What was the fucking point of telling backstories for minor characters and hyping them up for nothing?

What was the fucking point of telling backstories for minor characters and hyping them up for nothing?

>when your webcomic only got popular, because you made quirky half-assed aliens based on the zodiac

Fucking Homestuck.

Other urls found in this thread:

hiveswap.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=ptSacF8xb8k
kickstarter.com/projects/14293468/homestuck-adventure-game/posts/1453119
plazmataz.tumblr.com/commission
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why aren't you playing sugoistuck right now? only good thing to come out of the fanbase in ages

theyre all gags dude. every ancestor is a gag. the whole of mindfang's journal is an extended parody of ridiculous romantic adventure novels/fanfiction. sorry if you were too young when it came out to realise it was a joke, and took it seriously. anyway random lore is totally fun and doesnt need to be expanded on.

ipgd put your trip on

Why do we need a homestuck thread anyway? Yeah, some cool or lewd creations are made, but every thread boils down to:

>waaah I hate Vriska
>waaah why is Karkat's arc so shit
>my favorite character got shafted!
>Katnep spam dump
>Karkat more like Karkuck
>Are Karkat and (Vriska) demoted to Pages?
>I want to fuck Aradia!
>unga bunga why rose no do quest
>Davekat vs Davejade

Andrew is a better artist than he is a director. The big man wants it all, but he isn't focusing on where his game is strongest.

how the fuck did he manage problem sleuth?

That he was the only one in charge. He can do fine on his own. But when it comes to judging the effectiveness of others in the project, when it comes to choosing ideas among those he is working with, he isn't as strong. Not nearly. He does better when he works by himself.

What in the gosh darn heck is this?

supposedly the lilypad intermission was all him

/r/homestuck ironic dating sim with twists rivaling zero escape

Thinking of comissioning some songs for my fanventure planets. Is there someone who still do these? Like, original ost. Bowman quit homestuck and toby is swimming on money so if no options are avaliable im going for whoever composed terraria.

It can't possibly be though. Even if he is the one who wrote and came up with everything on the lilypad, he's already been collaborating with and bouncing ideas off of everyone around him. The process necessarily turned into a group project with Andrew at the lead. Which is what Andrew isn't as good at.

He's always claimed to be the only one involved in writing.

The last week wasn't, and that was far more important than any other part of the comic. Imagine if literally any other show/comic let this happen.

It was such a phenomenally bad choice and just underlined how much he had checked out since the Kickstarter.

>Imagine if literally any other show/comic let this happen.

That's how it usually happens, Hirsch didn't draw the last episode of Gravity Falls himself, he contributed to the storyboards and wrote what happened in them rougly.

Which is fine. But the pool of ideas is impactful. The influence of collaboration taints the product.

I haven't seen Gravity Falls, but how drastically different was the art?

Did it cut out dialogue, the thing that mostly made Homestuck famous in the first place?

>official website shows 3D
hiveswap.com/
>official youtube trailer shows 3D
youtube.com/watch?v=ptSacF8xb8k

>Obscure Kickstarter update in December says it's all 2D now LOL
kickstarter.com/projects/14293468/homestuck-adventure-game/posts/1453119

What the FUCK is going ON with this game?

are these

on what planet are these the trolls

TEEHEE PAUL BLART

ANIME SCHOOL

TEEHEE PAUL BLART NO TEACHER

PAUL BLART NO ANIME

IS FUNNY

HEHEHE

Hey, the art there is good.

this is the kind of post reddit would find funny

are you fucking kidding me

mspa is a collaboration by its nature

Yeah, but if my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a bike.

How do you fuck up human trolls?

you can easily recognize who each of them is meant to be

god, as a fairly recent archival reader i dont get this issue people have with there being little dialogue in the ending. a6a6i5 dialogued us the fuck out. there was honestly way too much dialogue in that intermission. all the words were fucking said. going quiet after that was a good thing.

presumably you guys all read that a year ago and now you want more words, but god damn trust an archival reader here that that would NOT be a good idea.

i only got aradia by process of elimination, but the rest were discernable

>a6a6i5 dialogued us the fuck out

>pre-fight dialogue is the same as ending dialogue

ipgd go away

I think most people would agree with your sentiment in Act 6 being way too bloated with exposition dialogue, too much Vriska dictating to people. However, people were expecting more dialogue to wrap up story and character arcs, similar to how Dave and Dirk's scenes did for them. We didn't really get that for some of the other prominent characters which was and still is a damn shame.

The shitty series is over, stop making threads for it

>ipgd
>recent archival reader

damn dude

also im not shilling because i fucking mean it when i say a6a6i5 had way too much dialogue. it dragged horrifically and some of it was legit fucking awful (jasprose jesus christ). given everything i think a silent ending was the best choice

Nobody disagrees that it was awful, but something is better than nothing

>people expected dialogue in a flash
the most any flash has is six non continuous lines. not counting interactive ones, obviously

The terezi/vriska glitchy flash has about 30

>something is better than nothing
honestly, if Hussie just out and said 'Homestuck is cancelled' with no ending at some point in the twelve months prior to Act 7, I don't think I would have felt much different.

I wouldn't feel much either. Once the alpha/beta whatever kids were introduced I was out of energy to care. Specially with the introduction of dancestors.
I just wanted to keep reading about the kids and see the trolls in a seperate story instead.[/spoilers]

The site also says Jailbreak is unfinished. He just doesnt care to update it.

touche, I'd forgotten about that

>ipgd's room is so shitty that she has a mice problem
>she goes back to sleep

>:33 < nyat wanting to wake up with a tasty purreakfast

Is Karkat really a Page now?

>that panel where Kanaya bonked him hard on the head to knock him out

I really need this inversion meme to die.

i love how hussie thinks being meta and ~ironic~ is more important than actually writing a story. its totally satisfying and great.

Homestuck is already dead.

>Got a warning yesterday for calling vriska best girl

and yet i only ever see them on Sup Forums

Clark Powell takes commissions.

plazmataz.tumblr.com/commission

>got banned for discussing that one furry scat microphilia scat fetishist that is the lead art dev of Hiveswap

at least it was only for one day and on Sup Forums rather than the usual ban that is 3 days across all boards for using eridan's quirk. thing is, that was completely on topic.

$50 for something like Serenade with full rights? That's... actually a pretty cool deal.

This Sugoistuck, this Reddit shitpost in VN form seems to at least have good Nep art.

oh man
where could this be going

Noice

I know how to get straight lines, but isnt getting the margins right a bit of a pain?

This?

>kids using flight casually

>be Karkat
>get cucked this hard
Holy shit

it's hilarious how you get triggered when somebody draws non-caucasian characters
it's not even trying to be DIVERSE, they just made Feferi black for fuck's sake

john SLAMS the door and storms away, muttering "why is everyone such a fucking queer" under his breath
by which I mean, he uses his breath powers send his message to everyone in the known universe

Tought the music team got royalities from each album bought.

its an extreme pain in the ass

one more panel will have it
its really really underused
and one of my favorite things

i know man
im tempted to make the last panel just karkat crying in the hallway

>it's not even trying to be DIVERSE
>they just made Feferi black
RIP Sup Forums 2016
it had to end sometime

this is My Fucking fetish

I'm pretty sure she's supposed to be a gyaru,

Well either you're incredibly wrong or the artist doesn't actually know what a gyaru is

>they just made Feferi black
her ancestor is troll nicki minaj

Not even
Meenah, and condy, sounded like total posers who adopted that way of speaking to make them seem cooler/tougher
condy just has big hair, it seems more like she's just from the south than nicki minaj

Likely a double homicide from John "Slay the Gay" Egbert. Good shit though, your John just casually floating in works wonders, as does Terezi's ample fun bags given she's usually portrayed as a bit flat.

John gets cucked

Well it would explain the dark skin, light hair and light makeup

I can't think what else the artist would be going for

Should Andrew Hussie be put down for his own good?

>i know man
>im tempted to make the last panel just karkat crying in the hallway
Please do, guy needs to suffer a bit to get the weenie out of him.

No but that's not gyaru
specifically the dark skin is ganguro, but ganguro girls wouldn't wear light colors like that
they are more flashy/neon with crazy colored highlights, long press on nails, and no panties

the artist was going for a black girl in a princess lolita outfit

Pardon me, ganguro was what I meant

Someone needs to do a fucking gaming news site articlebor someshit on this travesty to show them how badly they're fucking up

It's still not ganguro

Are Terezi and John going to have their way with Roxy's feet?

i dont think i could do it
karkat is still dear to me

i dont think so

How many pages is it going to be?

just want to say i really appreciate you not letting people forget kickstarteranon

>johns glasses

Hah!

just one
i'm already giving them more panels than they paid for, ive never really done a comic before, i need to learn how to approach it better

dialogue would explain what happened in the ending

instead of 50 or so major interpretations

are you going to draw them in a way that doesn't show the privates like last time

You're pretty much just straight up fuckin wrong. Like everything else in Homestuck, there are humorous elements mixed in with the serious stuff.

i did my damnedest to show as much as i could with the specific pose they asked for
people who like boobs are in luck
and i want you to know, you specifically user
me and glub sketched out the main pose and he showed even less genitals, this one is tough!

is there any pawfeet art that's GOOD?

So she's Iggy?

You got help by glub?

i run most things by him while im working on them if i can.
he's got a really good eye and sense of gesture/anatomy

Ah, thats nice teamwork.

i like this one

He looks way younger there.

Reminder that Jake's eyes are attached to his glasses.

same for John, his eyes come off during Game Over

yeah but all that shit is a joke too

these are some deep levels of irony we operatin on

and Jane