Ultimate Edition was great

Real talk here, no memes, I actually really liked this version of the movie.

Why wasn't this released into theaters, Sup Forums?

is wonder woman still in it for some reason?

does batman spend the entire time running from doomsday?

does superman still lose batman in the smoke grenade?

does lois still know where the spear is for no reason?

does the entire congress scene still happen?

is lex luthor still in the movie at all?

does henry cavill still play superman?

yes? then its still shit.

What was wrong with Henry Cavill?

Lead smoke grenade. Cavill is based, close your pipe.

>Lead smoke grenade.
>muh head canon

If it's already been established in the movie that Superman can't see through lead, it's rational to think that Batman would use a lead-lined smoke grenade.

>head canon
A quick Google search would beg to differ.

All that stuff is still in the movie, but each one of those is fleshed out more. Lex Luthor has better motivation, The congress scene happens, but Superman doesn't just fly off, the smoke grenade part was already explained, and Batman uses a kryptonite bullet with gas against Doomsday.The only two points that still don't make sense are Lois knowing where the spear is magically and wonder Woman being in the movie period.

It's definitely far from perfect, but Snyder has a lot more artistic depth than most blockbuster directors. Most shots alone say more visually than most other superhero movies. He's very flawed, but I respect him for trying to add more depth to a generic genre. Too bad WB will completely fuck up his original vision for Justice League.

Agreed. Not perfect, but there's something about his style I like. Ignore all the Jesus imagery and pseudo-deep themes, and you still have a well-executed action movie.

this is the only version I've seen and I'd give it a 5/10 at best. Are you telling me the theatrical version was somehow fucking worse?

One of the things I DO think is excellent in the movie is how the action feels like it actually has impact. Most superhero movies just feel like rubber being slapped around but you can easily tell someone's getting fucked up in a Snyder film with the great choreography, cinematography and sound design.

I really liked the Ultimate Edition and I admit the theatrical cut is pretty fucking bad. Lots of scenes are mixed around and about 30 minutes of pivotal are cut. It's pretty bad.

Wish Snyder just said fuck it and just did TDKR

Instead of this nightmare.

Just go like "hey, TDKR on cinema, Superman fights Batman. It's not going to set up any movie it's just a good story about Batman."

There's actually a fan edit out there called "Batman v Superman: No Justice" that cuts out the Wonder Woman and Doomsday shit, making it just about Batman and Superman fighting. It's a dang good edit.

Wonderwoman, and Doomsday shouldn't have been in the movie to begin with DESU. The movie was so jammed packed with scenes in different places that are tied together through some rough plot that it was hard enough to follow.

My guess is the movie was so long that they had to cut out all the establishing shots, that's why so many people got the effect of it not feeling cohesive and it not making any sense, because narrative the scenes don't flow into one an other. I'm sure someone like Zack Snyder who's worked on big budget films before knew that you needed establishing shots, and probably filmed them. But since the movie was so long they had to trim out the non-essential stuff so they trimmed out the establishing shots.

Put this in the hands of someone more talented they Goyer and Snyder this could have been a good flick. True shame.

I guarantee the rough cut of the movie before the Ultimate Edition was at least 5 hours long.

k-kino?

>execs demand doomsday, wonderwoman, and justice league teasers
>execs demand a short flick

it should have been 5 hours long. Snyder was tasked with so many things and cramming it into 2 1/2 hours just won't fit.

Doomsday had to be there since the good goys have to team up against someone as a united force. you really don't think batman and superman would kill each other right? Wonderwoman's inclusion is iffy but i think she had to be there since the movie was to be the basis of the JL and Wonder woman is included in the big 3

>lead smoke grenade

That is exponentially the dumbest thing I've ever heard. The Reason X-rays can't pass through lead is because of leads density as an element. There is simply not enough space between lead atoms for X-rays to pass through. Gas ,in any form and made from any element, is 99.999% empty space. X-rays would be completely unimpeded by "lead lined" gas no matter how much of the gas is actually constituted by lead.

I liked Doomdsay. People are really bitchy about a Demon Zod fighting the trinity for 10 minutes in a 3 hour movie.

>Lead smoke grenade.

For this presumption to work Batman would first have to know about Superman's inability to see through lead. At this Juncture of the DCU Batman knows fuck all about Superman's physiology other than Kryptonite can hurt him. And He only knows about Kryptonites affects because Lex tested it on Zods corpse.

>If it's already been established in the movie that Superman can't see through lead. Except it hasn't been established anywhere in the DCU yet that Superman can't see through lead. At this point in the timeline not even superman knows about his own inability to see through lead.

>genius IQ
>invents grenade that turns lead into a vapor
>breaths in vaporized lead

Gimme a fucking break, fanboy

If you keep spamming it every day, it will become a good movie somehow.

I don't spam it everyday. This is actually my first post about it on this board.

If you keep pretending you haven't seen it, people will believe it's actually good.