Batman and Bill

>it's a business jew outjews artistic jew episode

did you guys watch this documentary yet? it's pretty cool.

Other urls found in this thread:

blastr.com/2013-7-10/time-jim-steranko-slapped-bob-kane-san-diego-comic-con
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Explain

apparently most of batman's iconic stories, his costume, most of his classic villains and overall his creative direction was created by a guy called bill finger, who helped his friend bob kane out after bob came up with batman looking like the pic in the image. bob kane jewed him out of all recognition and he died miserably.

the documentary is about a nerd going full on detective about it.

>neo-nazi can't convey a thought without shilling vigorously episode

And Kane stole the image from a movie, The Bat, directed by Roland West, 1926. So his creative input was zero - like all great American innovators.

huh? both bob kane and bill finger are jewish, bob is described as a very business and fame oriented man whereas bill is said to be an artistic and delicate man. the comic book industry is fundamentally jewish, not that there's anything wrong with that.

It's well known in the comics scene.
Bob Kane, Batman's "creator" was a hack and used ghost writers and artists to create just about every iconic aspect of Batman as a character. Yet since he made those guys sign contracts, it wasn't technically 'stealing" credit since it was legally signed over to him from the get go.

Never saw the documentary but it's well documented. One time Bob Kane turned in some art and the editor wanted it changed. Bob took the art and paid one of the artists right there in the office to redraw the panel. The editor asked Bob why he didnt just do it himself and Bob's answer was "lack of talent"

Then there's this gem
blastr.com/2013-7-10/time-jim-steranko-slapped-bob-kane-san-diego-comic-con

Obligatory

why the fuck is it upside down?

Is this any good? Deeper insight than the basics comic fans already know?

don't really know, wasn't aware of the issue previously. from a documentary standpoint it's well made, with nifty comic booky sequences.

>Bat Lesson

It's so funny, he changed the inside of millions of worthless young drones' heads. Even this guy can't help but quote his creation - and it's his because his will made it what it is, not because of anything done by his weak, submissive hirelings. People like Bob Kane prosper, people like Jim Steranko whine.

stopped watching the second i saw kevin smith

Are you Jewish?

it's one of the rare cases when he is qualified and his appearance is justified.

not even once

I'd say so. They really frame it as if no one is aware of Bill Finger so at first you're just sitting through things you already know. But once it starts delving into Bill Finger's friends and family it got a lot better and I loved it.

It's not as comics-focused as I'd like it to be but that makes sense when you're talking about Batman.

Bob the 3rd pls

Thanks mane

My favorite Bob Kane story

>"Bob had gotten to the point where he never drew anything. Never drew anything on the Batman comics, anyway. [Sheldon] Moldoff was ghosting them all and when he didn't, someone else did. The only thing I think Bob ever drew was when we'd be out somewhere, in a restaurant or someplace, and a pretty girl would come over to him and say, 'Are you really the man who draws Batman?' Then he could whip out a little sketch for her, a big sketch if she was wearing something low-cut and would bend over to watch him draw.

>One day I'm over at his house to discuss this newspaper strip idea we had and he's talking about who we might get to draw it. I was going to write it and we were going to get someone else to draw it. I'm not sure what Bob was going to do on it except sign his name. I said to him, 'Bob, isn't it disappointing to you that you don't draw any more? You were once such a great artist.' He wasn't but you had to talk to Bob that way.

>He said, 'Oh, no. Let me show you something.' He took me into a little room in his house. It was his studio. I didn't even know he still had a studio. It was all set up with easels and things and there were paintings, paintings of clowns. You know the kind. Like the ones Red Skelton used to do. Just these insipid portraits of clowns, all signed very large, 'Bob Kane.' He was so proud of them. He said, 'These are the paintings that are going to make me in the world of art. Batman was a big deal in one world and these paintings will soon be in every gallery in the world.' He thought the Louvre was going to take down the Mona Lisa to put up his clown paintings. I didn't have the heart to tell him.

do you even know who jim steranko is

Won't let me post the rest for some reason.

>So a few months later, I'm up at DC and I ran into Eddie Herron. Eddie was another writer up there and we got to talking and Bob's name came up. Eddie said, 'Did you hear? Bob's getting sued by one of his ghost artists.'

>I said, 'How is that possible? Shelly Moldoff's suing Bob? But they had a clear deal. Shelly knew he wasn't going to get credit or anything...'

>Eddie said, 'No, not Shelly.' Bob was being sued by the person who'd painted the clowns for him..."

No.

Not him.

Yeah, he's some cocksucker who isn't as rich as Bob Kane was.

An American artist.

>tfw marc's daughter is genuinely happy that bill finger, a comic book artist of very little fame who died probably 30 years before she was born, gets recognition for creating batman in bvs and gotham.

>marc's daughter
Who are these people?

the autistic guy who got obsessed over bill finger who published a book and made the documentary, and his family. there's also an extensive look into bill finger's granddaughter and her family.

That sounds pathetic.

on a personal level, maybe, investing this much time effort and emotion into something so insignificant is sad. but he gets a massive payoff in the end, and seems incredibly fulfilled, and it makes for an entertaining documentary as well as help better archive an aspect of cultural history.

You can't blame him tho. Kane was notorious for claiming other people's work as his own. In his later years, he was sued by one of his understudies ir something for claiming a clown painying they did was his. Also Batman is probably one of the most iconic characters on the planet and Finger barely gets any recognition for it.

bump

>tfw Bill Fingers last work sat on a shelf four years after he died and wound up on MST3K

>And Kane stole the image from a movie, The Bat, directed by Roland West
he looks nothing like batman desu

same european fag

neither did kane's original design, that's the point.