Is there a more overhyped corp than the American Muhrines?

Is there a more overhyped corp than the American Muhrines?

They're supposed to be their elite troops but they're no better than any other country's standard frontline troop like Britain or France or even China.

Yeah they are. USA #1 baby

The USA will get their shit pushed in the next war they're in at this rate. With all their means they failed to hold on a mostly small flat country and a mountainous but extremely poor nearly medieval nation.

I don't think they could carry out a successful invasion of Iran let alone defend against Russia and china.

Aren't the marines suppose to fight on land, sea and air? If they can do that that's already better than any countries standart frontline troop.

>Aren't the marines suppose to fight on air?

Lol how do you do that? They aren't pilots.

marines are surely better than the average army dude

Whoever made this meme, no one denies that we joined the military for personal gain. There is almost no one nowadays joining the military to "fight for your freedom" etc etc. We all joined for the benefits, free college. We take advantage of the government. The military teaches us skills, sets us up for success and pays for our college while giving us salary pay. It does have it cons, one thing for sure is the constant stress. Being in the military is one of the most stressful jobs in the world. As an airplane mechanic if I screw up or make a careless mistake I will be sent to prison and get a dishonorable discharge.

HALT! (picking on the military now? have you no shame?)

This is a public service announcement to the brave scribe-anons slogging through years of digital corruption. Help educate newfriends and fight off the endless tide of minimum wage shills!

Please familiarize yourself with this pamphlet. Save for later reference. Invoke in any suspected shill thread to banish it.

Immunize yourself against degeneracy.
Keep Sup Forums uncontrolled.
Keep fighting the good fight.

Ignore that fuckin pussy leaf.
Talks about the Marines from Basement Kingdom.
Play with mommy's tits when she brings you down another plate of tendies, potato-neck

> if I screw up or make a careless mistake I will be sent to prison and get a dishonorable
Only if you behave like a total irresponsible fuckwit and then you deserve it. No stress if you're a decent human being. Also as a mechanic you already do more than the ''infantry'' guy who sits on his ass and watches tv all day.

You underestimate the USMC leaf

They have tons of helicopters, you retard. They have tons of pilots.

in the US that's not an achievement. Joining the army is like getting basic income for free.

Wow an army corp has air support. Wow it's fucking impressive. Deserving of all those movies 10/10 USA USA.

Why do you think Marines are our elite troops?

All your media and culture portrays them as such.

Any British royal marines or heck legionaire would wipe the floor with an American Muhrine.

What the fuck, leaf

Dumping USMC aircraft

Dumping USMC aircraft

The job of the marine is to assault a dangerous area and take it with upwards of 40% losses.

They're basically signing up to be cannon fodder. Let them have some pride before they die.

f18

Marine Corps has a little bit of everything.

Can confirm that our fleet is completely fucking depleted.

You're basing this on what? Russia wasn't able to hold Afghanistan. China pulled out of vietnam as well.

osprey

canadia instigating shit

I have to admit it is funny

>All your media and culture portrays them as such.
The media is 99% bullshit. And the US Marines are not the elite troop of the US.

Combat engineers go in before marines clearing mines making it safe for marines to come in. And combat engineers aren't the most elite either. There are several above that.

*citation needed

I'd say the worship is needed. They get a shit deal. They are the smallest branch, have the lowest living standards, higher physical standards, etc. they are basically used as attack dogs to clear the way for the army. Just bullet bags basically. The real elites are like the armies green berets, Rangers, and deltas. They don't get much coverage though.

Some of the dumbest little fucks in high school went in to be Marines. I know if they could make it in, the standards must be shit. This was in 2003. Now it's sounds like it is a bunch of faggots with guns and bombs. We need to check who we give weapons to. I have talked to a marine who bragged on how they kept tally of kids they shot and carried deop guns when they shoot innocent people trying to live their lives. Bunch of sick fucks who deserve getting fucked up for being evil.

I am kind of curious who we will invade in the next few years. Also, US involved wars are going to be hilarious decades from now.

"Some brown people who live in Kerfuckinstanilla managed to kill some of us. Send in 50,000 troops in invincible mech suits, the invisible drone murder machines and 80 billion dollars in killing technology to their country. Should take 50 years to win."

>The real elites are like the armies green berets, Rangers, and deltas. They don't get much coverage though.
I'll give you that

You do realize we rolled over the entire Iraqi army in no time at all right? You also do realize that the occupation has been very successful in terms of kills vs deaths right? Afghanistan is probably one of the most difficult countries to occupy too, considering they have been in almost constant war/occupation by much larger and more well equipped forces for the past 50 years or so.

you want to know what the military is really like? watch this movie. its the most accurate portrayal of the junior enlisted lifestyle.

>Combat engineers go in before marines clearing mines making it safe for marines to come in. And combat engineers aren't the most elite either.
are these actual engineers or just some technicians.

>occupation by more well equipped forces
>more well equipped
literally who?

Fucking pillow fighters trying to talk about military power.

the officer of the bunch is usually the legit engineer, all his enlisted troops are wrench/hammer monkeys.

>US involved wars are going to be hilarious decades from now.
We have an optimist here.

"ok"

I have a bachelor's degree in Psychology, and a minor in computer science. In what rank would this get me if I decided to enlist? I've been without a job for 6 months now and I'm researching all my options.

Technicians. I was in a pretty basic math class early on in college and some military guy was struggling to pass but he needed it for his job as some type of military "engineer".
The real engineers are from the military academies and are not clearing mines.

>using hammers and a bunch of disposable guys to clear mines
sounds like the Russian combat engineers desu

>syntax
Every nation that has entered Afghanistan has had better equipment than Afghanistan civilians.

I've recently lost my respect for the army. Most of them are actually just retarded white trash, beaners, and niggers that couldn't cut it in civilian jobs. A lot of them are dumb as a bucket of rocks, too. I see them all the time in Wal-Mart.

The ones that become officers or get a STEM degree are usually good, though.

Because they don't fear the American soldiers at all.

These goat fuckers know they're fighting a bunch of disfranchised video game playing youths with overpriced gadgets and not cool headed killers like some other countries can field.

May a devil dog chew your nuts off.

>the officer of the bunch is usually the legit engineer
Wonder how they pick them among all the nerds that study engineering. That job must require some solid nerves.

>derkas aren't afraid of spooks who can see miles in pitch darkness and call in localised breakthroughs of Hell itself if they get pissed
confirmed retard, thread's over folks

>be current year
>not realizing that the Marines are the United States Navy's personal army

You really have no idea how much firepower the Navy can bring to bear. We have our own airforce, our own army, and we still can move the other two branches to countries. The United States Navy will bring the full force of a Biblical God to your doorstep and after we are done laying waste to your land, you will thank us for it. Because we can do it every day until we get tired of your liberty ports.

Reminder that US Navy Seals are the best trained fighters in the world.

>Random Canadian on Sup Forums perfectly understands the combine knowledge and mentality of all the opposing forces in Afghanistan

Frig off leafposter

Anyone?

HALT!

If you are reading this right now, you're either scrolling through piles of shitposts, or have been b8d by a slide thread. Although this may have been posted by a citizen with good intentions, all readers and posters benefit from the following information.

Please familiarize yourself with this pamphlet. Save for later reference. Invoke in any suspected shill thread to banish it.

Immunize yourself against degeneracy.
Keep Sup Forums uncontrolled.

War is more simple than you think.

I know if you join the military with a degree already, you get to be an officer. You get payed really well

I don't think any American here is in the military. Which explains the ignorance of 80% of the people in this thread (and more)

not nice.

Just because a lot of bottomfeeders join the military doesn't mean you shouldn't respect your servicemen. They're at least sacrificing something in exchange for their benefits which is a lot more than most welfare parasites.

This
/thread

If you enlist, you'll go in as an E-3. That's a Private First Class in the Army, a Seaman in the Navy/CG, and a Lance Corporal in the Marine Corps. I don't know shit about the Air Force.
That being said, don't fucking enlist. You have a degree, find the nearest officer recruiter for whatever branch you wanna join and ask about Officer Candidate School.
I'll try to answer as many of your questions as possible.

When they aren't getting blown up by their own to cover false assassinations of terrorist bogeymen.

What is Officer Candidate School? I am also planning on continuing my education eventually, will this somehow impact negatively if I tell a recruiter (assuming I end up joining the military)

>what is Officer Candidate School
It's where you go to become an officer. Not every officer is prior-enlisted, they can go in as an O-1. And no, your benefits will pay for your college down the line. I don't know about the Army or Air Force, but the Navy actually has a school called the Naval Post-graduate School where you can get a master's.

>SF, Rangers and CAG don't get much coverage.
Silent professionals for a reason user.

They aren't elite, slightly better than an average 11b but woefully underfunded. It evens out because of the funding difference.

Fuckin' war bunnies.

Uhmmm...black hawks?, LAVs?

Marines don't lose battles

If marines are so bad ass then how come they are sobbing & whining every 4th of July about "muh ptsd" when their neighbors toss a few firecrackers into the street to celebrate freedom? Why can't marines not be cucks like pic related?

See

Different methods of coping I think.

Said the Canadian, eh?

Recon Marines actually have decent training, regular Marines are fucking awful.

This is true

They can still fuck you up faggot. especially compared to YOUR military.

>yfw the US Coast Guard is bigger than some countries' navies

The US military in general is overhyped.

They may have good equipment, but that doesn't mean they have the best personnel.

They also have the highest ASVAB score requirements iirc yet coast guards still get treated like they aren't an important branch or that they are shittier for some reason. Baffles me

>coast guard
They aren't use for combat, just kind of a national guard of the water.

It's always Canadians making threads like these. Is it some kind of inferiority complex?

I mean, I can't even bother getting worked up about them because the country is so mind-numbingly irrelevant. Hell, they can't even manage to take the shitposting king title away from the Aussies. All they're known for around here is Trudeau being a caricature of liberal.

You would not get E-3 in the Marines for a degree. You'd get E-2 (PFC). The only way to walk off of the depot as E-3 is to already have E-2 and get company honor Marine or whatever they call it.

Check WW2. Battle of Guadalcanal I think.

Every branch of the U.S military has flight fighting capabilities you moron

My friend in the army confirmed they are shit. They may once been an elite fighting force but its been overrun with cowadooty MUHREENS HOOHA faggets.

>supposed to be elite
uhhh, no
>no better
the fact that the average jarhead is so stupid that he can accidentally destroy the enemy wholesale is quite impressive

thanks for letting us know that you're an ignorant faggot

The chances of getting E-3 right out of boot camp is slim to none. I've seen guys who rate it but got turned down. Being an E3 means you have some compitence level about how the branch works.

LEAF!

>fight on air

Nigger, Marines aren't fucking Goku- they don't fight "on the air".

The Marines do have their own fighters, which is stupid, but the a Army also has their own close air support. There's no elite about marines. They're just organized differently have a few different vehicles.

>Is it some kind of inferiority complex?

Couldn't hack it, eh? Sorry pal.

>but its been overrun with cowadooty MUHREENS HOOHA faggets.
this. The staff in the American army is pathetic. You can't just win a war with money and gadgets.

You all forgot to check OPs flag. It is a leaf and we ignore them to lower shitposting levels.

A fucking leaf...

You sure told us. Great meme kiddo.

If you have a degree, you should see about commissioning. If you enlist, your degree will be wasted and more than likely you will be taking orders from people the same age/younger than you.

E3 in the Air Force is an Airman First Class. Next is Senior Airman, followed by Staff Sergeant.

Looks like we need to bleach your gene pool again.

This. i miss australias shitposting desu.

Yes, classic stuff from them drunk and trembling from the terror of emu hordes outside their hut. With the degenerate leaf filth it is all about how butthurt they are that they are the US's hat and they have a mlp loving loser as PM.

They seem pretty elite the way they waste those cops every other week