What should I recommend for someone who says Supes is a boring character?

What should I recommend for someone who says Supes is a boring character?

Other urls found in this thread:

www18.zippyshare.com/v/kF55TDqd/file.html
www18.zippyshare.com/v/fJl4GPOb/file.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Recommend they read something besides manga.

Nothing you show them will change their minds. People only hate him because he's a boy scout. It's the same issue for Captain America.

A kick in the bum and All-Star, in that order.

Recommend manga. It's superior.

Unless they came to you looking for a recommendation don't even bother. If that's the way they feel and have no intention of considering otherwise then anything you push on them will just fall on deaf ears.

Kingdom Come. So that they can confirm their beliefs.

But Captain America is still likeable since he is not literal Jesus. DC characters suck so badly.

Somebody got lost. Steven Universe thread is that way>>>

The door

Superman the Animated Series.

Superman: The Animated Series

Recommend him something else.

Manga characters are even more boring most of the time though. They'd probably see Supes as interesting.

Injustice

I'm sorry, SU is for people who have shit taste. Maybe I should recommend the thread for you.

Not every manga is shounen.

Really defensive/10

INJUSTICE: NYARRRGGHHS AMONG US

>+1 hipster points

>Jesus

He's not even really Christ-like. It depends on the context of the story and how the author portrays him.

I'm sure when Shuster and Siegal created him they had little bit of Moses in mind though.

>I'm sorry, SU is for people who have shit taste.

Oh good. You got my joke.

A high five

A really boring story of their favorite character

>They'd probably see Supes as interesting

I guess if they like sentient planks of wood.

I know and you should go there.

Why the fuck would I go there? They make that cartoon for faggy people. Like manga fans.

Superman: The Animated series.

Provide beer and chips if they hang out and watch it with you.
Rainier beer if you're cheap. Nobody really hates that stuff.

Anons please. You're both fags and should therefor fuck off to

>They make that cartoon for faggy people. Like Supe fans

ftfy

These: plus the following:

Superman and the Legion of Super-Heroes
Escape From Bizarro World
For The Man Who Has Everything

Stop

>people STILL suggesting All-Star as a way to make people like Superman
This is why nobody takes Superfags seriously. You're absolutely delusional. It's a great book, but only if you already love the character.

Don't recommend anything. Most people will never change their preconceptions about characters. Humans are stubborn and don't want to admit that they're wrong. Especially about something as trivial as liking a superhero.

>that passive aggression

Superman - Emperor Joker (2016) (digital TPB) (Glorith-Novus-HD).cbz.zip.001
www18.zippyshare.com/v/kF55TDqd/file.html

Superman - Emperor Joker (2016) (digital TPB) (Glorith-Novus-HD).cbz.zip.002
www18.zippyshare.com/v/fJl4GPOb/file.html

SU is actually for patricians with discerning taste.

If he's a manga fag: One Punch Man

If he likes movies but not thsoe by the big 2: Unbreakable.

If he likes vidya: Freedom Force

And then, and if you really want him to like Superman: All-Star Superman

First you recommend Superman stories that don't involve Superman. Then you have the nerve to recommend the one story that embodies what detractors say is wrong with Superman.

Fuck you.

OP, Superman: Secret Identity or Superman New 52 volume 1. Superman Earth One is also a nice option.

Well, I assumed OP wanted to break his friend slowly into capes without using the Big 2.

And besides, have you actually read All Star Superman? It's pretty comfy. Arguably the best Supe comic ever.

Superman is a boring character. It's his cast that makes superman stories.

I read it. It's a love letter to the Silver Age. It's light, campy and over-the-top. All good things for its purposes. It's an enjoyable read.

Stop using "comfy" to describe shit. It's lazy and says absolutely nothing.

You let him live in peace, you fucking zealots.
Worse than religious fags trying to convert everyone, do you go around houses asking if they accepted Superman in their lives yet?

>b-but he is wrong and I have to correct him because this is my mission in life

Kill yourself

Vs the Elite movie

lol this guy

Ah yes, the movie where superman defends his boring ideals by being the strongest and winning without trying. I'm sure that detractors will see how great Superman is and not thing that Manchester Black was cool and should have won.

This

Comfy is a nice term. Its a way of saying something is an enjoyable read. Its short for "comfortable"

Like, I wouldn't call Watchmen, while great, comfy. But I would call Marvel 1602 comfy.

Why do superman threads always end up being filled with trolls? As for the question, for starters I'd advice last son, Brainiac, or War of the supermen. Or Morrison's JLA.
>Reccomending stuff to people is being a zealot.

Don't be so defensive.

>I don't read comics.

One of the best Supes stories. I would recommend it for anyone who doesn't understand the character.

Is it wrong to say that AS S isnt a good introductory story into Superman?
In my opinion it has a good Superman but it has so much baggage from the Silver Age and Morrison stuff i dont reccomend it because you really dont fully enjoy it unless you know the lore.
and if you can fully enjoy it on a first read then why reccomend it.

What episodes?

OP here, I'm with you.

I've found that the most recommended Superman stories are usually the exact ones that make people hate him.

IMO, Superman fans don't understand that -- to an outsider -- he's basically treated like Felicity on Arrow. For example, when people call Superman a Mary Sue/Gary Stu, the fans focus on the fact that he's invulnerable or a writer/audience stand-in -- they never acknowledge the fact that he's WAY too overpraised/overmythologized, or the fact that every recommended Superman story makes him out to be the most important character to have ever lived, or, the fact that every big Superman story is essentially about Superman and nothing else.

In comparison, Batman stories usually have Gotham or crime or something else as their centerpiece -- they're not about the superhero as much as they are the city. Even with Batman frequently being more capable than Superman, he's rarely a Gary Stu because his stories are rarely *just* about him.

Superman: Lois and Clark is kind of breath of fresh air in that regard, and it's no surprise that people like it. It's less about Superman himself (pre-Flashpoint Superman, in this case), than it is about his family and their relationship with the New52 multiverse. Besides Lois, there's no one who even can overpraise this particular Superman -- otherwise, he'd be revealing too much of himself.

Going back in time, the original Superman run by Siegel and Shuster (forgiving the pacing and feel of Golden Age comics) is also a good showcasing of the character. Their Superman existed when there weren't superheroes and when, weirdly enough, NPCs didn't give a rat's ass about superheroes, either.

A Smack in the mouth.

I agree. Plus someone who thinks that superman is boring isn't going to like a relatively slow paced story with lots of feels. I'd advice something less dense and more action packed. Only a person who is willing to give the character a chance can like ASS.

Friendly reminder: Pre-Crisis Superman > Post-Crisis Superman

Well then there's Lex Luthor: Man of Steel, infinite crisis,, legion of superheroes, JLA and others that focus more on his supporting cast/ othr superheroes while still portraying superman in a positive light.

ITT: Bored non-Supes fans troll easily b8ed (and probably autistic) Supes fans.

You would think you guys would've stopped countering their autism with your own by this point, come on guys.

>In comparison, Batman stories usually have Gotham or crime or something else as their centerpiece -- they're not about the superhero as much as they are the city. Even with Batman frequently being more capable than Superman, he's rarely a Gary Stu because his stories are rarely *just* about him.
This is completely untrue, fuck off you gigantic casual, the most recommended and read Batman story is The Dark Knight returns which is about how Bruce is da best, the city went to shit without him, he can beat up Superman, he turns all of the gang members in the city into Batfags
Just fuck off with your bullshit

What's So Funny About Truth Justice and The American Way

>Ever recommending Earth 1
Die

Didn't read the "usually" in the original post, did you?

Never read that. What's wrong with it?

Tell them to watch STAS
He's just a cool dude really

You won't be able to. The things that fans love about him and the exact same things that other people hate about him

OP, what you gotta do is ask yourself, what would Superman do?

And then, you gotta realize that Supes wouldn't give two shits that people don't like his favorite character, and would instead say "Well, to each his own." with a half-assed smile, then drop the subject.

If that's all you got out of TDKR you should read it again. Bruce is show constantly to be old and past his prime. Plus the Superman fight has everything stacked in favor of batman and Supes still tanks everything that is thrown at him and lets Bruce fake his death because he never wanted the fight in the first place.

>In comparison, Batman stories usually have Gotham or crime or something else as their centerpiece -- they're not about the superhero as much as they are the city. Even with Batman frequently being more capable than Superman, he's rarely a Gary Stu because his stories are rarely *just* about him.
Go away Scott Snyder

Superman in Returns was kind of a sweetheart, I dunno why people saw him as a villain at all.

Way to dodge the argument. So basically, what you're saying is that TDKR is, in fact, just about Batman

There's also a lot about Superman, Gotham and his rouges. Batman is the protagonist so of course he's present for much of the book but that doesn't mean that there isn't also a lot of focus on Gotham, Superman and the villains.
I was mostly responding to your implication that TDKR is some kind of nonstop batwank which is far from the truth. TDKR bats is old, fucks up multiple times and his final "victory" is faking his death and running away.

I was being hyperbolic to make my point, but glad that you agree the book is indeed all about Batman.

But that's not true either, Legends of the Dark Knight has a storytelling style like that but Batman proper comics, the most popular ones: O'Neil, Morrison, Miller; they all focus on Bruce's character and his inner struggle.

literally this

Oh shit! You just know anyone who says this is probably an avid Manga reader, too. Fuuuuck.

I got into Superman with Brainiac by Geoff Johns like 2 weeks after BvS. I hated the movie but I thought I'd give the character an actual shot.

I then went into All Star, Birthright, Whatever Happened, For the Man Who Has Everything, For All Seasons, Up, Up and Away, What's So Funny, Red Son, and Secret Identity.

I'm not that experienced, but personally if I had to start again, I'd go with Brithright as a starting point, Up, Up and Away, For All Seasons, Brainiac and Secret Identity.

I'd personally recommend reading All-Star last. While I did enjoy All Star, I don't think I fully appreciated it.

My two cents as a new comer to Supes. Feel free to call me a faggot.

It's sad how true this is.

kek

American Alien

Man, Kryptonite is such an underrated book. Though that could just be me being biased towards Cooke and Sale. It's kinda disappointing that the New 52 Superman doesn't really have much going for him, other than Morrison's run and maybe Unchained, which was pretty fun even if it gave us the dopiest Superman suit ever.

>What should I recommend for someone who says Supes is a boring character?
recommend them this dickā€¦

no seriously

after that good sex hand them Elliot S. Maggin's Superman run followed by Cary Bates

for that old school camp fun give them some Otto Binder issues and Kirby's work in Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen

Hereafter

Superman IS a boring, bland character so nothing really.

Is there a superman series where superman dies and stays dead?

No, because continuity is lie and unnatainable is this medium.

I like you, faggot

it wouldn't be a series if superman ended, would it?

It would make me happy because Superman is too op

Post the page where batman gets btfo

Suicide

>Permanently killing off an iconic character sure is profitable right guys? amirite guys?

American Alien needs to be added to this.

That one story where he hangs out at a coffee shop with some cop

American Alien. It'll be the most effective story at grabbing new superman fans

>Ruining the very concept of death in comic books won't hurt the industry greatly for decades to come, right? Right?

technically new52's earth 2 but they just replaced him later on.

I'm surprised I didn't think of this before. That would be a good idea.

>DC characters suck so badly.

Confirmed to only read/watch Marvel comics/movies.

Brainiac and Kingdom Come, while good stories, don't show Supes himself as being particularly interesting.

t. Someone who thinks Superman is generally boring but is open to being proved wrong.