About to go see this

About to go see this

What should I expect?

Yondu dies at the end.

Haha trash covering up the few genuine moments the movie has.

A good time. Enjoy the film ;-) !

I knew that but was it any good at least?

why would you do this?

Not as good as the original but better then expected.

Have you ever been to le reddit? It's basically like that.

Like a non-prequel episode of Star Wars but with more toilet humor

It was exactly like the prequels of star wars, did you see how many fucking couch-talking scenes there were?

Humor ruins some moments
Yundo steals the show

It's ok, just mindless fun.
I quite liked it at first but I found myself getting quite bored halfway through.
I think the movie would be much better if they shaved 30 minutes off because there is plenty they could have cut down or completely removed.

fun

Lol

Holy fucking shit.

God I'm so tired of comic book movies. Is this the future, guys? I hate movies so fucking much right now.

LISTEN TO THE WIND BLOWWWWW

Ego is a big guy

The movie was okay, it reminds me of Kong: Skull Island with it having some interesting ideas and the first 2/3 having some failings, but the last 1/3 being better. They also both had some good visuals.

The perfect symbol of the 2010s, an over-the-top, childish assembly of flashing lights and colors where any genuine emotional moment is quickly ruined by pop culture references and self-referential humor

let this nation burn

>LETTING Sup Forums SHILL YOU INTO WATCHING SUPERHERO MOVIES

what the fuck is this reddit shit? god damn numales to hell

So last night I was roped into seeing Guardians of the Galaxy 2: Family Matters Edition.

The first one was pretty good, but I didn't care to see this one, knowing it would be more of the same.

Of course, I was right: it's just about the same formula as the first movie, everything we loved about it, while not really taking any risks as it capitalizes on the success of the first movie. But that's fine, we get introduced to a couple new characters and learn a little bit more about returning ones.

It's by no means an action movie although it tries to be at times, throwing some haw-haws at the audience during a fight. Then there's the slow-motion scenes where out heroes are kicking ass while some oldies song plays- same as in the first movie (and the movie that did this first, and still best, was Face/Off. See it). There was a lull around the middle of the movie too, which gave me more time to think about how similar the two movies were.

That said, it was pretty funny and had a decent enough story. The funniest character in the movie by far was bAutista; he's big, he's dumb, and he has no filter: "did you make a penis too?" Michael Rooker steals the show, though, letting viewers see an emotional side while still being badass. Kurt Russel and Chris Pratt were pretty good too, with Pratt not being as good as Russel.

However, it's not artsy or serious and I can only give it a light 7.
If you loved the first one, then I don't have to tell you to see it; and if you're not sure then don't bother, if you've seen the first then you're not missing anything and you can save your $11.05 and just act like you saw it anyways "yeah, did you see the part with the slow motion? Ohhh man!"

the only marvel series I'm into, the sequel was OK honesly, I was expecting utter trash going in

A surprisingly good capeshit.

My thoughts exactly.

FOOOOOOOOOOOOX

ON

THE

RUUUUUUUN

What would be qualified as taking a risk? What the fuck does that even mean?

It's artsy as shit especially with the set designs and overall theme.

how about five seconds without a cringe worthy attempt at a joke

Question time.
Why does everyone think Pac-Man is a reddit meme?
Is this it's own meme?

People hate fun
It needed to be a big blue laser

If you are being serious you are an autist, if not your just a retard

he's lying, Groot dies

Damn autists who watched this are only capable of feeling one emotion at a time so the jokes mixed in with the seriousness essentially breaks their brains and are unable to comprehend what they are watching. Almost like a dog watching picture tube tv, they just see lights

AND I KNEW
YES I KNEW
I SHOULD RUN
WHEN I HEARD HER SAAAAAAA-
YAAAAAAAY

No because it's a rebbit faggotfest like deadpool.

I really think people on this board who constantly refer to Reddit meme are autists who can't comprehend how to even navigate that site, that's why they stick to this simple layout site that hasn't change for years

Drax is a real quip machine I really wish they'd shut him up a bit.

>999
Very impressive, nice.

>autist
Good guess, what are you a fortune teller?

>"...it's not artsy or serious and I can only give it a light 7."
translating...
>"this movie didn't appeal to my personal tastes therefore i'm not capable of giving an objective score"

For the good guys to sort of lose for a change?

Could have done that with Thanos for a villain, ape the original Star Wars trilogy a bit, with Thanos and his forces storming Xandar and getting the Power Stone and everyone being left with no choice but to beat a hasty retreat along with the Xandarians. Maybe show Yondu and some his Ravagers redeem themselves by fighting a delaying action alongside the Nova Corps and dying so others can escape.

Show them on more amicable terms with the Sovereign, seeking refuge and have the Sovereign unveil Adam Warlock in a less stupid/more meaningful way and have the Xandarians reveal that their own planet has(or had) a nascent consciousness/soul like Ego and have it be the thing that recognized Quill's heritage and tell him that to truly come into his birthright, he must seek out his father. As Xandar dies, show it giving off bolts of energy that "warp" out of its star system to strike individual beings.

Credits scene: see one of those beams striking a target on Earth.

He's memeing you bro

That sounds like a retread of the first movie plot

because of pixels.

Like that, but more like an actual war with the good guys basically just trying to desperately hold off Thanos's forces. Sort of GotG meets Saving Private Ryan.

Basically, I'd be happy if Thanos just got out of his fucking chair after 14 movies.

Pop-sci movie made by formula and delivered to the masses, entirely forgettable.
I would hesitate to give it 3 stars, but that's probably exactly what it'll get.

It is not philosophical, mind-blowing, or transcendent.

He literally asked what to expect.

>it's not philosophical

Are you retarded?

>philosophical, mind-blowing, or transcendent
congratulations, you named a few terms you could synonymously use with artsy.

>pop-sci movie made by formula and delivered to the masses
that's exactly what's advertised in the promotional material for the film. if that's what lowers your score for the film, then your score is lower before you even enter the theater to watch it.

my point is, your score should be objective and reflected in the context of the thing you're reviewing. if you don't like a particular type of film or a particular type of tone, what's the point in even watching?

My mom said I should get out of my man pit every once in a while

Perhaps I should revise my verdict of the movie to be 10/10 kino?

By your metric, no film should ever be rated below average as long as it advertises itself by all its lowest common denominators.

"Hey guys. We're releasing a formulaic, by-the-numbers sequel that's going to take everything people liked in the first one and beat you over the heads with it. It won't be original, ground-breaking, or even introduce any pivotal new information. Go see it. It will totally be a movie you've seen afterwards."

they actually paid namco for this

No one cares about your shitty critic blog site

AND IF YOU DON'T LOVE ME NOW

You probably couldn't even articulate why your artsy favorite movies are good without using cliche terms or quoting someone else, quit being a poser and watch movies more suited to your IQ level

What the trailer showed you, but a little worse.

No.
It's worse than the first. I expected the theme to be "band of humorous misfits saves the galaxy". With the villains being real villains, and creating a contrast against the hijinks of the guardians.

Instead, every single character in the movie is a whacky jokester. From the noble "we take ourselves super seriously" golden master race, to the eldritch galaxy ending god.

The film takes itself as one big winky joke. That's all you should expect.

You must be one of the autist who was so focused on your second point you brain was incapable of comprehending it did the first one at the same time

I love Contact.

I love it for the reason that I love pretty much all my favorite movies. It has a thought-provoking story. It's concerned about how faith is important whether you consider yourself religious or not. It's also about how having faith doesn't automatically equal close-mindedness, either. the differences between how what you know but can never prove is sometimes every bit as important as objective truth. It's got a nice little aside about how even an atheist would be a better choice for an extraterrestrial ambassador than someone who only pays lip-service to any sort of faith.

It's also a great story for anyone who's ever lost a parent. Beautiful story.

You'll have fun. You'll probably leave wanting to listen to the soundtrack again

SOUTHERN NIGHTS
HAVE YOU EVER FELT A SOUTHERN NIGHT?

YOU WILL NEVER LOVE ME AGAIN

Why the fuck does everyone use the word 'fun' when talking about Marvel movies? Is that the new word they pay people to use? It's getting to be as common as 'what did x mean by this'?

Fun.

>it has a thought provoking story

Couldn't even a make more than two sentences

What the fuck?

Do you not have fun when you watch a thought provoking film? I sure do.

You should probably leave the house very once and while user

I don't even know what this means.

> thought provoking

come on user, I honestly really like Marvel movies but they aren't though provoking. The comics occasionally have some interesting themes but the movies are too watered down to be thought provoking.

I meant thought provoking movies that aren't comic book movies. You can have fun watching this movie and you can have fun watching 2001

Sorry I can't dumb it down any more, also nice trips

Look at this jpg closely friendo. This little helper is having fun because this cat is showing him love and cats are fun to be loved by. Guardians of the Galaxy 2 was ok but when you call it fun just like every other marvel movie has been called autists like me can be very troubled

I liked the first one, because it was somewhat different. But this just looks like the same shit so you will just leave the theatre having seen the same film but without the surprise without the first one was.

Its boring as fuck.

"Thought-provoking" is a cliche term?

Do any of the mental mouth-noises you hear in your braincase not qualify as cliche?

How about I say it completely in my own words then?

Feysnergl fooble trackly dormb. Posgully geh morbliest foohas Meh hea peber smoon.

Nailed it.

MARVEL MOVIES HAVE BEEN REDUCED TO CAPESHIT FOR THE MONETIZATION OF NORMIES LARPING AS AUTISTS FOR 2 HOURS

THEY ARE NOT ACTION MOVIES, ART MOVIES, OR SERIOUS MOVIES

I agree with you there, I'm just trying to draw attention to the fact that so many people use the word fun and I'm scared it's some kind of Disney funded psyop

It is. You've pressed me too far and Disney is dispatching hitman to my location right now. Disney has millions of sleeper agents around the world right now

That's pretty much how I imagine your brain working user

Civil War could have been decent if the arguments lasted more than a few seconds and were filled with actual emotion. I honestly would've liked to see them do the accords hearings and have Tony and Cap give a short speech about their stance on the accords. Plus if War Machine had actually died and been killed by someone on team cap it wouldn't have felt so cheap

Just sounds like you spouting a lot of cliches to me, user.

We joke about things like this on the internet now. But what will you say in 50 years when we have mandatory telescreens installed in our homes playing the latest Marvelkino 24/7 and monitoring us to make sure we tell of our neighbors just how 'fun' they are

I'll say thank you Disney.

>being this salty over your failed attempt at critiquing contact.

More of the same, just kick back and enjoy the movie.

I'll say it was shit so the George Clooney Clones can bust in my house and punish me

Kys you dumb retarded pepe posting fuck boy.

>cats
>showing love e ver
>cats in charge of not being parasitic overgrown rats

Fuck off cunt

just turn your brain off bro lol

That wasn't very nice user

Cats may not display selfless love like a dog does but they do display that they enjoy your companionship

>implying you even understand smarter movies

MONOLOGUES

Chris Pratt stroking his ego

gotta love the movies where they give each other boo-boos and then kiss and makeup at the end, i.e. the Fast series

>but they do display that they enjoy your companionship

Stop projecting on/personifying an animal you sperglord, they're just shit bags who use you for food.

>Confirmed for never having owned a cat.

My parents cat sits and waits by the driveway for my dad to come home at 5 o clock every day without fail. Always comes to fuss over me whenever I visit too.

Cats are affectionate as fuck, they're just also real independent and are more than happy to do their own thing.

Nice pasta

It's a character-driven movie, as opposed to a plot-driven one. I was expecting and hoping for the latter, as Infinity War is coming up relatively soon.

It's less "What happens if A occurs?" and more "How would react if B occurs?" and runs with it for the full movie, changing between character focuses. Also super heavy on the fatherhood/family themes. Nearly obnoxiously so.