Justice League

Will it be good?

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbookresources.com/article/ben-affleck-confirms-hes-working-something-with-dcs-geoff-johns
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Snyder directing
You know the answer

I hope so. I think the backlash on BvS will help them fix up the mistakes while keeping what worked. Also, I love every single cast member and am really excited for them to punch things

>Snyder
no

Hasn't there been a shareholder meeting at WB recently? Maybe there's a chance Zack the Hack will get fucked off.

The movie's already started filming.

comicbookresources.com/article/ben-affleck-confirms-hes-working-something-with-dcs-geoff-johns

Maybe now that with Ben and Geoff holding his hands he will make something good.

Just like the backlash on MoS made them reconsider the characterization on Superman and his family.
Oh wait no it fucking didn't.

Look, I know you don't like the movie, but you can't actually believe that Superman was as grim and angry in BvS as he was in Man of Steel. He spends half the screentime making out with Lois or having heartfelt conversations with his parents.

Maybe this will help illustrate my point better: If Man of Steel had gotten good reviews, BvS would have been worse than it is.

Justice league? More like JUSTice league amirite

>Fvcl Mavval
What did he mean by that

I want it to be good, but I doubt it.

After MoS and BvS, I have no faith left for the Snyderverse. I was willing to cut him some slack after MoS, but he also shit the bed with BvS so not anymore.

>firing the director while filming
Not a chance, and not a chance of Snyder being fired at all when his wife is in the group that decides to do so.

Say what you will about Marvel, but at least they had the good sense not to hire Jason Momoa.

All it has to do is be as fantastic as Man of Steel

If after 3 years, a person dont realize how great that film is then you should give up on DC or just wait til Batman or something

>cyborg as main JL character
yeah no

I think it'll be better then BvS if only because by design it has to be a big, dumb action movie. They'll be less room for Zack's pottery and garbage fire dialogue, it's going to be 2.5 hours of explosions in slo-mo.

I'm sure the 7-hour Director's Cut will add all that back in though.

Why? Is he a bad actor?

Miller and Affleck are producing

it might be less bad

Affleck is EP now, but he might not be able to make any real changes given the time frame.

He's busy working on his next Bawston crime thriller, I doubt he's going to have much impact on the writing of JL.

It's doomed.

Typecast as big guy.

>Look, I know you don't like the movie, but you can't actually believe that Superman was as grim and angry in BvS as he was in Man of Steel
Flash literally travelled back in time to try and warn Batman that Superman would eventually doom the Earth. How much more worse can it get?

I assume he's friends with Aidan Gillen.

MoS backlash didn't teach them anything. Well except to add a line about the area being abandoned.

Being this obtuse

They tried to, but then Basedtista wouldn't have made Drax so memorable.

Impossible. He can't tell a story to save his life.

There's no reason to think otherwise. MoS and BvS were exceptionally good and enjoyable films in my opinion.

Not sure if bait or just sarcasm.

no but he denied being drax because he didn't want to be that type of character again

it will be amazing, better than BvS.

on a side not i did like bvs, despite what every1 says..... weird right?

With Snyder and Goyer leading the film, I can't see it being any good. The only hope for the DC cinematic universe is the solo films he's not involved in (I am hype for the solo Batman and Aquaman movies), or that Warner Brothers will see reason and get George Miller run the film to direct instead.

Oh boy, can't wait for shit movie you can't criticize otherwise you are A BATFAG!!! because apparently Johns, I mean the Cereal King meme, is the best writer in the industry

Of course it will be.

BvS was goat patrician kino, there's no reason to expect JL to be any less.

He actually wanted more money

Zack had Nolan in the producer chair and we still got what we got. Nolan was against the Superman death and everything.

Hopefully, but I think Snyder's track record more or less speaks for itself by this point.

I'm gonna say no. Not only because Snyder is a hack and an idiot, but it's also a studio problem as well. Snyder is just a symptom of Warner Bros incompetence when it comes to running a comic book universe. They don't have the right kind of leader, a focused vision, or actual comic book fans writing these movies.

I don't believe you have to be like Marvel to have a CBM Universe, but the problem is WB/DC is doing the exact opposite of everything the MCU is doing, and it really, reaaaaally shows.

Any kind of news when?

No.

please bring Nolan back
I'd rather have to deal with Sup Forums hating those movies because they are from him than for what they do now

Pretty much this

There's nothing inherently wrong with setting up a shared universe, but it really feels like WB is trying too hard and moving both too fast and not fast enough.

I liked that we didn't need a full blown Batman origin movie. Everyone knows his origin already. We can all just jump in, but when you sprinkle in "Oh shit, wait for the next movie for this guy" without earning it, you're aping Marvel movies anyway.

Also, fire Snyder. Jesus Christ. If you want thought-provoking and a darker take, that's fine, but don't bring back Snyder.

Knowing how jewie Disney is about salaries, Mamoa prolly got a much better deal with WB.

Oh, c'mon. I'm generally annoyed at the push Geoff has given the character since N52 started, but it's been five years and he's not going anywhere. Yeah, his name is lame and he's no Martian Manhunter or Green Lantern, but I think his connection to Mother Box, and therefore New Gods, will make him an interesting character. There's potential in the plight of a man who doesn't know if he's more human or machine. He could be Adam Jensen, but less edgy.

I would like nothing more but i know is going to suck ....

It's a bad time to be a DC faggot.

If Batffleck is Executive producer there may be a chance. His parts in BvS were fantastic. But, Snyder can not fuck this one up. He's had two chances to sell people on this universe and it's not working.

I hated MoS, but I thought BvS was serviceable. Just had really choppy and inconsistent editing with little connective tissue. Some the script and ideas were good.

>Goyer
That bitch is gone, so you can relax.

Fucking these.

WB fucked up.

>guy behind the most successful DC movies is gone
>good

I don't get how somebody like Goyer wrote TDK and then Man of Steel...

The conference call was for all of WB. They sidestepped disappointing BvS and talked up CNN and Turner Sports, saying their Q1 this year was great. No caller asked about BvS specifically, almost all on TV. You can look up the transcript.

MoS was good, BvS was great. Justice League will be the best thing ever if they continue to improve.

That actually makes sense since they're writing Superman as if he was Batman in those movie.

cant believe it took 20+ replies to get an user with taste

>Will it be good?
It's hard to say, at this point. All the rumors seem to indicate that WB is on fire and everyone is screaming and scared shitless over there.

Tsujihara saying that Justice League will be a "crowd pleaser" has me worried, because it instantly makes me think it will be bland, inoffensive, and ultimately forgettable fluff. I know it's an incredibly unpopular opinion to like Snyder, but I do. People say he's style over substance, but that's inaccurate; Snyder's substance is in his style. He is a visual story teller. In every single frame, he is telling us something. He has an incredible eye and is truly enthusiastic about these characters and the universe.

But I do think he may have had too much say up until now, and we're seeing the results of that. Snyder has issues with tone: no restraint when it comes to violence. It comes off as tasteless and can feel like he's missing the point of these characters. He's been described by multiple people in various ways that he has a silver tongue, (interesting, as the guy seems painfully inarticulate in interviews) which may speak to how he was able to exert so much control over BvS.

The scripts must be stellar, fucking Willem Dafoe is in on Justice League. But great material can be overshadowed by a lack of willful producers. And shoddy editing. But Synder's problem is making four hours movies and then having to cut them into theatrical sizes.

I want Snyder on the DCEU, I think he's a perfect fit. But he does need people to tell him "no". I just hope that WB doesn't keep him on so tight a leash that they're basically taking creative rights away from him and making a paint-by-numbers super hero movie.

tl;dr I hope so

1 bad film is a pretty good track record user

Hopefully this is his last movie with DC. Once Justice League gets panned maybe DC will finally learn their lesson and ban him from ever touching or even talking about the characters again. Hopefully Justice League doesn't kill the DCEU so they can recuperate.

DC has zero say in their movies, WB has complete control.

>weeb poster has shit taste
hardly surprising

>In every single frame, he is telling us something.

I wouldn't say every frame, but I believe this is true. It's kind of like the analysis one user made about for the Man Who Has Everything where every panel was important and had significance. I liked the little things in BvS.

I wouldn't mind a 4 hour movie though; I have the patience for it and I liked every second of BvS (except for the bath scene, but I was able to see why it was important)

At this point if you're optimistic you're either an idiot or delusional

Which isn't to say it can't be good, but the logical choice is to be skeptical

>you're either an idiot or delusional
think you're projecting a bit to much there

>I think the backlash on BvS will help them fix up the mistakes while keeping what worked.
No. The backlash on MoS already caused the clusterfuck of ideas that got forced into BvS, despite the fact I think the movie mostly pulled it off. The BvS backlash is such a mish-mash of uneducated opinions from manchildren, using it as a guide to fix anything will only ruin it.

Hell, the backlash from MoS even affected the Marvel universe, with their stupidly-low death tolls and hamfisted hero-guilt slinging that happened in the first part of Civil War. Not to mention the transparently appeasing helicarrier save during the end of AoU, just so people in the theaters don't have to worry about nasty, icky things like people actually dying because of Ultron's attack.

I think it's funny how much the DCEU has shaped the MCU since it's debut, because the DCEU is the only one willing to test limits and boundaries of what people find acceptable in a comic book movie. Hell, the Russos even admitted that the only reason Marvel studios let them go forward with the Civil War plot was because BvS was announced, and they realized they'd have to break away from their tired formula to keep up, which is ironic because the absolute WORST thing about Civil War was the Civil War plot. The fact that nobody ever once brought up that if the Avengers had done nothing, the death tolls would have been infinitely higher, and also the fact that the US government was willing to nuke the fuck out of Manhattan by itself. It's such a massive plot hole just to facilitate a flimsy rivalry.

Anyway, OP, I hope it will be good. Affleck and Snyder seem like an interesting pair that can most certainly turn out something worth watching. There are a lot of expectations. I think a lot of excitement for this movie will be based on how good Wonder Woman ends up being.

Or you actually have good taste lol

If you didn't like BvS it's either due to stupidity or lack of empathy.

I know. I just meant DC as in the films not the company itself. I used bad wording, my bad.

Are you trying to say that Snyder is good?

>Zack Snyder
No.

>He spends half the screentime making out with Lois or having heartfelt conversations with his parents.
Yeah, because that's the best way to show what Superman is like.

Dude he's sad or angry for all but maybe two minutes of that film.

He's just putting his cards on the table for when he finally usurps Snyder for JL2
>we might have to wait until 2019 for a decent JL movie

Still say he'd make a batter namor than aquaman

Not only am i saying that im calling you weeb-trash with no discernible taste.

I'm worried because the new cinematographer is some newbie from TV. I would hate to have the fucking Justice League movie look like a Marvel film.

I hope Snyder will be enough to maintain the filmic quality from the last two movies.

>28%

Lol I guess over 70% of critics are just wrong and it was a masterpiece, my mistake

You can make a case for MoS (which I would still argue sucked) as a love it or hate it movie, but BvS was universally panned

If you like it, you're the one with shit taste. That's just math.

Well put, my friend. You and I are in the same boat.

>Zack Snyder is involved
No, it will not be good.

>if your opinions don't align with a majority of critics on RottenTomatoes.com, you have shit taste
How much of a fucking pleb can you be?

> People say he's style over substance, but that's inaccurate; Snyder's substance is in his style. He is a visual story teller. In every single frame, he is telling us something. He has an incredible eye and is truly enthusiastic about these characters and the universe.

Even if this is true, and I'm not saying it is, but even if it is true, what he's saying is as inarticulate, muddled, and ultimately wrong for the characters he's supposed to be adapting. Moreover, I think that any greater aspirations he has thematically can, do, and always will take backseat to what he thinks is cool. like skulls and axes.

>hamfisted hero-guilt slinging that happened in the first part of Civil War.
Did you not read the comics? That was the entire impetus of Civil War there too and that predates the DCEU by years.

You're right, liking movies everyone says are terrible is the true metric of taste. You've shown me the light. Transformers and Adam Sandler movies are true kino I guess.

You fucking retard.

>Zack "I don't know what collateral damage is" Snyder is involved
What do you think?

Literally argument ad populum.

If you really believe that the critics had legitimate criticism, then you're ignorant or insane.

How is WB going too fast? Because they aren't wasting their 4 movies as filler origin episodes to the team up episode?

>comparing Snyder to fucking Adam Sandler and Transformers
dude
they're not that bad
these movies really truly are not actually that bad

why do these movies get so blown out of proportion?

Well I am a namefag weeaboo cunt but at least I don't like Snyder. So if that makes me have bad taste in your eyes then nothing of value has been lost.

Holy shit, WB is a bunch of idiots. They can't see a huge pile of shit in their ice cream?

Not that user, but calling a near-universally panned film "great" makes you look like a contrarian at best, and an idiot at worst.
It'd be like calling Gigli the best thing since The Gospel According to St. Matthew.

Because while not being THAT bad they are still bad, so when someone says they're good people that don't like them have to double down on talking shit about them.
People saying bad movie is good = Sequels still being bad.

Jimmy, Alfred, Lois, Lex, and Senator Finch needed solo movies before BvS, buddy.

its gonna be dark, gritty, edgy and on a scale of greys again

>Did you not read the comics?
We're not talking about the comics. The problem with it is not that it was included, but that it was done so poorly. There have been practically no mentions of consequences or social/political unrest surrounding the Avengers and what they do, even to the point of having Tony walk away with a quip and a smile at the end of AoU when he should have been put on trial.. Now, suddenly, we have to jam in an angry mother who makes Tony feel bad about one random kid dying in Sokovia, and now it's the biggest issue in the world. What makes it hilarious is that the death tolls are comically low. Thousands of people die in car accidents every day, but if 70 people die in the fallout of an alien invasion that would have (allegedly) meant the end of mankind, then OH SHIT, look out for those dangerous Avengers!

It's just dumb, and the fact that nobody ever, not ONCE, brings up the fact that the death tolls would have been exponentially higher if the Avengers had done nothing makes the entire plot point flimsy as fuck.

I didn't say I thought BvS was great, but I am saying that to use RottenTomatoes as the be-all, end-all metric for "good taste" makes you look like a pleb. Which it does. Besides, most people on Sup Forums will agree that a movie like, say, Speed Racer is great, and critics just refused to judge it on its own merits.

insane is having everyone explain why something is shit and being like "no it's great"

>Literally argument ad populum.
As opposed to the couttier's reply, which isn't a fallacy when you do it?

>ly. There have been practically no mentions of consequences or social/political unrest surrounding the Avengers and what they do,
There was some at the start of Age of Ultron. Sokovians rioting and throwing bottles and the Iron Legion.

Honestly man you read like one of those guys that's going "They made a joke! There's no mountain of skulls! Throw it all in the trash I can't take it seriously at all!"

People know the Avengers are saving the world, they just think they're not doing a good enough job of it. As Tony put it, they basically dropped a building on the kid who died. Now, maybe that was unavoidable collateral damage, and then there's no sense beating yourself up over it, but like no other, Tony knows he's the "fly in, kick ass, stop bad guy, forget all about it" man himself, so he probably really didn't give it much thought. And that's what rankles.

It's not that the Avengers should do nothing, it's that they should be better at it. Whether that's true or not, as in, realistic or not (in the movie universe) is another matter.

I will agree with you though that waiting this long to bring that up as a way of kickstarting this movie's plot was a little pat. I mean, if this worries people they've been worried from the start, so why does it only now start hitting home? The alien invasion maybe (not much to do about it) but after that?

The problem is that 99% of the people saying something is shit only use terrible, meme-based arguments and don't elaborate, and often present those arguments in a way that makes it apparent they just weren't paying attention to the movie and missed a ton of basic plot information (i.e. "Why do they think Superman shot people in Africa? That's dumb!"), whereas most people who say it's great actually do present arguments based around the structure of the movie and the information within it as it was presented to us.

>People know the Avengers are saving the world, they just think they're not doing a good enough job of it
No. That wasn't the point at all. The heavy-handed point of the entire Sokovia accords was that the Avengers were a dangerous entity that needed to answer to a higher power. No part of the conflict centered around the Avengers "doing their job better". This is just your mind trying to make the movie less stupid by forcing it into a different context.

>so why does it only now start hitting home?
Dunno. I mean, the actual, real world reason is that Marvel Studios never wanted to put something as conflicting and divisive as the Civil War plot into the movies, and only got the green light after BvS got announced, so they suddenly had to introduce the impetus for the plot point within the same movie it was being addressed. As for why it was suddenly as issue in-universe, I can't say. I think it's safe to assume most people in the MCU world love the Avengers, unless, you know, they had their son killed in Sokovia. That's still fewer than most.

>I will agree with you though that waiting this long to bring that up as a way of kickstarting this movie's plot was a little pat.
I think there was a little groundwork laid befhore hand and you mayhave ignored that because quips happened in the same movie. The reactions to the status quo change were seen as early in Avengers with Shield/Hydra gearing up with weapons based on the Destroyer, and then again with the multiple helicarries (TWS). So there's your political/military response to superhumans. Hulk, as a franchise, is all about the fear of collateral and the military trying to control supers. Then we have the characters themselves suffering from PTSD and having to cope with the events of an alien invasion (Iron Man 3), and then the civilian response is seen in AoU wit people going "Avengers Go Home" at the Iron Legion, which exists primarily to help aid in evacuating civilians and cordoning off the battlefields.

The groundwork is there. It's just that people make jokes in the same movies so somehow that means we have to ignore literally everything else because unless you're frowning all the time it doesn't count.

>The problem is that 99% of the people saying something is shit only use terrible, meme-based arguments and don't elaborate,
As opposed to "the epic stakes kino serious dramatic based symbolism that you just ddn't understand brainwashed marvelshill" defense.