What was he doing during most of the airport fight? they charge at eachother and then he's... gone

What was he doing during most of the airport fight? they charge at eachother and then he's... gone.
did he just hover around until Giant-Man showed up?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/oYOpc4kZ_-s?t=221
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah, that and Zemo not being Zemo were the only problems I had with it. And Vision is clearly OP'd.

>not having a problem with how forced the romantic aspect is

He's still a fucking robot for the most part, yet very aware of his feelings for Wanda.

>did he just hover around until Giant-Man showed up?
He was just watching his waifu, and could you blame him? She has rockin tits.

>What was he doing during most of the airport fight?
He has the same problem as Warmachine, in that both of them had tools that are very difficult to be applied non-lethally. He strength and phasing, he also has a death ray beam. Phasing is great defensively but if he use it offensively it would kill. And when he tried to use his beam he nearly killed Warmachine.

B cups at best.

Subpar.

I've talked to a lot of people who say he was nerfed in this movie. Is that true?

Seems that way. He was looking at a fucking cook book for a recipe.

He can get super-dense and incredibly strong, like punch it with the Hulk strong. This is possibly what Wanda was activating when she sent him through the floor.

>I've talked to a lot of people who say he was nerfed in this movie. Is that true?
He lost his "worthiness", according to the writers. He is learning both good and bad things now that he is no longer just a computer program, and he had to learn how to be a good person from scratch. Right now he is struggling to deal with the fact that good intentions is not enough.

He could just be heavy and punch people? It's not hard to show his density powers offensively by showing how the ground cracks as he lands, or his heel digging into the asphalt as he braces for a punch.

>The scene with him and Wanda cooking

A will-they-won't-they couple cooking food together is the cutest god damn thing in the world, holy shit.

pym particles, aint gotta splain shit

>He could just be heavy and punch people? It's not hard to show his density powers offensively by showing how the ground cracks as he lands, or his heel digging into the asphalt as he braces for a punch.
He could, but he doesn't actually want to USE superstrength here. Really, most of Team Cap's side don't have much endurance and any amount of super strength can do real damage.

I think he was making sure no one would escape, when team cap was trying to go to the quinjet, he is the one who stop them. Then Scott use Giant-man as a diversion and he is forced to fight him

MCU is going to save Wandas legacy

I love this scene. Seeing Vision reduced to spaghetti pouring out of his pockets was adorable.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too.

He's actually not a robot. Since he's got free will and can choose his own actions. A robot, by definition, can not.

Sorry for being an autist.

And he might very much be able to love Wanda. We have no clue about how he works, and neither does he. As stated in the film. But he has the fucking Mind Gem. So he might very well be more cognitive than any human, ever.

Same problem as Martian Manhunter. Way too strong so he either has to be nerfed or forgotten so he can't stop everyone in mere seconds.

Vision holding back makes sense seeing as nearly everyone else was in that fight. Wanda even commented that Clint was pulling his punches. So I don't think he was nerfed at all, since he was devastating when actually using his powers.

The one who really felt nerfed was Pete, since he was getting out-muscled by people that have no business even matching him for strength, but I suppose that could just be explained by him being so new at all this that he doesn't really know what he's capable of yet.

Pete is new and Tony probably told him to go easy.

And Vision seemed like the one who wanted to be in that fight the least of all of them. So he probably only went in when he thought it necessary so the entire ordeal wouldn't completely spiral out of control.

He was holding back.
Saw what happened when he actually starts fighting?
A NIGGER NEARLY DIED

>So he probably only went in when he thought it necessary so the entire ordeal wouldn't completely spiral out of control.
And yet...

Same thing Thor was doing during most of the Sokovia stuff in AoU: taking a nap.
That's the issue with disparaging power levels, but I don't really mind.

Did he technically rape Scott? He just went inside and through him without permission, imagine how poor Scott feels?

Apology not accepted.

I'm well aware he's NOT a robot, I meant his personality is all very robotic (unemotional, you autist). Which is exactly why him having "romantic feelings" felt very forced and contradicting of his character.

>b-cups

One day you will learn about boobs and boob sizes.

>implying anons will ever even clue into the relationship between cups and straps

he was jacking it to Wanda's ass from a distance

it's what makes him worthy

The entire scene was disjointed shite.

Wanda would disappear for what felt like minutes at a time (probably more like 20-30 second chunks, still felt significant), seemingly doing nothing at all despite not being shown to be in any way occupied either when they cut away from her or when they cut to her.

He can still feel

>The only one who really felt nerfed was Pete

This. It's not enough to ruin the film, and you're right that it's not inexplicable, but it did bother me.

>he was getting out-muscled by people that have no business even matching him for strength, but I suppose that could just be explained by him being so new at all this that he doesn't really know what he's capable of yet
That and super strength doesn't negate physics. A lot of the times he was being "out-muscled", the person he was fighting was just exploiting pivot points and other movement control techniques. Cap especially did that well.

Wouldn't the tears burn a lot more if they were liquid metal?

Trying to phase into Wanda.

He said he was pro-life in AoU didn't he?
A single punch from him could literally obliterate anyone in the airport.

Having control of ones emotion is not the same as having no emotion.

Vision isn't a very robotic robot. He never has been.

VIsion's not unemtional at all, he's just sophisticated.

He is still a robot he only seems to have the illusion of free will and choice. His conscious is probably limited unless the gem gives him some type of transcended presence. No soul.

I agree, but I think think the directors were just very negligent. Every one gets their own little funny/ranking fights (we now know spidey is PHYSICALLY stronger than cap and bucky, and that black panther is at the VERY least on par with those two) while vision just sorta sits there, they could have at least showed him and Wanda having a struggle or something. Not that I have much to complain about, loved the movie, this is just something I noticed.

>while vision just sorta sits there, they could have at least showed him and Wanda having a struggle or something
If I was Vision I would just sit there too. You think he WANT to hurt his former comrades? Vision outright said that he wanted to be non-threatening to stop people from being afraid of him. So naturally he couldn't bring himself to really fight his friends, as that would oppose his personal goal of looking safe and friendly.

So I got a couple questions about the movie. Since there isn't a sticky, I think this is the place to do it:

When Clint meets Cap right before the airport battle (when Lang is introduced to the group), he mentions that he's happy to help because he owes Cap. What is he referring to?

And right before Tony goes to New York to recruit Peter, he asks Black Widow if she has a plan. She answers yes, and that it is downstairs. I don't get it..

In this case, this is really more your hangups on AI than a problem with the character.

Black Widow immediately goes and tells T'Challa they know where Bucky is. He's her plan.

Nat meant Black Panther was downstairs and he'd help them stop Bucky.

Cap saved Hawkguy in Avengers

too bad she doesn't give a shit about him.

Vision really didn't have the conviction to bring out his all for this fight. He knows he's one of the more powerful members of the team, and without proper control, he could lethally harm his friends.
Like, rather than taking down Giant-Man he just phases through him to see what's going on, even though he very well could have.

His primary concern for most of the movie was keeping the team cool and safe, and there may have been some affection for Wanda.

When explaining his reasoning for supporting the Accords, he is calmly just trying to rationalize and think through the situation. He doesn't claim he has the one true solution, but he's taking what he believes is the best option for the team for the time being. He's not emotionally convicted to the cause like Tony or T'Challa

So yeah, lots of reasons he isn't doing much physically.

In the movie, Black Widow apologizes to T'Challa for Nigeria. When did they ever go to Nigeria?

I'm sure she did, then he arrested her

Opening Avengers sequence was in Nigeria

In the opening of the film when Cross Bones attacks the Nigerian SDC. Did you watch the movie?

Beating off to Wanda

The airport fight was in Germany right? Where does Tony live? California?

Huh?

So they attacked a Nigerian building in Lagos?

>he only seems to have the illusion of free will and choice
He's a human, then. What's the differnece between free choice and illusion of free choice? Our choices are defined by our personality and feelings, so we don't choose any of them.

I can believe that a teenager who has had superpowers for six months could be outclassed by three combat-experienced soldiers with their own tricks.

>Lagos /ˈleJɡɒs/[11] (Yoruba: Èkó) is a city in the Nigerian state of Lagos.

>Lagos(...) is a city in the Nigerian state of Lagos. The city (...) is the largest in Nigeria, as well as on the African continent.
I assume all buildings in Lagos are Nigerian

Why was Red Tornado in this movie again?
Are they leading up to justice league?

Why bother fleshing him out?
Its confirmed Thanos gets the gauntlet and Vision has a stone in his forehead

Being stuck in a hole.

>Vision isn't a very robotic robot. He never has been.
He's also infused with human DNA but everyone seems to forget this.

>B cups at best.

>One day you will learn about boobs and boob sizes.

We need to settle this argument . . . .

I hate her ugly, pug-nose.

DELETE THIS

No you don't.
You love her and you want to hug her.

>implying all "free will" isn't an illusion

Nah he isn't weaker he just isn't present in the fighting. He bullied hawkeye when he tried to fight him like he was a fucking baby and it was satisfying as fuck

I want to fugg her

Respect her purity pls.

>Phasing is great defensively but if he use it offensively it would kill.

Comics Vision always does that partially-solidifying-inside-the-chest to incapacitate but I guess they didn't think it would work in live action. Also, it's really cheap.

I want to hug_her

No, he wasn't nerfed, just mysteriously neglected as OP said. Otherwise he would have dominated the fight.

We all do.

>Seems that way. He was looking at a fucking cook book for a recipe.

If I use a cookbook for a recipe instead of Googling it on my smart phone, am I being nerfed?

>That and super strength doesn't negate physics. A lot of the times he was being "out-muscled", the person he was fighting was just exploiting pivot points and other movement control techniques. Cap especially did that well.

This gets forgotten a lot. However, Spider-Man really should have been able to overpower Captain America with speed and strength, but he didn't because it's Cap's movie and making people job to him is his greatest power. It happens in the comics all the time.

I think he's confusing Lagos with Laos.

I liked MCU "Zemo". Sure he has nothing to do with Zemo but he was an interesting villian and is probably my Nr 2 MCU Villian after Loki.

I assumed he held back because he could have easily killed pretty much everyone and they were trying to avoid that.

Do NOT bully Clint.

I thoroughly enjoyed quipeye getting beat up

He was too strong to be prevalent in the fight.

I'm surprised he was handled as poorly as he was, especially since there were multiple angles they could have come from and it would've been fine. They could have played up his earlier comments on how conflict breeds catastrophe and had him stay mostly neutral, only intervening when Captain was escaping in the jet. They also could have had him locked in combat with Scarlet Witch, since she was the only would who could have even touched Vision.

Instead he just seems to be hovering over the entire conflict and occasionally intervening, even though logically he should have been able to break Captain America's legs in like one second and end the conflict right there. There's also no reason he wasn't able to instantly put down any of the others except for Scarlet Witch.

Plot induced Stupidity, hes too strong to make a fighting script so the director has him do nothing offscreen.

>quipeye
Wut

>even though logically he should have been able to break Captain America's legs in like one second and end the conflict right there
Then you completely missed the fact that no one was going to break ANYONE's legs. And if actually believe breaking his legs was on the cards then you missed the entire point of that fight.

Protecting people from getting hurt, watching to make sure no one dies. Every thing he did in that fight was purely defensive until he was directly asked to fire a beam. And the ONE time he does something offensive it fucks up and cripples someone. Clearly, Vision will not be using any sort of offensive power on anyone for a long, long time if ever again.

Nah. He didn't because hes a kid who has never fought outside street brawls, which his powers make equivalent to beating up a toddler. There are physical setups and combinations you can't avoid with speed or strength unless you already know them. Spidey is punching him? Sweep a foot as he shifts his weight and follow through on the huge opening. Or take the hit, grab the hand, and shoulder throw. No matter how strong you are, if cap puts you in a shoulder throw you are hitting the ground hard unless you know to hip block. Spiderman definitely doesn't know to hip block.

The strength can be dealt with, but Spider-Man should be too fast for Cap. However, the MCU Spider-Man might not be as unfairly fast, which would make balancing his fights much much easier.

Man, you just totally ignored what I said. Ok, spider-man is faster cap, who cares? How do you dodge things you don't see? How do you stop counters based on prediction of your movements? How do you defy the laws of physics when you don't have the power to fly?

Look at the end fight between stark and rogers. Roger was way faster, beating the shit out of him, and all it took was ONE predictive block to turn the fight and fuck him up. You think a guy who's entire life is fighting people hand to hand can't see the patterns of the greenest rookie to ever fight an avenger?

Unless spidey has 360 vision, the ability to change his mass, and can dodge bullets, I really don't see a way for him to avoid every single attack cap can perform on him. (Which, to really hammer this down, WILL NOT BE DIRECT AND BASED ON SPEED)

Here, let goku educate you on how to fight speed.
youtu.be/oYOpc4kZ_-s?t=221

oops, 3:40 timestamp

Those are Cs. People get this false idea of what "large" breasts are from comics and video games, but my gf's sister has Ds and they're not much bigger than Olsen's.

angles matter

>Those are Cs. People get this false idea of what "large" breasts are from comics and video games, but my gf's sister has Ds and they're not much bigger than Olsen's.
It helps that in fiction the females exaggerate their cup size by having proportionally impossibly tiny waists. So even if the cup sizes are the same the fictional portrayal LOOKS larger.

>The one who really felt nerfed was Pete, since he was getting out-muscled by people that have no business even matching him for strength

Playfully stopping Bucky's robot arm and cooing over it established pretty clearly the relative strength levels, spidey was outmaneouvered by more experienced fighters, not outfought

Clint owes Wanda a debt, not Cap.