasing. Disney is literally begging Apple to bought them so they can dump that shit before it crashes their plane with no survivors

Fury Road's gotta be in there some place.

Thats on me, I disliked WB's movies the last few years, and I thought my opinion is important. Sorry.

Make it Paramount vs Sony as a race to the bottom.

They just haven't found a way to properly monetize the sports media market ad revenue since cable is on its way out and old fuckers are dying. They need to make it a digital service like Netflix and ban all streaming and youtube vids of sports period. I expcet Drumpf will help them with that

Didn't ESPN become very politicized in its attempt to be relevant,and not on Trumps side?

Some niggers decided to kneel I doubt that they got a call from Bob Iger to do it they were acting on their own nig initiative

>these triggered oscarlets
The DCEU was so profitable that they can call it a day right now, not release Wonder Woman and JL and eat the production costs and STILL be in the black. The DCEU made the same gross than the MCU in the United States in 2016, look it up

And that on top of Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, etc. WB is the kino studio and Disney is a toy factory lads, better start dealing with it

> DCEU
The only things DCEU are Batman V Superman, MAn of Steel and Sucide Squad.

Nolan shit isn't in the DCEU WB weren't even the actual studio that made Nolan shit they distributed it

Paramount's fine they have a billion dollar movie coming out this year

in fact just about every studio has a billion dollar movie this year EXCEPT WB

>Paramount missed out on having Marvel and Transformers every year to carry them

They should fund a lot more cheap stuff.

Baywatch?

What's Sony's billionaire?

as long as Zack "Kubrick" Snyder is directing for WB they will keep raking in the money

They probably think it's the Dark Tower

Also Spiderman always clears a fuckton of money they can jsut keep shitting them out

they rented spiderman out

Transformers

but they still get the profits

They are still the studio doing and distributing the new one, their deal says MArvel can use him in all their avengers movies and all the profits but Sony gets all the profits from the standalones

How does TNT command such a high price?

And guess who makes the money.

Making a billion looks great but it's not always means it's great financially wise. Any company would take Deadpool over ten Civil Wars

That's what I meant

>Any company would take Deadpool over ten Civil Wars
true but no one wants Suicide Squad

What's with the grievances against WB?

Sony I understand, but WB?

>2010
Inception
The Town

>2011
Contagion

>2012
Magic Mike
Argo

>2013
The Great Gatsby
Pacific Rim
Prisoners
Gravity
Her

>2014
The LEGO Movie
Godzilla
Edge of Tomorrow
Interstellar
Inherent Vice
American Sniper

>2015
Black Mass
Creed

>2016
BvS
The Nice Guys
The Conjuring 2
Lights Out
Suicide Squad
Sully
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

>2017
The LEGO Batman Movie
Kong: Skull Island
Dunkirk
Blade Runner 2049
Justice League

RDJ puts butts in seats, but he asks for his points on BO gross. You can see it there in participations.

WB because DC vs Marvel

Sony because jealous nintendo and pcucks

You want it over Civil War too, it was a better investment as you can see Making a billion requires spending enough dosh in marketing to buy an aircraft carrier

>Sony because jealous nintendo and pcucks
Wait, you weren't there for the Korean hacks? Sony's executive is a joke whichever way you split things.

>picture hauntingly related

>get bashed by critics and normies
>against all odds makes a shit ton of money on merchandise alone
>the critics darling with the biggest guilt trip marketing that ended up with millios of loses and merchandise that was already on clearance weeks before the movie came out

engages the electrodes of the gray matter

What is the source on this image?
Also why does it separate China from foreign?

No, Sony becasue Sony is shit. Fuck off back to Sup Forums you idiot.

Industry and financial experts
>deadline.com/2017/03/suicide-squad-box-office-profit-2016-1202052792/
>the guy actually liked Suicide Squad
What the fuck bro, that movie is only good for disney shill BTFOing purposes, no one likes that turd
>Also why does it separate China from foreign?
Same reason they separate domestic, China is very big

>Same reason they separate domestic
But they don't/

WB actually did quite well last year.

Where is this meme coming from?

>first line
>domestic box office
Are you ok buddy?

Separating Domestic from Foreign is different from separating China (a foreign market) from the foreign category, you dumb fucker. Domestic isn't slit into categories like West coast and East Coast. That's what I was talking about. domestic is just Domestic, yet they split foreign into two categories.