Which Disney movies are you most and least looking forward to?

Which Disney movies are you most and least looking forward to?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GZ0Bey4YUGI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Big Fucking Gun sounds interesting. I hope it has giant robots.

It does, they're very advanced

youtube.com/watch?v=GZ0Bey4YUGI

The giant one.

Literally who asked for a remake of Pete's Dragon?

Most looking forward to everything MCU.

Wait.

Why the fuck is Ghost in the Shell there.

>Hyped
Finding Dory
Moana
Episode VIII
Guardians of the Galaxy 2

>Interested
Rogue One
Toy Story 4
BFG
Doctor Strange

>Don't care
Pete's Dragon
Beauty & the Beast

>Dreading
Alice Through the Looking Glass
Ghost in the Shell
Pirates of the Caribbean

Because God is dead

Why does Disney continue to compete with itself?

They put Avengers up against Tommorrowland and Tommorrowland was buried.

Civil War is competing with Alice, so either its second week sales crash and burn or Alice has a weak opening and buzz is likely killed beyond that.

Moana is up against Dr Strange and, personal bias, I hope Strange kills at the box office. I don't even know anything about Moana but if it cannibalizes Strange ticket sales I will hate it forever.

Last, and most egregious, Guardians 2 is up against Rogue One. There is no fucking way the much hyped follow up to both space franchises can open within a week or two of each other and not have their ticket sales affected!

For a company like Disney that butters their bread with family friendly box office hits it is mind numbingly stupid to see them compete against themselves.

Because mankind has not suffered enough yet.

Look up the cast on IMDB and prepare to rage.

Same. Not ashamed. The MCU is a solid 20% of why I don't kill myself.

who else are they supposed to compete with?
DC? Don't be silly.

And really, who can only see one movie a month? I mean really, do you, I mean YOU, actually have to decide between rogue 1 and Guardians 2?
I'm going to see both, and so will everyone else.

The creator was okay with it...

Interested in Ant-Man and the Wasp desu

That's pretty sad, user.

I mean the 80% is family and life and experiences and stuff.

I'm not going to see any.

>DC

The fact that you said DC instead of WB means you should kill yourself for being a company wars faggot

what do you mean? Superman is DC.

Not him but it's still sad man. They're just decent movies

>most
Moana
Coco
Star Wars Episode VIII
Doctor Strange

>least
Cars 3
every live action remake of classic Disney animated films

Yeah they're pretty good. I like them.

It's competing with Alice and X-Men is out very soon not to mention angry birds will also be a hit with the families. It would be hilarious if after all this that Civil War only does as much as BvS

Tomorrowland was also not a very good movie.

the biggest issue is really that no matter how good it is, it won't live up to the source material.
It can either try and fail to live up to the original, or do something new, and it obviously won't do the latter, because it could've just made a new franchise and be propably more successful and less burdened by brand.

I'm actually going to say the BFG. I loved that book as a child.

Most:
Gigantic, by far.

Least:
All the sequels and remakes.

do we have more shots of the giantess yet?

They have to compete with every other studio pumping out an endless stream of competition. Do you honestly think Disney is concerned with the tiny audience that plays company wars with comics? Not even 1% of the general market, they couldn't give less of a shit.

Movie studios have entire departments whose sole job is to study the release calendar and calculate the most opportune placement for their movie. It is baffling that Disney is so blind that they intentionally place their movie days apart from each other.

In answer to your second question; of course I'm going to see both but that's because I'm 29, married with no kids yet, and I have a job that pays me well. I have plenty of free time and money to see movies BUT the biggest audience for cartoons and capes is families. It's expensive for a family of 3/4/more to see a movie, not to mention dinner and/or a babysitter for the youngest. If you're shelling out $200 bucks for a night at the movies you might be a bit more discerning in which movies you see and how often.

Also, the fact that parents might not want to spend their precious free time seeing movies that don't appeal to them every single weekend.

At least Xmen and Angry Birds are RIVAL studios, they can't force them to change or move their movie because it would convey weakness.

...but the fucking stupidity of placing your own product less than a week after a key franchise release is just incompetent.

All the more reason to find a better spot for it. If you (as a studio exec) see that your product is shaping up to be an underperformer...maybe, just maybe, you shouldn't put it in the immediate shadow of your biggest blockbuster of the year. Find a barren month and dump it there, at least that way you might bolster sales with bored patrons looking for literally anything.

I don't give two fucks about Star Wars or cape shit. The animated disney movies could be interesting, but we'll see. Ghost in the Shell is either going to be incredible or absolute dogshit. Pirates of the Carribean could be fun, but the last was meh so I'm not holding my breath. Beauty and the Beast sounds like it'll suck but it has Emma Watson from what I hear so I'm on board.

Pirates. They milked that dry ages ago.

>God is dead
And the mouse killed him...

There's only one thing you need to know about Moana. It's Dwayne Johnson in it. Benedict Cumberbund go go suck a cock, I'm going for Dwayne.

Wait Dreamworks is owned by Disney?

Well, that's an old schedule. episode 8 got pushed back to December of 2018 so Guardians 2 is in the clear.

As for Alice, there's a good 3 week break between Civil Wars opening weekend and Alice's so it should be fine, after all that's about the length between the openings of Civil War and Jungle Book.

As for Moana and Dr. Strange, I guess they're looking for counter competition?

And don't forget all the stuff that's not on there.

Queen of Katwe, starring Lupita Nyong'o, which is based on a true story about a Ugandan chess master.

The Jungle cruise movie with Dwayne Johnson based on the ride.

Sequels to The Jungle Book and Malificent.

Black Panther and Thor 3.

And last but not least. Cruella, starring Emma Stone.

Most:
Moana
Coco

Least:
Literally everything else

And Mary Poppins sequel with Emily Blunt and based Lin Manuel Miranda

That's because DreamWorks Pictures (not DreamWorks Animation; the two split from each other in 2004) is making a live-action Ghost in the Shell movie.

However, the picture is outdated. DreamWorks Pictures had been distributing their films through Disney at the time that release schedule was made. When the contract expired late last year, they opted not to renew it, and instead turned to Paramount to distribute their movies, starting with GiTS. So now Disney no longer has a damned thing to do with Ghost in the Shell.

Of the Disney movie you;re aware of, which are the most likely to bomb?

I'm going with Pete's dragon and that Mary Poppins remake. No one asked for these things.

I dread most of them except for Toy Story 4, and the only reason I don't dread that is a case of morbid curiosity as to what the hell they are planning with it. I am also super dreading Ghost in the Shell because I'm pretty sure they're gonna butcher it like no tomorrow.

Like I said in , Disney doesn't have a damned thing to do with Ghost in the Shell anymore. That was always a DreamWorks project, it's just that Disney was going to distribute it before DreamWorks opted to let Paramount start distributing their movies once the Disney contract expired. If Ghost in the Shell sucks, it won't be because of Disney because they were only minimally involved before, and now aren't involved at all.

Disney = GODS

What happens if GITs causes a boom in animeshit becoming popular?

then we prepare to get mad about the Evangelion and Gurren Lagann live action castings.

Capeshit is getting more and more stale, they need something to replace it. Anime will become the new capeshit in the next decade. We're gonna start seeing all types of live-action hollywood remakes of classic anime shows. And then every normalfag will watch that shitty watered down hollywood remake with pretty special effects and "omg hawt" actors in it and claim they're an "anime fan".

Evangelion directed by JJ Abrams

Starring:
Hudson Yang as Shinji Ikari
Aubrey Peeples as Asuka
Constance Wu as Misato Katsuragi
Allie Grant as Ritsuko
Suzuka Nakamoto as Rei
Channing Tatum as Kaji

And Samuel L. Jackson as Gendo Ikari

Just the ones that were released when it was announced.

>Implying Eva won't be directed by Michael Bay
>with Shia LeBeouf as Shinji

>Hudson Yang as Shinji Ikari
>Aubrey Peeples as Asuka
>Constance Wu as Misato Katsuragi
>Allie Grant as Ritsuko
>Suzuka Nakamoto as Rei
>Channing Tatum as Kaji

Ha.

Haha.

Heheh.

Hahahahahaha!

You expect them to cast actual Asians? In lead roles?

What? I got Samuel L Jackson and Channing Tatum in there.

>Shinji, GET IN THE MOTHER-FUCKING MECH
>DO YOU THINK IT'S JUST RAINING BITCHES FOR NO REASON?!
>I DID THAT SHIT AND GOD DAMNIT YOU HAVE YET TO DO ANYTHING BUT MOTHER-FUCKING CRY!
>NOW GET OUT THERE AND SAVE HUMANITY BEFORE I HAVE TO DO IT MY DAMN SELF!

You're pathetic man.. Really are you that butthurt someone said DC instead of WB despite the fact that WB owns DC?
Seriously, get a grip on reality..

Episode 8, like a normal, non autistic human being.

Wow. No one's going to read that incredibly long mess, so you just wasted your time

We get eternal butthurt from clueless whities in the USA bitching about other whites getting casted in the roles, despite the fact that actual Japanese people 1) Don't give a shit, and 2) Often admit that anime characters more closely resemble caucasians anyway

Where's that Moana trailer?

Thanks bros

Dear God you're right... It's not bad enough that everyone is a hipster nerd these days, now they'll be anime fans despite never watching anime before it became "popular"

Do any of you understand how it is to have always been a nerd who dresses like a hipster BEFORE it became mainstream?... Because I do

The best way to describe it is when Doug watched everyone around him start dressing like him

in the trash where it belongs

My guess, they're waiting to release it with Finding Dory and Central Intelligence. Both come out on the same day in June, ones a Disney movie, the other has Dwayne Johnson in it, who is also in Moana.

I have paid my pound of flesh with Civil War. I'm only planning to see Doctor Strange next. Fuck Disney Wars in particular.

>And Samuel L. Jackson as Gendo Ikari
I would watch it.

Is Kevin Hart the new Eddie Murphy?

No, he's yet to be a star in the biggest film of any particular year like Eddie was back in the day with Beverly Hills Cop. He's more like the new Adam Sandler.

>Least
finding Dory

>Most
probably Pirates, just to see what they'll do. Or Guardians.

Is this you?