NERD CULTURE IS THE PRODUCT OF A LATE CAPITALIST CONSPIRACY DESIGNED TO INFANTILIZE THE CONSUMER AS A MEANS OF...

NERD CULTURE IS THE PRODUCT OF A LATE CAPITALIST CONSPIRACY DESIGNED TO INFANTILIZE THE CONSUMER AS A MEANS OF NON-AGGRESSIVE CONTROL

He was right, and I think his continuing to transact in that culture, as though it were inevitable, despite knowing better, is reprehensible.

>says the star trek fan

So, what's Star Trek Beyond then?

True.

He isn't talking about the media itself. He isn't saying enjoying the associated genre media is bad.

He's talking about the producers ordering all the shitty sequels and reboots based on consumer trends and product placements.

What he's saying is that it used to be his little club, and although he now gets bigger budgets, he doesn't get the creative control he wants.

There's no big fucking conspiracy behind nerd culture.

It's just the natural evolution of capitalism, love it or hate it.

Why is the MCU so organized then?

>late capitalist

I hate Marxoid nu-males. It's not a conspiracy that you're an infantile weakling, that's just who you are because liberalism told you that strength and self improvement are fascist and evil

>strength and self improvement are fascist and evil

what are you even strawmanning?

Nerd culture is just another manifestation of the ongoing glorification of brainless consumerism. We live in a world in which adult men clap when they see a 10 minute clip of a CGI baby tree dancing on screen. This kind of infantilization and detachment of praise from artistic merit works very well for plastic manufacturers, because that stupid goy creaming his pants when he sees a trailer with a Led Zeppelin song is the kind of retard who will spend thousands upon thousands of dollars in merchandising.

Nerd culture brings the concept of "pride" to the act of buying useless shit. The humor by references so preminent in Marvel movies and Big Bang Theory is the kind of shit that makes the manchild, who's now working but single or, in any case, childless and with lots of disposable income, proud of being part of the select group of manchildren who understand the reference. The only way to get into this group is spending money. Nerd culture is short term capitalism and cultural dominance by a few companies, mainly Disney, becomign self-destructive in the long run. By expanding the realm of "teenage" from it's original 10 to 20 years, to the current 7 to 35-40 years range, they get a massive consumer base composed only by emotionally stunned losers who will never produce anything of value. No one does when you're a teenager. Nerd culture is the cancer that's killing western culture, anyone supporting any of these movies is an enemy of the eurocentric culture that has brought the longest and best era of peace and prosperity to human kind in its history.

As a fascist with a fairly well-hidden power level, this is one of the issues I agree with marxists on, the capitalists in the movie industry ought to be stopped in that they have no one's interests in mind other than their own when they put out garbage. It's not a conspiracy, it's just unchecked capitalists forming a monopoly on a very important aspect of American culture, which is fucked up.

>nerd culture
>nerd
>culture

u wot m8

liberals literally hate self improvement. Theres a reason they always go to "BUT MUH SOCIAL CONSTRUCT, MUH PRIVELEGE, MUH LET DOWN BY SOCIETY" whenever someone tries to imply that individuals have a responsibility for the shit they're in (blacks in america).

I think we're all in agreement that the expansion of nerd culture with it's Superman snapbacks and Tardis in Mordor graphic-tees is the worst thing to happen to the 21st century.

>every penny, literally every penny Simon Pegg has ever earned has been made pandering to nerd culture

CUNT

>CONSUMERIST CULTURE IS THE PRODUCT OF A LATE CAPITALIST CONSPIRACY DESIGNED TO INFANTILIZE THE CONSUMER AS A MEANS OF NON-AGGRESSIVE CONTROL

ftfy
love jesus

On an unrelated note, what has happened between Nick and Simon? Are they still friends?

He's completely correct.

>I want strength and self improvement so let me watch my babby films

Nick died a couple years ago...

>only have hammer
>everything looks like a nail
checks out

First time I ever liked what Stephen Fry has said