So I plan on trying to read through the xmen starting with giant sized and plan on also picking up current continuity...

So I plan on trying to read through the xmen starting with giant sized and plan on also picking up current continuity. Currently there are 7 xbooks. Uncanny, extraordinary, and I think adjectives, as well as old man logan, wolverine, 92' and uncanny avengers.

Is there any reason to read any of the books that don't have xmen in the title? I plan on just getting the 3 team books, the uncanny team, the flagship team, and the x23 and o5 team.

Also What's the line of demarcation where books go to shit in the 90s? Like where in wolverine does it become shit and jubilee stops showing up? Is there a point in reading x force or the government xfactor or should I drop both books after new mutants and xfactor 1 end? Honestly from rachel and miles I don't really give a shit about anyone on x factor other than scott? Should I just totally skip the book entirely?

Don't read the current books, they're fucking horrible. Just join the storytimes and enjoy the good times while they last.

But you guys are going to take a while to get to jubilee

>I plan on trying to read through the xmen starting with giant sized
See you in 20 years.

>Is there any reason to read any of the books that don't have xmen in the title?
If you're a New Mutants fan, you should check out New Avengers since it has Sunspot as the main character and recently added Cannonball to the team. Also, Beast is in Uncanny Inhumans, but he's a relatively minor character there so I wouldn't recommend reading that unless you really want to read about Beast being a race-traitor.

There was a Cable/Deadpool mini that ended a couple months ago, and an upcoming Gambit/Deadpool mini coming up, too.

Other than that, not really.

My favorite x men are jubilee, gambit, and nightcrawler

Where should I start?

I don't plan on reading everything post Claremont. I think I'm going to only do a few books from the 90s and 2000s

Oh, and Dazzler is in A-Force, and that's pretty good all things considered. They did a decent enough job fixing the damage Bendis did to the character, or at least trying to.

Eh, the only new mutants I care about following book to book are magik and maybe moonstar. New mutants seemed like more interesting as a team than as any of them Solo. Like most characters I'll just look at their wikis. The O5 I could care less about. Like I'd only really wanna follow scott, kurt, colossus, maybe rogue, jubilee, pixie, magik, maybe x23, storm, and banshee

if you like uncanny avengers, then maybe check out uncanny x-force.

i dont know anything about 90's x-force or 90's x-factor.
80's x-factor is the o5 until like issue 70 or something. i would read that for angel's suffering and then just drop it if you get bored with it.

I haven't read any xmen at all except for secret wars runaways

Gambit and Jubilee don't come until the end of the '80s so you're basically getting the very tail end of Claremont's run. Then for most of the '90s Gambit's one of the main X-Men and has a couple of solo series by I think Nicieza. Jubilee's in Generation X for most of the '90s.

Nightcralwer just start from Giant-Size and until Excalibur, then read Excalibur.

'90s X-Force is an alright book. The post-Operation: Zero Tolerance run where it's just Cannonball, Moonstar, Boom Boom (Meltdown at the time), Warpath, Siryn and I think Domino and Bedlam is pretty good, nowhere near edgy or XTREME at all.

The new books are atrocious(not '92, but that's out of continuity anyway). I basically would love Marvel to stop making me read the shitty afterbirth of the abortion known as Bendis. I love the X-Men, it's not like I can stop reading, I just would rather it not be viscerally awful. I want to stop feeling like they are insulting me on every fucking page. I'm stuck here god dammit, can't they at least try and make it pleasant?

Also, where the fuck is our CuteTM Marvel comic featuring mutants? We got Ms. Marvel, Squirrel Girl, Hellcat, Gwenpool... where the fuck is my X-Babies ongoing or someshit? It's not that I want to read it, but that I am feeling conspicuously left out in the cold of what is obviously a working marketing trend..

Why do they have to have solo books for characters? I know it sells better but it's stupid if walverine is in like 5 books at once

Isn't that all new all different wolverine

At what point does domino become a qt?

God no, I don't ever want to see a Cuteā„¢ Jubilee book written by some shitty webcomic creator or feminist comic blogger with art from some Deviantart or Tumblr artist who's never drawn an actual comic in their life.

I'd basically swear off Marvel until the next crash if they ruined my favorite character like that.

Why would they pick jubilee?

So, is Remender's Uncanny X-Force the only good X-book in the last six years?

Was there an actual good X-book since Marvel NOW?

Why would they pick Hellcat or Squirrel Girl? Quirky, "cute" young C-list women not really doing anything is what they seem to go for. It's the perfect book to throw on wome blogger and tumblr artist while appeasing demographics that don't read comics.

Jubilee has a kid. Although hell cat is 40 which makes her books more retard. Jubilee looked fucking awful in the squirrel girl book.

Jubilee had her own solo before and it got canceled. I honestly don't want her to get a solo again, I like her better on a team or as a side kick.

>they make a book with her
>they use the squirrel girl art
>they keep the fucking baby

Wake me up.jpg

Also when are they going to give her the bad ass energy claw?

They'd never keep the baby since that employs motherhood which is cisheteronormative. She will abandon the baby like a good mother so she can go partying, claim to be bisexual and fuck either a black guy or some twink-looking white numale.

She hasn't had a male love interest since gen x. In which she did like synch, but luckily jubilee was in a book with Paige, m, and emma.

Both synch and skin got killed. I don't even think synch is in xmen 92.

Also hell cat and squirrel girl haven't been selling at all

Marvel continues to re-launch Captain Marvel despite its garbage sales. They continue putting out books like Squirrel Girl and Hellcat despite KNOWING there's no real audience for it. With that Disney money, putting out 12 issues of a book that you're paying the amateur creators peanuts on is nothing.

I mean that's not to say that book every WOULD happen, it's just that you can't make a rational argument for it not happening because Marvel, right now, does not give a fuck. The PR they get from these books is something they value more than the sales.

>Was there an actual good X-book since Marvel NOW?
Spurrier's X-men Legacy, Hopeless' Cable & the X-force, Spurrier's X-force, A+X, Secret Wars: Inferno, Secret Wars: E is for Extinction, All-new X-factor, Rucka's Cyclops, Claremont's Nightcrawler, All-new Doop, Cable/Deadpool: Split Second and Secret Wars: X-tinction Agenda were all good.

She went on a date with Chamber in X-men '92, but that's an alt-universe.

>Is there any reason to read any of the books that don't have xmen in the title?
Yes.