Was it kino?

Was it kino?

Shut the fuck up

finale was surreal in a bad sort of way. everything happened the opposite of what I expected. my headcanon is that the last season isn't canon and 20 years later kate comes to the hotel and he kills her in the shower

I'm just asking the board's opinion of the show, dude.

It was ok. The whole brother running a pot farm crime drama part kind of ruined it for me.

It not being what you expected doesn't make it bad.

>pot farm crime drama
That shit was like the James side plot in season two of Twin Peaks, but the farm was great.

it was pretty good in my eyes

the third and fourth seasons were kinda boring (especially the one of the two where there is NO sex ring) but the rest was solid. especially loved the first two seasons when the hot blonde chick was involved. gave the characters more of an interesting dynamic

I actually thought the brother would be the last one to be killed by norman but it was actually quite the opposite. also didn't think norman would actually be killed by someone but rather continue his killing or be institutionalised . the show turned into quite a drama and I really loved what they did with norman's character. his last car scene where he was hallucinating the first trip to the motel was really fucking sad in my opinion because his mom was already dead

season 1 and 2 are pure kino

>james side plot

Dam, if David Lynch was a BIG enough director, why didnt he have the FORE sight to HEAD james's character out of the story?

Fuck off, this ending was better than that trash movie

Name a comfier show.

Pacific north west master race of shows.

>no momcest
Nope. Fucking dropped.

I came away genuinely impressed with Highmore, when I heard there was prequel to Psycho starring Charlie Bucket I thought it was going to be terrible, but him and Farmiga pretty much carry the show.

>

Yeah, as the show went on I started to hate Norman, but the last few episodes made me feel bad for him.
And Caleb, holy shit, Caleb. You know the writing is strong when you feel bad for a guy that raped and impregnated his sister.

kek.

Freddie and Vera decided to win Emmys, but the show got no recognition because it was on A&E.

>the two lead characters carry the show

Then the show isn't being carried.

yeah, what a fucking disappointment

Fine. Fine, they both put in an amazing performances. Particularly Freddie Highmore who was taking on one of the most iconic roles in movie history and as says deserves an Emmy for the performance.

Well Norman, we really made this a Bates Motel!

I liked it. Every episode had a lot going on. It seemed like the series was much longer than it was. That last episode. DAYUM.

>You know the writing is strong when you feel bad for a guy that raped and impregnated his sister.
>raped

I liked how the writers explored the hard lives of the kids which, to some extent, even gave a proper reason for caleb having sex with his sister. she was the only person he truly loved so in the end, there is not really an evil intent to the whole thing, which in my eyes is very solid writing in itself

the main characters came of as real to a very scary extent, especially norma and norman's relationship. me and my mom had and still have a very close relationship and some stuff were really spot-on characterisations for single moms' behaviour toward their kids (obviously not the incest vibes you sometimes get)

Norman and his peep holes certainly baited in that place quite a bit.

first 2 seasons were good

MOMMY!

It was a really great show.
Romero went from being the annoying sheriff that asked too many questions to crying over Norma's dead body in the last episode.
>I liked how the writers explored the hard lives of the kids which, to some extent
It was very objective, you could see exactly how the characters ended up the way they did (even if it's not said in the show itself you can make the conclusions), didn't cast anyone in a positive or negative light.