New character is introduced

>New character is introduced
>They are either obscured enough for their identity to not be known or androgynous
>"Gee who was that MAN, that BOY sure was weird HE sure was a help though. I should be sure to thank HIM"

most of the world defaults to male terminology when describing a person whose gender cannot be confirmed visually or audibly. Plus, it's a man's world after all.

We're not speaking Spanish.

Yeah but it's obviously a woman when they go that out of the way.

>New character is introduced
>They are either obscured enough for their identity to not be known or androgynous
>"Gee who was that XIR, that XAN sure was weird XE sure was a help though. I should be sure to thank XIM"

>something that totally happens
They'd just use the singular "they". Everyone does and has for centuries.

Soon you will.

Curves are what define the female form.

The concept of androgyny roughly equates to "dude body but skinny, girlish face, maybe faggy body language"

"They" and "them" exist, user.

Besides, its less about that and more about the fact that the hack writing makes it obvious the mystery character is a grill.

>new character is introduced
>nobody asks for their personal pronouns

I cant even

Who was that boy???

Left tits at home?

This one fucking drive me insane. At least Lucina had armor and a mask to cover herself up. Naoto is straight up a girl at first glance.

Still best girl tho but goddamn that whose plot of hers was ridiculous.

English has a gender neutral singular pronoun. "They."

The biggest problem for Naoto was that it was it lasted fucking forever. Lucina on the other hand was figured out in like 2 chapters.

Yeah. Shit was so ridiculous, they even made it the focal point for her dungeon.

It would have been hilarious if it turned out she actually was a boy at that point.

no she's using bandages to hide her massive tiddies

It's incorrect to use "they" as a singular pronoun. It's always plural. Just because people use it wrong doesn't make it right.

English does have a singular gender neutral pronoun though. It's "it."

Wrong, the use of "they" as a singular pronoun was common in Middle and Early Modern English and predates that rule by centuries.

Cuando te llamas, user

Language evolves. Get over it.

>It's incorrect to use "they" as a singular pronoun
You're a moron

>Just because people use it wrong doesn't make it right.
yes it does. If you say something, and the person you are saying it to understands what you are saying, then it is a valid application of the word(s)

or Turkish

Reverse traps are the best