So, legally and realistically, what was in store for detective Mills after all this...

So, legally and realistically, what was in store for detective Mills after all this? I imagine the prosecutors would understand, and be gentle with him, right?

Crime of passion. I don't think he would get any jail time but he'll lose his job and be stuck in therapy for years.

>it's his wife's severed head
>not the unborn baby

Good question. I feel at the very worst if he did get jail time, it wouldn't be for too long, and plus they have special prisons for officers.

Regardless though he would need a shit ton of therapy, and like you said im sure prosecutors would go easy on him so itd probably be a slap on the wrist and hed have to resign.

So Sommerset's line "If you kill him he wins" doesn't mean much, because it makes no difference. He would have quit the job forever anyway. John Doe didn't win shit but a pissing contest.

If Morgan Freeman was cool they probably could have lied about what happened

This

Could just say Spacey lost his shit and went for the gun, no choice but to ventilate his head

Its not like john doe wanted to get shot by mills because he was trying to break him like a batman/joker situation, he didnt care about corrupting him or getting him arrested or losing his job. He wanted to finish his seven deadly sins, so if Mills didnt shoot him then he would have lost cause he didn't complete whatever dumb shit he was trying to prove

Except the helicopter guys saw him and they had no context of what Spacey said, retards.

they had swat watching them in a heli with binoculars/scopes. Unless he talked to the officers about what happened and had them play along then yeah they could've played it cool in that sense

not only they saw it was being recorded by the helicopter camera

Spunk

That's not how real life works, retard.

was john doe autistic?

Brad Pitt has a small penis irl

the option of a light sentence or time in a mental ward

>So Sommerset's line "If you kill him he wins" doesn't mean much
if Mills didn't kill him then there would not have been a wrath, or punishment for envy.

probably back in 1996, today he wouldn't stand a chance and would get life

At least 10 years in a high security prison.

>is a serial killer fucked in the head
we will never know

Killing an unarmed prisoner, executioner style, basically point blank in the face wouldn't get you a slap on the wrist. Jail time, although minimal, obviously likely.

Unless John Doe was black then he'd get off with paid leave of absence. I haven't actually seen the movie.

That's an interesting point you bring to the discussion...
HOWEVER

Proper procedure:

>OIS (Officer Involved Shooting) investigation
>Full suspension during
>Assigned lawyer by police union rep.
>OIS investigation concludes Unlawful Death
>Officer arrested and will face trial for murder; 2nd degree.
>Lawyer will plead extenuating circumstances and walk conviction to 5 to10 years instead of 25 to life.
>Officer will plead guilty to murder 2 and take the deal.

Out in 5.

Obviously he'll have to quit the force and lose his pension. He'll probably work Bodyguard detail or become a P.I. because of his cop contacts.

Highly unlikely he'd receive any prison time given the extreme circumstances.

more like just shoot himself in the head after months of just drinking and beating up crackheads whores

STUPIDEST

FUCKING

SHIT

EVER

HURRRR WOW JOHN YOU HAVE BECOME THE DEMON NOW YOU TRULY ARE SE7EN

WOWWWW BRAVO

ANY REAL PERSON WOULD HAVE SHOT DOE IN THE BELLY AND LET HIM SUFFER, EVEN IF ONLY FOR A LITTLE WHILE. MAYBE KNEECAP HIM FIRST

BUT HURRR NO IF YOU KILL HIM HE WINSS SO IT HAS TO BE A HEADSHOT

Seriously watch that smug little faggot quip with a bullet in his belly. he'd be moaning and groaning like a stuck pig i tell you

John Doe needed to punish himself for his sin of envy.

Uh, that's still murder. And it would be all over the headlines. He'd be going to prison.

>So Sommerset's line "If you kill him he wins" doesn't mean much
It's the same shit that cuckold Justin Trudeau about "if you kill your enemy he wins" said.
I even bet that cuckold numale faggot got that idea from se7en.

It's still 2nd degree murder and he'd have to plead it out.

Probably the only way he'd not get jail time is if the trial took 2 years and they gave him time served. That's extremely doubtful though as the press would be all over the case like a cheap suit. Stoking up anti-cop sentiment. Trying to get him the fucking death penalty.

Like I said he'd plead out and go for his 5 to 10. I would.

Still murder but I think it would be extremely difficult to find a jury that would be willing to send the poor guy to prison.

Based on my extensive legal training (that being watching just about every episode of "Law & Order" in syndication), I would say Brad Pitt, Detective David Mills, is guilty of manslaughter. It is clear that the execution of the defenseless John Doe without benefit of trial in a court of law is, by definition, illegal. If prosecutors were to proceed to indictment, it would likely not be for the crime of murder. More likely, the charge sought would be "voluntary manslaughter," defined as killing with intention to kill or to cause serious harm, but with mitigating circumstances that reduce culpability - in this case, extreme emotional distress. Given these particular circumstances, however, Detective Mills would have an excellent chance of being found either not guilty, or not guilty by reason of insanity at trial by a jury of his peers. It is also quite likely he would not even be prosecuted given the extreme circumstances under which the killing occurred. However, a State's Attorney or District Attorney should pursue charges, as a clear violation of the law has occurred, regardless of how sympathetic or understandable the context.

Are you the guy that said he hasn't actually seen the movie? Jon Doe is played by Kevin Spacey. The media would be 100% on the side of Mills if this were reality.

in the original script he was given the electric chair, but that seems too fucking goofy and trying to be dark

Witness the power of the press in whipping up "public interest" irl. The cop wouldn't stand a chance at a trial in the real. He's a white officer MURDERING a suspect.

They wouldn't be able to execute him fast enough.

It's your typical Hollywood faggotry because you can't show vigilante justice and torture.
This really triggered me when watching Sicario how Del Taco quickly executed the family of the drug lord faggot and him within seconds.

John Doe was a white male serial killer though. That's the flaw in your argument.

not after the press disclogsing all the murders and how he did for avenging his pregnant wife of his unborn kid.

Americans would tear up the prison.

the helicopter pulled back because of all of the power lines in the way if I remember correctly

No, I've seen it.

You're right, public opinion would be on the cop's side. Right up until the ACLU got involved. Then the story would change and he's suddenly just on his way to coach a little league game after buying some skittles and mountain dew.

We've seen this shit before.

A-are you just baiting to keep the thread going? I don't get it.

Really he should have shot Doe and then himself. The deed doesn't make as much sense if he doesn't die. Also ideally the wife should have been be part of the seven (though killing an innocent could be seen as part of his 'envy' sin)

All John Doe would have to do is have a note on his body saying he was transgender and Mills would be going away for life.

It's transphobic to call xer a killer. Xe didn't know what xe was doing because mysonginy. Or the wage gap or something.

not him but I dont think he is baiting. especially if the guy was responsible for 7 muders (the first 5 sins, plus Mills wife and unborn) the public would want John Does head on a platter, Mills just did the job before they could. People can sympathize with a murdered spouse because it transcends race and other politics.

From now on we should agree to discuss this scenario as if it was 1995 when the movie was released.

On top of that, I'd like to think Somerset spoke at a press conference and asked for an outpouring of sympathy for Mills. Checkmate .

Was John Doe Mexican?

His brutal style is similar to those of Mexican cartels.

No shit.

nah id put him in the same category as Anton Chigurh from NCFOM, a deranged man with a skewed perception on morality and ethics.

>get BTFO
>i w-was just p-pretending to be a r-retard

Fuck off.