/whatthefuckscott/ general

>"They wanted to do Alien, er, Awakening - Neill Blomkamp", he explained in the latest interview. "I said fine. I was going to be the producer. If I could have, I would have. Except I do question - why have both [Blomkamp's Alien and Scott's Alien] out there? It seems like shooting your big toe off - it doesn't make sense.

>"But they didn't go forward with it, Fox, so I just kind of kept out of it. I mean, I'd literally ignited this thing to bring it off the ground again, because it was lying there dormant on a shelf. I had this thing to bring it back up - but here we are."

ign.com/articles/2017/05/09/alien-covenant-sequel-will-begin-shooting-within-14-months-says-ridley-scott

Basically Blumpkin had a better idea about the Alien franchise and this lit a fire under Scott's ass so shut that shit down to make four more origin/sequels. Christ Scott.

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0418279/
youtube.com/watch?v=d8LJSuO4aXA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>blomkaps fanfiction soft reboot
>better idea

Hahahaaha

How would you not kill yourself seeing another Alien by Scott. He literally does not care anymore these are just cash cows to him.

Prometheus is better on every level than every other film in the series but the original.

It's also completely original and it triggered alien babies because if that

Blumpkin released some shitty concept art and that was pretty much it. The guy's a hack, D9 is his best work and that is overrated garbage enjoyed by redditors. I don't want him anywhere near the Alien franchise because with him shitty style.

Fans of alien dodged a bullet, now we actually have a competent director once again involved in alien.

OP is a dumb redditor, and needs to go back to where he came from.

/thread

retard alert, prometheus is for the same crowd who thought interstellar and inception were profound

>he complains about the running scene

Thank fuck Blomkamps retconning fanfic Aliens 2 didn't get greenlit.

>I didn't understand Prometheus

Perhaps this is more to your capacity:
imdb.com/title/tt0418279/

So does this mean that shitting Colonial Marines is also not canon now? If so, THANK FUCKING CHRIST

Prometheus is great and those other two are shit.

The fuck do you mean he doesn't care? He had the balls to literally rip this delicious career opportunity out of Blomkamp's hands and take the franchise back for himself. When faced with the same situation, George Lucas sold all his shit to Disney. Ridley Scott has made four great films and a ton of good ones; meanwhile Blomkamp made one decent movie, and then remade it twice at a lower quality.

I think every character acting like drunk teenagers despite being scientists was worse. Also this was some of the thinking that went into the film:
>We definitely did, and then we thought it was a little too on the nose. But if you look at it as an “our children are misbehaving down there” scenario, there are moments where it looks like we’ve gone out of control, running around with armor and skirts, which of course would be the Roman Empire. And they were given a long run. A thousand years before their disintegration actually started to happen. And you can say, "Let's send down one more of our emissaries to see if he can stop it." Guess what? They crucified him

Prometheus was ok, Inception was great, Interstellar was awful.

>I'm autistic and don't know how humans interact

>I'm a doctor in biology and on an alien planet, better take off my helmet and start touching shit

>what is pioneer spirit

Original with what? Spoonfeeding non alien babies? Yeah Im semi triggered because the movie ruined the mystery of the franchise.
>the space jockey and crashed ship on LV223
>Ridley: dude wait that wasnt the original space jockey that was just foreshadowing for muh ALien
>dude engineer was probably christ
>dude I read Paradise Lost
>dude make sure we blanatly give deep existential statements at random so people can understand

Let me get one thing clear I didnt imply Blumpkin should direct it but he probably had an original idea that would shit away three and resurrection. If anything he should just pen it, scott cry in the executive producer and get someone whos capable of directing movies.

And yeah he doesn't fucking he literally wait for someone to hand him a script and if has nothing to do with god or countless potholes that'll be explained in the next 4 movies he wants nothing to do with it.

How the would that apply to extra terrestrial worlds? Oxygen or not no ones stupid enough to do that.

>competent director
wait till you see covenant user.

>retard alert
>says the guy defending the director of Chappie

And let me clear. I didn't say I think the Prometheus/Alien prequels are necessarily a good idea, nor do I think Prometheus is a great film (though I do enjoy it), but I appreciate Scott for how he handled it. I disagree that Blomkamp had an original idea. He probably had the same one he had the last three times: some bullshit about human and/or alien class and/or race conflict in a dystopian cyberpunk environment.

Original? It's the exact same b-movie plot as the original and lacks any subtlety. Every Sci Fi and their dog asks the old 'Where did life come from?' question.

This. I'd rather have Jordan Peele direct an Alien movie than fucking Neil Hackkamp.
Do I need to remind you guys of District 9? It's literally Avatar with Apartheid instead of Pocahontas.
Pure fucking trash.

>The film stars Michael Fassbender, Katherine Waterston, Billy Crudup, Danny McBride and Demián Bichir, and follows the crew of a ship that lands on an uncharted planet before making a terrifying discovery.

Wow, what a great idea. We've never seen this one before.

Just finished watching the latest trailer for Alien: Engineer Extinction. Did I like it?

youtube.com/watch?v=d8LJSuO4aXA

that looks absolutely FUCKING terrible, oh my god

>starts screaming before she even saw the xeno

>Scott
>Competent

Pick one.

This engineer mlarky is bullshit, nothing had to be explained about our background or even the xeno.

Alien was scary because we knew nothing about it and it was ruthless.

Just out of the cinema
-The CGI was shit at some part
-Neomorph was under exploited
-Big WTF SCOTT Scene with David and a baby xeno
-Promethean literally disapeared

What the fuck half of thoses scenes were not in the movie

nice user, can you make a more detailed synopsis?

Prometheus was only good giving a feel for the biology of the AVP universe.
That said, I enjoy it nonetheless.

>A Genius new captain of a crew hear countryside music on the radio in the middle of nowhere land in nowhere system, he decide to investigate and shit happen

The movie itself is a good horror movie. But you don't get the answer of prometheus with the whole part of God, creation and who the fuck are the engenieers
You also don't get the answer about the xenomorph. The one you see in covenant are not the same and also not created the same way.

As for the neomorph, it looks great in it's adult form but the CGI was really bad for the baby.
It's under exploited because you only see it for the first half of the movie. The death is kind of retarded
Xeno CGI Scene is really bad during the birth scene. Scott also decided to do the scene ridiculous. Alien stretching in front of based david doing the same. Looks like they are praising the sun and shit.

Prometheus > Alien 3 > Alien > Aliens > Alien Resurrection

You Alien fanboys have ruined this sequel to Prometheus with your peanut sized brains, this could've been the best trilogy ever made.

Blowcamp Alien > > > Prometheus 2

Sad!

how do they kill the aliens?

whats up with shaw?

who is final survivor, and does david step in for walter?

Blompkamp is a hack. District 9 was great but I'm convinced it was a fluke.
Scott is also a hack, but he has impressive ideas somewhere in there, and regardless Alien is his property and if he wants to be the one to drive it into the ground that's his right.

What the fuck was up with David and that other robot "fingering"

Did they fug??

lol