Other urls found in this thread:

testyourvocab.com
testyourvocab.com/result?user=9284913
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i good all english word

testyourvocab.com
Forgot to include a link to the test

21.5k words

initially most words I didn't know I recognised, but towards the end there were many I never even heard of

my vocabulary is """large"""" because the more advanced the test the more latin and french based words appear
it's easy to guess their meaning correctly

indo european cucks have it easy

feel like a brainlet right now

give (You) to comfort

JUST

(Sina)

damn

no way...

I think this is around average for native speakers.

26.800. Pretty ok for me, learned this through Sup Forums shitposting.

i got 39100
testyourvocab.com/result?user=9284913

>tfw foreigners know more words than you

welcome to england abdul

Video games and tabletop RPGs will teach you the weirdest vocab.

English is latine language

Impressive
How is it even possible to be so inarticulate?

Not bad.

Rasheed

Ok

A few of them on the rare/difficult side have greek origin so it kinda feels like cheating

I took the test twice clicking the same answers, but changing the personal information.

First time was real me, and I got 24,500 words as a male, college education, who reads a lot and doesn't read much fiction.

Second time was female, no college, reads a lot and reads a lot of fiction. It guessed 32,500 words

though I doubt this test is accurate

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

>Most native English adult speakers who have taken the test fall in the range 20,000–35,000 words.

lol what a surprise, brits cant speak their own language.

What are you suggesting user? That this "test" could biased in any way?

It literally says there to only click on the words which meanings you're sure of, not the ones you're guessing.

>anglo education

I recall being told in school the average persons knows, or at least only uses, roughly 3000-3500 words so this test seems like bullshit

>site for measuring vocabulary
>can't be bothered to use the full word "vocabulary"

Christ, I consider myself knowledgeable in english and there were some seriously obscure ones at the end there.

Normal persons use 10% of the words they know 90% of the time. Or something like that.

yo no bueno in english

>9,270 words
What a shame...

This quiz was full of french words tho, that might be why I had the edge over most here.

>35
>Academic failure living almost all life at my parents home playing videogames and reading books for over 20 years.
>can't socialize for shit
>30k words worth of English vocabulary.

this the only thing I've done right in my life.

>discomfit
>prig
> soothsayer
> sedulous
> legerdemain
> uxoricide
what kind of memewords are these?

Same here.

But I got the feeling they're basing the estimation more on your personal information than the words I knew. The personal questions weren't that accurate either.

How can Britain show their face after this thread?

t. Lived in burgerland and pic

Wtf were some of those words.
English words of Germanic origin are literally monkey-tier.

>Wtf were some of those words.
English words of Germanic origin are literally monkey-tier.
English is a Germanic language, you fucking gyronigger.

>English is a Germanic language, you fucking gyronigger.
Not in vocabulary.

>soothsayer
Just another word for a seer. I'd say it's quite common actually.
>legerdemain
Sleight of hand. Rare as fuck though, I've only seen it in one or two RPGs that were trying to sound fancy.
>uxoricide
Pretty obvious if you know any Latin. Uxor = wife.
Sedulous I think I've seen somewhere but I don't remember what it means at all. The other two are pure memewords as far as I'm concerned.

I almost checked Soothsayer because my mind defined it as a buckethead song

I only saw two of Greek origin.
Oneiromancy and Terpsichorean and didn't even know what the fuck Terpsichorean meant.

What the fuck were all those words in the last row

This is bullshit, did it again and got different words, and changed some of my schooling options. Now it's 16,2K.

haha…
(´・ω・`)

71% and dropping
Who's the mutt now? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

fug

Anyone who uses a word like "legerdemain" is a pretentious bellend

Same here.

what's the point of knowing some of the """"advanced"""" useless words?

There's none. See

>bellend
BIG WORD EVERYBODY
BIG WORD

Bullshit. It's a question of context. Want to limit the contexts in which you can roam around, feel free.

To add flavour in literature.

Only knew leitmotif because I used to listen to a lot of opera

Wew

>How is it even possible to be so inarticulate?
delete

t. non legerdemain

>not scoring at least 30k

you are literally a mutt

feeling like a brainlet tbqhwyf

t. reader of things

Anything higher than this I would consider cheating or English major

Honestly, I wouldn't score me so high.

Did it before and got 31,000, because many advanced English words are the same in French, and my vocabulary is very large in French

test has loads of french and even italian words
do not know what legerdemain means though

these are self-reported results user, most people here no doubt confuse "knowing a definition of" with "a vague remembrance of having heard"

20k, good enough for me

>mfw br monkey knows more then i do

33k here time to kms

t. hasn't played 1st edition DnD

just read more