Who was in the wrong here?

who was in the wrong here?

they were both faggots who were right about different things

whiplash kid wasnt right about anything

He knew Whiplash

The system was in the wrong

Who the fuck would want to go to a school like that? What a fucking horrid place

the kid for paying money to go to a music school

people with ambition?

Anyone with some sense would have looked into the previous artists that he fostered and caused their eventual suicide. A person like that has no right dealing with young, fragile minds.

>ambition to have no friends, not even one and spend your days beating your hands to a bloody mess for muh music
Nobody respected him, and nobody ever will respect him. If that guy existed he'd eke out a living as a session musician or doing live shows with bands. It pays fuck all, nobody will remember you

But its not wrong. They design these programs to be ultra-competitive in order to produce the best musicians possible. If you can't deal with that then you should get the fuck out.

He was on his way to join the most prestigious big band in the world. That's a pretty big deal.

Bunch of faggots itt

No music school is like that. Being competitive in that manner won't get you far in music. Most of music (especially jazz) is about playing with other people, which means the people who get the farthest are generally the more personable ones.

Although Buddy Rich was apparently like a drill sergeant. There's some recordings on youtube of him reaming out his band.

>paying the truck driving to ram into his car
Fletcher was in the wrong, WTF

no, not really. What's the most prestigious big band in the real world right now? You don't know because nobody actually cares about that shit except obsessed jazz enthusiasts like the kid.

He was being manipulated, and had something akin to Stockholm syndrome keeping him coming back to this abusive relationship with his instructor because he'd convinced himself it was for his own good. In reality, he could have become a much more famous and successful musician by doing his own thing and forming his own band - one that actually writes their own music instead of just playing shit written by other musicians who are more famous than his instructor would ever be.

This. Music isn't about competition. The whole reason you would even go to a music school is networking.

Sometimes I feel that my life is nothing but the feverish remembrances that my dying self from the future is having.

He lucked into it. Music isn't like sports where you get recruited. You gotta make friends.

Pretty sure he got t-boned because he ran a stop sign

lmao fuck off you band nerd and go to college for something worthwhile

this. no one gives two shits about big band jazz except for very niche cucks

this movie reminded me of Black Swan in a way