Freeman is a good choice for Ross but why did they choose this character and this actor for the role...

Freeman is a good choice for Ross but why did they choose this character and this actor for the role? It makes more sense for it to have been Henry Gyrich

Other urls found in this thread:

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Everett_Ross_(Earth-616)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Two govt leaders named Ross in the sane movie
Why?

Because he's going to appear in Black Panther as well. Plus, Gyrich is meant to be way more antagonistic and a blatant obstacle to the heroes.

His American accent was so confusing. My brain couldn't process it, like, "No, he's not supposed to sound this way!"

>sane
This movie is insane

Marvel doesn't have the rights to Gyrich. He was in the first X-Men movie.

That's how I felt when I first watched the Doctor Strange trailer and heard Bendydick's accent.

Yeah, that's traditionally something you don't want to do.

their roles should have been consolidated

I'm curious how that will work as Priest's Ross was a low level spaz while this version seems like a high level operative. Hard to believe this version would been dragged along on one of BP's American visits

I was used to it from watching fargo.
Good show

I'd question that. If Scarlet Witch is shared by the two companies, than Gyrich who's squarely rooted in Avengers lore probably can appear in an Avengers movie

I can see douchy government asshole Ross being dragged along by MCU Black Panther while grumbling, protesting and complaining all the way.

They are brothers

I'm just happy Martin and Benedict are both part of MCU. Would it be too much to ask for them to meet eventually.

Not that user, but it was easier to get my head around his voice in fargo because he was doing that goofy minnesotan accent

So this Ross will be Red Hulk someday?

Yeah, that got confused. They should have flipped around Everett's name.

I'm convinced at this point Gyrich got sold with the rights to some other Marvel property. No reason he shouldn't be around

he shows up like twice in the movie. His total screen time is what, 5 minutes?

literally who cares

Also Gyrich is almost certainly part of the X-Men film rights, despite starting as an Avengers character.

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Everett_Ross_(Earth-616)

As someone who wasn't familiar with this character...were they related?

Because I assumed they were

No.

No, there's no reason to believe that they're related. Ross isn't a rare name.

So is he going to be in the Black Panther movie then?

Almost certainly. There was no other reason to introduce him with such a prominent actor.

Except for maybe Sherlock jokes with Bendyback Sourpuss.

In that case they should have named him after someone in Strange's cast. Maybe Wong. Would people get mad at white-washing Wong? He's a negative stereotype to begin with. yes of course they would have

Fox likely didn't secure exclusivity for that character

>Russo bros.
>Ross bros.
Pottery