Did JJ originally intend to blow up Coruscant?

Did JJ originally intend to blow up Coruscant?

It's a metaphor for removing any evidence of the prequels

Blowing up Coruscant and making that a bigger part of the story would have been 100000x more interesting and impactful than what we got.

>destroys one planet and all of its moons

I thought they blew up random planets. I didn't even know Coruscant got fucked up.

It didn't

At least that world will remain open for the opportunity for a better director in a better time to revisit it. I think a small part of JJ knew he was a total hack so he avoided doing anything that would seriously impact the world of Star Wars.

yes but they turned it into a random city planet because they noticed in editing that the scene has zero emotional impact.

How did Han and the gang see that explosion? Was that cantina in the same solar system?

Probably, but Disney didn't want to upset prequelbabbies

DOESN'T MATTER

HOW THE FUCK DID FINN SEE THAT FUCKING BEAM FROM TAKODANA WHERE MAZ'S CASTLE WAS. AND HOW THE FUCK WERE SO CLOSE TO EACH OTHER?!?!?! Fuck that part of the mocie is probably one of the dumbest Star Wars moments ever.

Ahh, I misread the thread then.

The Republic capital changes every so often in this new Republic. The planet that got blown up wasn't Coruscant, it was the current capital at the time of the attack.

The scene is meaningless because we have no idea how many planets are in the Republic and how many planets the New Order has at its disposal

The dumbest part was the final scene where jj thought it was a great idea to have a spinning helicopter shot in star wars. What a fucking cunt.

>spinning helicopter shot in star wars
>people in the theatre clapping and shouting their heads off with praise
>mfw

Technical choice vs. Plothole of solar system proportions

>spinning helicopter shot
I couldn't stop laughing because it was that bad. Why didn't they just go with a zoom out shot or even an iconic still shot like the other films? Hard to believe that this guy actually had the nerve to say that he knew what made Star Wars what it was.

>tfw never noticed that brief moment she looks into the camera before
Hhhnnnnnnnngggggg

JJ has an awful sense of scale. Hyperspace traveling weapon blast, instant hyperspace, planets so visible to one another that you can almost see the people waving at you.

Also: Planet sized weapon that consumes a sun for power, yet has no means to travel to another sun after the current one is all used up.

a story for another time

How many solar systems do you really need to destroy?

I actually kind of thought this as well. I don't think metaphor is the right word though.

Was that Freema Agyeman?

This. Also, if the weapon was in the same solar system, wouldn't the republic planets be able to see it? A planet with a giant gun in the middle is kinda hard to hide. Also, why blow up the planets at all? Absorbing the star would wreck all the other planets anyway and they could use the star's power for other shit.

I was dumbfounded when I saw that. Like I couldn't believe that shot with Luke not saying a single word was the ending

The opening line of TFA was also a metaphor for that.

>if the weapon was in the same solar system
it wasn't, starkiller base can fire across the galaxy.

That's retarded

>gets mad at Finn for running away at maz's castle cantina
>touches a lightsaber in the castle's basement and immediately runs away
what a fucking cunt.

>Also, if the weapon was in the same solar system
Imagine being this retarded

Star system*
Whatever it's late here.

who is that coked up bitch?

I'm sure JJ will take the advice of some NEETs on an imageboard and avoid that mistake again since 95% of the audience were probably just plebs.

what was your favourite moment from tfa?

this was mine

Is he an old Jar Jar?

>95% of the audience were probably just plebs.
You got that part right.

It's JJ, of course it's retarded.

That's stupid

No just a doctor who alien

>Senate of the the Universe
>7 humans, 1 shit Disney alien

I fucking hate JJ

Agreed, that was an extremely dumb move on its own, but it's made worse by the fact that they never fucking showed the New Republic in any capacity besides getting fucking nuked. No character is even associated with it.

When the death sticks hit.

It was totally-not-coruscant. Earlier in the movie you had a totally-not-hoth and a totally-not-tatooine as well.

I think JJ read the script at one point and honestly felt a little bad about how unoriginal it was, so that's his idea of fixing it.

is this the new star trek?

>Could've had a movie where the rebels actually weren't just a rag tag group of 8 Xwings
>Nope, shit dick JJ blows up the Republic planets and we're back to a rag tag group of 8 Xwings

LOL I saw it as a metaphor for removing any evidence of truth and a good movie

JJ would never do that, he only likes original settings like Jakku, which is like nothing we've ever seen before

Ayo hol up, that's the chick from Sense8?

Isn't that a Bothan?

Kinda wish they didn't mention the clones and the prequels could be not cannon.

Hayden Christensen is probably a force ghost in the sequels.

naw its the chick from 28 Days Later

>beat the world-destroying death machine only after it has already killed tens of billions of people
>celebrate likes it's some big victory

This is honestly my biggest problem with 7.

>Poe blows up Starkiller base
>Everyone congratulates Rey

They even mention "the Republic fleet" being there, so they lost the bulk of their navy too.

that's like saying no one should've celebrated V Day because of all the people that died in WWII

It'd be more like the Japanese celebrating Hiroshima the day after if they shot the plane down

Sure, but this fictional event is of a vastly bigger scale.

Why is the Resistance called the Resistance if they're directly affiliated with the New Republic, the main ruling entity?

Nah, this would be like if Bush caught Osama the day after 9/11 and then everybody threw a a big rave in Times Square.

Bothans look like this.

He's lit

They just changed the names, numbers and race and gender of two characters and remade ANH. Kasdan lost it, or possibly never had it, when all he could muster is a carbon copy of the one SW film he didn't write.

Because they're a bunch of SJW cucks that want to feel like they're tough hombres for fighting the alt-right neonazis by virtue signaling their predecessors (the Rebellion, the Resistance), the people who didn't sit around passive-aggressively tweeting and reposting clickbait on Facebook but watched their friends die screaming in agony trying to put their guts back inside themselves after being torn apart by actual Nazi shrapnel on Normandy beach, just like the alt-right is trying to virtue signal that they're tough hombres who are going to save the galaxy from degeneracy by passive-aggressively posting nigger nigger nigger nigger and gas the jews on an anime message board while *their* predecessors actually got shit done by getting into vicious gang fights in the streets of Berlin and Rome and enlisting in the army to fight against the world.

JJ and Lucas have a lot more in common than you might think when it comes to poetry.

Because resistance is not defined by power or governing rule. If a governing body uses their power to deny anything, it's resistance.

That being said, the name makes no fucking sense unless they're an unaffiliated rabble who the Republic ignores, otherwise they should be a Squadron with a numerical callsign.

TFA is a shit movie sold to mass appeal.

I liked when they got the old Anakin lightsaber, the one that was used to kill children and fell off the thing into the abyss. It's just here now because fuck you and fuck you

the republic has its own army. rebellion is just a general separatist movement label that includes the army.

and the original star wars sold to mass appeal by paraphrasing B-movies and adventure serials that came before it.

LOL. That would require work though. Hah get a load of this guy. Could you imagine the actual thought required to make somehting like that? You thiunk they ahve time to actualyl wput in effort to male somethign good. FUCK YOUY

This scene is why start wars is fucking retarded. Why would a super advanced civilization just fucking blow up a bunch of planets and lose all of its resources? It be more realistic is they unleashed some biogen's on the planets

We aren't going to rely on old imagery. This is new. Cut to scene of young desert person in xwing helmet sitting on atat beside downed star destroyer with xwing pilot toy and 2 settings suns.

thank you! fucking someon eelse picked up on this.its like jar jar abrams needed her to get kidnapped by kylo ren so they can share that mind rape scene, but couldnt think of anything better than having her run off into the woods with no purpose. fucking guy gets paid millions and thats the best he could do. tfa went to shit after han shwed up, and really went to hell after the cantina rip off.

Tarkin wanted to blow up hippie planet leia was from, then use fear to keep everyone in check.

This new movie was a facimile. Everyone involved was acting like people who make good movies. LIke they thought they should, but they lacked a good philosophical education to understand what it means to make art.

you must've missed the other films where they built two fucking death stars to do the exact same thing.

Its really sad.The Death Star wasn't a threat for what it was, but what it represented. It wasn't capable of simply destroying any planet they wanted whenever they wanted. In Theory it could, but in reality it could not. However, it was more like having nukes vs a nation without nukes.

Starkiller base is far too powerful...and too easily defeated. The entire premise of Ep.4 is getting these plans to the right people to remove the fear of opposition. Planets would not help the rebel cause if they could simply be annihilated for doing so. Starkiller base is this poorly protected god cannon? It's just so...... shallow.

are you typing with your 3 inch stub of a cock or something?

>destroy planet sized station responsible for the destruction of several planets, with this

Before anyone mentions ANH, that was exploiting weaknesses of the death star like it being designed to fight large fleets and not small fighters and required one of the pilots being a force user. The New Order no doubt knew of this weakness and would have designed their enormous planet base to counter this.

Not too mention that destroying the star for any system would already destroy any planets in rotation, leaving no need for a weapon

Such a handsome lad, our Admiral Aygo.

the rebellion fights with foxholes and ragtag strategies. Their asses had to be saved by fucking Ewoks in ROTJ for god's sake. they don't big dick their way into the situation.

Probably cause the Empire keeps building massive superweapons. You can't actually fight fire with fire.

sideways one handed on a laptop while watching modern family. also full of nerd rage about the force awakens

kek

I'm not saying they needed to big dick their way. I'm saying it was retarded how easily they destroyed starkiller base when they used less people than was required in the battle of endor. They didn't even have a force user in their attack force.

Shhh...
Every stanza with the next.

I miss george.

Art is made great by passion alone. Tommy Wiseau made a great movie in spite of his obvious disabilities. He hated women so much that he crafted beauty.

Making terrible work, is actually tremendously hard. Making good work is hard.

But making truly boring work. That is easy. You need to separate yourself. Have pride, hubris to look down on the material. To not respect what has come before nor have the thought to try to understand how forebearers came to conclusions.

George Lucas in spite of his impotence and only being outdone by jonathan frakes for lack of a chin, was able to make a work of art while being severely constrained by outside forces, and the better for it.
When he shed his constraints for the painfully dumb episode 6, his chinless dickless urges took over and we had filth on the screen.

JJ Abrams has no constraints. There is no writer or producer to say, why is the falcon there?
Why does this tie fighter have 2 chairs and a tether?
Why can I see that planet blow up?
Why did you let Harrison Ford, the talent, influence the story?
Why can we all laser sword fight?

When one becomes alive they see the reasons for being through thought.

THIS THIS THIS THIS REEEEEE

I think this post pretty much nailed why I fucking hate these new movies.
No longer will we get to see a menagerie of crazy looking aliens and puppets. We'll get to see maybe a quick one here or there but the rest will be lol NIGGERS N WOMYN U GUIZE CMON IT'S 2015!!!
Fuck Disney Wars.

This

Starkiller base wasn't as populated or protected because one, it was a hollowed out planet, not a complete military base, and two, this is post-Empire. The First Order are a separatist neo-Empire group that is (preumably) smaller than what we saw in the OT.

Plus they had more people working on taking it down than in ANH. They had a mission to disable its shields, Han and Chewie had a mission to bomb the structures inside, and Poe had a mission to fly inside and deliver the payload.

It was a more complex mission that had to have more people work on it.

NOT
CANON

I'm pretty sure hollowing out a planet and turning it into a star system killer is not feasible for a force smaller than the OT Imperial force

>why is the falcon there
it was junked. Jakku is a junker planet.

>Why does this tie fighter have 2 chairs and a tether
co-pilots exist?

>Why can I see that planet blow up?
literally explained as being done for narrative clarity. don't be this autistic.

>Why did you let Harrison Ford, the talent, influence the story?
because he wanted to die. that's a great lead for a story and proved to be a good surprise (for people who didn't spoil it for themselves the day of release)

>Why can we all laser sword fight?
this isn't true in TFA at all. Rey slashes like she can barely fight. the fighting is much more primal and undisciplined compared to anything in the prequels. No one does cool spinny tricks or acrobatics.

Nothing you said except for the planet destruction point is bad or mysterious.

Walrusface looks high as fuck!

considering the Third Reich laser launch it still looked pretty big. I think they only hollowed out the core and its outer circumference. It looks dead everywhere else.

the first few moments at the start of the movie before i knew how complete and utter shit this movie was

the first few moments of watching Planet Vulcan blow up, which happens in the middle of Star Trek (2009), is when you knew how utter shit The Force Awakens was.

ok.

>it was junked. Jakku is a junker planet.
It wasn't junked it was in perfect condition

>co-pilots exist?
Never seen that before

>literally explained as being done for narrative clarity. don't be this autistic.
Literally explained for being fucking stupid you fucking retard. FUCK

>because he wanted to die. that's a great lead for a story and proved to be a good surprise (for people who didn't spoil it for themselves the day of release)

Talent is fucking stupid. No one cares what some fucking californian carpenter thinks. Thats fucking lazy and lets that lazy fuck off the hook to show up for work

>this isn't true in TFA at all. Rey slashes like she can barely fight. the fighting is much more primal and undisciplined compared to anything in the prequels. No one does cool spinny tricks or acrobatics.

In STAR WARS vadar and obiwans fight is more for show. They cant do acrobatics because it hadnt been invented yet.
Rey defeats multiple guards with mental fucking and is able to run around the dumb planet shooter. YOU FUCKINFG IDIOT.

>Nothing you said except for the planet destruction point is bad or mysterious.

Im sorry I thought you were are a human. I thought you liked art. FUcking some peoples dumb kids.

I enjoyed Rey sitting on the AT AT eating her hard tack

>Never seen that before

That's really a non-issue. Nothing wrong with tie-fighters having locked fuel lines and a back gunner. Everything else you're saying is mostly on point though.

The problem with them having smaller than OT numbers is starkiller is way bigger than anything the empire made. It takes the empire 20 years to build the first death star, I believe. Let's say the Order have 30 years, they probably need somewhat the same levels of manpower (and resources from somewhere).

It's true they had separate missions like in rotj, but they had far fewer people. Their fleet consisted of like 20 x-wings and their infiltration team was literally just han, chewie and boyega. It's unreasonable to believe they defended their main base so poorly.